Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Yeah, I thought the pacing of the episode was pretty quick, but I still enjoyed the episode, Zepile seems like such a cool character, so If they slowed down the pace a bit in this episode I wouldn't have minded, I think Mr Sticky has a point this time.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    I literally just registered on this website because I had to tell you that your argument was terrible. The example you gave and the example you quoted were completely different
    Hi welcome to the forum!

Matter of opinion. More than just a "speck" was taken out of this episode. Practically an entire chapter was taken out if you add it all up.
    But people are fine with it because it's not about the stupid Phantom Troupe or stupid Kurapika. If it was then people would probably
    give up on the series or something. I actually want ALL of the manga left in. At the very least I don't want these mad rushes to
    get to the next stupid Phantom Troupe scene.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    Yeah, I thought the pacing of the episode was pretty quick, but I still enjoyed the episode, Zepile seems like such a cool character, so If they slowed down the pace a bit in this episode I wouldn't have minded, I think Mr Sticky has a point this time.
    This time? I always have a point!

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really disappointed madhouse didn't show Gon pawning his license, lot's of stuff was moved around or cut out completely.... ugh... but I can't say I wasn't expecting this to happen. I don't feel like bitching about the episode right now since i'm fucking tired lol. The few things I liked about the episode. Zepile is a badass, and his analysis on Gon.

rating 6.5/10 Probably my least favorite episode... next to the horrid gate opening scene in the Zoldyck arc.
    Last edited by Netero; September 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

He did pawn his license :/

And welcome new users. Any question ask me. Enjoy the site and all the stuff to welcome someone.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah thankfully they kept Zepile's analysis. I was worried it might be something like

Zepile "Gon is a curious..."

PHANTOM TROUPE GOTTA RUN! LATER AUCTION DUDE!

Sigh.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    He did pawn his license :/

And welcome new users. Any question ask me. Enjoy the site and all the stuff to welcome someone.
    But they didn't SHOW it. I was really looking forward to seeing Gon hand his license over and then he has that GAR smile that's just like
    100 mil in a month---No problem! The 99 kept the scene in...But the smile just wasn't as GAR as the manga was. Not to me at least.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually like how madhouse handles Hunter x Hunter but this episode just didn't live up to the manga IMHO.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness I own volume 10.

Oh and I just got Volume 28 today...Epicness. Pure. Epicness.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ HxH volume 28 is my favorite volume

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that sucks about this episode is that it has a "the end justify the means" approach to it.
    As if Madhouse is saying "so what if skip and condense scenes. It's not like it changes the outcome."
    But then we don't get to experience the journey. And for me at least it's that journey that makes
    these scenes in the manga actually FUN. Otherwise it's just a boring ol' Antiques Roadshow episode.

I'm sad we didn't get Gon's hilariously epic or rather epically hilarious line of "It still looks like chicken scratch to me." comment on the art piece.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    ^ HxH volume 28 is my favorite volume
    Gee...I wonder why

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

I actually want ALL of the manga left in. At the very least I don't want these mad rushes to
    get to the next stupid Phantom Troupe scene.

Hate to say it but you're not going to get a panel by panel adaptation, while it sounds cool and what should be done, in execution it would be pretty bad compared to Madhouse's current series.

Not that your points aren't valid but did you really want 2 weeks of Zepile? When people were introduced to him in the manga, they had to read and wait 4 weeks of this which while I love Zepile as a character, it kind of dragged on. This episode streamlines and highlighted the best parts of the 4 chapters Zepile was introduced in the manga while giving his spotlight and making him look cool still.

It kind of irritates me when people say this episode was bad just because it condenses/rearranges the way it was presented or it didn't follow the manga panel for panel. I find Madhouse's changes different from the 99 cuts/edits because Nippons changes altered how the audience perceived characters/situations while Madhouse's give the same or close message that the manga does

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Noonealive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually enjoyed the episode. Zepile still came off as a badass IMO. Atleast when people read the manga they'll get more out of it than just watching the anime. I'm not let down in any way...The episode was still enjoyable.

19. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to say it but you're not going to get a panel by panel adaptation, while it sounds cool and what should be done, in execution it would be pretty bad compared to Madhouse's current series.

Not that your points aren't valid but did you really want 2 weeks of Zepile? When people were introduced to him in the manga, they had to read and wait 4 weeks of this which while I love Zepile as a character, it kind of dragged on. This episode streamlines and highlighted the best parts of the 4 chapters Zepile was introduced in the manga while giving his spotlight and making him look cool still.

It kind of irritates me when people say this episode was bad just because it condenses/rearranges the way it was presented or it didn't follow the manga panel for panel. I find Madhouse's changes different from the 99 cuts/edits because Nippons changes altered how the audience perceived characters/situations while Madhouse's give the same or close message that the manga does
    Been reading through these posts for a while and I've got to say that this one makes the most sense.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, i did.
    Come on, we got 2 dragged episodes on Kurapika's team with useless introduction filler for characters like Baise, and now that it's Gon/Killua/Leorio time, yeah let's just rush it. Nah, i can't buy it.
    Zepile's role in this arc is way more important than characters like Baise, Basho, etc ..., i don't think that more than 1 episode for his introduction is too much asking.
    Quote Quote:
    It kind of irritates me when people say this episode was bad just because it condenses/rearranges the way it was presented or it didn't follow the manga panel for panel. I find Madhouse's changes different from the 99 cuts/edits because Nippons changes altered how the audience perceived characters/situations while Madhouse's give the same or close message that the manga does.
    Yeah, sure. Madhouse changes doesn't affect the way the audience perceived Leorio at all. It's not like he's USELESS in this version.

22. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True we won't. Actually I say it would be BETTER than what Madhouse has given us.

Actually yes I did want two weeks of Zepile. I can wait for the next spiders craze.
    Normally I would agree about Madhouse vs Nippon but this time Nippon was MUCH
    more on the ball with getting the episode right.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    Yes, i did.
    Come on, we got 2 dragged episodes on Kurapika's team with useless introduction filler for characters like Baise, and now that it's Gon/Killua/Leorio time, yeah let's just rush it. Nah, i can't buy it.
    Zepile's role in this arc is way more important than characters like Baise, Basho, etc ..., i don't think that more than 1 episode for his introduction is too much asking.

Yeah, sure. Madhouse changes doesn't affect the way the audience perceived Leorio at all. It's not like he's USELESS in this version.
    Agreed. I didn't mind the filler as much when I first saw it but that was when I thought it was going to be in addition to not replacing the canon.
    Last edited by Uriel; September 23, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

basically to each their own. I just saw the ep and enjoyed it. I was a bit taken back by the changes like getting rid of the actual auction part, its definitely better in the original anime adaptation, but I thought this still got across the character and relationships well. Mostly I just wish the appraiser auction thing was included, just give us a scene cut, or honestly for me, more importantly, Killua telling Gon about Silva's run in with the Spiders (granted, you find out Silva fights them eventually...so maybe its not that important?) I can't say a new viewer would care much, this episode is still good, its just very condensed.

7.5/10 (would be 9 if we the missing scenes), still good to me and well edited (well edited with the goal of rushing through these chapters while still carrying across the message and impact of it)
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast