Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

I personally didn't mind the omitted stuff. *shrug*

Is this my favorite episode? It's easily in the top 5 along with 33, 35, 7, and 47.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just heard Chrollo's character song. Since they did a special ending they should have used this as the opening

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Also, the scene where PT's car was blown made more sense in Nippon animation. In MH one it exploded after a series from small machine guns (another proof that MH is treating its viewers as idiots), in Nippon animation they've used a bazooka.

I think you missed the part where Machine Guns and Shotguns were being aimed at the car engine. That equals car blows up

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i watched episode 51 this morning and since then I couldn't stop thinking about it: especially the requiem sequences, the indoor fishes and its victims, Kuroro's voice....which is odd because this part in the manga was just ok to me. It never stood out to me (not a fan of Kuroro). I guess this is the ultimate impact the anime can do: elevate a scene with the beautifully directed sequences that haunts you.

Agree that the repeated prophecy is INFECTIOUS and setup a mythical, ominous, fateful mood. I LOVE it! The way Madhouse did with the elevator scene and others somehow, finally ....convinced me of Kuroro's charisma...maybe it was his voice and and that absolute confidence coming from a director (conductor) type who got the execution the way exactly he wanted it (again this is coming from a fan who never cared for this character).

The omission completely went over my head and in hindsight they aren't that important to me (omission isn't the same as changing & ruining characters and themes with addition of cheesy sappy filler like 1999 did). This episode has a tight storytelling and very smooth pacing, and is thematically focused. In addition the prophecy and requiem is drawn out to draw you in (instead of shortening them in favor of MORE trash talking/punching between mafia guys I don't give an f for just for the sake of 'include everything'). The way Madhouse interpret this part is elegant, simpler (than the manga) but equally if not more powerful.

I can't wait to rewatch it again soon.
    Last edited by chei; October 14, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

6. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not related to this episode really, but I adore Chrollo and Machi's character songs.

But I wouldn't be opposed if they used an instrumental version of his character song during upcoming events, like they did with Killua's.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner vansonbee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    i watched episode 51 this morning and since then I couldn't stop thinking about it: especially the requiem sequences, the indoor fishes and its victims, Kuroro's voice....which is odd because this part in the manga was just ok to me. It never stood out to me (not a fan of Kuroro). I guess this is the ultimate impact the anime can do: elevate a scene with the beautifully directed sequences that haunts you.

Agree that the repeated prophecy is INFECTIOUS and setup a mythical, ominous, fateful mood. I LOVE it! The way Madhouse did with the elevator scene and others somehow, finally ....convinced me of Kuroro's charisma...maybe it was his voice and and that absolute confidence coming from a director (conductor) type who got the execution the way exactly he wanted it (again this is coming from a fan who never cared for this character).

The omission completely went over my head and in hindsight they aren't that important to me (omission isn't the same as changing & ruining characters and themes with addition of cheesy sappy filler like 1999 did). This episode has a tight storytelling and very smooth pacing, and is thematically focused. In addition the prophecy and requiem is drawn out to draw you in (instead of shortening them in favor of MORE trash talking/punching between mafia guys I don't give an f for just for the sake of 'include everything'). The way Madhouse interpret this part is elegant, simpler (than the manga) but equally if not more powerful.

I can't wait to rewatch it again soon.
    That's bit of a foolish statement regarding the omitted materials. I do agree that the mafia guys small brawl meant nothing to the whole story, but it would effect how awesome and bad ass Kura is. Kura gonna knock that fatty bald mafia guy out, but the build-up to it would be gone. Like his boss getting beat-en up and maybe MH might omit Kura punching him too...

episode 51 for 2011 was slightly better than 1999, but not by much. Don't know why you so trill, other than it being newer.
    Last edited by vansonbee; October 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
    That's bit of a foolish statement regarding the omitted materials. I do agree that the mafia guys small brawl meant nothing to the whole story, but it would effect how awesome and bad ass Kura is. Kura gonna knock that fatty bald mafia guy out, but the build-up to it would be gone. Like his boss getting beat-en up and maybe MH might omit Kura punching him too...

episode 51 for 2011 was slightly better than 1999, but not by much. Don't know why you so trill, other than it being newer.
    I think it's more foolish to not understand why he likes the episode so much when Chei thoroughly explained his reasoning. Cut material is not an end all be all for some people as long as they felt the story was well told. Some are going to have to realize that it's almost impossible to do a 100% adaptation when going from book to Television.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Dragon View Post
    I think it's more foolish to not understand why he likes the episode so much when Chei thoroughly explained his reasoning. Cut material is not an end all be all for some people as long as they felt the story was well told. Some are going to have to realize that it's almost impossible to do a 100% adaptation when going from book to Television.
    I completely agree with you. I understand if some people think some cut material should have been included, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it should negatively affect the episode. I for one, like that Mad House adds their own material, and I don't mind if minor things are cut occasionally (Its in the manga, and the manga isn't going anywhere.) also, even though Hunter X Hunter is created by Togashi, The anime is created by Mad House and they have done a phenomenal job, so why is it so wrong that Mad House wants to take Hunter X Hunter and make it their own, by changing somethings around but still remaining faithful to the manga.

Besides not many manga, get a second anime retelling the story from the beginning, not even the popular ones.

I think Chei enjoyed this episode, because he thought it was great (its as simple as that), I did too. I don't see how thats foolish.
    Last edited by leiatte; October 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Not related to this episode really, but I adore Chrollo and Machi's character songs.

But I wouldn't be opposed if they used an instrumental version of his character song during upcoming events, like they did with Killua's.
    I would love to hear both themes. Especially Chrollo, because squee I wuv him. Still my favorite Phantom Troupe member, it could be cool to close the entire arc on his character theme (that scene with him on the cliff reading the prophecy again)

Where do you guys think the next ep will end? I've been thinking it could end with the big fight between you know who. perhaps closing on the Ten Godfathers video at the auction about capturing the Troupe members, sorta leaving the viewer going "what happened in the fight? are the Zoldycks and Spiders all dead?"
    Last edited by TheAmericandream; October 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone really wanted to see Light get punched in the face. I know, right? I hate the guy too.

I don't see much of a problem with them taking out the part where he's beaten up. Interesting to think Kurapika may have let his boss get punched on purpose because he hates him. But with how clearly it's been stated that Kurapika's just using him and with that whole eye business, I don't think it needs much inferring.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    To play the devil's advocate, I say it's because she got distracted by her chat with Basho, and since it's a crowded place that's full of people and it's hard to pin point individual voices.
    This prove that Senritsu is only good when she is focus, multi-tasking much... No... Good thing the supposedly HxH exam in election arc didnt happen...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted Light to get punched just for the sake of Light getting punched. I really don't care WHY he gets punched.

I do miss seeing the stuff they omitted. I always do. No matter how "trivial" the scenes are in the manga they just add to the fun. Take for instance the hobo Chrollo hired. Neither Madhouse nor Nippon had him. Now what they did instead was fine, it got us from point A to point B. But still, there's just something great about Chrollo getting a hobo to get him into the auction. The best part about it is that Togashi does NOT explain anything about it except that the guy is a hobo.
    Where did he find the hobo? What did he pay him? Who is this hobo? What is the hobo REALLY planning? So many questions. Lol.

But then there's other stuff that Kurapika's missing analysis. Sure he was basically saying that Zoldycks > everyone else. Yet more importantly it shows Kurapika is able to discern that they are stronger by just their mere presence.

Yet is it just me or does it sometimes seem like when Nippon DOES follow the manga that Madhouse decides to change it up?

Take Phinx pose in the manga and Nippon. They are the same.

It's different in Madhouse's version.

Sometimes I wonder if Madhouse is trying to avoid looking like Nippon's version even if it means avoiding looking like the manga.

The one major advantage I would say Madhouse has...is that aside from the OVAs and the next episode this is was the big final act for the Nippon tv series.
    Whereas with Madhouse we're not even half way there. Even with the OVAs I don't think it really ever beyond the quality of the requiem.
    Well maybe the immediate OVA. But Greed Island was a definite drop in quality. Hopefully this time Greed Island will look BETTER than Yorknew.

But anywho I would say overall both requiem versions are basically equal to another and slightly below the manga.

But Chrollo vs Zoldycks is where it's at. This was one of the best animated fights from Nippon. Some might consider it THE best fight despite how short it is.
    Though while I think it's rather impressive for the first half it's the second half that gets a bit shaky. I'm rather hoping Madhouse can stay strong throughout
    the whole fight. Though I'm sure they can.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Chrollo's charisma at its best =D
    Can't denied that. His charisma is what makes him so dangerous. Honestly,I won't be surprised if he use his charm to steal other nen user ability.I do wonder how many ability does he have...

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    from this point on...
    Senritsu should be able to tell.... that is way before she lie and excuse to pee....

when Neon did that facial expression, I think there was a change in her heartbeat as well....

way from the start when she shops, Senritsu should have doubted her... that Neon is planning something...

she out loudly says she want that wig... Isnt that suspicious enough?
    My post below.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And well, Neon obviously doesn't know about Nen, so She just couldn't imagine what or what not people could do. She was in mafia territory knowing that his father will keep her safe, so She had no reason to actually be suspicious. And she was annoyed with his father, so it's a normal thing to do.
    And you know, predicting things is her stuff. She would do it for the favor of letting her pass.

Well...She was distracted thinking on Kurapika after all when that happened. In her defense, going to the bathroom could be a thing very well planned and Neon is a brat after all, I doubt She trembled and her heartbeat could tell that She was gonna do something weird. Or maybe She was anxious all the time, so there wont be any difference. Considering that the acution is coming, it's natural.
    Senritsu ability is incredible...But she can't read the future.

Actually...And adaptation. :O

In a way, is true.It does make some sense.But not all mafia are friendly with each other...
    Kurapika definitely was one of the factor.
    After thinking through about it (in a more logical way), considering that Senritsu was tired (due to accompanying neon shopping) and that she was worry for Kurapika,this may have put her in a bad condition. With her ability,she was able to detect that the worm was beneath them, knew that Squala was lying and also possess superhuman hearing! She could have easily detected that Neon was lying. But as nen ability can be affected by both mental and physical stress, she may be in no shape to efficiently use her ability. As a result, she was completely caught off-guard,wasn't alert enough and talking to Basho may have distracted her from noticing any changes in Neon's heartbeat. I do believe that Neon isn't a perfect liar (unless she taking drugs or something) and her heartbeat would have reveal her lies.Just that senritsu wasn't able to detect it due to the given circumstances.
    Last edited by Akia999; October 15, 2012 at 06:41 AM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chei's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah... so "foolish" of me to say that the of mafia guys punch is just not a deal breaker right? (it's supposedly so important enough that such previously forgotten small detail suddenly totally made up and change your impression of the entire episode only when you're reminded about it later). For me and many others, it's a *shrugged*....whatever. It is trivial to me, it does not impact nor change anything about Kura's character for me like some people suggested, and didn't have any so called ulterior motive that some people thinks it implied. For a lot of fans, something like this just doesn't matter as much as capturing the soul and the spirit to serve the direction of an episode.

2011's episode 51 blew 1999's version away with its beauty and elegance. For me there's sadness and a poetic quality from the 2011's whilst the 99's requiem felt more of just a massacre. Comparison is not allowed here so that's that.
    Last edited by chei; October 15, 2012 at 09:08 AM.

23. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Yet is it just me or does it sometimes seem like when Nippon DOES follow the manga that Madhouse decides to change it up?

Take Phinx pose in the manga and Nippon. They are the same.

It's different in Madhouse's version.

Sometimes I wonder if Madhouse is trying to avoid looking like Nippon's version even if it means avoiding looking like the manga.
    That would probably explain why MH was so accurate during the hunter exam and whale island arcs.

But, I've only noticed that often happening in terms of the camera angles, poses, and backdrops they use. I doubt things like removing Light getting beaten up was because Nippon included it.

I know what you mean about them removing the fun tidbits. I'm hoping they'll tone it down by the later arcs. Especially the ant arc; MH would have nothing to compare to aside from the manga.

On a fun note, I had a dream last night where "those two" actually did something. It creeped me out.
    Last edited by Riruru; October 15, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL There's so much irony in this episode. The legit fortuneteller was inspired by a fake one. The girl speaks of how good fortunes will inspire people to work hard, yet she only predicts bad ones. She also sounds like she cares more about the living but in reality all she does is collect dead things. Oh wow just wow, yoshihiro Togashi is such a troll lol.

26. Like 15 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast