Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

^I doubt for mid-88, as I don't see it as a great ending for an episode. They could stop mid-87 as that would be a really good ending, but they'd choosen not to.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Pokymonn's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    ^I doubt for mid-88, as I don't see it as a great ending for an episode.
    Any scene could easily become the last one in an episode with 'Hunting for your Dream' to the aid.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you guys notice that there was no Ten aura this time in the fight between Kurapika and Uvo? did they choose not to show it any more?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What? no, they have shown Ten. :O Where you say?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^I doubt for mid-88, as I don't see it as a great ending for an episode. They could stop mid-87 as that would be a really good ending, but they'd choosen not to.
    I think it could be a good ending

Spoiler show

besides that they could do a little rearranging

Spoiler show

Mid-88 or even before would be good because it would give some breathing room for the stuff that was skipped in the last episode.

If it goes all the way to the start of 89 they will have to cut a lot. And I rather not have that. Stopping at mid 88 would be a fast pace anyways.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    If it goes all the way to the start of 89 they will have to cut a lot. And I rather not have that.
    I totally agree. But it seems MH doesn't. Let's see how they'll handle it huh.
    I think it would be best not to cut anything and to cover things up to ep 86 or mid-87. When I saw that bald guy in the preview, it became obvious that at least chapter 87 will be covered fully. It doesn't have such a great cliffhanger though. When the preview pics came out, the bald guy seemed to be arguing with Zepile, which is ch.88. But mid-88 is a really bad ending, no matter how you look at it. Of all the ways to end the episode they'd choose this? I doubt it. So it will probably end the same way the Nippon's episode did. The good thing though is that this was a great way to end the episode =D

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the Zepile ep in the 99 anime, was there any crucial information that was cut from that adaptation of episodes? It's a bit more problematic since we're still missing some Gon and Killua scenes (where they are talking about the Spiders and Silva's run in with them)
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. But it seems MH doesn't. Let's see how they'll handle it huh.
    I think it would be best not to cut anything and to cover things up to ep 86 or mid-87. When I saw that bald guy in the preview, it became obvious that at least chapter 87 will be covered fully. It doesn't have such a great cliffhanger though. When the preview pics came out, the bald guy seemed to be arguing with Zepile, which is ch.88. But mid-88 is a really bad ending, no matter how you look at it. Of all the ways to end the episode they'd choose this? I doubt it. So it will probably end the same way the Nippon's episode did. The good thing though is that this was a great way to end the episode =D
    Spoiler show

In any case, if they end the same place as the 99 there will be MORE cuts.
    But of course since it's not about the spiders it "doesn't really matter".
    I almost wish they WOULD cut out some spiders stuff. Just so people can see how
    much it sucks when they cut out stuff that they like. But like I said I ALMOST wish it. I don't actually want them to cut out ANYTHING.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    I really liked the Zepile ep in the 99 anime, was there any crucial information that was cut from that adaptation of episodes? It's a bit more problematic since we're still missing some Gon and Killua scenes (where they are talking about the Spiders and Silva's run in with them)
    I wrote a post with the changes from the Zepile ep in the 99. I would say there are a few cuts but it was a bit of 'trimming the fat'.

It is indeed more problematic. Sigh. Let's hope it's not butchered too badly. I wish I could be more hopeful for this episode. But it's difficult.

Though another good possible ending. Though not very cliff hangerish

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    What? no, they have shown Ten. :O Where you say?
    I'm talking about the small white aura that was shown in every other fight.
    Spoiler show

this aura wasn't in this fight.
    Spoiler show

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't the manga not always show Ten? Maybe they did it in Gon vs Hisoka so we know they are fighting with Ten but now it's basically implied?

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Kurapika and Uvogin do have Ten and power up with Ren in the begining.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Hmm, now that you mentioned it, that could be a good ending indeed. Tho it's only 5 pages or such from the chapter end so it doesn't really change much.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh...

Not to me. Actually...I say it was rather lame.

All they did was replace the audio. There was hardly any editing involved.

I wish people would stop calling these amvs. They're not.
    Editing isn't everything, the emotions delivered and the message are a part of it too. It was decent, pretty good compared to other Uvogin vs. Kurapika AMV's I have found. As a past AMV creator I know pretty well what is needed (even though I made the last one years ago) but when I really fangasm over a certain episode or scenes I'm more than able to enjoy a rather "weak" work too. And honestly, this guy might just have tried his best and I appreciate it, it's a bit harsh to call it lame =/ just my opinion though.

Finding good Hunter x Hunter (2011) is pretty hard, at least I couldn't find much. Only work that comes to mind right now is this but there's only around 30 seconds of HxH so fans can just stop after the first minute if they want to~

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Editing isn't everything, the emotions delivered and the message are a part of it too. It was decent, pretty good compared to other Uvogin vs. Kurapika AMV's I have found. As a past AMV creator I know pretty well what is needed (even though I made the last one years ago) but when I really fangasm over a certain episode or scenes I'm more than able to enjoy a rather "weak" work too. And honestly, this guy might just have tried his best and I appreciate it, it's a bit harsh to call it lame =/ just my opinion though.

Finding good Hunter x Hunter (2011) is pretty hard, at least I couldn't find much. Only work that comes to mind right now is this but there's only around 30 seconds of HxH so fans can just stop after the first minute if they want to~

Is laziness an emotion or a message? I've made a ton of amvs and mmvs before. Sadly though I deleted them. But I know how much work they take.
    And it doesn't take hardly any work to just change the audio track. You say editing isn't everything but actually...It kinda is. It doesn't need to be
    super fancy editing. But SOMETHING at least. Rearrange the clips. Add effects. Add captions. Transitions. SOMETHING.
    It doesn't need to give people seizures to be good (actually being flashy doesn't necessarily make an amv good. Another common mistake).
    But it shouldn't be boring either and an "amv" that is really just a changed audio track is boring. Especially when it's track EVERYONE uses...
    Though don't get me wrong. I like Hunter x Hunter. I like Skillet. But don't just throw them together. Make it work. That's what amvs are about.

Seriously. Can we stop with the excuse that he or she "tried their best"? Sure maybe they did. But that doesn't mean it's good.
    Have you ever watch a comedian---who wasn't funny? Did you say afterwards? Well at least they tried their best? No! You say
    that they were disappointing! In the real world people don't care about "your best". They care about results. If you can't
    produce them...well then tough luck.

Am I harsh calling it lame? Actually yes I probably am. But I think I SHOULD be harsh. I don't think I'd be doing any favors
    lying and saying "oh what a good amv. Have a cookie." when it wasn't a good amv and I don't actually have any cookies.

If you enjoy the switched audio track then that's fine. But I like to see something more.

Now the one you posted is better. Not the best (trust me there are some Phenomenally good amvs out there) but it gets the job done.

17. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a bit busy this week so I haven't had time to read what was left of the last anime thread, nor did I read this one, but I'd just like to show something I made for the lolz:

19. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

waiting for the new ep, I am thinking maybe what they can do to ramp up the excitement at the end of the episode, after the auction house scenes (but before Zepile's analysis of Gon) cut to Leorio spotting the spiders (but not yet calling them to inform them, just a glimpse of the page), and end it on Zepile talking about Gon in the middle of the chapter. This way it doesn't have to cram all 3 chapters into one episode, just like 2.5
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast