Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Oh wow so much to catch up on.

I can't come up with a proper comment right now, but this episode was supposed to be pretty solemn, huh? For the first time, I think Hunting For Your Dream killed the end of the episode, what with Kurapika feeling emptiness and all. And I don't mean that in the positive at all. It felt out of place for me.

And now I shall catch up on everything I missed. You guys sure did leave a lot of threads and posts to read, haha.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    It doesn't have to be for the sake of the Troupe, it could be for his own enjoyment the same way as the Hunter Exam when he suddenly "played" examiner to kill the rest. In Nippon's adaptation we see him kill some.
    Well yeah...character-wise maybe it would make sense, I'm not arguing that...but only if the opponent is strong enough or pisses him off...but I was referring more to the author's and the producer's choice of not showing him killing much...the focus is the Ryodan so it's a better choice to show the others more, than to show him...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode beautiful and sad ... you could see the emptiness inside Kurapika: (

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shareme View Post
    3) Chrollo hired Illumi to take care of the 10 Dons. He became both the target and the client alongside the 10 Dons. If Chrollo being a target is not a worthy endeavor (since Spiders are a vengeful lot), perhaps treating him as a client is much more profitable.

4) "Customer satisfaction" and what it entails in the business sector. Meaning, the customer/client's status is always above you.
    About the third point, I think it was more of a competition to see who would die first. Obviously Illumi managed to kill the Ten Dons before Chrollo bit the dust, but I doubt it'd affect the Zolydck's if the opposite happened. After all if Chrollo died because he wasn't taking the fight too seriously, he probably would have been worth that small pay. It wasn't really because he was a Spider, especially considering how the two showed up despite what Silva said.

Well that's confusing...so Zeno wouldn't have said that if Chrollo didn't switch from his target to his client at the last second? I suppose Chrollo did win that game of survival, and we could also chalk it up to Zeno simply not giving a crap who was stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    It doesn't have to be for the sake of the Troupe, it could be for his own enjoyment the same way as the Hunter Exam when he suddenly "played" examiner to kill the rest. In Nippon's adaptation we see him kill some.

Spoiler show
    I believe someone mentioned that in a post a while back. Hisoka doesn't kill the weak as long as they don't get in his way. He only takes pleasure fighting those who challenge him which was why he so readily killed everyone during the Hunter Exam. The Hunter Exam is filled with people willing to die on their own strength, rather than a mob of dudes waving their guns around hoping that the guy dressed in black next to them would do something productive like it is in this arc. The mafia is just roadkill to him. Why else do you think he's keeping Gon alive? 'Cuz it wouldn't be fun to kill him now.

And, if you notice, most of the people Hisoka killed had challenged him first (even that rose-petal guy who bumped shoulders with him). While leaving weaker candidates who stayed out of his way like Pokkle untouched and graduated as a Hunter.

I can't believe we found a scene where Nippon messed up Hisoka's personality of all people.

-- Edit --

Do I seriously kill the conversation that badly?
    Last edited by Riruru; October 30, 2012 at 07:37 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    About the third point, I think it was more of a competition to see who would die first. Obviously Illumi managed to kill the Ten Dons before Chrollo bit the dust, but I doubt it'd affect the Zolydck's if the opposite happened. After all if Chrollo died because he wasn't taking the fight too seriously, he probably would have been worth that small pay. It wasn't really because he was a Spider, especially considering how the two showed up despite what Silva said.

Well that's confusing...so Zeno wouldn't have said that if Chrollo didn't switch from his target to his client at the last second? I suppose Chrollo did win that game of survival, and we could also chalk it up to Zeno simply not giving a crap who was stronger.
    But then again, Zeno knew Chrollo wasn't going for the kill so WHY didn't he and Silva go for the kill if it's really about the who-could-kill-their-targets-first competition between 2 Zoldyck parties? Instead, we see Zeno and Silva put on a show to make Chrollo look/feel good.

What I meant by "customer satisfaction" is that Zeno and Silva "put on a show" for Chrollo implying he (Chrollo) is a match / on par between TWO Zoldycks. So in a one-on-one fight, he (Chrollo) can easily kill a Zoldyck without problems. Afterall, Chrollo came out basically UNSCATHED after the skirmish with two Zoldycks, didn't he? You don't insult your client who is on the same field - combat - by putting in their face that you're above them. In a service industry, you treat clients as if they're royalty and Zeno just did that.

Also between the Mafia and the Spiders, the Spiders have a more probability of being repeat clients than Mafias. The mafia is an INSIGNIFICANT group in the HxH world and most likely wouldn't need/can't afford the Zoldycks services after their Spiders problem got taken care of. Meanwhile, the Spiders - who can definitely afford their services repeatedly - are crap at tracking people (w/c is the reason why you-know-who got accepted as a Spider) and the Zoldycks can capitalize that.

Quote Quote:
    Do I seriously kill the conversation that badly?
    This series has been going on longer than Naruto and most of it's fans are in their twenties and most probably have families and jobs now so the amount of time they're online are limited.... well, that's my excuse. I don't know about the others
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to point this out from the movie thread:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3124315

Apparently we'll be getting a new ED song (Reason by Yuzu) in December, which will also be used as the theme song for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by shareme View Post
    But then again, Zeno knew Chrollo wasn't going for the kill so WHY didn't he and Silva go for the kill if it's really about the who-could-kill-their-targets-first competition between 2 Zoldyck parties? Instead, we see Zeno and Silva put on a show to make Chrollo look/feel good.

What I meant by "customer satisfaction" is that Zeno and Silva "put on a show" for Chrollo implying he (Chrollo) is a match / on par between TWO Zoldycks. So in a one-on-one fight, he (Chrollo) can easily kill a Zoldyck without problems. Afterall, Chrollo came out basically UNSCATHED after the skirmish with two Zoldycks, didn't he? You don't insult your client who is on the same field - combat - by putting in their face that you're above them. In a service industry, you treat clients as if they're royalty and Zeno just did that.

Also between the Mafia and the Spiders, the Spiders have a more probability of being repeat clients than Mafias. The mafia is an INSIGNIFICANT group in the HxH world and most likely wouldn't need/can't afford the Zoldycks services after their Spiders problem got taken care of. Meanwhile, the Spiders - who can definitely afford their services repeatedly - are crap at tracking people (w/c is the reason why you-know-who got accepted as a Spider) and the Zoldycks can capitalize that.
    Counting by Zeno's strategic thinking and Silva's speed I doubt they were holding back too much. And those two had the upper hand throughout the whole battle, so much so that Zeno/Silva only had to use one real Hatsu skill and Silva just ran around without even using Nen. I see it more as they didn't want to expend extra energy on someone who isn't taking the fight seriously, rather than they were going easy on him so he could not take it seriously. Basically, it was Chrollo's fault we didn't see a real battle.

While Chrollo did come out unscathed after the final shot, it's interesting to note that Zeno did also. We could say Silva was the one holding back or that Zeno and Chrollo are just too strong for him to finish off in one shot. Though not being able to damage your opponent in one shot doesn't necessarily mean you'd lose to them, I agree that Silva would probably have lost to Chrollo in a fight. I just think whether Zeno would have is a lot more ambiguous.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh? Didn't Silva throw the twin vortexes of doom away just in time?

Also I found it confusing that Zeno would die to take out a target. Never understood that part about him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the part about doing his job first. Then his life comes second I guess. This remains true as far as I can remember trhoughout the manga.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Easily can kill a Zoldyck? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT. No.
    Zeno stated that he would win anyway, unless He goes for the kill in which it would probably be half and half. Zeno knows that He is uncertain about all the abilities that Kuroro may have stole, but He also fought with tons of people before which gives him the experience to deal with many abilities. After all He's transmutation, which means He is versatile to use his nen.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm? ED only? O_o
    When are they gonna change Departure? ><

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Hm? ED only? O_o
    When are they gonna change Departure? ><
    Probably never. It looks like it will be like how Smile Bomb was used throughout all of Yu Yu Hakusho but slightly altered at times.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Probably never. It looks like it will be like how Smile Bomb was used throughout all of Yu Yu Hakusho but slightly altered at times.
    That would suck ! Well for me anyway, I personally never liked Departure. Smile Bomb makes sense because that's like the best opening theme ever : P

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Departure quite a bit, but it's certainly not in the same league as Smile Bomb.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually love Deaparture, I consider it easily in the same league as Smile Bomb. It's the Smile Bomb, We Are!, Makafushigi Adventure of Hunter x Hunter. I love it.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    That would suck ! Well for me anyway, I personally never liked Departure. Smile Bomb makes sense because that's like the best opening theme ever : P
    Yeah, Smile Bomb never gets boring, I haven't really liked Departure since the beginning, I don't hate it. I just think its alright though.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 47 of 134 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast