Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by hunted View Post
    as always waiting for shinobi-03 and his comparison ...
    i want to mention some points ...
    first as you said nippon changed some Sequence of events but keeping the main story going
    and nippon give ahint about kastro by making killua by speaking about materialization ability
    Yeah, but they didn't say his name out loud.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    Popo. if you are reading this, please respond since I'm not the best translator in town.

Which one got a more accurate translation of Nobunaga's prophecy?

This is the prophecy from the manga:
    Spoiler show

This is the Crunchy translation:
    Spoiler show

And this is Viz's translation:

Spoiler show

I ask this because for some reason they concluded the ones who are going to die by which moon they symbolize, but there was no mention of them in the either Nobunaga's or Shizuku's. But in Viz's translation we got the hints from Nobunaga's as explained by Chrollo:

Frost Moon = November = Uvo
    Harvest Moon = September = Pakunoda
    Wine Moon = August = Shizuku
    Lovers' Moon = June = Shalnark
    Hmm...so, both translations are correct, in their own ways. Crunchyroll's translation is entirely literal, but the hidden meaning behind the poem is lost because of how literal the translation.

I'm talking about the "Chrysanthemum petals wither and fall together" line specifically. Japanese terms for June, August, and September moons of the lunar calendar are the "Waterless Moon (水無月)," "Leaf Moon (葉月)," and "Chrysanthemum Moon (菊月)." "Withering" corresponds to the Waterless Moon (June), petals correspond to the Leaf Moon (August), and chrysanthemums correspond to the Chrysanthemum Moon (September).

Of course, these terms aren't known to English speakers. So Viz used the English names of these full moons in their translation and altered that line of the poem to reflect this.
    Last edited by Popo; November 04, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Popo. if you are reading this, please respond since I'm not the best translator in town.

Which one got a more accurate translation of Nobunaga's prophecy?

This is the prophecy from the manga:
    Spoiler show

This is the Crunchy translation:
    Spoiler show

And this is Viz's translation:

Spoiler show

I ask this because for some reason they concluded the ones who are going to die by which moon they symbolize, but there was no mention of them in the either Nobunaga's or Shizuku's. But in Viz's translation we got the hints from Nobunaga's as explained by Chrollo:

Frost Moon = November = Uvo
    Harvest Moon = September = Pakunoda
    Wine Moon = August = Shizuku
    Lovers' Moon = June = Shalnark
    Crunchyrolls is actually more accurate. Viz is pretty much the same but made to rhyme. I cannot provide a direct translation of my own as I am bad at that sorta thing but Crunchyroll delivers the message more accurately and clearly in my opinion.

EDIT: Noticed Popo replied. Well I have been put to shame haha :P

------------
    ALSO since I haven't said what I thought of the episode yet I will now.

I am absolutely loving Madhouse's treatment of the character Nobunaga, he is my favourite Troupe member and is being handled with a great deal of care and attention in this adaptation. I loved the fortune scenes and the way this episode ended. Is Hisoka about to be revealed? Why did his fortune change? Nobu is about to rip him up! Great ending.

I also want to comment on the tape being thrown about at the beginning of the episode. Anyone else reminded of Chapter Black? That was the first thing I thought of. Would be interesting if Chapter Black exists in HxH world. Funnily enough Chrollo is similar to Sensui in appearance wouldn't you say? Funny that he would be playing with a tape like that if he watched it with the Troupe it would certainly explain why they see no wrong in killing.

All in all very good episode looking forward to next weeks!
    Last edited by futurefrog; November 04, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im an anime only watcher, and I understood what Hisoka did, mostly because the mood shifted (the intensity in his eyes) and the way Hisoka handed over the paper, like he knew that his plans wouldn't be found out.

But I completely understand where yuyunarutoballz is coming from, because when the narrator said that Hisoka's fate had changed when Pakunoda read it I can see why people would be curious why it changed.

But I remembered his technique from when he fought Kastro and I thought it would be great to change his fortune. Also seeing as how the prophecy changed in a way that didn't unveil Hisoka's plans out right, I believed he was up to it (and he had that smug look he has, even Hisoka gets surprised sometimes.)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that Chapter Black is somewhere in Meteor City, since I think it's too "dangerous" to be left alone. Anyway, people, focus on HxH.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

-EPISODE 54-

Spoiler: Part 1 show

--

Spoiler:  Part 2 show
    Was this part ever mention in the ova? Killua comment at the bottom.
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    But it IS relevant.
    You see, in manga it was obvious. "Oh, so those from Ryuuseigai are better not to fuck with. No wonder mafia people decided to leave them alone."
    While here it was like "So they decided to leave them because of some old bonds... Why are mafia people so nice?"
    Now, before you correct me, of course it wasn't profitable for mafia to lose those bonds. But come on, it's not worth it. PT have done much more harm than the loss of those bonds could ever do.
    And the flashback was really short. I mean, 1 page only! They could make Leorio tell it, it doesn't matter. But they decided to spoil the changed Hisoka's prophecy instead.
    That's the third bad really bad change by MH; the first being the Gate scene and the second - Baldy scene.

1)He cannot be #0 if there is #13. But I hope wiki is wrong and he is either #0 or #13.
    3)I hope it will be explained in the end. But, knowing Togashi...
    Shinobi explain the reason why.
    1)I was just spurting out nonsense.I don't think it really matter which number he is.
    3)That is going to be in the list of "forgotten side story"

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Was this part ever mention in the ova? Killua comment at the bottom.
    Spoiler show
    Nope. Neither in Madhouse's. I guess it wasn't necessary since we know they want to catch the Spiders for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post

But it IS relevant.
    You see, in manga it was obvious. "Oh, so those from Ryuuseigai are better not to fuck with. No wonder mafia people decided to leave them alone."
    While here it was like "So they decided to leave them because of some old bonds... Why are mafia people so nice?"
    Now, before you correct me, of course it wasn't profitable for mafia to lose those bonds. But come on, it's not worth it. PT have done much more harm than the loss of those bonds could ever do.
    And the flashback was really short. I mean, 1 page only! They could make Leorio tell it, it doesn't matter. But they decided to spoil the changed Hisoka's prophecy instead.
    That's the third bad really bad change by MH; the first being the Gate scene and the second - Baldy scene.

Shinobi explain the reason why.
    1)I was just spurting out nonsense.I don't think it really matter which number he is.
    3)That is going to be in the list of "forgotten side story"
    I say it was important to mention that incident to get an idea of how the Meteor City residents act when one of them gets mistreated for no good reason which makes a force you don't want to mess with.

But then again, we saw how the Phantom Troupe who are from Meteor City responded to Uvogin's death: A full-scale attack on Yorknew's mafia dedicated to their fallen comrade and friend.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Neither in Madhouse's. I guess it wasn't necessary since we know they want to catch the Spiders for money.
    I'm not too sure about that.Some people believe Killua is urging Kurapika to fight the spiders for another reason.

Quote Quote:
    I say it was important to mention that incident to get an idea of how the Meteor City residents act when one of them gets mistreated for no good reason which makes a force you don't want to mess with.

But then again, we saw how the Phantom Troupe who are from Meteor City responded to Uvogin's death: A full-scale attack on Yorknew's mafia dedicated to their fallen comrade and friend.
    I was referring to the part where the nameless dude from the agency appear.(since that incident was mentioned by him, I may have gotten confused with these two scenes). My bad.>.>

@ZonikStrike -Maybe Meteor City have nuclear weapon or some natural resources that only Meteor City has? .It is not far fetch to believe that the residents of Meteor City are capable of building weapons of mass destruction.Nobody knows anything about these people and they could do as they please.While the mafia are supplying weapons to them, they could also be supplying better and stronger weapons back to the mafia.(I'm aware that it doesn't make much sense as to why they would do that)The whole of meteor city is literally full of scrap metal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, long time lurker, manga reader.

It's really cool how they decided that Hisoka's fortune "change" is a cliffhanger. Anime only people are going to feel like watching something like Death Note next week.

@Akia999 I think they mentioned that mafia supplies Meteor City with weapons so that they can get bodyguards/disposabe mooks for free or at a discount. I am betting Injyuu to be from Meteor City if the Anime is followed. Of course, it contradicts with the "everyone is family" in Meteor City, but i really doubt that everyone are friends there.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we did.
    But kamikaze attack imo is much more frightening. Of course they knew PT are dangerous. But when it turned out that they are from Meteor City it became twice as dangerous (if we mention the kamikaze incident). That's why Mafia stopped chasing it; it was more clear in manga imo.

And yes, of course Meteor City was important for Mafia as non-existent people would always come in handy. But the lack of them would never do the same harm as PT did. It's not that they didn't want to lose the bond, they just were frightened by MC - that's the impression I got from manga.
    And most of all I just wanted to hear this line:
    We accept everything. Don't take anything back.

The least I can do is to put this omitted incident here for anime-only watchers to read =3
    http://i5.mangareader.net/hunter-x-h...er-1641929.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

After rewatching the episode again, I thought MH really placed accents excellent. And the storytelling was perfect. Plus I love every single bit of September the Fourth. So I decided to raise my mark to 9.5/10. My only complaint is the omission of kamikaze incident.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this episode was rushed at all. You know what, I don't think I have major complaints except for the lack of explanation regarding Meteor City and its residents (kamikaze incident), and that the cliffhanger wasn't really a cliffhanger (I think it would be better to end it when Kurapika finds out the Spiders are alive). Though on second thought, the ending kinda works too because the audience is gonna wonder about Hisoka's motives. But overall, good job MH!

3. So what was this tape in the flashback? Your guesses =D
    Knowing Togashi, then we're just as likely going to find out about the tape as much as we're going to find out about Hanzo's scrolls, or Senritsu's demonic music thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    What I did like was the interactions, Killua, Gon, and Leorio meeting with Kurapika. The scene where Gon and Killua were having the eating contest and then Gon spit in Killua's face was hilarious. Hey, I can be immature, right?
    Ditto. My favorite scenes were the food fight and the talk between Zepile and Leorio. I just love the interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    What I did like was the look Killua gave Gon while he was subtely urging Kurapika to finish his revenge. I thought that was a nice touch to show how they can silently disagree about something so seriously.
    I liked the group interactions the most this episode. Though I didn't quite catch this. Didn't Gon also want Kurapika to finish his revenge, or was he mostly concerned about Kurapika finishing his end goal?
    I think Gon was mostly concerned about Kurapika's goal of getting all the eyes back. Killua is mostly worried that the Spiders will leave soon, and they (or rather Gon) needed the money. I like this little scene. I like how they all have different priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz View Post
    but uh, yeah, anyway. Finally decided to join, but most of you guys have read the manga or seen the original so i hope you guys don't just shrug off my opinions or whatever Maybe it'd be best if i kept quiet.... i don't know as much as you guys about the series.
    Am I too late to the welcoming party? Oh well, doesn't matter. Welcome! We'd love to have you, even if you aren't a manga reader - we don't mind! Well, I guess I should just warn you to tread carefully... there are lots of spoilers in the other threads after all, unless you don't mind them spoilers. But anyway! Just keep giving your opinions, it's alright! I'm actually curious about what anime watchers think of the episodes compared to those who have already read the manga/watched the first adaptation, since you guys are seeing things with fresh eyes while the rest can't help but compare MH's work to everything else lol. Not that any of it is a bad thing; more perspectives means more ways of looking at things. And hey, if you're enjoying the anime then I guess MH is doing a good job at keeping the audience happy!

Oh my. I've blabbered on again. orz

I really wish they didn't omit that part. I don't know, it just sealed the deal for me about how dangerous Meteor City is. And it just feels like the sense of danger around Meteor City is being downplayed by omitting the kamikaze incident. I always saw the massacre for Uvo as a Troupe thing rather than a Meteor City thing, even though they are essentially the same. Which reminds me, not everyone is from Meteor City, correct? I'm pretty sure Chrollo is, but I don't know about the rest.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    I really wish they didn't omit that part. I don't know, it just sealed the deal for me about how dangerous Meteor City is. And it just feels like the sense of danger around Meteor City is being downplayed by omitting the kamikaze incident. I always saw the massacre for Uvo as a Troupe thing rather than a Meteor City thing, even though they are essentially the same. Which reminds me, not everyone is from Meteor City, correct? I'm pretty sure Chrollo is, but I don't know about the rest.
    The original Meteor City members:

- Chrollo
    - Uvogin
    - Nobunaga
    - Pakunoda
    - Franklin
    - Machi
    - Feitan
    - Phinks
    - Shalnark

The same as the ones participated in the requiem attack with the addition of Shizuku and excluding Uvo who was dead and Nobunaga who stayed behind.

Shizuku might be from Meteor City as well because they didn't find any info about her.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lazyfiend View Post
    Hi guys, long time lurker, manga reader.
    It's really cool how they decided that Hisoka's fortune "change" is a cliffhanger. Anime only people are going to feel like watching something like Death Note next week.

@Akia999 I think they mentioned that mafia supplies Meteor City with weapons so that they can get bodyguards/disposabe mooks for free or at a discount. I am betting Injyuu to be from Meteor City if the Anime is followed. Of course, it contradicts with the "everyone is family" in Meteor City, but i really doubt that everyone are friends there.
    Welcome! If any question arise, don't hesitate and ask me trough PM.

And well, I was thinking that Nobunaga look was a better cliffhanger than Kurapika knowing about the spiders, since watchers already knew about the fake bodies and don't have any idea why Hisoka does what He does. And He's so freaking awesome.

And well, not so sure. Ahead in the manga there is a particular chapter about Meteor City that lead me to some questions. We will see.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a question -

It is just a small minor detail, but it really caught my interest:

In the Madhouse adaption on Crunchyroll, the line form Hisoka's prophecy in reference to Chrollo refers to him as "a man bearing St. Peter's cross."

In the Nippon adaptation, Chrollo is refered to as "a man who revolts against the cross".

Which one of these is closer to the original, or how is he referred to in Togashi's original writing.

I am really interested in the Troupe as residents of Meteor City, and on representations of religion within it, within them, and within the world of HxH as a whole. Whether Chrollo is a man who bears Saint Peter's cross or a man who revolts against the cross could tell a lot about his character in relation to the question of religion.

Thanks.

- - - - - - -

Also, I loved this episode in the Madhouse adaptation. In my opinion, with the construction of atmosphere and tension in the Troupe scenes, it is one of the best episodes of the anime series, even without any action. I agree with lazyfiend in that it felt very much like a Death Note episode. I definitely got that kind of a vibe, with Hisoka as Light and Chrollo as L.

I loved the final shot of Chrollo. His incredibly patient, waiting demeanor contrasting so perfectly Nobunaga's earnest rise to action - it makes him look so powerful.

And, in praise of Togashi as a writer, I love how, even against that confident power, and even amidst all the powerful characters of the Phantom Troupe, Hisoka can still come across as frightening.
    Last edited by EverEndingStory; November 05, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EverEndingStory View Post
    I have a question -

It is just a small minor detail, but it really caught my interest:

In the Madhouse adaption on Crunchyroll, the line form Hisoka's prophecy in reference to Chrollo refers to him as "a man bearing St. Peter's cross."

In the Nippon adaptation, Chrollo is refered to as "a man who revolts against the cross".

Which one of these is closer to the original, or how is he referred to in Togashi's original writing.

I am really interested in the Troupe as residents of Meteor City, and on representations of religion within it, within them, and within the world of HxH as a whole. Whether Chrollo is a man who bears Saint Peter's cross or a man who revolts against the cross could tell a lot about his character in relation to the question of religion.

Thanks.
    That's why I noted about the fansubs and how they wont be guaranteed to be accurate. After all, I think it's the same subs that said Netero is Wing's teacher even though that's wrong.(They use the same font)

St. Peter's cross is the reversed cross that we see at Chrollo's coat. The reversed cross is associated with devil worshipers or the Satanists. Also, if you remember when Chrollo and Uvo were discussing the possibility of a Judas among the troupe, Chrollo said he doesn't see Judas as a traitor. Maybe that gives us a hint on the matter.

Thread Closed
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast