Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 22 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 2003

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

  1. #316
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    Of course Gon doesn't care only about this friends! I'll give you a quick example:

    Was Genthru a Gon's friend? No, he wasn't a Gon's friend. The fact is.. He asked for Gon's help to save his friends instead of him. Gon, knowing that they were bastards in G.I., still helped them. Gon cares about other people too. Gon is a gray character. He doesn't discriminate others for job/style. He's still a simple and good-hearted boy. But, it's clear to everyone that he cares more about his friends. "more". Not only.
    question: what pop your hxh cherry, the manga or the 99 anime? no offense meant but i noticed that 99 fans tend to see gon as a "good" boy.

    as for your example, please look at the time when gon got angry and stormed off after learning what the players are doing in GI and pay extra attention to what killua said to appease him. take what killua told him and apply it to why he save genthru's friends. basically: it's just a game. i did what i have to do to win. don't make it personal.

    this is just my observation. gon is indifferent/neutral most of the time and have soft spots for females (being that he was raised by two). however, he's quick to anger if it involves someone in his inner circle OR it clashes with his personal code/ethics.


    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Here's the gif. of Nubo using En Uriel. Made it myself



    PS - on the top right corner that's my water mark. If anyone has Tumblr go ahead and follow me if you'd like
    i love how mh portrays nen.
    Last edited by shareme; October 07, 2012 at 08:07 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168866_1.gif

  2. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #317
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    Of course Gon doesn't care only about this friends! I'll give you a quick example:

    Was Genthru a Gon's friend? No, he wasn't a Gon's friend. The fact is.. He asked for Gon's help to save his friends instead of him. Gon, knowing that they were bastards in G.I., still helped them. Gon cares about other people too. Gon is a gray character. He doesn't discriminate others for job/style. He's still a simple and good-hearted boy. But, it's clear to everyone that he cares more about his friends. "more". Not only.
    I kinda see your point, but I'm not sure if agree with that completely.

    I do think Gon is capable of caring for other people that are not close to him. However, that can certainly be bypassed by any number of reasons, such as when it prevents him from reaching his goal, or when he is being emotionally-charged.

    Spoiler show


    Another example, this time with his friends, was during the Fourth Phase of the Hunter Exam when Gon was tailing Hisoka and Hisoka was confronting Kurapika and Leorio. Gon, at first, decided to use his friends as bait. He was willing to let them get hurt if it meant getting Hisoka's tag. Of course he never went through with it, but the thought was there. He went through with it on his second try though, when Hisoka was filled bloodlust. He didn't even think twice of letting the person die if it meant getting Hisoka's tag.

    As for GI, I agree with shareme. True, Gon did help Genthru and friends. But it wasn't out of the goodness of his own heart; rather, he didn't make the fight personal in the first place.

    Spoiler show


    I think the difference is in the motive. Gon may do good things and he may care about others, but I don't think it's because he is an inherently good boy. He doesn't care about the good or the bad.

  4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #318
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Didn't Gon chastise Gensuru's way of playing the game? Don't think even for a moment Gon actually thought Gensuru was the good guy. If he didn't care about good or bad then why did he get so annoyed at Nobunaga crying for Uvo?

    The only reason why he healed Gensuru is because he took the perspective that G.I is a game for Hunters. Hunters hunt. Guy is an insane sociopathic murderer but his victims went into the game realizing the risk (or at least they should). But that still doesn't mean he was, by any stretch of the imagination, indifferent to Gensuru. FFS people. Been listening to too much hyperbole from Toto.

    As for scissorhands, perhaps Gon forgave him for giving up and repenting. I don't know. But there's no way in hell he's indifferent to murder.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #319
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Cinnabar: I agree with you.
    But, I am not arguing here Gon's careless toward other people. I'm just showing that Gon ALSO cares about people that aren't next to him. Do you understand my point?

    Same thing to you, shareme.

    I replied the comment of a member who said that Gon cares ONLY about his friends. And that's not true.

    shareme: The good-hearted Gon is because his personality. In general!

    Cinnabar: Again, I agree with you. In Komugi's case, Gon was really able to kill anyone that can interrupt your objective. As I said before, Gon's gray character. And that part that you said: "He doesn't care about the good or the bad" shows my point too.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #320
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,665
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Didn't Gon chastise Gensuru's way of playing the game? Don't think even for a moment Gon actually thought Gensuru was the good guy. If he didn't care about good or bad then why did he get so annoyed at Nobunaga crying for Uvo?

    The only reason why he healed Gensuru is because he took the perspective that G.I is a game for Hunters. Hunters hunt. Guy is an insane sociopathic murderer but his victims went into the game realizing the risk (or at least they should). But that still doesn't mean he was, by any stretch of the imagination, indifferent to Gensuru. FFS people. Been listening to too much hyperbole from Toto.

    As for scissorhands, perhaps Gon forgave him for giving up and repenting. I don't know. But there's no way in hell he's indifferent to murder.

    I think Gon thought initially that the Phantom Troupe were basically animals and it is in their nature to kill.
    Gon has learned from an early age about death and it's not as a big deal for him as it is for others.
    So in a way Gon is indifferent to murder or at least he's indifferent to humans killing animals just
    like one doesn't cry over lions killing a bison. It's just nature. However Nobunaga was proven NOT
    to be an animal because he could shed tears for his friend. Gon saw that as very human of
    Nobunaga and yet also very selfish. I think that selfishness is what annoyed or rather pissed off Gon.

  10. #321
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I think Gon thought initially that the Phantom Troupe were basically animals and it is in their nature to kill.
    Gon has learned from an early age about death and it's not as a big deal for him as it is for others.
    So in a way Gon is indifferent to murder or at least he's indifferent to humans killing animals just
    like one doesn't cry over lions killing a bison. It's just nature. However Nobunaga was proven NOT
    to be an animal because he could shed tears for his friend. Gon saw that as very human of
    Nobunaga and yet also very selfish. I think that selfishness is what annoyed or rather pissed off Gon.
    Don't think you can really infer that Gon sees the Troupe as animals. I mean it's entirely plausible but it's difficult to read that specific mindset from Gon.

    You are right about the selfishness. But for Gon to recognize it as selfishness he must first have make a value judgment on Nobunaga's conduct: selfish conduct is only condemned when it is to the detriment (typically by way of exclusion) of other people. Nobu spared none of the sentimentality he has for the Troupe to the people he killed. So it really is a good and evil thing. I mean you guys make me sound like i'm describing something really far-fetched but it's pretty normal for a guy to harbor some resentment for mass murderers rather than merely feeling indifferent.

    Killua is probably the one that doesn't really give a damn about murderers doing their own thing to other people so long as it doesn't affect him or his friends.

  11. #322
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,665
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    I was wondering what it was about Episode 50 that particularly bothered me about it. Again it was still a good episode but
    in a way it's a rather disappointing episode because of knowing what Madhouse is capable of. I'm NOT talking about animation.
    I think that was fine for the most part in Episode 50. Actually technically speaking it was a good episode (with some iffy music at times.)

    But what bothered me...is the lack of emotion felt in this episode. Now there was emotion in this episode.
    But not as much as I think it should have been or could have been. And I don't think a huge budget was needed.

    I know it sounds like I'm just nitpicking when I compare it to the manga. But there's just seemingly minor changes
    that actually make quite an impact or don't when you add them or take them away.

    Example:

    Nobunaga crying for Uvogin and the angle it was shown in the manga and in Madhouse. See Shinobi03's comparison to see what I mean.
    The manga shows a close up front view of Nobunaga crying and it is a very personal view. You simply cannot avoid it.
    But Madhouse shows this same scene from more of a worms eye view profile angle and it doesn't have the same impact.
    It doesn't feel as personal. It's like the difference between looking at someone face to face and reading their emotions.
    And watching someone from afar and seeing more of their body language.

    There are other examples and I know many will think this is just another nit pick of mine but I nitpick for a reason.
    There is a reason why these little scenes and changes matter so much to me. Because they DO make a difference however subtle.

    But that all said had I never seen HxH before I probably would rather like this episode because basically we get the same stuff
    and it's not really shown badly. And there are many scenes that visually were done excellently..take Nobunaga's "join us" image
    (though I was disappointed that they decided to use his theme there as I wanted it at the end when he's searching for them.)
    And yet at the same time it just felt like there were moments like Nobunaga crying that just didn't give off the feel I hope it would.

    So this episode is like a mixed bag for me. However I have the utmost confidence in the next few episodes so this will soon be water over the bridge.



    And for a different topic.

    We are at 50 episodes and we finished 10 volumes. Not bad I don't think.

    But to celebrate this moment I say we hire a mariachi band, grab a few Heinekens, and suit up Chrollo style because I think it's time for


    YOUR TOP 10 MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF HXH 2011 EPISODES 1-50.
    Please note these are moments and not entire episodes.

    Here are mine
    10 Leorio vs Hisoka
    9 Uvogin destroying the mafia with glee
    8 Riehlvelt aura boost power slide cool determined look
    7 Gotoh gets serious
    6 Kurapika heals his arm with Holy Chain Healing Thumb making all of Uvogin's efforts for naught
    5 Illumi decides that "oh well he'll just have to kill Gon"
    4 Gon charges Hisoka head on and Hisoka gets a different kind of h__d on. :/
    3 Killua threatens Sadaso
    2 Gon and Killua are caught stalking
    1 Silva and Zeno's entrance

    I might explain why I like these parts so much later but I want to hear what YOUR top ten favorite moments are.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #323
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    I was wondering what it was about Episode 50 that particularly bothered me about it. Again it was still a good episode but
    in a way it's a rather disappointing episode because of knowing what Madhouse is capable of. I'm NOT talking about animation.
    I think that was fine for the most part in Episode 50. Actually technically speaking it was a good episode (with some iffy music at times.)

    But what bothered me...is the lack of emotion felt in this episode. Now there was emotion in this episode.
    But not as much as I think it should have been or could have been. And I don't think a huge budget was needed.

    I know it sounds like I'm just nitpicking when I compare it to the manga. But there's just seemingly minor changes
    that actually make quite an impact or don't when you add them or take them away.

    Example:

    Nobunaga crying for Uvogin and the angle it was shown in the manga and in Madhouse. See Shinobi03's comparison to see what I mean.
    The manga shows a close up front view of Nobunaga crying and it is a very personal view. You simply cannot avoid it.
    But Madhouse shows this same scene from more of a worms eye view profile angle and it doesn't have the same impact.
    It doesn't feel as personal. It's like the difference between looking at someone face to face and reading their emotions.
    And watching someone from afar and seeing more of their body language.

    There are other examples and I know many will think this is just another nit pick of mine but I nitpick for a reason.
    There is a reason why these little scenes and changes matter so much to me. Because they DO make a difference however subtle.

    But that all said had I never seen HxH before I probably would rather like this episode because basically we get the same stuff
    and it's not really shown badly. And there are many scenes that visually were done excellently..take Nobunaga's "join us" image
    (though I was disappointed that they decided to use his theme there as I wanted it at the end when he's searching for them.)
    And yet at the same time it just felt like there were moments like Nobunaga crying that just didn't give off the feel I hope it would.

    So this episode is like a mixed bag for me. However I have the utmost confidence in the next few episodes so this will soon be water over the bridge.



    And for a different topic.

    We are at 50 episodes and we finished 10 volumes. Not bad I don't think.

    But to celebrate this moment I say we hire a mariachi band, grab a few Heinekens, and suit up Chrollo style because I think it's time for


    YOUR TOP 10 MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF HXH 2011 EPISODES 1-50.
    Please note these are moments and not entire episodes.

    Here are mine
    10 Leorio vs Hisoka
    9 Uvogin destroying the mafia with glee
    8 Riehlvelt aura boost power slide cool determined look
    7 Gotoh gets serious
    6 Kurapika heals his arm with Holy Chain Healing Thumb making all of Uvogin's efforts for naught
    5 Illumi decides that "oh well he'll just have to kill Gon"
    4 Gon charges Hisoka head on and Hisoka gets a different kind of h__d on. :/
    3 Killua threatens Sadaso
    2 Gon and Killua are caught stalking
    1 Silva and Zeno's entrance

    I might explain why I like these parts so much later but I want to hear what YOUR top ten favorite moments are.
    I agree with you that the angle of Nobu's crying face is much better in the manga. No clue why they changed it.
    99 version did same angle but drew his face so horribly. Both versions got that moment wrong in my opinion but I prefer 2011 as his expression is better.

    I'll give top 5 moments since I am tired and can't think much right now:

    1. Gon punches Hisoka in the face
    2. Uvo's death scene
    3. Gon captures Hisoka's badge
    4. Auction masscre
    5. Battle in the mist
    Last edited by futurefrog; October 08, 2012 at 03:21 AM.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #324
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,665
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Don't think you can really infer that Gon sees the Troupe as animals. I mean it's entirely plausible but it's difficult to read that specific mindset from Gon.

    You are right about the selfishness. But for Gon to recognize it as selfishness he must first have make a value judgment on Nobunaga's conduct: selfish conduct is only condemned when it is to the detriment (typically by way of exclusion) of other people. Nobu spared none of the sentimentality he has for the Troupe to the people he killed. So it really is a good and evil thing. I mean you guys make me sound like i'm describing something really far-fetched but it's pretty normal for a guy to harbor some resentment for mass murderers rather than merely feeling indifferent.

    Killua is probably the one that doesn't really give a damn about murderers doing their own thing to other people so long as it doesn't affect him or his friends.
    I think in a way Gon sees EVERYONE as animals to a certain degree. And it would make sense--he spent a lot of time with Kon the Foxbear.

    I don't think it's the action that so much bothers Gon but more the intent. That's why I bring the animal comparison.
    If a lion eats someone that's just nature. Sure you might have to shoot the lion but I don't think someone like Gon would resent the lion.
    Gon should have already been upset at the Troupe for killing Kurapika's tribe. I mean he shouldn't be as devastated as Kurapika is obviously.
    But it's interesting to note that Gon had to see Nobunaga crying over Uvogin to go from fear and frustration to anger and resentment.
    I don't think Gon hated the Troupe until that very moment. Remember he was chasing after for his own reasons--MONEY. Not revenge.

    You aren't describing something far fetched but the thing is...Gon IS far fetched. It might be a good or evil thing but it's not a "you kill--you bad." type thing.

    As for Killua. I do think he doesn't give a damn...but for a very different reason. He's programmed that way. Now I don't think he's gonna pull the plug
    and then all of a sudden say murder is wrong. But in many ways it's really Killua who is the moral compass for Gon and not really the other way around.
    However the ironic thing is that Killua thinks Gon is the moral compass or rather the "light". It almost borders on idolization
    Spoiler show


    ---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I agree with you that the angle of Nobu's crying face is much better in the manga. No clue why they changed it.
    99 version did same angle but drew his face so horribly. Both versions got that moment wrong in my opinion but I prefer 2011 as his expression is better.

    I'll give top 5 moments since I am tired and can't think much right now:

    1. Gon punches Hisoka in the face
    2. Uvo's death scene
    3. Gon captures Hisoka's badge
    4. Auction masscre
    5. Battle in the mist

    I have to give props to the 99 for having the same angle as the manga.
    But to me neither version have the same emotion and intensity as the manga.

    However I think with a good dub what lacked visually good be made up for audibly.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #325
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by dougbp View Post
    Cinnabar: I agree with you.
    But, I am not arguing here Gon's careless toward other people. I'm just showing that Gon ALSO cares about people that aren't next to him. Do you understand my point?

    Cinnabar: Again, I agree with you. In Komugi's case, Gon was really able to kill anyone that can interrupt your objective. As I said before, Gon's gray character. And that part that you said: "He doesn't care about the good or the bad" shows my point too.
    Oh, I see then. I read into it too much, I guess. XD

    Spoiler show


    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    But there's no way in hell he's indifferent to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    I mean you guys make me sound like i'm describing something really far-fetched but it's pretty normal for a guy to harbor some resentment for mass murderers rather than merely feeling indifferent.
    But I don't see Gon as normal.

    Also, then Gon would have also harbored resentment for Killua and his family because they murdered a lot of people too. They didn't murder people just for kicks though unlike the Spiders. But the fact remains that they murdered people too, and if Gon isn't indifferent to murder, then he would have been bothered when Killua introduced himself to him as an assassin. But Gon didn't care when Killua said that; hence why Killua himself was surprised.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    You aren't describing something far fetched but the thing is...Gon IS far fetched. It might be a good or evil thing but it's not a "you kill--you bad." type thing.
    This is probably more accurate though than saying Gon is or isn't indifferent to murder.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    We are at 50 episodes and we finished 10 volumes. Not bad I don't think.

    But to celebrate this moment I say we hire a mariachi band, grab a few Heinekens, and suit up Chrollo style because I think it's time for


    YOUR TOP 10 MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF HXH 2011 EPISODES 1-50.
    Please note these are moments and not entire episodes.
    In no paricular order:
    • Riehlvelt VS Killua.
    • Ball game with Netero.
    • Killua ripping someone's heart out.
    • That filler scene where everyone was stuck in a room for 50 hours.
    • Gon and Killua are caught stalking.
    • Uvo's death.
    • Illumi VS Killua.
    • Gon getting Hisoka's tag.
    • Gon landing a punch on Hisoka.
    • Gon and Killua romping around Whale Island.

    And this is less of a moment and more of a character trait, but I love love loved how Kikyo was frantic when Killua decided to leave.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; October 08, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #326
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    5 Uvo's rape face
    4 Hisoka's hunt
    3 Gon&Killua being captured
    2 Hisoka's orgasm
    1 Uvo's death

    I hope the upcoming Requiem would beat all of them =3

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #327
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Maybe it's because I've been a little more emotional lately or something, because I certainly felt the feels this time around. In the manga I was touched by Nobu crying over Uvo's death, and in my opinion, they were able to translate that well.

    Animation wise, I really liked they way they drew Killua's Immakillyou face the first time he was trying to stand up to Nobu. There were a couple instances where I felt the placement of certain tracks was off, but not a big deal for me.

    That said, I have high expectations the next couple episodes. I can't wait.

    8/10 for me for this week.

    As for Gon himself, I agree with what most people have said here. I think Gon tries his best to do what he feels is right. Sometimes that coincides with what society would deem as the best thing to do, and sometimes it doesn't. Gon doesn't judge, and unless there's a personal reason for something, doesn't care about a person's past. His best friend's an ex-assassin? Cool. The guy helping me train my nen is a serial killer? Cool.

    In the case of the Phantom Troupe, Gon knows Kurapika has a grudge against them for killing his clan, and seeing Nobu get upset made Gon upset. He made it personal. Genthuru killing other hunters in Greed Island. Gon was already upset at the way they were using Ging's game, and wanted it to be a fun game that doesn't involve killing. Since this is a game that Gon personally held dear, I think he was upset at Genthuru for what he's done. But, Gon isn't a bad person, so he thought it okay to heal them after their fight.

    The thing that's interesting with Gon is that he has a sense of what is wrong and right. For the most part (and I realize there are cases where Gon has gotten out of control), he knows that killing isn't right. Stealing isn't right. Gambling and cheating are things he doesn't like to partake in. The thing with Gon, though, is that sometimes his personal moral compass coincides with society's moral compass. Sometimes it doesn't. In the cases when Gon's does, it's usually when something has become personal to him. But again, there are cases where Gon gets blinded by his feelings, and his compass falls out of what is considered the norm.

    And this also goes back to his upbringing. He grew up on a somewhat secluded island and hasn't really experienced living with the rest of society up until he left for the Hunter Exam, so it would make sense that Gon is... strange. As a result, he's naive, misses social cues, doesn't practice what's considered a social norm or moral compass.

    On the other hand, Killua is perceived as the more normal one. Personally, I think they're both a little messed up. I mean, Killua has a better moral compass in the sense that he understands what the societal norm is. But, because of his upbringing, he's been programmed to believe that murdering people isn't bad. And although he's gotten better (hey, he's not killing innocent humans anymore), he still has his moments. Most of these are in the Ant Arc.

    Spoiler show


    Oftentimes throughout the series, Killua sees Gon as the light, and Gon sees Killua as a moral compass. It's funny because Gon is sinking more and more into the darkness as he becomes more exposed to the world. And while Killua has a better sense of wrong and right in terms of societal norms, he voluntarily doesn't follow that sometimes.

    I'd argue that they're both on par in terms of where they lie on the morality spectrum.

    That's just my two cents. Both of them can go either direction on the morality spectrum really.

    Top 10 moments?
    10. The whole ball scene with Netero + plus Killua's tantrum at the end
    9. Hisoka rape during Hunter Exam
    8. Kurapika punches Majitani
    7. Auction massacre
    6. Killua vs. Riehlvelt (the bgm did it for me)
    5. Leorio and Tonpa moments
    4. Gon doing the coin toss with Gotoh
    3. First part of Gon vs. Hisoka in Heaven's Arena
    2. Uvo's death
    1. Killua threatens Sadaso

    The top three were hard since I liked them all pretty equally.

  22. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  23. #328
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Don't think you can really infer that Gon sees the Troupe as animals. I mean it's entirely plausible but it's difficult to read that specific mindset from Gon.

    You are right about the selfishness. But for Gon to recognize it as selfishness he must first have make a value judgment on Nobunaga's conduct: selfish conduct is only condemned when it is to the detriment (typically by way of exclusion) of other people. Nobu spared none of the sentimentality he has for the Troupe to the people he killed. So it really is a good and evil thing. I mean you guys make me sound like i'm describing something really far-fetched but it's pretty normal for a guy to harbor some resentment for mass murderers rather than merely feeling indifferent.

    Killua is probably the one that doesn't really give a damn about murderers doing their own thing to other people so long as it doesn't affect him or his friends.
    I think that I understand how members of Troupe don't show any resentment for people that they murdered. The Troupe was formed in Ryuuseigai. Some members of the Troupe belong to Ryuuseigai too. And what is the conception of a Ryuuseigai's citizien? All of the Hunter world see Ryuuseigai as garbage. They ignore that place. People that were born there is a garbage as the place. So again, what is the conception of a Ryuuseigai's citizen? If the world give his back to them, they'll give their back to the world. I think the attitude of Genei Ryodan originated from that. For me, there's no reason for the acts of thiefing/murdering that they did. The Troupe is like that because all that they passed in Ryuuseigai. So, that is my reason to not consider actions of the Troupe as evil. We have to analyze their way of seeing the rest of the world.

    I just wonder how members that aren't from Ryuuseigai like to enter the Troupe. Maybe, they suffered in life. Who knows..

  24. #329
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Dubai
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    811
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Speaking of Gon, why don't we go back two episodes ago for a bit?



    As Zepile said, Gon doesn't care what's right or wrong. He just got innocent curiosity. He opens his mind to everything that impress him wither it's right or wrong. Doesn't that reflects with his encounter with the Spiders?


    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    YOUR TOP 10 MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS OF HXH 2011 EPISODES 1-50
    10- Water Divination
    09- The coin game
    08- Killua threatening Miluki
    07- End of Hisoka vs Kastro
    06- Ging's message
    05- Killua threatening the HA evil trio
    04- Auction house massacre
    03- Uvo vs the Shadow Beasts
    02- First part of Gon vs Hisoka
    01- Uvo's death

  25. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  26. #330
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

    Zenji

  27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 22 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts