Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Jesus, that poster is awesome!

Spoiler show

I hope they release a higher-res version of this poster. I'd loved to have as my computer background, but currently it's a little blury on my screen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Absolutely loved the episode this week!

- Pairo appears from the get-go.....right when we were debating about Kurapika's past being in the anime. Doesn't look alternate universe-y to me.
    - So I guess chaining Gon and Killua to the wall was just for show. Make them look all evil and stuff you know?
    - I'm still loving how they animate these small bursts of speed they give the characters. The amazing stuff they do actually seems to scale now.
    - Hisoka that poor tortured murdering pedo clown
    - Chocobots: the Pikachu of HxH
    - WOAH. Killua's not wearing any purple *mind blown*
    - Even Phinx kind of redeemed himself in the end for me. Great job drawing out his little bit of character development, MH.
    - I thought it was brilliant to show what Gon and Killua said to Paku as the very last scene along with that touching music. I guess that's one spot they didn't mess it up.
    - PREVIEW: Milluki who?

Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    That is true. Let's wait and see if "their time" will come. I just hope Hiroshi Kōjina didn't think he already gave a climax to each character. Well, he actually might, because in my view he already made quite a number of empty promises about the anime. He said at the beginning that "the real Hunter x Hunter begins from the Zoldyck Family arc onwards", but only to allege subsequently that "things will get interesting from the Ryodan arc onwards". I highly suspect that he will again say something similar at about this time as the (spoilers) GI arc is starting (/spoilers).
    It's Togashi who writes the storyline. Having anti-climatic endings that foreshadow a future and much bigger one is part of good writing of a long running series. Hiroshi isn't willing to supremely warp it for the sake of bringing drama unlike someone we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    Also Hisoka's priceless wtf face was kept in the anime xD
    That needs to become an emoticon.
    Last edited by Riruru; December 09, 2012 at 01:28 AM.

3. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was RIDICULOUSLY amazing ! That's all I have to type

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Yaaa, can't wait! Gonna watch ep 58 later tonight, but want to right now

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

The episode was just awesome.
    First of all, I was really suprised to see ch120 included in the episode. I don't even know if that was a good addition. It would be enough just with the end of September the Fourth part. I guess, GI becomes even shorter now, ~20 episodes huh?
    The end of the Spiders' arc was great; tho I thought Chrollo's "East" shot wasn't that epic. The hostage exchange made a big impact here unlike manga. I loved the emphasizing of the difference in their positions; with Gon greeting Leorio and Chrollo calmly passing by. The epic Hisoka face (definitely should be made into an emoticon lol) was included. And Pakunoda's death was really sad.
    11/10. The best ep yet imo.
    Tho it's strange we didn't have a new ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    - Pairo appears from the get-go.....right when we were debating about Kurapika's past being in the anime. Doesn't look alternate universe-y to me.
    He appeared in manga here as well. That doesn't mean that the events in this universe are the same as in the One-Shot. Then again, there's no need to change Kurapika's past as it doesn't really affect anything. We will see when the movie comes.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

so sad but did anyone else like the drama on how Paku died on the 1999 version? I really like how after she fired the bullets she had a moment of peace before it was taken away upon hearing the chains crawl up on her. Still, it was a great episode!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was awesome, and I couldn't stop laughing when Gon and Killua went to the auction and ran into Feitan and Phinks, It was so random, lol.

but I was really excited, almost thought I was going to see Hisoka vs Chrollo.

And guys, I don't think you have to put spoilers on posters related to the 2011 anime, and I also think it would be fine if you discussed the characters looks as well, just nothing major or too far away, and I know your cautious, but I like to hear some of things you guys have to say.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good episode 8/10

Somehow I'm kinda feeling that things just goes by so fast and we (I meant I) don't have the time to digest it. I'm missing the emotional aspect of the ova. The former version sure made a big deal out of everything, sometimes being overly too emotional (99 version especially) or cathartic-esque. This one feels like a normal walk in a park walking your dog imo. So far that's my only complaint. It lacks that emotion. That emotion when you see the chains about to kill Pakunoda in the ova. This version goes like bang, bang, bang, she's dead.. Then unto Greed Island. Don't mistake me though. The story is pretty much the same and this is a solid rendition in itself.

Also, episode also made me think about the original prophecy. Originally, I thought for a long time that the spiders lost half its limbs in a battle with Kurapika and company. But it seems to hint that the troupe member killed each other. The confirmed victims was Shizuku, Pakunoda (save the boss side) and Shalnark (kill Kurapika side). Minus Ubo and Hisoka, we have an unknown who will die. Feitan and Phinx both didn't had sufficient data to ascertain their fortune.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Beans's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was one of the best episodes of the series for me. me
    I liked Hisoka's wtf face, it was awesome.
    R.I.P Paku..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I always felt bad about Paku's death.
    Anyway an other awesome episode and Hisoka's WTF face was simply priceless.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Goodbye York New, welcome Greed Island...
    That was fast...... its just so fast!!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Random: But does anybody have any renders of 2011 Gon? I'm into that GFX stuff.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

What an episode. I liked the way they showed Paku's last moments and the tension of the negotiations. Also, Hisoka's poker-face, Kuroro's "to East, huh" and the final moments of the episode really made it for me. Couldn't be more happy with an Yorkshin's adaptation, and now...
    GREEEEEEEEEEED ISLAAAAAANNND!!!
    Finally, one of the best arcs of the manga for me is right about to start! Oooh, the joy, the joooyy...!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackListHunter's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The last part of this episode really gave me a feeling, similar to most of the endings in Yu Yu Hakusho

20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Pakunoda's death definitely impacted me, I actually got a little teary eyed after she shot her memory bomb.
    It was her meowing at the cat that did it for me. RIP Paku.

I effing LOVE Hisoka's WTF face. They took that right out of the manga.

I wasn't crazy about the choice of music at the beginning of the episode, but it got a lot better at the end. This was a very fitting end to the arc, and the episode did a good job wrapping things up. I adore the end of this episode, and although I haven't been crazy about some of the characterization of the spiders, when it's imperative these characters make an impression on you, MH delivers. Phinx and Feitan's interaction with the boys at the end was absolutely flawless, and even though Phinx has been an asshat for the last 2 or 3 episodes, the moment he understood Paku, he became a much more likeable character. Just like MH did excellent work with Nobu, they did an excellent job with Phinx as well.

Bring on the next arc! I wonder if they're going to keep the huncyclopedia. They haven't done Killua or Leorio yet. And any news on the new ending? Is that coming up next episode? It would make sense.

I guess we're finally seeing Milluki. Haha.

There were a ton of casualties in Yorknew. RIP everyone... This is only the beginning...

22. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast