Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

It felt like I watch a movie... MadHouse deserves 10/10!!!
    Quote Quote:
    ]
    Only one... the other earring is missing!!!!
    Last edited by riniloves; September 17, 2012 at 04:29 AM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackListHunter's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank god Kurapika burried Uvo before the police came.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veradux View Post
    Yeah, Uvogin is an honorable man (well except for the killing and stealing).

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Shalnark seems like the family guy of the Troupe. I didn't actually notice that HxH made a point to show how worried he was until you guys pointed it out. Then looking back at the earlier scenes with him, it really seems like he's the happy, family guy who wants to keep everyone together or something. Haha, maybe I'm just reading between the lines too much.

They better not screw up the next episode.
    Kinda agree with that part.The thing with Shalnark , when I saw him ,he didn't strike me as a thief,a murderer.He seem to be a happy go lucky ,smart,naive guy.But as the arc progress,you can actually see the darker side of him ,which is pretty interesting.
    I think this image sum up his personality.
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by BlackListHunter View Post
    Thank god Kurapika burried Uvo before the police came.
    Well,it is not like murder is THAT big of a deal in HxH universe.And beside the mafia has connection with the police ,they would want Uvogin to be dead.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackListHunter's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Well,it is not like murder is THAT big of a deal in HxH universe.And beside the mafia has connection with the police ,they would want Uvogin to be dead.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netero View Post
    ^I just added some more to the post lol.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Zepile mug shot

http://www.ntv.co.jp/hunterhunter/ch.../other_04.html

mrsticky is right... dem eyebrows steal the show
    Zepile is voiced by Masami Kikuchi who I beileve did Wing in the old anime. Not to bash Toshihiko Seki, but It makes me wonder why they didn't just get Kikuchi back to reprise his role? Weird.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Would just like to comment on a few things on the episode comparison from the earlier thread.

Quote Quote:
    And then the torture fest begins, along with Nippon’s second problem with the episode: Kurapika gets tormented by her torturing Uvo - one of the people who murdered her tribe and swore to kill them all! But since Furuhashi made her a girl so it’s natural that she got a more delicate heart than Madhouse’s cold hearted manly man who shows no mercy or rethink his action on his target!
    This is a moment, both in the manga as well as the 2011 anime, where it is perfectly natural for Kurapica to act the way he did. Indeed in the 2011 version, Kurapica shows sorrow as well.

Quote Quote:
    Uvo’s death and burial. In the manga Kurapika didn’t show any emotions and all what he concerned was the time and energy he spent on. Mahouse made the same a masterpiece by combining the Sin City style and the deadly silence. In Nippon’s adaptation… PATHETIC! Kurapika who we saw determined to kill is now falling on her knees crying over her “crime”! And her crime was so devastating that the moon is crying with her!! But again, what’s new?! This is Furuhashi who wanted to end the series by killing Kurapika to “atone for her sins” of killing the ones who killed her tribe. We got it Furuhashi: “Revenge doesn’t pay”. But what you’ve failed to realize that this is NOT your story and you’re NOT the author to decide what the characters are!! You destroyed for us Gon and Killua and now you’ve destroyed Kurapika! Congratulations!!
    Do you actually look at the screenshots you capture or are you just here to spread misinformation? Kurapica doesn't cry for Uvogin. He fell on his knees because he was drained from Emperor Time.

As for Kurapica being a girl: guess what, Kurapica's a trap since day-one and this is Togashi's intent.

Please stop propagating your nonsense and misinformation.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    As for Kurapica being a girl: guess what, Kurapica's a trap since day-one and this is Togashi's intent.

Please stop propagating your nonsense and misinformation.
    I'm pretty sure Shinobi is aware of this. In fact, is there anybody on the forum who isn't? I mean, considering that most of us are manga readers after all...

I think what he meant to say was Furahashi made Kurapika seem more of a girl than a trap - to the point where the ambiguity isn't obvious anymore and the anime just went with it pretending he was a girl.

Just because Togashi intended for Kurapika to be a trap doesn't mean Furahashi also intended for him to be a trap. I think what Shinobi was getting at is that Furahashi actually intended for Kurapika to be a girl. I think it's possible to actually confuse if he is a boy or a girl since, apparently, even the dub studio here in our country had to call Togashi just to confirm Kurapika's gender. And I think Nippon hardly communicated with Togashi at all in the making of the anime.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, Shinobi. That is just how I understood it.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; September 17, 2012 at 08:20 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post

Do you actually look at the screenshots you capture or are you just here to spread misinformation? Kurapica doesn't cry for Uvogin. He fell on his knees because he was drained from Emperor Time.

You're right that Kurapika isn't actually crying for Uvogin in the 99 and yes he was drained from Emperor Time.
    But at the same time I'm quite sure the 99 director was trying to hint at Kurapika feeling regret or something.

Compare the three versions

Manga and 2011

Kurapika wobbles a little and then says "I used my eyes too much" or something like that.

Kurapika falls on his knees stares intensely with his scarlet eyes into his clutching hand. The moon stars to bleed red.

You can't possibly say that the 1999 wasn't trying to say something there beyond "My eyes are sore."

15. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't really fit the mood of Uvo vs. Kurapika but I felt like the two best fights in this series (until now) were portrayed pretty well~

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kamen Rider Dragon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    You're right that Kurapika isn't actually crying for Uvogin in the 99 and yes he was drained from Emperor Time.
    But at the same time I'm quite sure the 99 director was trying to hint at Kurapika feeling regret or something.

Compare the three versions

Manga and 2011

Kurapika wobbles a little and then says "I used my eyes too much" or something like that.

Kurapika falls on his knees stares intensely with his scarlet eyes into his clutching hand. The moon stars to bleed red.

You can't possibly say that the 1999 wasn't trying to say something there beyond "My eyes are sore."
    Also when Kurapika returned to the others he was clearly physical sick from killing Uvo. There were clear vomit stains on his shirt.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

Doesn't really fit the mood of Uvo vs. Kurapika but I felt like the two best fights in this series (until now) were portrayed pretty well~
    Heh, I liked it even if the music wasn't the most fitting.

Also I think we need to give Togashi a hand for making Uvo more than a musclebound idiot. His character could have totally gone that way and it would have made sense, but he had a quick mind behind that aim to be the strongest. Kurapika didn't have to explain everything to him as his inner monologues were evidence of how well he could think even without Chrollo pulling the strings. Everyone's been praising him for not selling out the spiders, but I think his intelligence deserves our accolades as well.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chei View Post
    It's not about literally a 'girl', but it's a fact that Kurapika got defined as the anime heroine role ("red dot" as Japanese called it) in the Nippon animation adaptation. Furuhashi mentioned it a few times in interview that he's going for that angle. Hence he exaggerated the effeminate attributes of Kurapika and further making him into the role of emo and sappy tragic heroine. The 99's Kurapika ended up SO incredibly annoying and unlikable for me, not to mention the characterization is just so off and corny. He totally ruined a character who's pretty cool in the manga, into something pretty cliche (the type of typical uppity PMS-ing shounen anime heroine typeI can't stand).

Uvogin was also portrayed as obnoxious during his death scene in the 99 version, as oppose to the dignified resolution he has in the manga (which Madhouse portrayed beautifully). The 1999 version just play out this battle with a very 'black and white' moralistic vibe - awww good guys feel bad when they were forced to kill, bad guys are arrogant and unpleasant and totally deserve it. I was just so annoyed when I watched it back then.

Anyway I finally watched 47 last night and I was so impressed! Finally, an adaptation that do justice of the source material, they kept the characters and situation as complex, morally ambiguous and conflicting as Togashi has written it. I feel so bad for Uvogin and Kurapika's soulless empty eyes when he dug the grave was chilling. The death sequence are very memorable, the acting is top notch!! And as usual, the nen and Kurapika's agenda's explanation was so smooth and well done....Madhouse always handled these info-dump so well! I hope to see Uvogin in flashback again, he's such a beast and such an enjoyable character. One scene I regret for not seeing in the Madhouse version was Shalnack asking other members whether Uvogin has come back yet (the 99 ver had it)...I wished it was in.
    How was Uvogin portrayed obnoxious in his death in the 99?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Moved some posts to the Versus Thread.
    Don't tease me.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    It felt like I watch a movie... MadHouse deserves 10/10!!!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr...ro1_r1_400.gif

Only one... the other earring is missing!!!!
    Does Kurapika have two earrings? I don't remember.

Admittedly I actually like the 99's plain color diamond better. But both are good.

Though was it just me or did Kurapika sound like he was saying "Crunch"?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Kurapika has two earrings... at least, during this whole episode, Kurapika had only one earring the whole time, so it wasn't a mistake.

Come to think of it, on the very first shot we see Kurapika's earring (during Majitani's fight), there's only one. Sure, it could be just the angle, but MH went with it being the only one.

I'll probably re-read some chapters in a few minutes to check it.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast