Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

  1. #91
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    This episode was great and served it's purpose. We all know that this is simply the downtime until the truly important stuff. I know Zepile and Leorio fans hate to admit it but in the grand scheme of things they are not as important in this story arc as the Phantom Troupe. We should see the Troupe as the main story line of this arc revolves around them, if you don't like it I really don't see how you like this arc so much in the manga because it is the same. It's all about Kurapika and the Troupe with a bit of Gon and Killua mixed in. This episode introduced some necessary plot elements are got us from point A to point B, that is all it had to do and it did it just fine. Sure there were omissions but honestly 2 whole weeks of this would have been overkill, Madhouse knows this, so they simply created a collection of the most important points. It flowed great and did everything it needed to do. Also to those going on about Killua not mentioning Silva fighting the Troupe, I think Madhouse is removing that in order to keep Silva and Zeno vs Chrollo a surprise to non manga fans. Killua calling that out is a clear flag that Silva will get involved some how, better to have Silva himself reveal his past with the Troupe in my opinion. Just makes more sense anime wise.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #92
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    lol. this episode was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. 5/10. 6/10 at MOST.

    Though, tbh, the music selections were exactly what I expected (sans TO-MO-DA-CHI).

    A wild guess:
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Popo; September 23, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

  4. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #93
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    lol. this episode was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. 5/10. 6/10 at MOST.

    Though, tbh, the music selections were exactly what I expected (sans TO-MO-DA-CHI).

    A wild guess:
    Spoiler show
    Care to elaborate? I thought it was good enough and actually a fun episode.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  6. #94
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Care to elaborate? I thought it was good enough and actually a fun episode.
    I second this though for probably much different reasons. :3

  7. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    lol. this episode was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. 5/10. 6/10 at MOST.

    Though, tbh, the music selections were exactly what I expected (sans TO-MO-DA-CHI).

    A wild guess:
    Spoiler show

    I'm still waiting for Kumo no Canzone!

  8. #96
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    I thought the episode was enjoyable. I wasn't disappointed, but I can't say I'm completely satisfied. I didn't expect much (although I wanted to) because I'm sure Madhouse wouldn't focus much on this episode. Because hey, this is Kurapika's arc. The spotlight's on him and the Spiders.

    Music was weird this week; at times it fit, other times it didn't. Zepile was awesome though, as he should be. Overall, the episode flowed pretty nicely except that the last part felt a bit... lacking to me. The episode was good; I can't say it was bad because it really was enjoyable, and Madhouse probably meant this more as a transition episode for the next part of Yorkshin rather than something to focus on. I guess it's good in the long run because a lot of people are excited for Kurapika and the Spiders; they don't want to be bogged down by 'transition scenes'.

    To be honest, what disappoints me more is not the episode itself, but the thought that Madhouse probably made the right choice by rushing this episode for the viewers who want to see the action. I'm not sure how else I can explain this. I can understand why MH rushed the episode, and it does make sense if you're thinking about the majority of the viewers. I guess it's one of those majority minority things. You can't please everybody.

    Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    Hate to say it but you're not going to get a panel by panel adaptation, while it sounds cool and what should be done, in execution it would be pretty bad compared to Madhouse's current series.

    Not that your points aren't valid but did you really want 2 weeks of Zepile? When people were introduced to him in the manga, they had to read and wait 4 weeks of this which while I love Zepile as a character, it kind of dragged on. This episode streamlines and highlighted the best parts of the 4 chapters Zepile was introduced in the manga while giving his spotlight and making him look cool still.

    It kind of irritates me when people say this episode was bad just because it condenses/rearranges the way it was presented or it didn't follow the manga panel for panel. I find Madhouse's changes different from the 99 cuts/edits because Nippons changes altered how the audience perceived characters/situations while Madhouse's give the same or close message that the manga does
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but I just want to say that yes, I do want two weeks of Zepile and to see more of Yorskshin before the Spiders get the spotlight again. I like these transition/exposition/infodump scenes a lot. I honestly want a break from Kurapika for a moment.

    No, the episode wasn't bad. It was actually enjoyable (if a bit lacking), and it did flow nicely. At the very least, MH tries to give the same message and tone; I really think this is the best we can get for a manga adaptation.

    You know, maybe that's why mr.sticky and I are disappointed. This is the best we can get for a manga adaptation.

    MH still rules though.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    Yes, i did.
    Come on, we got 2 dragged episodes on Kurapika's team with useless introduction filler for characters like Baise, and now that it's Gon/Killua/Leorio time, yeah let's just rush it. Nah, i can't buy it.
    Zepile's role in this arc is way more important than characters like Baise, Basho, etc ..., i don't think that more than 1 episode for his introduction is too much asking.

    Yeah, sure. Madhouse changes doesn't affect the way the audience perceived Leorio at all. It's not like he's USELESS in this version.
    I disagree about the useless introduction filler. I don't think they were useless at all. Why? Because I never noticed them in the manga. I loved the fillers because they gave me a chance to familiarize myself with the Nostrade employees before they were written out.

    See, I don't think Togashi is the perfect mangaka. A genius, sure. But he's not perfect. I think one of his problems is that he has the tendency to introduce a whooooole bunch of characters in a short amount of time. I never know where to put my focus on, and I can never remember everyone when everything is happening so fast. So I really like how MH gave me time to acquaint myself with the Nostrade employees, especially since they're the first ones to die. The readers/viewers only had a short amount of time to get to know them, and that can easily be overshadowed by the introduction of the Spiders.

    When the Nostrade employees died in the manga, I seriously didn't care that much. With the anime, I now felt sorry for everyone. And it better pushes the idea that the Spiders are ruthless because now I am actually familiar with the people whom they killed.

    Basically, the anime got a more emotional response from me in that regard, which I think is a good thing.

    However, I do see your point. I also don't like how they can give fillers to people like Baise, and yet they cut stuff out when it comes to Zepile.

    I honestly think it's the best way to go if you want to consider the majority of the viewers. That doesn't mean I have to like it though.

    I think the previously bolded statements summarizes my whole thoughts about the episode.
    Last edited by Uriel; September 23, 2012 at 08:57 AM.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ho boy, its getting heated in here. As a Zepile fan I'm secretly glad to see these chapters getting such a discussion, I always felt some people hated these chapters. I would have to agree with Sticky mostly, it just doesn't bug me that much. Not nearly that much, but the main reason for a lot of these cuts is for pacing, but its also probably because of the filler bits they've added here and there. I'm really curious how brand new fans are taking to this arc as a whole, because I always felt Yorknew was so different from everything else in Hunter x Hunter before it (mostly due to its Kurapika character focus and more realistic setting)

    Yup, masses don't like too much talking in their Shonen series. How Gon GETS Greed island sadly isn't that interesting to people, at least not those rewatching the series for one. It's a shame because I do find it interesting. I definitely hope they take their time with the Greed Island arc, though I do genuinely find some of the card stuff boring (or mostly unimportant save for a few specific parts that move the story forward) (unlike the auction stuff)
    Last edited by Uriel; September 23, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #98
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    You know, omissions didn't bother me that much. My main complaint is... WHY THE HELL WAS BALDY WORKING AT A SHOP!?
    This change didn't make sense at all. I mean, in the manga Baldy's point was to lower the price, but what was it here? I doubt he could prove there isn't any treasure inside to make them sell the statue. He could make them doubt it, but then everything can be checked. What was he trying to achieve here at all?
    Well, other than that episode wasn't so bad, I'd say 7.5/10. But so far the worst of the YS arc. I'll stick to the opinion they shouldn't have rushed that much and better made two episodes.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    Yup, masses don't like too much talking in their Shonen series. How Gon GETS Greed island sadly isn't that interesting to people, at least not those rewatching the series for one. It's a shame because I do find it interesting. I definitely hope they take their time with the Greed Island arc, though I do genuinely find some of the card stuff boring (or mostly unimportant save for a few specific parts that move the story forward) (unlike the auction stuff)
    Hey come on, the cards stuff is what makes GI so interesting! I think Togashi is great with making game, that is why I love GI so much (it's my fav arc =D)

    ---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

    As for Killua's story about Silva, I really hope they'll move it to the next chapter when they're talking before the chase.

  13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #99
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    You know, omissions didn't bother me that much. My main complaint is... WHY THE HELL WAS BALDY WORKING AT A SHOP!?
    This change didn't make sense at all
    . I mean, in the manga Baldy's point was to lower the price, but what was it here? I doubt he could prove there isn't any treasure inside to make them sell the statue. He could make them doubt it, but then everything can be checked. What was he trying to achieve here at all?
    Well, other than that episode wasn't so bad, I'd say 7.5/10. But so far the worst of the YS arc. I'll stick to the opinion they shouldn't have rushed that much and better made two episodes.



    Hey come on, the cards stuff is what makes GI so interesting! I think Togashi is great with making game, that is why I love GI so much (it's my fav arc =D)
    Agreed...but honestly the change was just so random I had to laugh. I mean what's next?

    Spoiler show

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #100
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    The episode is pretty descent, so it was his licence I thought Ging's was pawned... This is what happened when I skip some pages I dont want to reread...

    OMG since I saw ... I so want to make my own (customize) Hunter licence .... but I dont know those things written in it... I am sure the bigger charas are the name but what about the ones under? should I copy it also? and the 2011 design of the back( i only saw the 99 design ones)? I think it should have date when I passed I kinda dont remember how that look like....

  17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #101
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Just a heads up... this episode would take longer than usual to get all the notes down.

  19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #102
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    This episode was really disappointing for manga fans.Overall,it was a good episode but the part with Baldy...

    It was just a mix of manga chapters, i had the impression to watch a filler or a recap.

  21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  22. #103
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    No actually I would not be fine with them skipping it. Zepile is actually my favourite non-Troupe character in this story arc. But I just understand why they did this. Am I happy with it? Not really. Do I care? Not really either. It is because I understand this and feel that they did his character justice.

    Togashi wrote the hunt for greed island because it is necessary to get from one point to the other. Is it an important part of the story? Yes. Are the things that were cut a deal breaker? No. Do they damage the story and what it needs to convey to us? No.

    The main focus of this arc is indeed Kurapika and the Troupe, that should of course be the foremost highlighted story in this arc, but the hunt for greed island of course should also be there, does it deserve as much time as the Troupe? No it doesnt because in the grand scheme of things, it exists to simply set up the next story arc. It is just a side story to lay the ground work, it is not as important to the York New arc as the Kurapika story is. That is the facts of the matter.
    You see, that is exactly what I was talking about. HxH has many deceiving hints, that may mislead the viewers. And that imo is very interesting. Now when they cut the 'unnecessary' parts, HxH loses a great part of its zest.

  23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  24. #104
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Reunion
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    What make me really laugh is the people who act like 2 episodes (just 2) on Gon's stuff are unbearable and act like it will ruin the entire flow of the arc. It's just 2 episodes of journey, discovery, and tranquility. How boring did you find these 4 chapters ?
    It's not like a 30 episodes filler arc placed in the middle of an arc, or a War arc with a very horrendous pacing.

    There is no excuse for MH rushing this part. At least, for Nippon Animation, i can imagine that they rush it because of their dead line, but what is Madhouse's excuse (i don't buy the majority crap. Majority wanted the Sushi exam part, and there wasn't).

    Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    You know, omissions didn't bother me that much. My main complaint is... WHY THE HELL WAS BALDY WORKING AT A SHOP!?
    This change didn't make sense at all. I mean, in the manga Baldy's point was to lower the price, but what was it here? I doubt he could prove there isn't any treasure inside to make them sell the statue. He could make them doubt it, but then everything can be checked. What was he trying to achieve here at all?
    Well, other than that episode wasn't so bad, I'd say 7.5/10. But so far the worst of the YS arc. I'll stick to the opinion they shouldn't have rushed that much and better made two episodes.
    Agreed.
    Another thing that doesn't make sense at all for me is the Benz Knife scene. In addition to reducing Killua's explanation about him (we did'nt even get his picture whereas when Melody explained the dowsing, it was extended and i found this really cool. Not even Killua's thought about his father liking Benz ) WHY would Killua tell this story in front of the dumb seller, but most importantly WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T THEY BUY IT ????? I thought they were IN NEED OF MONEY.
    No sense at all.

    I think, this was unnoticed cause well, in this version Killua didn't precise the price.
    Manga make much more sense :
    - Gon notice some stuff
    - Killua "oh... Could it be ...? " Leorio, since you're good at trading, get it.
    - Haha, got it for 300 jenis.
    - Killua : "Yeah, like i thought" .... story .... We can sell this shit for at least 5 million.

  25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
  26. #105
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Chrollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Meteor City
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Awesome episode.
    They skipped the scenes but still made it sound like it happened. Bald guy in the shop is working alongside the other guy trying to scam them, how is it out of nowhere? Sure he had a different job in the manga but the change was smooth. For people who weren't expecting him to appear later, his position makes sense. It's only out of nowhere to you because it surprised you that he had a change of role.

    The rest was included and was done well. 8/10

  27. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts