Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

  1. #946
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Just watched the new episode yesterday. And sorry that I am bitterly disappointed.

    I would say the pacing leaves much to be desired. Even having watched the old version AND the original manga, I find it difficult to understand the story well in the new anime. This is because, well, if you would excuse me, everything is proceeding so damn quickly. It felt as if everyone can predict exactly what another is saying, and need no time to think about a proper response. And the problem became especially obvious when Pakunoda was thinking about the meaning in Kurapika's message. The extreme ambivalence which Pakunoda should be feeling in the circumstances is nowhere to be found in the new version. It was as if she found the correct answer instantly.

    The same applied to the Kurapika/Kuroro scene. Kurapika needed no time to become provoked to the point of wanting to kill Kuroro and understood INSTANTLY why Kuroro was so calm in the situation. Such hysterical behavior was completely beyond my imagination.

    Why would the director / script writer / people working on this anime do such a thing? This anime is scheduled in the morning in Japan. It is supposed to target the younger audience and be easily understood by them. Displaying the names of attacks is one move in this direction. But the pacing is (in my view, of course) so unreasonably quick that even old fans of the series finds it difficult to follow, let alone children.

    To me, this anime is becoming (maybe not all along, but becoming) just a marketing tool for the character figures and, perhaps, the new movie to be shown in 2013. Maybe the director(s) thought that children cannot possibly understand this part of the story in Hunter × Hunter, and (mistakenly believed) that all fans could just breeze through the story without much thought. They therefore wanted to hastily finish this arc (by the way, there is no such thing as a "Ryodan Arc" as alleged by the official website).

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #947
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    Just watched the new episode yesterday. And sorry that I am bitterly disappointed.

    I would say the pacing leaves much to be desired. Even having watched the old version AND the original manga, I find it difficult to understand the story well in the new anime. This is because, well, if you would excuse me, everything is proceeding so damn quickly. It felt as if everyone can predict exactly what another is saying, and need no time to think about a proper response. And the problem became especially obvious when Pakunoda was thinking about the meaning in Kurapika's message. The extreme ambivalence which Pakunoda should be feeling in the circumstances is nowhere to be found in the new version. It was as if she found the correct answer instantly.

    The same applied to the Kurapika/Kuroro scene. Kurapika needed no time to become provoked to the point of wanting to kill Kuroro and understood INSTANTLY why Kuroro was so calm in the situation. Such hysterical behavior was completely beyond my imagination.

    Why would the director / script writer / people working on this anime do such a thing? This anime is scheduled in the morning in Japan. It is supposed to target the younger audience and be easily understood by them. Displaying the names of attacks is one move in this direction. But the pacing is (in my view, of course) so unreasonably quick that even old fans of the series finds it difficult to follow, let alone children.

    To me, this anime is becoming (maybe not all along, but becoming) just a marketing tool for the character figures and, perhaps, the new movie to be shown in 2013. Maybe the director(s) thought that children cannot possibly understand this part of the story in Hunter × Hunter, and (mistakenly believed) that all fans could just breeze through the story without much thought. They therefore wanted to hastily finish this arc (by the way, there is no such thing as a "Ryodan Arc" as alleged by the official website).
    Did we watch the same episode? I know anime only viewers that completely understood. I don't understand how you couldn't to be quite honest.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #948
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Did we watch the same episode? I know anime only viewers that completely understood. I don't understand how you couldn't to be quite honest.
    I was talking about the episode aired on 2 Dec 2012 in Japan. It should be episode 57. It covers the part where Gon and Killua were kidnapped and taken to the hotel, where they attempted to escape but failed. We are talking about the same episode, correct?

    I fully acknowledge the fact that some people will find the episode easy to understand. My point is that this episode (and possibly the last one as well) gives the impression that the director(s) wanted to end this arc as soon as possible (and with as little attention to details as possible). It does not care for a first-time viewer - someone who does not have any background knowledge of the series. To me it felt like watching a TV recording in fast-forward mode. There were no pauses, no thinking time, no depth. Every character seems to know everything in advance (how did Pakunoda process all those thoughts in a minute or two!?) and just wants to proceed.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #949
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Kite didn't appear early in the latest anime!
    He did in the manga and in the 1999 Anime.

    Kite's next appearance will be in the end of Greed Island

    What if they intentionally did that because they don't care about the Chimera Ant?

    I now have a doubt that they will not be making an anime for the Chimera Ant but I hope I'm wrong and they will be making an anime for the Chimera Ant Arc (crossed fingers)

  8. #950
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    I was talking about the episode aired on 2 Dec 2012 in Japan. It should be episode 57. It covers the part where Gon and Killua were kidnapped and taken to the hotel, where they attempted to escape but failed. We are talking about the same episode, correct?

    I fully acknowledge the fact that some people will find the episode easy to understand. My point is that this episode (and possibly the last one as well) gives the impression that the director(s) wanted to end this arc as soon as possible (and with as little attention to details as possible). It does not care for a first-time viewer - someone who does not have any background knowledge of the series. To me it felt like watching a TV recording in fast-forward mode. There were no pauses, no thinking time, no depth. Every character seems to know everything in advance (how did Pakunoda process all those thoughts in a minute or two!?) and just wants to proceed.
    I didn't see this issue personally, the characters are very intelligent and assess the situation the same as in the manga. I prefer this pacing, it's quick fast and honestly these kind of psychological battles are better when they are moving fast paced like action. If you slow it down then its just people talking with progression being far too slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    Kite didn't appear early in the latest anime!
    He did in the manga and in the 1999 Anime.

    Kite's next appearance will be in the end of Greed Island

    What if they intentionally did that because they don't care about the Chimera Ant?

    I now have a doubt that they will not be making an anime for the Chimera Ant but I hope I'm wrong and they will be making an anime for the Chimera Ant Arc (crossed fingers)
    Kite will appear, they have already announced before this anime even began that it will go past Chimera Ant arc. Kite backstory was announced to have simply been moved to a different location. Many speculated that it is because its easier to schedule a voice actor of Kite if his appearances are closer together than far apart. Others speculate that Madhouse is trying to highlight thematically the importance of Kite's message to Gon in the flashback because that heavily relates to why Gon becomes so enrage about Kite in Chimera Ant arc. Don't worry it will go beyond Chimera Ant they have already announced this long ago.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #951
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    I find interesting that you think that it should be easy to understand for kids. This show is not for kids, as far as I know. It may seems like it, but it is not. Pakunoda did the right choice because She had no time to doubt, and that much was even clear when Machi interrupts her thoughts.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  11. #952
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Better late than never.

    -EPISODE 57-

    Spoiler:  Part 1 show

    --

    Spoiler:  Part 2 show

  12. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #953
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Can't say that this part of the story made too much sense for me. For one thing, save for Paku nobody even knows Melody's abilities so why are GR so scared? There's no possible way Kurapica could have convinced them that Melody was damn near omniscient and definitely no proof that she was even within hearing distance, however far that is. Secondly, it makes very little sense for GR to budge. The fact is GR should be aware that Kurapica cares about Gon & Killua. In which case why is Kurapica the one making demands? Thirdly why the hell didn't they chase after Kurapica after the blackout? It would've been over then and there. Machi and Paku were slightly injured but that shouldn't have been enough to deter a chase. The kids could've been KO'd, bound with wire, and brought along. Then there would have been a proper hostage exchange - or just a melee right then and there. Truth is the Ryodan should know that there's no way Kurapica could have taken all of them. Could he have killed Kuroro in the time it takes for the rest of the GR to get to him/kill him? Couldn't they have used Gon and Killua as bargaining chips?

    *shrug*

    On the issue of pace:

    personally i thought i understood well enough what they were talking about. I thought the 99 edition of this episode might have drawn things out a little too much. I understand that the approach is to get the readers immersed in Paku's perspective but it wasn't really done that effectively. I suppose you'd have to chalk it up to the source material.

  14. #954
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Can't say that this part of the story made too much sense for me. For one thing, save for Paku nobody even knows Melody's abilities so why are GR so scared? There's no possible way Kurapica could have convinced them that Melody was damn near omniscient and definitely no proof that she was even within hearing distance, however far that is. Secondly, it makes very little sense for GR to budge. The fact is GR should be aware that Kurapica cares about Gon & Killua. In which case why is Kurapica the one making demands? Thirdly why the hell didn't they chase after Kurapica after the blackout? It would've been over then and there. Machi and Paku were slightly injured but that shouldn't have been enough to deter a chase. The kids could've been KO'd, bound with wire, and brought along. Then there would have been a proper hostage exchange - or just a melee right then and there. Truth is the Ryodan should know that there's no way Kurapica could have taken all of them. Could he have killed Kuroro in the time it takes for the rest of the GR to get to him/kill him? Couldn't they have used Gon and Killua as bargaining chips?

    *shrug*

    On the issue of pace:

    personally i thought i understood well enough what they were talking about. I thought the 99 edition of this episode might have drawn things out a little too much. I understand that the approach is to get the readers immersed in Paku's perspective but it wasn't really done that effectively. I suppose you'd have to chalk it up to the source material.
    Your post just proved my point.

    See? Because the director(s) cut out the details where Kurapika captured Kuroro in a split second just as the blackout began, now you don't understand why the Ryodan did not chase after Kurapika at once. This part was well illustrated and explained both in the old version and the manga (Ryodan surprised/could not see well in dark), but not in the new version.
    Last edited by jam1; December 03, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

  15. #955
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    [OFF]^Lol same join date and country[/OFF]
    ^I think MH did rush things a bit, but it was still understandable. It was obvious the Spiders were caught off guard by surprise attack.
    And regarding why didn't they themselves make demands... Well, Phinks actually tried! =D The point of their situation is that they value Chrollo themselves and even though Phinks was right, they still couldn't bring themselves to risk Danchou's life. That was pretty obvious in MH adaptation as well, imho.

  16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #956
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I find interesting that you think that it should be easy to understand for kids. This show is not for kids, as far as I know. It may seems like it, but it is not. Pakunoda did the right choice because She had no time to doubt, and that much was even clear when Machi interrupts her thoughts.
    And ironically, Nippon TV thought that it was a good idea to make this a show for kids to be shown on SUNDAY MORNINGS. Such intentions were confirmed by an interview with the anime's director Hiroshi Kōjina.

    So it is now a kid's show, and a kid's show should be simple and easily understood by kids. Apparently this proved impossible to achieve for a story as deep as in HxH, so the director had no choice but to neglect on developing the story.

  18. #957
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    This is just me, but the anime is doing a pretty decent job at emulating the source material. It's not perfect by no means, of course, but look at the source material. Hunter x Hunter is a difficult manga to adapt. It's very heavy on the exposition (even in the Ant Arc, I was sitting there skipping stuff here and there because I wanted to get on with the story), and people who watch the adaptation, especially a show aimed towards kids, aren't going to want to sit there and decipher everything that's being taken in.

    Unfortunately, in adapting this, some details do need to be cut out for the sake of progressing the story and thus focus on the big picture. Paku doesn't have time to sit there and deliberate, Kurapika made his demands very clear to them, the GR had disagreements regarding it. Before they could act any further, they received the note, otherwise they could have gone after him right away. Plus, I'm sure they were still in some disarray due to being off guard, the counterattack, and the lights going out. The key here is doing everything in a very timely manner, hence the emphasis on doing things in a split second. What may seem like 10-15 minutes to us, is more like 2 minutes in Hunter x Hunter (throwing arbitrary numbers out there).

  19. #958
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    278
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    [OFF]^Lol same join date and country[/OFF]
    ^I think MH did rush things a bit, but it was still understandable. It was obvious the Spiders were caught off guard by surprise attack.
    And regarding why didn't they themselves make demands... Well, Phinks actually tried! =D The point of their situation is that they value Chrollo themselves and even though Phinks was right, they still couldn't bring themselves to risk Danchou's life. That was pretty obvious in MH adaptation as well, imho.
    Yes, but Kurapica couldn't bring himself to risk Gon/Killua's life either. And since they already assumed that the two were decent hostage material, it made absolutely no sense NOT to chase after Kurapica or at the very least, giving in to his demands without any protest like he has 100% of the bargaining power just made zero sense to me. Either the kids are useful hostages or not.

  20. #959
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    ^Actually, he successfully carried out his bluff in the phone call to Phinks. He made them think that if it's needed, he could abandon his friends.
    Spiders' weren't too sure his friends are precious enough for him. And it turned out that Danchou was.
    Your point is the same as Phinks' and his group's. But not everyone was ready to risk Chrollo's life. That caused a dispute, which lead to the decision to leave things to the hostage exchange. Well, not only that, but the first move won Kurapika a couple of minutes as well as the position of stating the rules.
    I don't know what's unclear here. Everything is very obvious imo

  21. #960
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    And ironically, Nippon TV thought that it was a good idea to make this a show for kids to be shown on SUNDAY MORNINGS. Such intentions were confirmed by an interview with the anime's director Hiroshi Kōjina.
    So it is now a kid's show, and a kid's show should be simple and easily understood by kids. Apparently this proved impossible to achieve for a story as deep as in HxH, so the director had no choice but to neglect on developing the story.
    Being Sunday Morning doesn't mean it's a kid show :/
    Of course, it's a way to capture new fans. And that's your personal opinion about neglecting the develop of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Can't say that this part of the story made too much sense for me. For one thing, save for Paku nobody even knows Melody's abilities so why are GR so scared?
    Killua knows about Senritsu, so Pakunoda knows.
    For professionals, they know there is many ways to check things out. We're talking of a guy who just kidnapped their boss.

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    The fact is GR should be aware that Kurapica cares about Gon & Killua. In which case why is Kurapica the one making demands?
    He killed Uvogin. They concluded before that He was working alone. Pakunoda couldn't speak in time to tell that they're related somehow. The bond is blurry to bet on it. And they're smart.

    Quote Quote:
    Thirdly why the hell didn't they chase after Kurapica after the blackout? It would've been over then and there. Machi and Paku were slightly injured but that shouldn't have been enough to deter a chase. The kids could've been KO'd, bound with wire, and brought along. Then there would have been a proper hostage exchange - or just a melee right then and there. Truth is the Ryodan should know that there's no way Kurapica could have taken all of them. Could he have killed Kuroro in the time it takes for the rest of the GR to get to him/kill him? Couldn't they have used Gon and Killua as bargaining chips?
    Because it's imprudent. You don't know the direction, the way they escaped, their abilities, what could happen to the kidnapped person, if there was more people in the building to take advantage of their split, if there would be something waiting...To many possibilities that are out there for professional assassins and thieves.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts