Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 20 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    Where did this 'all new opening coming up soon' expectation came from?
    The Facebook update from Han Megumi only mentioned that there'd be updated additional Troupe footage for the OP, which is what we just saw in episode 50. There's no announcement for a 'brand new OP" at all.
    The opening first changed in episode 27. Twice that would be episode 54. Also I thought I heard there was going to be Departure Part 3.
    They played the same song. I dunno maybe there won't be a new opening.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    The opening first changed in episode 27. Twice that would be episode 54. Also I thought I heard there was going to be Departure Part 3.
    But 27 was the start of a new arc. It'd be a waste of budget to update the troupe sequence for ep 50 then just to use it for 4 episodes. If there's ever going to be a new OP, it'd most likely be for GI arc. Han Megumi's FB never mention a Departure part 3, it was first mentioned as a joke from the fans. The Galneryus ver might be nice but that means paying for a complete 'new' song basically (royalty and rights), I don't think Madhouse has the budget for that. Just try to give you some realistic expectation.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

on the site animenewsnetwork write the episode 52 will be broadcast 19/11/2012. a little break?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the episode was pretty good, especially for a 'throwaway' episode. Music was only out of place towards the end, when they played that martial music during the escape. But overall, it wasn't that bad.

My favorite part was when Killua was hesitating to fight Nobunaga because Illumi's words were still ringing in his head. I noticed that in the manga, but it flew past my head and I didn't consider it an important detail. Plus, IIRC the manga never showed Illumi, just the words he said to Killua. So at first it would seem that Killua was hesitating because he was doubting his abilities himself, and not because of what his brother drilled into his brain.

Spoiler show

No HxH for the next two weeks, right?
    Last edited by Cinnabar; October 07, 2012 at 12:52 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I thought the episode was pretty good, especially for a 'throwaway' episode. Music was only out of place towards the end, when they played that martial music during the escape. But overall, it wasn't that bad.

My favorite part was when Killua was hesitating to fight Nobunaga because Illumi's words were still ringing in his head. I noticed that in the manga, but it flew past my head and I didn't consider it an important detail. Plus, IIRC the manga never showed Illumi, just the words he said to Killua. So at first it would seem that Killua was hesitating because he was doubting his abilities himself, and not because of what his brother drilled into his brain.

Spoiler show

No HxH for the next two weeks, right?
    Wait wait wait WHAT ?!?!? No HxH eps for two weeks ?!?! are you serious ?!?! I JUST got a month free of Crunchyroll -__________________________-

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the part of the yorkshin, according to you, in which episode will end?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Wait wait wait WHAT ?!?!? No HxH eps for two weeks ?!?! are you serious ?!?! I JUST got a month free of Crunchyroll -__________________________-
    That just sucks balls dude, unless that info happens to be wrong, it's rather unlikely since two people here already brought it up.

Also, I'm not sure if this was brought up before but why is Kortopi's eye so big? It makes him look a lot younger; is MH implying that he's a child? The opening and ending portray him almost identical to the manga, but during the actual episodes his appearance shifts/changes a little.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can people stop calling this episode a 'throwaway episode', If you think its a throwaway episode, why watch it in the first place. It may be a throw away episode to the people who have seen the series already, but to the people who are new to Hunter X Hunter its important, and I didn't really see a drop in quality (not every episode can be over the top), I loved this episode and thought the story was great.

I thought it was great how Killua thought that Hisoka may try to help them out of this situation, but then he realized that Hisoka doesn't hold Killua as close as he does Gon.

This episode made me like Nobunaga a lot, he is becoming one of my favorites in the Phantom Troupe members, and the way he is very caring fro Uvogin, and how he sees Uvo in Gon, definitely makes the Phantom Troupe feel even more like a family, and I appreciate it, as alot of manga that have organizations like this dont seem to have that family vibe.

Cant wait for Gon and Killua to meet up with Kurapika, and the Zoldycks, also Chrollo, I have been looking forward to seeing more of him for a while.

11. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    But 27 was the start of a new arc. It'd be a waste of budget to update the troupe sequence for ep 50 then just to use it for 4 episodes. If there's ever going to be a new OP, it'd most likely be for GI arc. Han Megumi's FB never mention a Departure part 3, it was first mentioned as a joke from the fans. The Galneryus ver might be nice but that means paying for a complete 'new' song basically (royalty and rights), I don't think Madhouse has the budget for that. Just try to give you some realistic expectation.
    4 episodes?

Uh we got 3 more volumes until Greed Island begins I sure hope they don't plan to complete that in just 4 episodes!

Besides that I would expect the new opening to be Greed Island related. We got Yorknew stuff before Yorknew.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Can people stop calling this episode a 'throwaway episode', If you think its a throwaway episode, why watch it in the first place. It may be a throw away episode to the people who have seen the series already, but to the people who are new to Hunter X Hunter its important, and I didn't really see a drop in quality (not every episode can be over the top), I loved this episode and thought the story was great.

I thought it was great how Killua thought that Hisoka may try to help them out of this situation, but then he realized that Hisoka doesn't hold Killua as close as he does Gon.

This episode made me like Nobunaga a lot, he is becoming one of my favorites in the Phantom Troupe members, and the way he is very caring fro Uvogin, and how he sees Uvo in Gon, definitely makes the Phantom Troupe feel even more like a family, and I appreciate it, as alot of manga that have organizations like this dont seem to have that family vibe.

Cant wait for Gon and Killua to meet up with Kurapika, and the Zoldycks, also Chrollo, I have been looking forward to seeing more of him for a while.
    We don't mean the episode was bad. I gave it an 8 out of 10. That's a good rating. It's just a "throwaway" episode because it's pretty clear that
    Madhouse is saving the budget for you know what. We just mean this isn't Madhouse at their best but it's still Madhouse doing a good job.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't mean the episode was bad. I gave it an 8 out of 10. That's a good rating. It's just a "throwaway" episode because it's pretty clear that Madhouse is saving the budget for you know what. We just mean this isn't Madhouse at their best but it's still Madhouse doing a good job.
    I understand what you guys mean, you mean that Madhouse was taking it easy. I just don't like the term 'throwaway episode', It feels like you guys are saying this episode can be disregarded, and its not important or low in quality.

I thought it was an intense episode, had no Idea where it was going, I thought that they would just wait for Chrollo to show up, and get set free, but after they broke through those walls I remembered how powerful nen could be, Im still wondering how they confused Nobunaga that much though, they were long gone.

lol, at the part where Gon recognized Hisoka. Gon to Killua "ofcourse I don't understand, Im stupid.", lol.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the part of the yorkshin, according to you, in which episode will end?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I understand what you guys mean, you mean that Madhouse was taking it easy. I just don't like the term 'throwaway episode', It feels like you guys are saying this episode can be disregarded, and its not important or low in quality.

I thought it was an intense episode, had no Idea where it was going, I thought that they would just wait for Chrollo to show up, and get set free, but after they broke through those walls I remembered how powerful nen could be, Im still wondering how they confused Nobunaga that much though, they were long gone.

lol, at the part where Gon recognized Hisoka. Gon to Killua "ofcourse I don't understand, Im stupid.", lol.

I guess it's just a lack of a better term or at least one we can think of at the moment.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Umm, don't double 27, double the episode cound with the old op, that is 26. The first op lasted 26 eps, the second should have lasted the same, so the new op must have been with ep 53. Tho I think it's impossible now.

I'm really disappointed they didn't animate the events in chronological order. But the episode wasn't that bad except for music placement in some moments. I think the 'Join us!' moment would be much better if it was silent at the beginning, and when Nobunaga asked Gon to join them, Hashire! started playing. And The World of Adventures at the end didn't seem fitting. Plus the ending didn't feel that much of a cliffhanger without Neon's scene from ch 94. So I'd say about 8.5/10
    Now the next ep should cover till most of 97, and with such a pace I expect them to cover September The Third in episode 52 or 53. Then it's about 6 more episodes for September the Fourth. And three more till the mid-season end. So mid-season will probably end with
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; October 07, 2012 at 03:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Umm, don't double 27, double the episode cound with the old op, that is 26. The first op lasted 26 eps, the second should have lasted the same, so the new op must have been with ep 53. Tho I think it's impossible now.

I'm really disappointed they didn't animate the events in chronological order. But the episode wasn't that bad except for music placement in some moments. I think the 'Join us!' moment would be much better if it was silent at the beginning, and when Nobunaga asked Gon to join them, Hashire! started playing. And The World of Adventures at the end didn't seem fitting. Plus the ending didn't feel that much of a cliffhanger without Neon's scene from ch 94. So I'd say about 8.5/10
    Now the next ep should cover till most of 97, and with such a pace I expect them to cover September The Third in episode 52 or 53. Then it's about 6 more episodes for September the Fourth. And three more till the mid-season end. So mid-season will probably end with
    Spoiler show
    Ah, this is all guess work anyways about the next opening. For all I know...GRIZZLY BEARS FROM MARS! OH NO!

Don't remember World of Adventures in the episode...Might have to watch it again.

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

ok now I see or hear. Yeah it is kinda weird in a way but I don't think the song has played in quite a while.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

BTW did anyone else think En looked cool?

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we'll have a completely new opening for episode 53/54. Why would you bother to add new scenes in episode 50, if you planned to change a new opening 3 episodes later ? Doesn't make sense for me. And the fact that they don't spoil GI, let me think that we'll have a new one around episode 61-63.

For the next 2 episodes i think that :
    - they should slow down the pace for episode 51 and have the normal pace of 2 chapters (around 36/38 pages). It would also end with chapter 96 which i think would make a perfect ending. Just imagine that scene with Hunting for your dream.
    - If they end episode 51 like i think they should , then episode 52 would be THE EPISODE. Seriously, if they do this perfectly i think we'll definitely have one of the best episode of the series.
    And for this episode, i think end of chapter 99 would be a great ending. It will leave the viewer in the state of "DAFUQ ? WHAT HAPPENED ?? GIVE ME NEXT EPISODE NOWW !!!"

BTW did anyone else think En looked cool?
    Nen in general is awesome in this adaptation. The way MH depicts it is absolutely fantastic.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 20 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast