Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    Thanks for the welcome....I FEEL SO SPECIAL.

Hisoka just steals the show in anything. And he only got like 4 seconds in the whole episode.
    I know right? Well there were better moments of course, but for this version of the anime that part was just too good to me, plus it's more fresh in my memory.

Btw, welcome to the forum. ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Did Shalnark infiltrate the Mafia in the manga? I don't recall anything being explained.
    No. The manga doesn't explain what happened.

I think both 99 and 2011 versions work fine.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey. Finally decided to join this forum after reading through all 300+ pages of the HxH 2011 anime discussion threads (yes, I have no life).
    :O

OH MY GOSH I AM NOT ALONE

I read every single post in the Anime Discussion forum before joining too. I have no life either. XD Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to talk to you about HxH!

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Welcome to the land of misfit Stickys, Chairman Neteros, Noone who is alive, strikes of zonik, cinnabar island, mega mans, shinobis and many other crazy and interesting people and things.
    Enjoy your stay! Look forward to discussing this amazing manga with you.
    Also frogs from the future, Chrollo, Dreams of America, Ging, Hunters of the BlackList kind, Hunters of the Contract kind, speedy demons, Uriel, this 3331 guy, mouse-like hamsters, split skies, Phantrons, kindredxiuxius, Goral, and okay I can't name all of you and make up something witty about your usernames there's just too many. XD

(I was gonna make my username Cinnabar Island, actually. But I thought was too long. XD)

4. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    :O

OH MY GOSH I AM NOT ALONE

I read every single post in the Anime Discussion forum before joining too. I have no life either. XD Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to talk to you about HxH!
    ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    I know right? Well there were better moments of course, but for this version of the anime that part was just too good to me, plus it's more fresh in my memory.

Btw, welcome to the forum. ^^
    Thanks. I remember back when the threads first started everyone was worried that Hisoka would be too professional and serious and not perverted at all. It's kind of funny thinking back on it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing reading all the pages because I'm an HxH fan and reading other people opinions about it just gave me that extra satisfaction...Both good and bad i might say. Mostly the people talking shit and comparing it to the "masterpiece" (1999 anime) was what got to me and urged me to join pretty much...I know thats a weird reason but after reading the manga i just had to put my 2 cents on the comparison discussions..

Other than that I'm glad HxH 2011 anime is around... It would be a drag to wait through hiatuses to discuss HxH in general....=[]

7. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noonealive View Post
    I did the same thing reading all the pages because I'm an HxH fan and reading other people opinions about it just gave me that extra satisfaction...Both good and bad i might say. Mostly the people talking shit and comparing it to the "masterpiece" (1999 anime) was what got to me and urged me to join pretty much...I know thats a weird reason but after reading the manga i just had to put my 2 cents on the comparison discussions..

Other than that I'm glad HxH 2011 anime is around... It would be a drag to wait through hiatuses to discuss HxH in general....=[]

That leads me to a nice discussion topic:

What if there was no Madhouse anime or film. Would HxH survive as usual with it's hiatuses or would this current hiatus be the last straw?

Also how much impact do you think the new anime has had on the HxH Franchise?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    That leads me to a nice discussion topic:

What if there was no Madhouse anime or film. Would HxH survive as usual with it's hiatuses or would this current hiatus be the last straw?

I'm gonna reply with a " HUNTER x HUNTER is TOO good to get canceled "

10. Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can just imagine Togashi's editors in the office being all "there he goes again"

Even if Madhouse adaption didn't exist, the fact stands that the manga was selling well enough to make not only an anime but a movie. And despite not releasing as many volumes, HxH still makes it onto top selling manga lists. Keeping a manga that releases a volume or two a year but sells over 3mill copies per, rather than dropping it for a random amateur shounen that sells a couple hundred copies every few months would still be more profitable.

And if the publishing company dropped HxH, Togashi would troll his way to find another one

12. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chrollo's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Did Shalnark infiltrate the Mafia in the manga? I don't recall anything being explained.
    Yeah I remember Nobunaga implying that iirc >.>

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can just imagine Togashi's editors in the office being all "there he goes again"

Even if Madhouse adaption didn't exist, the fact stands that the manga was selling well enough to make not only an anime but a movie. And despite not releasing as many volumes, HxH still makes it onto top selling manga lists. Keeping a manga that releases a volume or two a year but sells over 3mill copies per, rather than dropping it for a random amateur shounen that sells a couple hundred copies every few months would still be more profitable.

And if the publishing company dropped HxH, Togashi would troll his way to find another one
    Yeah I kinda figured but still the anime has had to help sales at least somewhat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I kinda figured but still the anime has had to help sales at least somewhat.
    I can 100% say with certainty that Hunter x Hunter will never be cancelled. If the anime hadn't begun there wouldn't be any real difference in popularity from before the anime. But the anime sure did elevate it.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, HxH would still thrive without the anime. But the anime does bring in new fans (how many of us joined this site this year because of HxH?), and it's actually keeping the fandom alive while there's a hiatus. A lot of threads are popping up recently, and not just this one. I haven't been around long enough, but I imagine this side of the forums to be a bit of a ghost town if not for the anime (and soon to come, movie!). XD

It's like we're all revisiting (or just visiting for some of us) the story again. It's great!

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I can 100% say with certainty that Hunter x Hunter will never be cancelled. If the anime hadn't begun there wouldn't be any real difference in popularity from before the anime. But the anime sure did elevate it.
    That's kinda more what I'm trying to get at.

How much has the anime elevate the popularity?

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Nah, HxH would still thrive without the anime. But the anime does bring in new fans (how many of us joined this site this year because of HxH?), and it's actually keeping the fandom alive while there's a hiatus. A lot of threads are popping up recently, and not just this one. I haven't been around long enough, but I imagine this side of the forums to be a bit of a ghost town if not for the anime (and soon to come, movie!). XD

It's like we're all revisiting (or just visiting for some of us) the story again. It's great!
    So people would still buy HxH...but it probably wouldn't be talked about as much?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I leave for a night of studying and we pick up new members by the side of the road? I like this!

I'm of the opinion that Hunter x Hunter is that awesome of a story that people still talk about it for ages. Though the anime currently airing certainly helps in that regard.

Plus, after Heaven's Arena, the anime has been having better reception. It's nearly at an 8.5/10 at MAL. It's about 7.8 at ANN. Ratings are good. I'm not sure how things are on the merchandise front. Either way, I can't see HxH going away anytime soon. I think they have plans to animate the Ant Arc...

Spoiler show

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So people would still buy HxH...but it probably wouldn't be talked about as much?
    Not during a hiatus. What I mean is that there's a lot more activity due to the anime, and there's a steady stream of posts here unlike during a hiatus where I can imagine threads only popping up once in a while since there's nothing to talk about and nothing to do until Togashi starts drawing again. Correct me if I'm wrong though since I'm relatively new here anyway. XD

Thread Closed
Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast