Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by X3D2YFaust View Post
    What if they intentionally did that because they don't care about the Chimera Ant?

I now have a doubt that they will not be making an anime for the Chimera Ant but I hope I'm wrong and they will be making an anime for the Chimera Ant Arc (crossed fingers)
    Why in the world would they make a new Hunter x Hunter anime from the beginning if they were just going to stop where the old anime left off?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    Why in the world would they make a new Hunter x Hunter anime from the beginning if they were just going to stop where the old anime left off?
    I dont understand why some of these people still doubt they will do Chimera Ant arc despite how many times they have announced that they will or the fact that you see Morel and other Ant arc characters in the original opening as silohette -_-'

Kite backstory can be easily inserted anytime before Ant arc.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Kite backstory can be easily inserted anytime before Ant arc.
    Yes, and they said they will do it "like a drama".

I have a bad feeling about this...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with the ova is it's too dark during the blackout fight and the pace dragged on for way too long.

And now we kinda got the opposite as the pacing hit the floor running. We got 2 episodes done with 1 in madhouse's version.

In the past episodes, I scornfully despised the musical directions and was hoping to God somebody would fire that guy.

But it seems to not annoy me anymore as either they seem to have gotten better at it or somebody just did fire that guy. Like in ep where Squalla died, I thought they were playing the flute music too much but the redundancy kind of added to the ambience and drama of his death.

Aside from that I'm kind of missing the old version of Feitan as this one just reminded me of a down syndrome autistic version of Feitan. Everybody is so far so great for me except him. And I didn't remember liking Nobunaga this much in the 99 and just thought of him as an irritating ass rash.
    Seeing how he's the guy that was so willing to kill Kurapika that he can't contain his excitement, I found it a nice touch that he was the one that was level-headed during the abduction.

7.9/10
    Last edited by HiggsBoson; December 04, 2012 at 01:09 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The pace of the escape attemp in the darkness was way too slow in the OVA... it was way too dragged out, felt like i was watching it in slow motion

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if, in order to perhaps give Togashi more time to create manga content before the anime catches up, the anime might include a "filler" saga around the time of Kite's introduction, expanding on Gon and Killua's interactions with Kite and his team during that interim period between the Greed Island and Chimera Ant Arcs,
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by EverEndingStory; December 08, 2012 at 10:48 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diivil View Post
    The pace of the escape attemp in the darkness was way too slow in the OVA... it was way too dragged out, felt like i was watching it in slow motion
    Yeah it was handled pretty poorly. I thought the OVAs generally had slightly worse music direction/selection as well.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EverEndingStory View Post
    I was wondering if, in order to perhaps give Togashi more time to create manga content before the anime catches up, the anime might include a "filler" saga around the time of Kite's introduction, expanding on Gon and Killua's interactions with Kite and his team during that interim period between the Greed Island and Chimera Ant Arcs, in order to
    Spoiler show
    I'd doubt it.
    Actually, I think the Chimera Ants arc will be really fast in the anime version, like about 39 episodes or so. And I hope the anime will stop around chapter 339 as it'd be a nice ending point; then start somethink like HxH Part II after the manga is near its end.
    Last edited by ZonikStrike; December 08, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member heron bpv's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

^Considering Togashi's tendence of going Hiatus x Hiatus, that may be a emergency necessity.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZonikStrike View Post
    I'd doubt it.
    Actually, I think the Chimera Ants arc will be really fast in the anime version, like about 39 episodes or so. And I hope the anime will stop around chapter 339 as it'd be a nice ending point; then start somethink like HxH Part II after the manga is near its end.
    Wow 39 episodes would be really fast. I think right now Madhouse is adapting more chapters per episode now because the Yorknew chapters had a lot less meat to them than Heaven's Arena; that plus they are trying to make the arc as thrilling as possible since it's akin to a thriller movie. However if I remember correctly, the Greed Island chapters individually were pretty substantial and we'll go back to the 2/2.5 chapter format we were doing before(speculation of course who knows).

I'm gonna estimate the CA Arc is going to be about 45-50 episodes. Based on how Madhouse has been handling chapters so far, they are probably going to condense a lot of the preparation chapters and the actual invasion itself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Riruru's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jam1 View Post
    I fully acknowledge the fact that some people will find the episode easy to understand. My point is that this episode (and possibly the last one as well) gives the impression that the director(s) wanted to end this arc as soon as possible (and with as little attention to details as possible). It does not care for a first-time viewer - someone who does not have any background knowledge of the series. To me it felt like watching a TV recording in fast-forward mode. There were no pauses, no thinking time, no depth. Every character seems to know everything in advance (how did Pakunoda process all those thoughts in a minute or two!?) and just wants to proceed.
    If by depth you mean the show should pause to give viewers the time to sympathize with Paku and comprehend what she's going through, I don't think it was the right time. Actually, I'd argue out of all places to put some good filler stuff on her, this would've been one of the worst. Not only would an extra minute of her stressing out ruin the current momentum and make her thoughts later on weaker, we'd learn nothing. Her being a genius who's suddenly going through all of this without time to think was the intention of the manga. The only other option was to have her stare at a wall for half the episode, which she did.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
    Wow 39 episodes would be really fast. I think right now Madhouse is adapting more chapters per episode now because the Yorknew chapters had a lot less meat to them than Heaven's Arena; that plus they are trying to make the arc as thrilling as possible since it's akin to a thriller movie. However if I remember correctly, the Greed Island chapters individually were pretty substantial and we'll go back to the 2/2.5 chapter format we were doing before(speculation of course who knows).

I'm gonna estimate the CA Arc is going to be about 45-50 episodes. Based on how Madhouse has been handling chapters so far, they are probably going to condense a lot of the preparation chapters and the actual invasion itself.
    Actually, GI chapters are 14-15 pages long, so they should have about 3 ch/ep to make it great.
    And the Palace Invasion chapters were really uninformative, so it wouldn't be strange to have about 6 ch/ep during the Invasion. That leaves us with ~10 episodes for the Invasion, and the rest of the arc could go in normal (~3ch/ep: the chapters are still short) pace which sums up to ~25 episodes. Forget 39, they could even make it in 35 episodes!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riruru View Post
    If by depth you mean the show should pause to give viewers the time to sympathize with Paku and comprehend what she's going through, I don't think it was the right time. Actually, I'd argue out of all places to put some good filler stuff on her, this would've been one of the worst. Not only would an extra minute of her stressing out ruin the current momentum and make her thoughts later on weaker, we'd learn nothing. Her being a genius who's suddenly going through all of this without time to think was the intention of the manga. The only other option was to have her stare at a wall for half the episode, which she did.
    The problem is that the "momentum" is so artificial that one (ok, at least I) will feel that every character is reacting to the situation impossibly quickly. If the characters (and actually any people) are really encountering the events as described in the story, they should express natural emotions of surprise, sadness or ambivalence. I cannot imagine how any person can overcome such emotions in a minute or two (no matter how "urgent" their situation is).
    In my view at least, such emotions are nowhere to be found in the new version. Which is why I said that every character seemed to have "come prepared" for what will be happening to them, and it felt totally awkward to see them like this. Well, they shouldn't know what is going to happen! This is what I meant when I said this anime has "no depth". It reduces the emotional events into mere daily hassles which are only irritating for a while but will then be totally forgotten the next day.
    Last edited by jam1; December 05, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the Ant arc will actually be around 60 episodes and the Election arc will be 10.
    Greed Island I think will be bout 30 episodes I suspect.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Thread Closed
Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast