Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bambinarubata's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

According to me:

G.I.: 30 episodes

Ant Arc: 50 episodes

Election - Alluka: 15 episodes

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member leokiko's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

30 for G.I? Isn't that a bit too much? The events there could happen much faster, specially with the pace Madhouse is going with.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm I do not think that will be minus 25 ...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I think that the Ant arc will actually be around 60 episodes and the Election arc will be 10.
    Greed Island I think will be bout 30 episodes I suspect.
    GI is 66 chapters ~14.5 pages each. Even if going with MH's slowest pacing yet (35 pages/ep) that'll be 27 episodes. And I think they'll do about 44 pages per episode, which is 22 episodes like OVA.
    Chimera Ants arc is twice as long as GI but the chapters are way less informative. I thing they'll go with at least 50 pages per episode average (and by that I mean about 100 pages for Invasion and the usual 40 for the rest), and that sums up to 40 episodes.
    And the Election Arc is exactly as long as Heavens' Arena; 20 normal chapters or 10 episodes.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

and the past of Kurapika? you think will make it in animation?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bambinarubata View Post
    and the past of Kurapika? you think will make it in animation?
    I think so.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

^The movie trailer had a part where Kurapika and Pyro were riding a Piko. So I guess it'll be included in the movie.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I meant in the TV series, not the movie!

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt that the story included in the movie will be repeated in the TV series.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    To be honest I don't think the backstory will be animated in the movie. I think it is more likely it will be animated in the anime.
    The reason why is that it is the massacre we are talking about, it is a huge plot point of Kurapika backstory.
    It makes sense to show it in the anime.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    The problem is that the "momentum" is so artificial that one (ok, at least I) will feel that every character is reacting to the situation impossibly quickly. If the characters (and actually any people) are really encountering the events as described in the story, they should express natural emotions of surprise, sadness or ambivalence. I cannot imagine how any person can overcome such emotions in a minute or two (no matter how "urgent" their situation is).
    In my view at least, such emotions are nowhere to be found in the new version. Which is why I said that every character seemed to have "come prepared" for what will be happening to them, and it felt totally awkward to see them like this. Well, they shouldn't know what is going to happen! This is what I meant when I said this anime has "no depth". It reduces the emotional events into mere daily hassles which are only irritating for a while but will then be totally forgotten the next day.
    As long as you're not referencing Gon's breakdown back at the Hunter Exam in the old anime as depth, then I somewhat agree. But I prefer it this way; when the characters don't make a huge deal out of everything that happens to them and only express profound emotion when it's their time. So when it does happen, the audience is affected more. I can't say how many animes I've lost interest in or didn't give two cents about the characters anymore because they whined their way around every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    The movie is considered alternate universe, and Kurapika's past isn't. So maybe they'll include it in the anime.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    To be honest I don't think the backstory will be animated in the movie. I think it is more likely it will be animated in the anime.
    The reason why is that it is the massacre we are talking about, it is a huge plot point of Kurapika backstory.
    It makes sense to show it in the anime.
    Exactly ... I agree with you.

Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    The movie is considered alternate universe, and Kurapika's past isn't. So maybe they'll include it in the anime.
    I'm not so sure about it.
    Even if the flashback would be still canon, it only presents Pyro, one of the center figures of the movie. If spoilers are right, it doesn't even show the massacre itself, nor anything significant about it. It only matters for the movie.

And I'm sure the flashback will be included in the movie. Or at least a shortened version. Because of the shot with Kurapika and Pyro riding a Piko, which was in the one-shot.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was always under the impression that most of the characters are adapted to these sorts of situations where they need to be calm and think quickly on their feet. Thus, they're not overly affected by anything. Especially the Zoldycks and the spiders who are exceptionally good at what they do. At least with our main four, you do see feelings of fear, anger, hopelessness, etc. Killua was scared shitless trailing the spiders, even though he's considered very proficient in it. Gon's feelings as he realized he wasn't strong enough to take on Hisoka during the exam. Leorio's constant freak outs during the exam and Yorknew. Kurapika's anger towards Majitani and throughout Yorknew while dealing with the spiders. There's more than enough emotion in the anime to go around. This is just my opinion though.

Spoiler show

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    As long as you're not referencing Gon's breakdown back at the Hunter Exam in the old anime as depth, then I somewhat agree. But I prefer it this way; when the characters don't make a huge deal out of everything that happens to them and only express profound emotion when it's their time. So when it does happen, the audience is affected more. I can't say how many animes I've lost interest in or didn't give two cents about the characters anymore because they whined their way around every corner.
    That is true. Let's wait and see if "their time" will come. I just hope Hiroshi Kōjina didn't think he already gave a climax to each character. Well, he actually might, because in my view he already made quite a number of empty promises about the anime. He said at the beginning that "the real Hunter x Hunter begins from the Zoldyck Family arc onwards", but only to allege subsequently that "things will get interesting from the Ryodan arc onwards". I highly suspect that he will again say something similar at about this time as the (spoilers) GI arc is starting (/spoilers).
    Last edited by jam1; December 07, 2012 at 03:02 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast