Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Just saw the episode. Man, something about it really gets me excited for what's to come in this arc. When Gon and Killua were just walking into the first town and they were introducing everything, it was deja vu yet got me jumping at the same time.

- I enjoyed the mood set from that scene just before the theme song. Eerie.
    - Liking this new color palette. It's gone back to being bright but not nearly as bright as during the Hunter Exam. You know, to drive the haters off.
    - Looks like they're making Killua twitchy again. Do they really have that much budget left over in the non-fighting episodes?
    - Now that's how you finish a giant bowl of spaghetti in 30 minutes. I remember watching the OVA and this one scene bothered me because the two were eating like dainty women.
    - If I hadn't already seen this arc once before, I would've been rewinding about 32 times. So much information.
    - The music during Gon and Killua's talk was annoying. But without it, there wouldn't have been that sudden silence during Killua's thoughts a second later, which I thought was perfect. So great job there. I still would've preferred if they muted it on Gon's "Thank you" though.
    - That shot of Killua smiling. Perfect adaption from the manga. At least for me. Props to Mariya Ise for her voice acting too.
    - Bisuke's new childish face really compliments her personality. Excited to see more of her. And her hands aren't freakishly-huge, thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I'm so making that my new sig.
    Last edited by Riruru; January 06, 2013 at 01:27 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the animation was fantastic in this episode (reminds me of the animation in episode 54). Killua's scenes were well done
    I'm liking the new soundtracks too.

Also,
    Spoiler show

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime has won some best of awards guys!!

Anime Say Awards Best of 2012:
    http://youtu.be/r0hxrtNebgg

Lost in Anime Best of 2012:
    http://www.lostinanime.com/2012/12/2...-top-10-1.html

Star Cross Anime Best of 2012:
    http://psgels.net/2012/12/29/2012-su...-16-tv-series/

(It got some honorable mentions and placed in top rankings for some)
    If you find anymore feel free to post!

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

6. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I WANT THAT BACKGROUND.

I squee'd like a rabid fangirl during the last couple minutes of the episode. I effing love bromances.

And dat assassin Killua.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; January 06, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Arigatou Uri-chan!

This was a great episode, Madhouse have already destroyed that pathetic OVA series in its entirety with just one episode.
    The animation, character designs, direction, new OST tracks, EVERYTHING, it's perfection.
    Thank you Madhouse, I love you.
    Fair trade since the 1999 series destroyed 2011's ep 1-60.

p.s. more than fair.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome start for 2013. I really love the music they decided to use when Gon points to the first town. I don't know, it just makes me feel like they're really inside a game. It's like those background music for RPGs. Or, well, that was how I perceived it anyway. Reason really fits GI. I expected the song to take longer to grow on me, but nope. I think it fits the arc perfectly now.

And of course, assassin Killua is always a treat to see. But what really stole the show was his friendship with Gon. I just love the dynamics between them. You can really tell how these two work with the little things they do. Mariya Ise and Megumi Han are amazing, as always. And lastly,

Spoiler show

Also, I have a question about the game. The number shows the transformation limit, right? So does that mean this card can only be used 30 times overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    - Looks like they're making Killua twitchy again. Do they really have that much budget left over in the non-fighting episodes?
    I guess so.

I notice that Killua is one of the most animated characters in the show. He probably has the widest range of emotions/expressions, and he really moves a lot on screen. Just look at the scene where he's talking to Gon. He walks around and you can really see his shoulders moving, and then he raises his arms up to his head, and he puts them in his pockets and you can really see the little movements there. And throughout the show he has these little gestures or expressions that you can tell were given some time for.

I know I've said this before, but I really like this contrast between Gon and Killua. I find Killua a quieter character, but more expressive, whereas Gon's character is loud, but sometimes a bit more subtle. If that makes sense to you.

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the card descriptions went over my head, if I was a first time viewer I might be tempted to go back and pause on them all. I have to assume from a directing standpoint that means the descriptions aren't that important until a character is using them, I hate having to read extra in a subtitled show. Just a minor pet peeve, but so far its being handled well and it was a good episode. They got through 4 chapters, I can't believe that, and decently long ones too! Killua scaring the piss out of that guy who spell traced him was the highlight for me. I can't wait to get more Biscuit too.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Fair trade since the 1999 series destroyed 2011's ep 1-60.

p.s. more than fair.
    LOL you must be joking

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Also, I have a question about the game. The number shows the transformation limit, right? So does that mean this card can only be used 30 times overall?
    It means the card can only exist in 30 different places at once. However, if one player uses it, another player can 'find' it again.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, the episode was great. I can't wait for the upcoming episodes. The whole GI arc is soo awesome... The adventure feel... x3

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I still think they're rushing things a little... The next episode seems to be covering 4+ chapters again.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    LOL you must be joking
    The debate has been rekindled. A sleeping monster has been awakened. We are all doomed.

Seriously though, I can sort of see how someone might like the 1999 series more than the 2011 anime, but saying it "destroys" the new series is something I have a hard time understanding.

I mean, I just finished marathon-ing the first 15 episodes of the 1999 anime on Youtube. It's still a very entertaining show with good atmosphere and all. However, I can't see how anyone could look at things like Killua's lack of anything approaching a personality, and the pointless placement of that lame Anita character into the Netero ball game scene, and say the 2011 series is grossly inferior.

As far as I’m concerned, the only part in the first 15 episodes of 1999 where we can cast aside all subjectivity and declare it undeniably better is when it covers the Sushi exam that Madhouse erroneously left out.

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, before this thread descends back into flame-wars, I want to say I'm glad to see Greed Island being animated again. Greed Island is my favorite arc in the series and so far I'm quite happy with Madhouse's take on it.
    Last edited by The Invertroid; January 06, 2013 at 06:03 AM.

19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    The debate has been rekindled. A sleeping monster has been awakened. We are all doomed.

Seriously though, I can sort of see how someone might like the 1999 series more than the 2011 anime, but saying it "destroys" the new series is something I have a hard time understanding.
    On the other hand, you can see how 1 episode of G.I. by itself completely destroys the old G.I. OVA's, amirite?

Quote Quote:
    I mean, I just finished marathon-ing the first 15 episodes of the 1999 anime on Youtube. It's still a very entertaining show with good atmosphere and all. However, I can't see how anyone could look at things like Killua's lack of anything approaching a personality, and the pointless placement of that lame Anita character into the Netero ball game scene, and say the 2011 series is grossly inferior.
    Anita sucked because it was a shitty attempt at trying to make plausible an utterly implausible background for one of the characters (zoldycks only ice bad guys, messed up training gave Killua a quasi split personality, so him being like a normal kid isn't that farfetched). But rather than focus on the shit how about observing the interaction between him and Gon during the battleship arc? Actually other than the aforesaid differences, Killua isn't portrayed too differently in the Hunter Exam, mainly because there isn't really anything on him in the manga.

Quote Quote:
    As far as I’m concerned, the only part in the first 15 episodes of 1999 where we can cast aside all subjectivity and declare it undeniably better is when it covers the Sushi exam that Madhouse erroneously left out.
    As far as someone who only cares about accuracy of the manga is concerned, you mean?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont see why old Hunter x hunter could be beaten from something like this for sure the animation is better but people should think when the old anime came out
    it was good for the time the animation when it came out for me its still good.And Hxh 2011 let Kite out and didnt did a well job at hxh exam arc (cause the violence)
    and i actually hate this comparings
    Hxh 1999 + ovas = are great
    hxh 2011 = is great aswell

and to be back at topic todays episode was cool as always
    and am i the only one who just cant skip this ending song while watchin

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a thread dedicated exactly to this to avoid have here that annoying subject.
    Moderator message by: Uriel
    Please don't we come back to that topic here, I prefer it have it all organized and discuss that where it's supposed to. Thanks and kisses for everyone (?).
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man ! I knew it was coming ! The animation...

Best .Thing. Since. 2013. Started !

Killua's murder mood made me scream !

Oh an of course
    Spoiler show

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast