Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

59: Bidding and impatience. I think... Or rather hope, that the episode would end with
    Spoiler show
    That is ch. 121- first half of 124. 3.5 chapters or exactly 50 pages.
    60: Sth like "the Rules and the Start". Probably it'll cover at least up to 127. That's about 3.5ch with 50 pages as well.
    Then we have some holiday... Maybe holiday specials, not sure so don't get your hopes up.
    61: "Invitation and A Close Friend". Obviously, at least mid-131. I hope, that'll be the ending with
    Spoiler show
    ~54 pages.
    Not that 3.5 ch/ep is bad, but they should leave some extra material for when the action starts. Otherwise it'll be very dragging when the time comes.
    Now we have ~65 chapters till the end of GI. Going with this pace that's gonna be about 19 episodes; and considering that there's gonna be some action, I'd guess about 17-18. That's too fast if you ask me =O

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

On the whole, will/when will Hunter x Hunter get licensed debate. I really wanna see FUNimation license it, seeing as they have Yu Yu Hakusho AND Level E. All they'd need is Hunter x Hunter and they'd have a full Togashi set (if you don't count Sailor Moon) but i see it as unlikely for them. FUNimation hates Crunchyroll and almost never licenses shows they have. Fairy Tail was one exception due to fan demand, and FUNimation even told fans multiple times they weren't interested in Fairy Tail but the fans kept nagging them so they licensed it with the intention of dropping it soon after but it sold better than expected. Now, you would think with Yu Yu Hakusho being a veteran title for them, they'd jump at the chance to get another series by Togashi. Sadly, this isn't the case. FUNi treats YYH pretty poorly, when FUNi was asked about the Yu Yu Hakusho Poltergeist Report movie they said it's not really a top priority, thus suggesting, they don't really care much about Yu Yu Hakusho anymore even though it makes money. On top of that, FUNi has alot of ongoing long runners on their plate right now, and fans get upset when you don't finish something, so in the future it's likely going to hurt FUNi's name. They have Fairy Tail (ongoing), Toriko (ongoing) One Piece (ongoing with no end in sight), DBZ Kai (Buu saga was recently announced), SGT. Frog (they've probably dropped this by now), Shin Chan (i never thought they'd finish this and it doesn't look like they will either), and Case Closed (they flat out said they were done with this series, but they're still interested in the movies). Hunter x Hunter would just be another long running shounen that'd dig them in an even deeper hole than they already are. Sailor Moon has proved it's a money maker time and time again, and people have been begging FUNi to get this for years now and they STILL haven't grabbed it up. With the announcement of the Sailor Moon remake that makes it even less likely they'll get it. So, if they passed on licensing a known money maker, i doubt they'd be in any rush to go and get a remake of a series that's already flopped for their competition (VIZ). However, i still really wish they'd license it because it'd add to their Togashi collection, AND, we'd get a dub for it, AND, we'd get cheap and affordable DVD/Blu-Rays, AND, we'd get season sets of the series much quicker than we would with any other company. Honestly, FUNi IS the only company i'd wanna see license Hunter x Hunter but FUNi has been in a ecchi complex for quite a while now, and wants to only license a bunch of boobie animes. Then theirs VIZ, who usually never finish long runners not named Naruto or Bleach. Plus, they didn't even get the OVAs of the first series, but i have heard they've been getting demand for the remake. Then theres Aniplex. Please, no. Aniplex would charge 80 bucks for 13 episodes probably. Then theres Sentai, who doesn't dub long runners, and even with sub only long runners they've dropped them all. Those are pretty much the Anime licensing giants right now, as most everybody else is dying soooooooooooo but HEY there IS a bright side. Fairy Tail wasn't announced for a licensing till it was on episode 74. Hunter x Hunter is only on 59. It's suuuper early for a license-ship to even begin being discussed, so theirs still hope. Let's give it another 50 episodes.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess for the 62+:
    Spoiler show

So the Chimera Ants should start by May ^^

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^

The anime is going through the manga pretty quickly.

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

The number of chapters in each arc (from Hunterpedia):

Spoiler show

The Ant arc doubles the G.I one.
    Last edited by Kazna; December 11, 2012 at 01:49 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    ^

The anime is going through the manga pretty quickly.

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Edit: well, Kazna posted it just before me. Anyway, I'll leave this here...
    Last edited by Salce; December 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Then the transitions were also crude, and the music was just boxing my ears every change they did.
    Some scenes were awesome, specially the Hisoka-Kuroro interaction and the Phinxs in the end. But the rest was meh. I can say that I liked way more that "grim" feeling of the chains moving on the Nippon version which made it more anxious for the watcher to see.
    Glad to know I wasn't the only one who felt that way. I would've preferred if MH took their time on wrapping up the arc, but Togashi's anti-climatic endings are a staple of his works. For some reason, the episode was better when I saw it a second time if that makes any sense.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Chimera Ants are twice as long as GI but... The chapter are much less informative. So if GI will be 18 episodes, I think it would be no surprise to see Chimera Ants covered in like... 30 episodes? O_O

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

biskes ........ Chisa Yokoyama

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Chimera Ants are twice as long as GI but... The chapter are much less informative. So if GI will be 18 episodes, I think it would be no surprise to see Chimera Ants covered in like... 30 episodes? O_O
    No way will Greed Island be 18 episodes. The pacing will slow down now I guarantee.
    Greed Island chapters are far more substantial, they may speed up the 'getting to' Greed Island part, but once we are there, I expect at least 30 episodes of Greed Island.
    Chimera Ants arc I expect no less than 60 episodes. Election arc will be a nice smooth 10 episodes.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

=/ I've never said this but 57/58 the pacing of the mini arc and violence edit is why I frown upon Madhouse version of HxH. They broke my heart so many scenes that were suppose have depth and a feel of seriousness was simply rushed through you couldn't get a real grip on the situation....Poorly done if you ask me very poorly done......Pre-HxH anime was better just dragged out at moments which Madhouse fast paced makes me understand why it was.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I watched it again at better quality and my annoyance was lesser. Although it's true that they cut out a lot of scenes.
    I really think they did it so that Paku's flashback would be the last scene. The result was that the ending was awesome while the other 15 or so minutes of the episode were nothing short of rushed. It's sad, when you also consider that MH may not want to drag the series too long since every episode is movie quality animated after all.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WE'RE GONNA SEE THE ROCK! WE'RE GONNA SEE THE ROCK!

TBH While I enjoyed it I never shared many people's feelings on greed island as being my favorite arc, it never really felt like a game to me and some of the damn text walls were just annoying to read (it wasn't on medaka box level though, thank god) I was mostly interested in Gon and Killua's training, though I assume madhouse will make me like this arc better, since I certianly like york shin a fair amount more than I used to.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    No way will Greed Island be 18 episodes. The pacing will slow down now I guarantee.
    Greed Island chapters are far more substantial, they may speed up the 'getting to' Greed Island part, but once we are there, I expect at least 30 episodes of Greed Island.
    Chimera Ants arc I expect no less than 60 episodes. Election arc will be a nice smooth 10 episodes.
    I don't see that happening. 30 episodes is way too many. Though I agree that 18 is too few.
    Rereading GI I noticed that some chapters are even shorter than 15 pages, bringing an average down to 14. With 64.5 chapters left till the meeting, it's ~900 pages. Don't forget that some pages may have just 1-2 frames like in action scenes. So maybe a 50pg/ep pace is not too crazy. And Chimera Ants' chapters are even shorter information-wise. The 133 chapters (plus ~6 pages of a flashback) have the same page count average as GI, but the pages have much less frames and speaking. If they want to keep an episode interesting, a wise thing would be to cover about 60 pages (the beginning goes wel with 50pg/ep, but then it's all action, so the pace has to double). That sums up to 32 episodes.
    No point thinking about it now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    I really think they did it so that Paku's flashback would be the last scene. The result was that the ending was awesome while the other 15 or so minutes of the episode were nothing short of rushed. It's sad, when you also consider that MH may not want to drag the series too long since every episode is movie quality animated after all.
    Imo, the episode would end better without this conclusion. I've just wanted the next one to have a flashback in the beginning as a rememberance to the recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    WE'RE GONNA SEE THE ROCK! WE'RE GONNA SEE THE ROCK!

TBH While I enjoyed it I never shared many people's feelings on greed island as being my favorite arc, it never really felt like a game to me and some of the damn text walls were just annoying to read (it wasn't on medaka box level though, thank god) I was mostly interested in Gon and Killua's training, though I assume madhouse will make me like this arc better, since I certianly like york shin a fair amount more than I used to.
    Personally my reason to love this arc was the game itself. It had a nice system and some great plot twists were connected with cards(f.e. the Lucky Alexandrite - dunno why I loved this scene that much).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

wooh! Shinobi's comparison today! Was a long wait but worth it

Thread Closed
Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast