Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 49 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Ahn, not exactly the best party bummer, but still...
    Where are my spoilers for today's (tomorrows?) episode? xD

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I was expecting Hisoka to "schwing!" in this episode.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, that was a short episode. Even though it was a transition one.

I don't have too many complaints this time around. Though I really liked how in the old series, Gon's words on Kurapika were made out to have such a large impact on him. That was seen to be one of the turning points in the arc in many people's eyes. But here, it was less of a turning point and more of a "we're getting together to think happy thoughts" moment. Not to mention coming out of the last episode with such a vile and empty tone, I was disappointed in how that scene was handled so nonchalantly. (except the food fight. That was awesome)

Also, the music in the elevator was distracting.

What I did like was the look Killua gave Gon while he was subtely urging Kurapika to finish his revenge. I thought that was a nice touch to show how they can silently disagree about something so seriously.

Everything else about the episode was fine for me.
    Last edited by Riruru; November 04, 2012 at 01:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall, an okay episode though it's pretty short.
    Music placement at the beginning was really bad.
    But I did like the flashback at the beginning.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a good episode overall, I enjoyed the animation it was really good for a transitional exposition episode. I was sad they didn't include the Tramp incident. Possibly it will be in the next episode but I'm not expecting it.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Official website was updated with informations about Yorkshin Arc Blu-ray Box. As expected, the arc will be released in (probably) two separate boxes. First one will start with episode 39 and go up to episode 48. We can expect some bonus material as well. Release date is set for 19th December. So if you want to give yourself some nice present for Christmas, this might do just fine.

I wonder how would look opening with Hunting for Your Dream as a theme song. I smell some neat level of epicness.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuroro's Lovely ghost writer.... and some gifs...

I love your smile Kurapika....

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

A great episode. Tho a bit rushed imo.
    The first complaint is that they omitted the Kamikaze incident, just like Nippon did. It didn't explain properly as of why Mafia stopped hunting the Spiders.
    Another thing is that the ending wasn't such of a cliffhanger. Kurapika receiving the message would work better. And the best option imo would be Spiders deciding to stay in the city.
    So 9/10, probably because I looked forward to this part very much.
    And yeah, lol, a spoiler of Bonolenov's "holes" xD

My guess about the next episode:
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Now, question time:
    1. In Nobunaga's prophecy was a line about January pursuing November. And Nobunaga was the one who was instisting on continuing the Hunt. So if he is the #1 member and Bonolenov is #13, why doesn't Chrollo have an epic number? He is the Boss after all. Although I'm not really sure about Bonolenov, I couldn't find any proofs in the manga and the only source is HxH wiki... Tho it's usually faithful.
    2. Was the first part of Hisoka's prophecy also changed a bit in manga or it was a MH addition?
    3. So what was this tape in the flashback? Your guesses =D

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    I instantly thought of Chapter Black.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    The first complaint is that they omitted the Kamikaze incident, just like Nippon did. It didn't explain properly as of why Mafia stopped hunting the Spiders.
    My guess is that they find it not interesting and relevant enough for the viewer and thus leave it out.I think it's pretty much the same reason why they keep cutting out Gon and Killua scenes in Yorknew arc.

Quote Quote:
    ow, question time:
    1. In Nobunaga's prophecy was a line about January pursuing November. And Nobunaga was the one who was instisting on continuing the Hunt. So if he is the #1 member and Bonolenov is #13, why doesn't Chrollo have an epic number? He is the Boss after all. Although I'm not really sure about Bonolenov, I couldn't find any proofs in the manga and the only source is HxH wiki... Tho it's usually faithful.
    2. Was the first part of Hisoka's prophecy also changed a bit in manga or it was a MH addition?
    1)maybe he's number 0. I don't remember if bonolenov is #13.HxH wiki is not exactly trustworthy.But either way, I don't think it really matter since even though Chrollo is the leader, he doesn't really regard himself as the "leader". So,there is no need for some epic number.
    2)Hisoka change both of the verse.
    3)I always wonder about that.That flashback has never made much sense to me.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehhhh. I honestly didn't care for this episode that much. Everything was flipped around and it felt rushed. And I didn't like where the episode ending.

What I did like was the interactions, Killua, Gon, and Leorio meeting with Kurapika. The scene where Gon and Killua were having the eating contest and then Gon spit in Killua's face was hilarious. Hey, I can be immature, right?

7/10

Quote Quote:
    What I did like was the look Killua gave Gon while he was subtely urging Kurapika to finish his revenge. I thought that was a nice touch to show how they can silently disagree about something so seriously.
    I liked the group interactions the most this episode. Though I didn't quite catch this. Didn't Gon also want Kurapika to finish his revenge, or was he mostly concerned about Kurapika finishing his end goal?
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; November 04, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked this chapter. I enjoyed the silences a lot, actually. The first part above all.
    The little Zepile-Leorio chat was also enjoyable as well, and asking his whereabouts was a nice touch. (I don't remember that in manga, but I may have overlooked)

Above all I like how Nobunaga is being portrayed. He's more charismatic here than the Nippon or the Manga IMHO.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Zepile's eyebrows are awesome.

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys!!!! Any room on this forum for someone whose completely new to Hunter x Hunter? So basically, i've been watching you guys discuss for a few weeks now. Every Time a new Hunter x Hunter episode comes out i start fangasming and go everyplace i can, from MyAnimeList, to Youtube, to here, etc, just to see other peoples reactions to the same episode. I just can't keep this excitement to myself. For the most part i was keeping all my comments/thoughts on the MyAnimeList HxH discussion pages or new Youtube videos or the Crunchyroll comments section. After yesterdays episode though i knew i had to expand my horizons because....omggosh i just HAVE to share my excitement with as many people as possible. I just love it so much. HxH's fanbase seems rather...small though? There are people like FutureFrog and BeyondNetero who i keep coming across again and again everytime i look for some HxH discussion. Seems the HxH fanbase sticks together alot. HxH is one of the few shounen fanbases i actually LIKE though, because, for one, they don't go around bashing every other shounen going "0mGz GUISES, y u watchin (insert shounen here) it SUX, HxH is the BESTEST shounen EVAR. Bleach sux ballz, Naruto sux ballz, One Piece sux ballz, HxH is shounen GOD." lol, one of the main reasons that doesn't happen though is because the HxH is to busy fighting among themselves :P "Original HxH is the bestest! Nuh uhhhhhh! HxH 2011 is the bestest!! Nuh uhhhhh! you're all wrong! The manga pwns dem bothz!!!!"

but uh, yeah, anyway. Finally decided to join, but most of you guys have read the manga or seen the original so i hope you guys don't just shrug off my opinions or whatever Maybe it'd be best if i kept quiet.... i don't know as much as you guys about the series.

I tried watching the original Hunter x Hunter 4 years ago. This was during my illegal streaming days and i was bored one day and saw the name Hunter x Hunter on the homepage. Now, i had heard of Hunter x Hunter, but i knew nothing and i mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it besides the fact it was made by the Yu Yu Hakusho creator. I'd check in on its wiki page every now and then to make sure it didn't pass Yu Yu Hakusho in length (which it did) and being the big Yu Yu Hakusho fan i was, i was kinda disappointed that Togashi chose to pick THIS series to be longer than Yu Yu Hakusho, when Yu Yu Hakusho could have run for such a longer amount of time. Anyway, i knew it was by the Yu Yu Hakusho creator, so i decided to watch it out of boredom. Let me just say... i watched 3 episodes of the original and was BORED OUT OF MY MIND. I was like "Wtf is this crap? THIS was made by the creator of the awesome Yu Yu Hakusho? THIS is what he's chosen to do with his life instead of continuing Yu Yu Hakusho? this SUCKS!" So, after watching those first 3 episodes i dropped Hunter x Hunter and never looked back. I even had a hatred for Hunter x Hunter, and even though the show almost felt like non existent because nobody ever brought it up, the few times it WAS brought up i would bash it out of sheer spite. Now, fast forward to 2011. MADHOUSE had announced that a re-make of Hunter x Hunter would be coming out and my initial thought was "oh god...THAT series. Why??" but still, for some reason i was interested. I'm a forgiving guy. I used to hate FMA until Brotherhood came out and i started reading the manga, then i found a new found respect for FMA and now i love the franchise. So now, my thoughts were "Well...Hunter x Hunter does suck, but then again, this WAS by the creator of one of my favorite animes of all time Yu Yu Hakusho, and hey, since it's starting all over again i won't be intimidated by its episode count if i keep up with it on a weekly basic, so hmmm, i think when it finally comes out i'll give it another shot. Please don't disappoint me Togashi." Later, it was announced Crunchyroll would stream the series. This made it even more convenient for me since i was a Crunchyroll member.
    So, the very first Saturday arrives and Hunter x Hunters first episode airs. Yes, it was about as boring as the first 3 episodes of the original Hunter x Hunter, but for some reason, it kept my attention unlike the original and i would actually see some PROGRESSION of the plot instead of what felt like a bad DBZ filler for 3 episodes straight in the original. So, the weeks went by, and i watched it faithfully every week until i finally realized "Wow. This is freaking amazing. I love it. I'm actually disappointed in myself that i doubted this series. Thank you MADHOUSE and Thank you Togashi!!" and well.....

HERE I AM!!!!!!!

So, yeah, sorry for the long introduction but there you have it. I hope you guys don't mind my addition to the crew

22. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

hahahaha, welcome. What an introduction, huh? Ask me anything, I'm the dominatrix of this forum. And don't worry, we LOVE new fans of HxH. We need to be the majority here (?) Anyway, don't hesitate to ask me.

And did you watched last episode? (This particular thread is solely to discuss that) What are your thoughts on it?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Thread Closed
Page 49 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast