Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

AUGH, Riruru, you took my avi Ide- oh wait that's your sig....

All I can say at the momment is that I liked this episode, and I already get the feeling that I'll like this arc better in MH's adaption than in the manga which I honestly was more lukewarm to moderate to.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I have finally watched the episode.It become annoying to discuss about this anime because it's really perfect.
    Spoiler show

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

-EPISODE 61-

Spoiler: Part 1 show

---

Spoiler: Part 2 show

6. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Makes me really wish these chapters were spread out over 2 episodes instead. With a few stretches here and there they definitely could've done it and still have it end on the same point. But, I can understand all the cutting in some ways. When I was first watching episode 61 I had to rewind or pause on more than one occasion. And I've seen the OVA's and read the manga before. I can only imagine how overwhelmed some new watchers would be with all the text.

Normally I hate any kind of cutting. So what makes me say this is that almost all of the stuff MH cut was information-based this time around. It's not far-fetched to think they did it for that purpose and might include it later on. Especially since the amount of explaining done in later chapters pretty much exponentially decreases. But that's just wishful thinking.

I really hope all this stuff they cut isn't gone for good. Takes a bit of the life out of the game.

And if it is, seriously, slow down please.
    Last edited by Riruru; January 07, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

From the OVA

10. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    ^ Makes me really wish these chapters were spread out over 2 episodes instead. With a few stretches here and there they definitely could've done it and still have it end on the same point. But, I can understand all the cutting in some ways. When I was first watching episode 61 I had to rewind or pause on more than one occasion. And I've seen the OVA's and read the manga before. I can only imagine how overwhelmed some new watchers would be with all the text.

Normally I hate any kind of cutting. So what makes me say this is that almost all of the stuff MH cut was information-based this time around. It's not far-fetched to think they did it for that purpose and might include it later on. Especially since the amount of explaining done in later chapters pretty much exponentially decreases. But that's just wishful thinking.

I really hope all this stuff they cut isn't gone for good. Takes a bit of the life out of the game.

And if it is, seriously, slow down please.
    To me at least, it seems you and Shinobi are just nitpicking if it doesn't follow the manga close to 100%. The information they cut out doesn't really leave new viewers out in the cold(which I have to stress because that's what this adaptation was for not necessarily us hardcore fans) for when the players start using spell card tactics later on in the arc. Even so, they can always just put it somewhere else as you said if it fits better such as Killua knowing they were too weak to fight the Troupe in Yorknew. My policy has been to not judge an episode "missing panels" until a few episodes later past it. I for one like the brisk pacing because if it went 2 chapters per episode it would make me feel like they are dragging it because not a lot happens per chapter now. When Madhouse is choosing what parts to adapt and what tone/pace to give, so far they have been exemplifying what parts worked and trimming what didn't to me at least.

Not saying you can't like the episode but it seems you guys are limiting to how much you can like it.

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    To me at least, it seems you and Shinobi are just nitpicking if it doesn't follow the manga close to 100%. The information they cut out doesn't really leave new viewers out in the cold(which I have to stress because that's what this adaptation was for not necessarily us hardcore fans) for when the players start using spell card tactics later on in the arc. Even so, they can always just put it somewhere else as you said if it fits better such as Killua knowing they were too weak to fight the Troupe in Yorknew. My policy has been to not judge an episode "missing panels" until a few episodes later past it. I for one like the brisk pacing because if it went 2 chapters per episode it would make me feel like they are dragging it because not a lot happens per chapter now. When Madhouse is choosing what parts to adapt and what tone/pace to give, so far they have been exemplifying what parts worked and trimming what didn't to me at least.

Not saying you can't like the episode but it seems you guys are limiting to how much you can like it.
    That might be true, but considering that we are in a different world we ought to know every detail on how it works in order to understand it thoroughly. They are not in the "real world". It's a world new to the characters and it's natural to know everything about it so they don't look out of place or obvious noobs and end up easy targets like what happened moments after logging in.

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    That might be true, but considering that we are in a different world we ought to know every detail on how it works in order to understand it thoroughly. They are not in the "real world". It's a world new to the characters and it's natural to know everything about it so they don't look out of place or obvious noobs and end up easy targets like what happened moments after logging in.
    I agree to an extent. Since Gon and Killua( and us viewers ) are in a new world it makes sense to explain it's in's and outs of how the world operates so we don't feel lost but in my opinion they only need to explain parts that affect the plot at that time for a tv show at least( manga is more forgiving in allowing world building ). What they did leave out for now I can easily see them folding into future episodes but if they don't it's not that big of a loss.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Simple really:

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post

The episode was really good. I still enjoyed it. I can understand why cutting out a page dedicated to information isn't nearly as unfaithful as excluding things like character interaction or plot development. In fact, MH does a pretty great job at deciding what to chuck and what to keep given what they have to work with. Which is why it's more of a passing irritation to me rather than any real problem I have with the episode.

But they cut too much. It's like they're rushing. Not bothering to expand on the world at all. That isn't necessarily a bad thing; they're definitely capturing the mood and excitement of the arc a lot better than the OVA (which does have almost everything). Obviously directional quality in an anime works completely differently. Just hurts when you're a mad HxH fan and want to see a quirk about the arc animated, just to found out it got edited out.
    Last edited by Riruru; January 07, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

20. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bobop's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Next episodes titles & staff :
    Quote Quote:
    1/13
    ゲンジツ?×ト×ゲンセキ
    脚本:上代務
    演出:田中智也
    絵コンテ:坂田純一
    作画:菅野芳弘
    美術:一色美緒

1/19
    シショウ×ハ×ヒジョウ?
    脚本:広田光毅
    演出:吉田大輔
    絵コンテ:吉田大輔
    作画:Woo Chang-hee

1/27
    キョウカ×ト×キョウカツ
    演出:米田和博
    絵コンテ:矢野博之
    作画:阿比留隆彦

2/3
    ジャケン×ト×ジャンケン
    脚本:米村正二
    演出:山城智恵
    絵コンテ:山城智恵
    作画:石井舞

2/10
    コウリャク×ト×サクリャク
    演出:Woo Seung-Wook
    絵コンテ:坂田純一
    作画:Jang Kil-yong
    Wait for translation

22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

62: Reality x And x Gemstone
    Spoiler show

63: An x Extraordinary x Obstacle
    Spoiler show

64: Strenghtening x And x Blackmailing
    Spoiler show

65: Jaken x And x Janken
    Spoiler show

66: Capture x And x Scheme
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Seems like GI is gonna last till 74-75 even which is 16-17 episodes total. Wow. Hold on, guys!
    And then even ~30 for CA wouldn't seem surprising O.o
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; January 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM.

24. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It feels like the anime is catching up the manga pretty quickly. At the pace they're going, at least.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hum, I feel like they will be changing many things of place. I don't mind, actually. So far I find it more friendly to the new readers when it comes to how GI works.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Thread Closed
Page 88 of 134 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast