Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Departure is a great song, and I think it's not worse than Smile Bomb or We Are. But I can't imagine Chimera Ants going with this kind of OP o.o Even YS fit the song better.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If it goes by the contents, Chimera Ants will get some death metal opening... o.O

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Departure is "meh" to me. It's not in the same league as Smile Bomb or Head Cha-La-La for sure.

They were able to make Departure fit for Yorkshin, IMO, but I don't see how they'll be able to do so for the ant arc. Maybe if they make clever OP scenes and then a more suitable ED to go with the mood of the arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Hm? ED only? O_o
    When are they gonna change Departure? ><
    Son, have a seat...

Back in the day, we got one opening song for a long series, and we liked it. Especially when it's related to the series and you hear the name in the lyrics. No matter what the content, the opening song remained the same with the occasional scene changes. We weren't as picky as your generation who asks for a new opening song every new episode.

5. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've heard of any OP songs which stayed for longer than 100 eps... And while Departure fits GI pretty well, it will hardly fit CA, so I hope it will be changed before then.
    On the other hand, I love HxH's contrasts and that might be a very good one.

UPD Oh, I never thought YYH was this long. So then Departure for >100 eps seems possible o.o Well, HxH definitely needed a theme like that.
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; November 01, 2012 at 08:21 AM.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    I don't think I've heard of any OP songs which stayed for longer than 100 eps... And while Departure fits GI pretty well, it will hardly fit CA, so I hope it will be changed before then.
    On the other hand, I love HxH's contrasts and that might be a very good one.
    - Dragon Ball's Makafushigi Adventure lasted for all the series (All 153 episodes)
    - One Piece's We Are lasted for 47 episodes
    - Toriko is currently at episode 79 and it still uses the same opening theme
    - Zeta Gundam had 2 cheerful openings despite how dark the series was
    - Madoka Magica was a dark show but the opening had funny scenes

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If only HxH OP was like YYH opening... ._.'
    Departure is good, but YYH OP (no idea what's it's name) stayed in my head ever since I watched the anime 12-14 years ago on tv (the translated version, of course x]). That seems to be a good measure of how impacting an OP is to me

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget Pokemon...good times

Speaking of Pokemon, the first theme lasted about 82 eps but after that they started going for 30-50 eps instead. Though recently the new Black/White series had a japanese theme going for 84 episodes and everyone complained about it. It wasn't even that the theme didn't suit the show or anything. It's kind of funny looking back at how different the fandom is now. Though that may just be because the first opening was our first impression of the show, so we tend to associate that song with it. Most if not all of us have seen HxH before playing to Ohayo so that might be one reason why.

I remember a lot of people from other places started complaining about a new opening since episode 13. You know, completely ignoring the fact that that's the kind of thing you'd only really see in 26 episode series. This place is a lot better in comparison.

Me? Call me a bad fan but when I watched the 1999 version, I saw Ohayo like twice then skipped it for the rest of my watch through. Yet I play Departure each time a new ep of the 2011 series goes on. I guess I would attach HxH and Departure together more than Ohayo. I honesty don't mind if it stays as the theme as long as we keep getting awesome endings.
    Last edited by Riruru; November 01, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that lately with a few shows. I remember with Bleach and Naruto it was like every 25 episodes, you'll see a new OP every 25 episodes, and a new ED every 12.

But really, as long as they keep the OP sequence updated, I have no big complaints. Mainly because I like flow in my anime and enjoy watching the OP and ED sequences with it.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; November 01, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Departure's okay up until Greed Island, but it wouldn't fit Chimera Ants. While I wouldn't really mind anymore if they use Departure all the way up to the Ant arc (and beyond?), I would prefer a new opening song by then.

About Zeno and Chrollo, did any of you think they were really seriously fighting at all? Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think that they were giving their all into the battle. Or at least, I think those threats about killing each other were more half-hearted than the passionate truth. So if that's true, then it's really impossible to tell who would win in a serious fight between the two. I don't think it's that easy to tell which is stronger.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

This note is added.

Quote Quote:
    There's a goof in Madhouse's adaptation. Kurapika still have his chains on his hands. How did the Phantom Troupe not notice it? In the manga and Nippon's adaptation he did not have them.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I had noticed ... Kurapika was lucky that they have not discovered eheheh

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I've come up with an explanation... Kinda far-fetched but still.
    There was this moment in ch. 111 when
    Spoiler show

It would be very ironical with her ability if Pakunoda had a bad memory. And that would explain why she ignored the Nostrade member with chains - she simply didn't remember the family name. And if I'm not confused, the only one from GR who could have noticed him was her.
    Plus all of the basic reason such as exhaustment, inattention etc. after completing such an operation.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    About Zeno and Chrollo, did any of you think they were really seriously fighting at all? Maybe it's just me, but I don't really think that they were giving their all into the battle. Or at least, I think those threats about killing each other were more half-hearted than the passionate truth. So if that's true, then it's really impossible to tell who would win in a serious fight between the two. I don't think it's that easy to tell which is stronger.
    It's not that Zeno wasn't serious. I think he really was trying to kill Chrollo but simply decided to only expell a little more energy than he would have to do it. If his target dies because he wasn't really fighting, I don't think Zeno would care. Unlike Hisoka who'd probably play with his opponent indefinity until the other finally decides to go at it at full strength...of course for the reason that it's fun.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    It's not that Zeno wasn't serious. I think he really was trying to kill Chrollo but simply decided to only expell a little more energy than he would have to do it. If his target dies because he wasn't really fighting, I don't think Zeno would care. Unlike Hisoka who'd probably play with his opponent indefinity until the other finally decides to go at it at full strength...of course for the reason that it's fun.
    You're probably right. What I wanted to emphasize was that I think Zeno can do a lot more than what he has shown, and that his fight with Chrollo wasn't him at his very very best. The same applies for Chrollo.

Thread Closed
Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast