Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
My guess is:
I think the YS arc (I mean, without September the Sixth+) will end by episode 58, maybe 59. I doubt it'll last longer. The pages are becoming shorter and shorter, and they already are rushing it. I mean, 3 chapters 19 pg each per episode?
Gosh, I'm really waiting for them to finish the arc. Watching September the Fourth in one go is going to be some awesomeness overdose. Can't wait
Last edited by ZonikStrike; October 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
Seeing you guys talk about upcoming episodes and the chapters that go with them makes me realize how quickly this arc is going by.
Last edited by ZonikStrike; October 10, 2012 at 03:16 PM.
I know this is old but i wanna post it anyway: When shal used the needle on the mafia dude to imply that they had already infiltrated it, a lot of people were talking about how the old version messed it up and they didn't explain how they knew where uvo was...but actually they did...the guy who called Dalzollene was Nobunaga himself. They used a voice only which was more subtle...maybe too subtle but gotta give credit where credit is due. >.>
Did Shalnark infiltrate the Mafia in the manga? I don't recall anything being explained.
Hey. Finally decided to join this forum after reading through all 300+ pages of the HxH 2011 anime discussion threads (yes, I have no life). I actually happened upon the series by chance and watched the 1999 series before finding out that a remake existed. Then, I discovered this thread and became addicted to the deep debates you guys have
So, hoping I can became a part of those discussions some time soon.
Top 5 moments: (because my roommates are yelling too loud for me to think of 10)
5) Gon after the Hisoka confrontation in 4th Hunter Exam; mostly memorable for me because of the controversy surrounding it. 2011 Gon's burning excitement and silence after losing to Hisoka was such a huge contrast to his breakdown in the 1999 version. And I remember reading a youtube comment where someone said 1999 Gon annoyed the heck out of him while 2011 Gon was "tolerable", then went on to say that it's because Gon never does anything useful until the you-know-what arc (not that I agree with him). It's interesting since in terms of what they accomplish in the series, they're practically the same. I think this scene was one of the real major reasons why.
4) Hisoka vs. Gon in Heavens Arena. Only not at the top of the list since an exclusive fighting-only scene can only rank so far for me. And I remember it being said multiple times that the way Gon is just makes people want to help him. I really felt that here. Not like the millions of other animes out there where I want the main character or the supposed person we're to 'cheer for' to just die under a bus during a major fight.
3) Gotoh coin flip. Most people coming out of watching the old series would be all "OMG KURAPIKA!11!" but since I'm weird, I came out with the coin flip being one of my most memorable moments. And of course, Gon actually being shown to cut his eye was epic.
2) Killua wanting to sacrifice himself for Gon to escape in the recent ep. Didn't stand out to me in the old anime but did here. I think it's because Madhouse handled the tense transition from Killua's dark thoughts to the funny bickering so well.
1) Not just the kill but the black-white-red look on Kurapika's face when Uvo died. His expressions were done excellently and was a great display of Madhouse not trying too hard to "take over" the show like I felt Nippon did at their version of that scene...by making him go through a breakdown like they made Gon.
...Though Pokemon has had a ton of crappy animated moments.
Hope this was a decent first post.
Last edited by Riruru; October 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
^Nice first post, and welcome to the forums
My top 5 moments:
5) Hisoka trolling the ending of the Kurapika vs Uvogin episode, it was just too funny.
4)Killua scaring the crap out of those guys from the Heavens' Arena, or any moment with Killua's assassin's face. MH's way of doing it is really good.
3)Kurapika using the healing thumb chain, it was done pretty nicely.
2)Uvo's death scene, everything was nice about it. How everything went black and white except the blood, how the BGM suddenly got quiet, it was great.
1)Gon vs Hisoka, or more specifically when Gon punched Hisoka in the face. So damn epic.