Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

gifs from PV....
    Spoiler show

2. Like 10 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Gon/Paku and Killua/Phinks scenes look really well done. I think we'll have some really good animation for this part of the episode.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching it now. Not sure how I feel...I mean as many have said, it's still leagues better than 1999's but I prefer them to stick as close to the manga as possible. I also kinda liked Zepile's old voice as well. Honestly I find Kurapika uninteresting, (but I love the spiders...go figure.) So I would have preferred that they take their time to adapt these chapters. I agree with Sticky as I have several times in the forum, though I don't think bitching for an entire week is a productive way to spend time. :-P

At most this episode gets a 7. MH did a good job of touching on major parts of the episode, and Zepile was well represented, but in fairness I can't give this a high score when I've been arguing that 1999 didn't stick to the manga as well as they could have. 2011 really should have hit the breaks a little bit and taken their time with this episode. I understand why they didn't, but I really wish they had.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    There is no excuse for MH rushing this part. At least, for Nippon Animation, i can imagine that they rush it because of their dead line, but what is Madhouse's excuse (i don't buy the majority crap. Majority wanted the Sushi exam part, and there wasn't).
    Well HxH 2011 was still starting back then. And let's be honest, the Hunter Exam arc is not as popular as Yorkshin. So when you compare the sushi exam part to Zepile's episodes, I think that the latter would put more weight on what the majority wants given that: a) Yorkshin is more popular and a lot more people are watching this arc now than when HxH 2011 was still starting out (probably); b) the Hunter Exam arc didn't have to split focus amongst the four main characters, whereas Yorkshin was more Kurapika-centered and Gon's story was pushed to the sidelines; c) Yorkshin has more action and more characters that would make the recent episodes seem 'boring' to some.

So I do think what the majority expects does count; it's just that it wasn't as important during the first arc as it is in this arc. Just my two cents.

Quote Quote:
    I think, this was unnoticed cause well, in this version Killua didn't precise the price.
    Manga make much more sense :
    - Gon notice some stuff
    - Killua "oh... Could it be ...? " Leorio, since you're good at trading, get it.
    - Haha, got it for 300 jenis.
    - Killua : "Yeah, like i thought" .... story .... We can sell this shit for at least 5 million.
    I was waiting for something like this. Too bad they didn't show it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    2011 really should have hit the breaks a little bit and taken their time with this episode. I understand why they didn't, but I really wish they had.
    This is pretty much what we're arguing here, I think. We can understand why they did it; doesn't mean we have to like it, or that we have to prefer what Madhouse did.

Like I said in the VS thread, MH seems to have a problem with balance. And music direction, but we already know that.

I wish they spent more time showing Zepile like they did with the Nostrade employees. I mean, I know he will still show up, but he'll probably be overshadowed by the other characters.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; September 23, 2012 at 08:48 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    12 posts moved, 2 deleted and 1 merged. Now the whole discussion is chopped. >.<

For being a lazy mod, you surely make me work guys. Remember that ANY comparison should be on the comparison thread.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, I don't think MH has a problem with balance. People are making it sound as if they're just ripping entire chapters with the other characters out and replacing them with more spider exposure. Yes they are padding the spiders out more in this version, and yes they are omitting some of the Gon-Killua-Leorio interaction in favor of more time with them. I'm not defending them for this either cause as I said I actually find Kurapika to be the least interesting out of the four leads. (I'm probably the only one who was really depressed when the movie was revealed to be about him...) So all this focus on him isn't sunshine and flowers for me either. That being said, it's not as if the manga had a ton of focus on Gon and Killua either, and as I've said before the arc isn't over yet.

1999 may have had more focus on the events in the manga, but it was obvious they didn't feel it was important either seeing as the storyboard and art direction were pretty damn shitty. While yes it is true they included it, it seemed more like it was a 'aww, we have to put THIS in too?' type thing. Though the fact is they DID include it, which does give them more clout in this instance. To me though, that's almost as bad as not including it. Almost. in any case the best parts of the arc are coming up, and in all fairness I think we should save our judgement for those. Both companies have to keep in mind that while Togashi can get away with this sort of thing on paper, shounen anime are for well...shounen. Slow parts like these could be the death of a show if they drag on.

I for one liked baldy being in the shop. It's a weird change but an interesting one. I mean c'mon, we didn't even get his name in the original! While I'm all for adapting the manga as it is, it's not like he was a protagonist that got shafted. Though I kind of liked Zepile's old voice....if you listen closely you can kind of hear 1999 Wing when he talks. (They have the same VA BTW.)

Music placement wasn't terrible this week either. Average, but not terrible. I liked some of the choices in this episode over the 1999 one.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, even though it was abbreviated, I still enjoyed the episode because it was so fun. Seeing Gon and Killua explore a new world is really amusing.

Now, as for the next episode, I'm loving the characters' facial expressions. Especially Gon's.
    Also Machi with her hair down is so .

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw those posts in differents forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz
    Anybody mind telling me why the F#%@ Gon threw away his hunter license like it was nothing?!?!? I'm sorry, i just CANNOT get over that! 20 episodes of Hunter x Hunter gone to waste in just a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by 27CansOfTuna
    This episode was so awesome ... And did Gon really give away his hunter license, how can he still be a hunter?!

For some reason, I'm honestly way more interested in the whole Greed Island plot than this Phantom Troupe. It just seems way more intriguing at this point in time and like they are slowly continuing to build up so much suspense regarding what it truly is. Are we close to getting to that arc?
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNiOP
    But what was that little bit at the beginning of the episode? Gon sold his Hunter License? What the fuck? He does still need that to do Hunter stuff, doesn't he? He is most definitely the main character of a series called Hunter x Hunter, so how could that work?

MH should have at least adapted this page
    Spoiler show

Pfff, what is done is done. Next episodes better be awesome. It's the beginning of the most interesting part of this arc for me.
    Last edited by bobop; September 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

14. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to Shinobi's comparisons.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 27CansOfTuna
    For some reason, I'm honestly way more interested in the whole Greed Island plot than this Phantom Troupe. It just seems way more intriguing at this point in time and like they are slowly continuing to build up so much suspense regarding what it truly is. Are we close to getting to that arc?
    See? SEE!? There are more of us! =D

And yeah, I actually found it obvious, but that's probably because I've read the manga. They really should have explained this part better.
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; September 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Limit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally caught up to the new anime, now I can join in on the awesome discussions. Seriously, this forum probably has the best HxH anime discussions.

So I enjoyed this episode, I love these info episodes. You know, when they world build and give you all this info to digest, all the stuff about Zepile is interesting. Appraising is a big thing when it comes to Zepile huh? Honestly I felt like Gon when I was watching it, just utterly intrigued by it and curious too. I want more Zepile! lol

As for all the cutting out, I wish they didn't cut out the part when Gon was pawning his license. I read this arc in the manga YEARS ago, so I only really remember the big parts so it doesn't really bother me when they cut out stuff but in this one it honestly didn't make sense in MH's version (unless I missed something). In this episode it seemed like Gon sold his license instead of getting a loan and giving the license as collateral.

Overall this episode is a 7.5-8/10.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after the last episode it was a given that this one would be (way) worse. It was an okay episode. I have to say that I don't remember the manga events sooo well so that's why I probably miss some little changes here and there

And I finally found a great Kurapika vs. Uvogin AMV

please enlight me with your opinion mrsticky~

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    Pfff, what is done is done. Next episodes better be awesome. It's the beginning of the most interesting part of this arc for me.
    I'm probably one of the few people who didn't mind much about that. I mean Gon clearly said "pawned" and not "sold" so I don't see the big deal behind it =/ (even though I definitely wouldn't mind MH including that scene, it's just not something to get so agitated about in my opinion).

20. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really remember much of what was cut, but Gon pawning his Hunter's License is something that should have been shown. It really didn't seem like that big a deal in this episode compared to the manga.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    As for all the cutting out, I wish they didn't cut out the part when Gon was pawning his license. I read this arc in the manga YEARS ago, so I only really remember the big parts so it doesn't really bother me when they cut out stuff but in this one it honestly didn't make sense in MH's version (unless I missed something). In this episode it seemed like Gon sold his license instead of getting a loan and giving the license as collateral.

Overall this episode is a 7.5-8/10.
    This is my first time watching Hunter X Hunter and I was going crazy, thinking why did Gon sell his hunter license, and I thought maybe gon will track it down and steal it back or buy it back, but after reading what people said about the Loan, they really shouldnt have left that out, its confusing.

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    See? SEE!? There are more of us! =D

And yeah, I actually found it obvious, but that's probably because I've read the manga. They really should have explained this part better.
    We should band together and start a revolution---of griping!

Let's practice grumbling in unity! *grumble grumble grumble*

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast