Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Meso's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Okay first off. DAT BUILD UP! When he revealed his identity everybody was so non chalant about it. But as soon as he said. LEAVE ON! I got goosebumps. I felt like I was right there panicking with them. Oh Jispa you've got to be the bravest and nicely designed background character. :'/ And his HEAD! Omfg I was like. o.o Well that escalated quickly. I'm not ready for this intensity. My gripe is the ending though...I was so into it the ending theme scared the shit outta me. xD
    "It's the things that you cannot possess, that are the most beautiful": (Gilgamesh to Saber during his defeat)

"Me? Stop you? Don't worry, there's no chance of that happening..": (Kurapika's eyes turning red at Hanzo beating up Gon)

"Fuck you asshole! We have just as much say as the rest of you in this bullshit!" (Takashi to the adults during the Zombie Outbreak)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Great episode with most of it being dedicated to training. There were still points I thought transitioned a bit quickly like with Gon and Killua capturing the monsters on their first tries. Especially when you consider that Bisuke kept having inner monologues of month-long training. Then the next scene you just see the results of it. Now I loved some of Bisuke's thought trains this episode but it might've been better to have something in between them. Everything else was awesome though; music, animation, voice acting, and script.

- Reminds me of how I play my Pokemon games. So I'm not the only person who backtracks between Pallet and Viridian to train, right?
    - Oh! That giant toad that had boils as his weakness. He's like, the only monster I remember how the catch from GI...weird.
    - I like how Killua's just watching. He's impressed by the animation and can't move.
    - And now he looks so nonchalant to Gon being sent across the field by Ko. But worries when he falls to his knees from standing there.
    - Gon and Killua are like two children in a class with Killua being that one classmate who always gets the highest score in everything by one percent, is taller than you by 4cm, but apparently sucks at rock-paper-scissors. Yeah, that kid.
    - Didn't they include a number for how many rocks Gon and Killua smashed? I guess it was left out here. Shame because MH made it look like they took out 5 then chickened out.
    - I love how everyone's first priority is saving Jispa. Yet another good-hearted dude Togashi kills off.
    - Genthru really makes some epic faces.
    - Greed Island Tutorial: Did Gon just break the forth wall? And that's what he thinks of us. Why that little...
    - Preview: Madhouse really has a thing for drawing insanity. They're so pro at it.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, is Evil fist an accurate translation of the Janken attack? I had no idea, its really weird to me since the Viz manga (as far as I remember) never called it that. I'll probably never refer to it as that but I might be able to get used to it...I think.

Otherwise Genthru gave me serious chills this episode! Has me excited for whats to come.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericandream View Post
    So, is Evil fist an accurate translation of the Janken attack? I had no idea, its really weird to me since the Viz manga (as far as I remember) never called it that. I'll probably never refer to it as that but I might be able to get used to it...I think.

Otherwise Genthru gave me serious chills this episode! Has me excited for whats to come.
    Viz did refer to it as Evil Fist, but following that just referred to it as Janken.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Another good episode,i have nothing to add.About that "Evil Fist" name.Isn't it a second name? Many abilities have a second name in HXH.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheAmericandream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, I've only read the NGL arc mostly so clearly I missed that. What is the significance? I don't speak any Japanese, does it actually roughly translate to evil fist? I hope I don't sound like a whining "Genei Ryodan" fan! I suppose its more of a grey area to me, whether to translate technique names, in some cases I feel its best to not do that.
    Freddy? ....No, HISOKA!!-Agon's famous last words.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

A nice episode overall. The one that matters is the concluding next one. I hope Abengane part will be shown already.
    As for the ending, they probably just forgot to put the starting music lol.
    And yeah, Evil Fist is not Janken but Jaken, the 'old' name.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; January 27, 2013 at 08:38 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Please, the spoiler tag. PLEASE.
    And well, I liked Puhat a lot. I'll miss that little bastard. RIP.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^Does the attack name really matter that much? We already do know that Gon has an attack which is gonna be developed.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, I loved that Biscuit said two months and then you see that they achieved it in two weeks. They're so awesome *-*

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    ^Does the attack name really matter that much? We already do know that Gon has an attack which is gonna be developed.
    But only manga readers knows it's true nature and the naming itself is important and comes with an explanation on Nen. So yes, yes it is. Use spoilers and don't spoil the fun for the anime-only watchers.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was awesome!! The arc finally looks like its turning around. I still think its going a little too fast, but its getting tolerable.

Note: it took me a while to like the yorknew arc too

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

nice episode 9/10
    stable drawings..good animation
    they didn't show properly the bloody scenes which i want they won't do it again
    they covered 4 chaps but they postponed some pages to the next episode
    and what's wrong with the ending they forgot waahoohoooo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! From the content of the episode I thought the OVA would take even longer time to watch and put down the notes, but surprisingly it didn't take that much time! I may even finish today!!

15. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Oman
    Post Thanks / Like

the anime is going to fast if it continue like this sooon it will reach ngl ark

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the episode. The way they portrayed the bomb devils and Genthuru was absolutely perfect.

Quote Quote:
    - I like how Killua's just watching. He's impressed by the animation and can't move.
    - And now he looks so nonchalant to Gon being sent across the field by Ko. But worries when he falls to his knees from standing there.
    - Gon and Killua are like two children in a class with Killua being that one classmate who always gets the highest score in everything by one percent, is taller than you by 4cm, but apparently sucks at rock-paper-scissors. Yeah, that kid.
    - Didn't they include a number for how many rocks Gon and Killua smashed? I guess it was left out here. Shame because MH made it look like they took out 5 then chickened out.
    Killua's always been a little ahead of Gon and seems to catch on to things better, but in practice they equal out with their strengths and weaknesses. Where Killua is going to refer to training and his experiences to analyze the situation and devise a plan, Gon's more likely to use his instincts and determination to figure things out. In either case, Killua appears happy just watching Gon and being by his best friend's side.

In the manga, they were more successful breaking some rocks. After breaking a few on the first tries, Gon got to 150 before his broke, and Killua at 189. And then Biscuit mentioned how most people need weeks before reaching 100 repetitions.

I can't wait until next episode.

Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast