Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

I'm only two minutes in the HxH eps and they already fucked up two things -_-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised at how well the cyclops fight was animated. This arc is just loads of fun.This page was pretty much intact as is
    Spoiler show

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Good episode but it a little bit rushed.... Anime only viewer don't even know the "type" or Jennies(money) they use in GI....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The guy with the risky dice later? Who is so desperate and sad to get out of the game, and only has the one card. I LOVED that guy, sigh oh well. I hope its a great episode regardless, but that was a gem of Togashi randomness/comedy that I always liked a lot, the series is littered with that type of humor so I'm genuinely sad to see it cut. Perhaps that character will show up later when the Bomb Devils are forcing him to roll dice (they could move his pathetic story then, though joke probably wont be as funny)

Despite this Greed Island is one of my least favorite arcs (mostly because it is sandwiched between my favorite arcs) so Im glad its going by fast, I just hope nothing important is missing.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Also, not as big of a deal but Bisuke's "cuteness" trick on Gon and Killua was just glazed over here. It's bothering me because I really thought that scene was a fun way to expose watchers to a quirk about her that appears throughout the arc. But it's just there now, with no real emphasis. With the rest of the episode, I was fine with the pacing. Those first 5 minutes kinda killed me though.

- I had my friend who knows nothing about HxH watch this with me. Her first reaction was that Killua's adorable, apparently.
    - Then when the sword turned into a card, she thought it was an episode of YuGiOh.
    - You know, the way Bisuke's stalking them reminds me of those online RPGs I play when random people stalk you around the game because they want money.
    - I can't stand this happy music playing as Shalnark's talking. Something about happy music + Shizuku seems really creepy.
    - For those wondering, my friend thought Shizuku was adorable too.
    - The way they animated that part with Gon and Killua running like ninjas, I loved how it showed just how fast they were moving.
    - Funny banter between Killua and Bisuke never gets old.
    - That fight with the cyclops/troll things was amazingly animated. But pretty much every fight in this anime now is amazingly animated, not complaining here!
    - Then in that part when Bisuke punched Killua and the screen panned from Gon to Bisuke and the (romantic?) ending started playing, my friend thought GonxBisuke was canon.....
    - Preview: Killua abuse.
    Last edited by Riruru; January 13, 2013 at 02:05 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    Spoiler show

Also, not as big of a deal but Bisuke's "cuteness" trick on Gon and Killua was just glazed over here. It's bothering me because I really thought that scene was a fun way to expose watchers to a quirk about her that appears throughout the arc. But it's just there now, with no real emphasis. With the rest of the episode, I was fine with the pacing. Those first 5 minutes kinda killed me though.

- I had my friend who knows nothing about HxH watch this with me. Her first reaction was that Killua's adorable, apparently.
    - Then when the sword turned into a card, she thought it was an episode of YuGiOh.
    - You know, the way Bisuke's stalking them reminds me of those online RPGs I play when random people stalk you around the game because they want money.
    - I can't stand this happy music playing as Shalnark's talking. Something about happy music + Shizuku seems really creepy.
    - For those wondering, my friend thought Shizuku was adorable too.
    - The way they animated that part with Gon and Killua running like ninjas, I loved how it showed just how fast they were moving.
    - Funny banter between Killua and Bisuke never gets old.
    - That fight with the cyclops/troll things was amazingly animated. But pretty much every fight in this anime now is amazingly animated, not complaining here!
    - Then in that part when Bisuke punched Killua and the screen panned from Gon to Bisuke and the (romantic?) ending started playing, my friend thought GonxBisuke was canon.....
    - Preview: Killua abuse.
    And I reread the manga ( those chapters particularly ) : P And they skipped a WHOLE chapter. After that guy got his card stolen, two other guys came to attack and they stole a rock because Gon and Killua transformed rocks into cards.... yeah...

All in all, this eps was subpar at BEST.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn I was gonna watch it with all my friends later, getting pumped so far on how good Later Yorknew and Early GI is...now I'm getting scared. I don't know if I'll mind too much but I'll miss poor pathetic Greed Island player's backstory. It will be sorely missed.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, all these cuts sound terrible. I guess on their own they wouldn't be so bad, but all of them at once is just too much!

What is MadHouse thinking rushing through Greed Island, one of Togashi's best arcs? If anything, they should be draggin things out more, given how close they're getting to catching up with the manga.

I only hope that the pace will slow down once we get to the "exciting" parts of the arc.
    Last edited by The Invertroid; January 13, 2013 at 03:01 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xScar's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    And I reread the manga ( those chapters particularly ) : P And they skipped a WHOLE chapter. After that guy got his card stolen, two other guys came to attack and they stole a rock because Gon and Killua transformed rocks into cards.... yeah...

All in all, this eps was subpar at BEST.
    It would be nice if you didn't rate an ADAPTATION on how closely it sticks to what's on paper. There's a reason they don't just take the page and color it and add some between animation. Things work on paper that don't work when transformed for the screen. You can read through a chapter of manga in a few minutes, but having to adapt that same chapter can take upwards of 15 minutes, depending on how talky it is. I really don't want HxH to turn into One Piece were I just fully drop the anime because it goes NO WHERE and adapts only one chapter an episode. It's boring as hell, and I love One Piece.

We don't need 15 minutes on how they got the Sword card stolen. We just don't. At all. Combining those 3-4 characters into one condensed the scene into a nice format and let us keep moving.

I trust Madhouse, and I'm sure things revolving Rock Paper Scissors will appear again, especially considering what's coming up.

11. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xScar View Post
    It would be nice if you didn't rate an ADAPTATION on how closely it sticks to what's on paper. There's a reason they don't just take the page and color it and add some between animation. Things work on paper that don't work when transformed for the screen. You can read through a chapter of manga in a few minutes, but having to adapt that same chapter can take upwards of 15 minutes, depending on how talky it is. I really don't want HxH to turn into One Piece were I just fully drop the anime because it goes NO WHERE and adapts only one chapter an episode. It's boring as hell, and I love One Piece.

We don't need 15 minutes on how they got the Sword card stolen. We just don't. At all. Combining those 3-4 characters into one condensed the scene into a nice format and let us keep moving.

I trust Madhouse, and I'm sure things revolving Rock Paper Scissors will appear again, especially considering what's coming up.
    Yeah, but skipping whole chapters is sort of a problem no matter how much you want to say that an adaption doesn't have to follow the manga page by page. I'm really just happy to have an animated HXH, so I'm pretty lax on what MH cuts but this is getting into the 'excessive' category. I honestly like Greed Island, and MH is doing pretty much everything else right, but I enjoyed those scenes with Killua and Gon fooling those guys because it was brilliantly done, and it was a huge let down that they were skipped completely. I don't mind if they omit some of the info dumps that Togashi loves to do, but I do have a beef with omitting events. This isn't to say that I'm gonna stop watching HXH because of it, since -lets be honest the 2011 anime is the standard now. The OVA's and Nippon's TV run are all out of print and old news....the snuff of an era past, and a resurgence of these are the wet dreams of those who can't take off their nostalgia goggles and look at reality. (Before anyone jumps down my throat and tries to say that I'm making fun of the 1999 series, I'm not. I like it despite it's faults, I'm just pointing out the reality that the series is pretty much impossible to get now outside of pirating, and that staff isn't going reform and do another anime.) Despite this, I don't want Madhouse to treat GI as an afterthought. I feel like their handling of Yorkshin was quite good despite some key events, and I still have high hopes for GI. At least the character designs and some of the voices are more appealing than the OVA.

That being said, despite the cuts at the beginning, it turned out to be a pretty entertaining episode. I just really hope they won't skip more events now that Biscuit is here. I guess I can sorta try to rationalize their rushing as an effort to get to her introduction proper, and now that they have there's no real point to continue this bullet train to disaster.

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but HXH and my beloved Gintama anime seem to be fans of slicing lines and events from the anime for reasons unknown, and it makes me unhappy.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

13. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xScar's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber D Rufi View Post
    Yeah, but skipping whole chapters is sort of a problem no matter how much you want to say that an adaption doesn't have to follow the manga page by page. I'm really just happy to have an animated HXH, so I'm pretty lax on what MH cuts but this is getting into the 'excessive' category.
    But they didn't skip a full chapter. People above are just exaggerating :\

This episode covered parts of chapters 132-136. Almost everything was adapted in some way or another; they just condensed the card stealing scene.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt mind the cuts at all as they were all relatively inconsequential and it would've been overly long and dragged out if they stayed in. Also I like that the manga features some differences to the anime, some things dont work on TV that would work in manga. I was not bothered with this episode to be honest, I rather enjoyed it and to be honest didnt notice anything was cut lol

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

16. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xScar View Post
    But they didn't skip a full chapter. People above are just exaggerating :\

This episode covered parts of chapters 132-136. Almost everything was adapted in some way or another; they just condensed the card stealing scene.
    Right, but that card stealing scene was particularly good at foreshadowing how the game works without having to use a huge info splurge. Not to mention it was just awesome. I'm fine with cuts here and there since that seems to be the thing for anime nowadays anyway, but that seems like a cut that wasn't necessary. I'm not criticizing the omissions, but I really got into this adaption because I was hoping for an adaption that's closer to the manga than the one before it. Again I'm just going to rationalize this as an effort to get to Biscuit since the staff at MH seems to be taking their foot off the accelerator a little now that she's in, but I dunno.

Just watched the sub, (normally I watch raws.) The preview translation sort of missed that Killua started to say his master is a 'hag' (baba) which is why he got bitch smacked.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I didnt mind the cuts at all as they were all relatively inconsequential and it would've been overly long and dragged out if they stayed in. Also I like that the manga features some differences to the anime, some things dont work on TV that would work in manga. I was not bothered with this episode to be honest, I rather enjoyed it and to be honest didnt notice anything was cut lol
    I honestly didn't mind the cuts either. The episode was rather enjoyable imo. Yokoyama Chisa doing a great job voicing Biscuit, and love how she adjusts her voice to being all innocent and cute to going all hard core teacher mode lol. As for my favorite part of the episode was chibi Gon and Killua fighting the G.I. monsters.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That episode was excellent for me,the cuts didn't bother me at all. I really liked the pace.It's way better than YS cuts which were really annoying.

Thread Closed
Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast