Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

After getting sucked in by college and tumblr, I finally got caught up to the episodes. Haha, so that would explain why some of you get Thanks/Likes for posts over 20 pages ago. XD

Anyway, everyone already said what I wanted to say, really. I like how MH is bringing back that adventure spirit in HxH again. The OP and ED really help. I think this is the best OP sequence yet frankly, although I could just be saying that because I still can't get over how awesome it is. Departure fits GI arc a lot. And I was mildly surprised how different Reason is from the last two songs... but it fits, really. Even when they play the song towards the end scenes of each episode. I really like it.

Also, I just realized that I never tire of training scenes in HxH. I usually get bored with those sometimes, but HxH has yet to bore me. GI will be awesome. I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    This is the reason Killua is one of my favorite characters in Hunter and, well, ever. This kid has been tortured his whole life to become a master assassin, and instead of being emo about it, or dwelling on it even, he uses it as a strength. He's accepted his past. He's accepted he's killed many people. These are things he considers as facts. What you get here is someone who's using his training and tools, looking forward, and moving on to be a better person.

This is also one of the reasons I refuse to watch the 1999 version.
    Everything you said. Especially the last one. XD

Spoiler: NOT REALLY A SPOILER BUT IT MAKES THE POST LONG (ANIME-WATCHERS CAN READ): RANT ABOUT KILLUA show

I'm sorry. I just had a lot of feels.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm finally understanding Purhatto and Killua's dialogue better. It probably was a translation matter in the manga, but I couldn't get why the first and the last to come have the highest chance of passing.
    Same. I had to reread the chapter when I first read it, but the anime explained it better for me. Probably just the translation thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz View Post
    I wanna know why MADHOUSE is rushing. They know Togashi is lazy. They know the manga is on hiatus. Let they still skip stuff? Wouldn't it be wiser to include EVERYTHING to slow down the pace alittle? Idk
    I guess they care more about the quality. And in anime, at least for me, the pacing matters just as much as the content. And the music. You can take your time reading a manga, but you can't dawdle when it comes to anime/tv shows in general.

Well, think of it this way. It will get some watchers to read the manga to find out all the neat things they missed.

Long post is long. But hey, I haven't been here in a while, and you guys are probably used to long posts by now anyways. XD

Spoiler show

2. Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Spoiler show
    I'm looking forward to that scene LOL. It should be EPIC!!! And
    Spoiler show

OMG MH's already drawn her so baby-ish at this point of the anime, that's too bad

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazna View Post
    I'm looking forward to that scene LOL. It should be EPIC!!! And
    Spoiler show

OMG MH's already drawn her so baby-ish at this point of the anime, that's too bad
    I'll take her baby face over this

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: NOT REALLY A SPOILER BUT IT MAKES THE POST LONG (ANIME-WATCHERS CAN READ): RANT ABOUT KILLUA show
    Actually, that - or rather the lack of that - was one of the main reasons I hated the Nippon's adaptation.

Spoiler show
    Remembering how they handled similar scenes in Heavens' Arena... I can say for sure: MH won't fail this moment =3

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still on the marathon, just paused episode 32. I got to say as much as I love the 1999 version, Madhouse definitely has done an excellent job in retelling the story.

One of the things I love with this reboot is that its a bit more serious than comedic. I do enjoy the comedy from time to time but I think it works well with this approach. Sticking more with the manga is a big YAY!! Although, I was psyched when they gave Canary more screen time. She's awesome!!

Before I unpause, I like 'Departure'... yes, throw what ever you like at me but I do like it. The 1st version more than the 2nd one

UNPAUSE

10. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, that - or rather the lack of that - was one of the main reasons I hated the Nippon's adaptation.
    I think anyone who's favorite is not Kurapika AND read the manga prefer the 2011 version.

Quote Originally Posted by shnugin View Post
    I'm still on the marathon, just paused episode 32. I got to say as much as I love the 1999 version, Madhouse definitely has done an excellent job in retelling the story.

One of the things I love with this reboot is that its a bit more serious than comedic. I do enjoy the comedy from time to time but I think it works well with this approach. Sticking more with the manga is a big YAY!! Although, I was psyched when they gave Canary more screen time. She's awesome!!

Before I unpause, I like 'Departure'... yes, throw what ever you like at me but I do like it. The 1st version more than the 2nd one

UNPAUSE
    I'm glad you like Departure and really, I will love MH if they stick with it until the end. The lyrics and beat screams 'adventure' and frankly, it reflects Gon's disposition of being a boundless optimist.

Many says that Departure doesn't fit York New and CA arcs but well, adventuring doesn't always end in a happy note. That's the beauty of it (adventure), you don't know what will happen but it surely sucks if it ends/becomes bad.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

THIS. SO MUCH.

I don't have anything else to contribute, because it'd be things I've already mentioned a gazillion times. But, I know Togashi is in the business of deconstructing tropes, and Killua is no exception to this.

On a side note: I also hate it when people compare Killua to Hiei. Yeah, there are similarities. But other than being created by the same mangaka, having dark pasts, being quick, and possessing the highest kill count out of the protagonists, they really are too very different characters. (And Hiei is overrated, IMO)

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Welcome back! I hope college is going well.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; December 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shareme View Post
    Many says that Departure doesn't fit York New and CA arcs but well, adventuring doesn't always end in a happy note. That's the beauty of it (adventure), you don't know what will happen but it surely sucks if it ends/becomes bad.
    I personally love HxH's contrasting themes, and Departure/YS contrast was one of the examples. But I don't know if I want to see how it'll contrast with the CA arc and wouldn't that be too much.

(And Hiei is overrated, IMO)
    Totally agreed.
    He looks cool, but... That's it. He doesn't seem interesting enough to compare even to my least favourite Kurapika.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz View Post

Also, last thing. Does anybody have the picture of the Chimera Ant with the "You Can Smile Again" caption. I was laughing so hard from that but now i can't find it

OMFG I wanna see it xDDD
    Found it

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shareme View Post
    I'm glad you like Departure and really, I will love MH if they stick with it until the end. The lyrics and beat screams 'adventure' and frankly, it reflects Gon's disposition of being a boundless optimist.

You're starting to make me have second thoughts about my opinion on Departure. Or maybe the song has just grown on me so much.

Spoiler show

Welcome back! I hope college is going well.
    Daisuke Namikawa would undoubtedly do one hell of a job once we get there.

Thanks, and yes, college has been (surprisingly) going well for me. Well, so far at least. XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Same. I had to reread the chapter when I first read it, but the anime explained it better for me. Probably just the translation thing though.

I guess they care more about the quality. And in anime, at least for me, the pacing matters just as much as the content. And the music. You can take your time reading a manga, but you can't dawdle when it comes to anime/tv shows in general.

Well, think of it this way. It will get some watchers to read the manga to find out all the neat things they missed.
    Because it's so friggin' realistic isn't it? What they missed was an utterly implausible character that had a change of heart for utterly no reason. And there's no particular reason why he stepped away from assassination, beyond childhood rebellion, either.

What is Assassin Killua anyway? At first we were led to believe that he's a professional. Then we hear from a few snippets of conversation that he's like Hisoka. We see him butcher Jones with a v. lewd look on his face and subsequently, a reference to him in "normal mode". So he has something like a split personality and the other personality enjoys it, then? Then we witness from his interactions with the butlers and so on that he's a pretty normal kid. None of this is consistent. If you're making a point about how surprisingly different people are in different circumstances you have to communicate it in a convincing manner. So what the hell is he? Far as i'm concerned, Togashi got into several false starts. In the end, he used Killua's backstory for narrative purposes and just let the friendship between Gon & Killua carry itself. Which is fine after about 20 to 30 episodes. But before that, give the audience something they can understand at least, yeah?

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Because it's so friggin' realistic isn't it? What they missed was an utterly implausible character that had a change of heart for utterly no reason. And there's no particular reason why he stepped away from assassination, beyond childhood rebellion, either.
    Isn't that a good enough reason?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

The title of the 62 episode seems to be "Genjitsu to Genseki" which could be either "Reality and Gemstone" or "Reality and Original Domicile" o.o
    Either way, the main point of the episode will probably be the discovery made by Shalnark.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think childhood rebellion is a good enough reason. Killua is still a child.

Quote Quote:
    What is Assassin Killua anyway? At first we were led to believe that he's a professional. Then we hear from a few snippets of conversation that he's like Hisoka. We see him butcher Jones with a v. lewd look on his face and subsequently, a reference to him in "normal mode". So he has something like a split personality and the other personality enjoys it, then? Then we witness from his interactions with the butlers and so on that he's a pretty normal kid. None of this is consistent. If you're making a point about how surprisingly different people are in different circumstances you have to communicate it in a convincing manner. So what the hell is he? Far as i'm concerned, Togashi got into several false starts. In the end, he used Killua's backstory for narrative purposes and just let the friendship between Gon & Killua carry itself. Which is fine after about 20 to 30 episodes. But before that, give the audience something they can understand at least, yeah?
    The thing is, I don't think we were supposed to understand who Killua is until the end of the Hunter Exam arc and the mini-Zoldyck arc. True, we've seen lots of different tones of his character. He's a professional, he's capable, he has no qualms with killing, he's pretty normal around other people. You weren't supposed to know if you could trust Killua. He's like the unreliable ally early on. Only Gon really trusted him from the start; Kurapika and Leorio didn't until towards the end of the arc, because they see that there's more to Killua than just a killer.

To me, it's less that it's inconsistent and more that his characteristics don't mesh well together until you get to understand him, you know? He can function normally. But he can also kill, and there are times that he enjoys killing. But that's because he grew up killing people. That was his whole life before Gon. I don't think he was supposed to make sense in the first few episodes because Togashi's goal was to make you doubt whether Killua should be trusted. That's my take on it, anyway.

I don't think he sported a split personality except in the '99 adaptation.

24. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he sported a split personality, either. I see it more as an extension of his determination. He's faced with a situation where it's kill or be killed, so he naturally goes back to his training, and does things in a way that would be indicative of his training. "Assassin Killua" isn't a separate personality, but a state of mind he goes into when it's necessary for him to kill or intimidate his opponent. Either way, Killua's still Killua.

And as far as a Zoldyck goes, he's probably the one sibling who's the most mentally sound. That's probably one factor that went into naming him the heir of the business.

I think childhood rebellion is a good enough reason. The kid's 12 at the beginning of the story. In general, Killua loathes authority of any kind (not just towards his family). Plus, I think making a friend (his goal), and wanting to be with that person is a good enough reason to have a change of heart. And it's not something that happens overnight. His killer nature is prevalent in Hunter Exam, and in Heaven's Arena we see him struggle with it a little bit because he can't just go and kill Sadaso in his sleep.

Spoiler show

I agree with Cinnabar. At the beginning, he's supposed to be like an unreliable ally at first. Then he meets Gon, who saves him with Kurapika and Leorio, and that solidifies his resolve to change.

It's interesting that you mention at the beginning how Killua mentioned him and Hisoka are alike. Aside from his desire to kill people (not to the bloodthirsty extent as Hisoka), there are a lot of fundamental similarities between the two (i.e. both can be deceitful and liars), and I like that Togashi didn't forget about this.

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa. Welcome back, Cinnabar!

I'm kind of hoping for a filler arc so then we don't catch up too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by shnugin
    One of the things I love with this reboot is that its a bit more serious than comedic. I do enjoy the comedy from time to time but I think it works well with this approach.
    That's actually one of the first things I noticed. For me, I'm honestly fine with how either adaption handled the comedy. With Nippon's being more overly emphasized and set to make any passing watcher laugh, and Madhouse that goes for subtle quips that only rely on voice acting and essence for a chuckle from the audience.

He didn't step away from assassination. That's why he still killed during the hunter exam. It was pretty clear when Killua first appeared that he didn't have anywhere to go and only took the Hunter Exam out of boredom. That's pretty reminiscent of kids who run away from home not because they're actually going anywhere but just need a break from their family once in a while. That's why it's called running away. Even Killua wasn't taking it that seriously at first; he probably would've returned on his own if he hadn't met Gon. It is realistic, seeing as it happens everyday around the world.

Before Gon/Kurapika/Leorio came to pick him up at Kukuro Mountain, that's probably the mindset he'd been in the whole time.

I believe being "like Hisoka" was (aside from being the same Nen class) supposed to be a reference to that bit of a split personality that a lot of people assume Killua has. Hisoka isn't a mindless murderer. For the most part he refrains from hurting those weaker than him. Yet he can turn into one when he wants to be. But because these two sides don't contrast nearly as much as Killua's, people don't make a lot out of it.

28. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 82 of 134 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast