Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: will there be an alma toran arc? or will an event in this manga ever take place there?

Quote Originally Posted by darkdana666 View Post
    I think this arc will give us a flashback to Alma Toran. Since Aladdin promised to explain everything at the summit. I look forward to it!!!
    i agree with us finding out more about it in this arc

i just believe we may actually get to see alma toran currently, and hopefully have a chance to save it

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: will there be an alma toran arc? or will an event in this manga ever take place there?

I may just be rusty and past explanations, but whenever we see them enter a dungeon it's almost like a vast stairway of light onto another world, and of course at the center is a ruined city that seems to a recreation of Alma Toran. Dungeons are not part of the current world, and they aren't part of the sacred palace so where are they? Are they actually sort of sealed off spaces that exist on Alma Toran or somewhere in limbo between it and the current world? If so then when already have a clue as to the state of Alma Toran and how they would go there, however I believe it is beyond saving. There does not seem to be a need for them to return there, at least.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    Ive been thinking that there is still some way to travel to alma toran

and if that is possible i believe either aladdin and crew will go there to attempt to save that world from its depraved status or at least to fight a battle there

does anyone else think this is possible or impossible?
    Aladdin once mentioned that Alma Torran's story is from another world/dimension and it had nothing to do with the current era they've been living in. So when Alma Torran was destroyed, so as that world/dimension. So it seemed like time traveling won't work.

As Obamamania said, the inside structure of the Dungeons are like recreation of the remains of Alma Torran (Aladdin also described it as a Necropolis).

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, i figured it was uninhabited, but i wasnt sure if alma toran was completely destroyed or not

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    Gotcha, i figured it was uninhabited, but i wasnt sure if alma toran was completely destroyed or not
    If you read back the conversation between Aladdin and Scheherazade, it seems like Alma Torran is completely destroyed. I think it is also why the dungeons have necropolises in it, since these dungeons recreates the world of Alma Torran

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

http://www.uttertopia.com/uploads/2/...96559_orig.png
    Well looks like the OP was right about Gyokuen being Aladdin's mother.
    If the moon magi aka Gyokuen is Aladdin's mother, then that makes Hakuryuu and Hakuei his siblings .
    And his father could be Solomon himself O.O
    Last edited by ladylola; February 21, 2014 at 06:41 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^uhhh it hasn't been confirmed yet. We're not sure if Gyokuen is Aladdin's real mom or the other magi (chap.215) I've read different translations of this chapter, but they didn't actually made a confirmation if Gyokuen is Aladdin's mother.

Young Gyokuen (I assume she's young that time) from Alma Torran has an obvious resemblance to Aladdin, making her look like a genderbent Aladdin... except she doesn't have the mole like on her current apperance. Thus this makes everyone speculate that the Gyokuen from Alma Torran must have possessed Hakuryuu and Hakuei's mom...

Now there's this third magi, another female one, with the two braids. If you've seen the current chapter, Alibaba suspects that she must be Aladdin's mom, she even looked like there's something wrong about her..

We can't be so sure about this stuff, but Ohtaka seemed to like to give us some unseen hints that later on would be useful for us in theory making. Let's take an example about the Fanalis' true form: She used a dog-like beast to represent the Fanalis when they're fighting against the soldiers.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm yes it's not confirmed yet, but when Aladdin's mom was shown she had only one braid. The magi with two braids is a possibility yes, but why would Ohtaka make Alma Toran's Gyoukuen look so much like Aladdin. And you said it yourself she has a different appearance now, which indicates maybe she took possession of Hakuryuu's mom.
    Right now I think there is more chances that she is Aladdin's mom than the third magi . To be fixed we need to see the third magi's face and know her story. For all we know she could be Scheherazade's older self.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mods could you merge this thread with the other alma toran thread please?

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

answer for the thread title: Isn't it the one that's currently happening in the manga?

Edit: I've merged the threads since they have the same topic and discussion
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; February 26, 2014 at 08:23 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuusu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the latest Magi episode made me realize how mistaken I was about something. In the anime, Gyokuen reveals that Aladdin only know her through the memories given to him by Solomon's wisdom, however in the manga her wording is much more vaque ( she stated that he only knows her only through the memories of the rukh or something like that), so before watching this episode I had always assumed (and now I'm just now realizing how absurd that is, because how would she know about that incident) that she meant "memories of the rukh" as in the magic that Aum Madara used with her magic tool. So now that I understand, I have a little theory.

Since Aladdin seemingly only knows about Alma Toran through Solomon's memories and he has no original memories of this second world, could it be possible that the woman he saw due to being affected by that magic tool is not actually his mother, nor a motherly figure to him, but is actually Solomon's mother? Her saying "come here, my sweet Aladdin" could have easily been an additional effect of Aum Madara's magic tool. Her having the same single long braid as Sheba/Gyokuen doesn't tell us much since long, braided hair has been shown repeatedly in this series. It has also been said multiple times that Aladdin does not have a family and even Aladdin himself says in that chapter that he has no mother so her magic didn't have a strong impact on him. What do you all think about that? I apologize if I seem so adamant on the idea that Aladdin has no family, because it would be nice if he did, but I think that her being Aladdin's mother would be way too predictable and I see Ohtaka as a author who usually (though not all the time) avoids being predictable. What do you all think about that?

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you're quoting the Aum Madaura you should look at this page: http://reader.sensescans.com/reader/.../14/129/page/2
    Aladdin: I know you, you are my other world's mother.
    There can be 2 ways to look at this:
    1)Aladdin is Solomon's son.In this case this is actually Aladdin's mother, and not Solomon's. The fact that Ugo is there proves that this is happening when Solomon united the world. Solomon's mother wasn't introduced yet in the Alma Torran arc, and I doubt she' d be that young. Also she refers to him as "my sweet Aladdin" not "my sweet Solomon". So this could be Sheba/Gyokuen herself, or someone else who isn't Solomon's mother.
    2)Aladdin is Solomon's clone/reincarnation: she could be Solomon's mother.So it can't be Sheba. In this case these are not Aladdin's memories, and he has no parent besides Solomon in a way. He's just like Titus.
    I have a theory. Solomon and Sheba had a son, but he died. It would explain how Sheba had fallen. Then Solomon decided to create a clone of his son who could act as a proxy after Alma Torran was destroyed.
    I think all of this mystery will be lifted when we know what Aladdin actually is.If he's Solomon's own son, or just his clone or reincarnation.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

In case everyone doesn't know this, but there is also another story of Aladdin, tho named "Aladdin Abul-shamat" or Ala'al-Din Abu'l-Shamat.

The story of this comes from a merchant who finally have a son after waiting for a long time. The son was kept in a locked room (here, it is said it was a vault) and there he grew, and then eventually he was able to see the outside world by constantly pursuing his merchant father.

I've only read the summary of the story and I don't speak/read Arabian so I really had a difficulty in understanding the whole story. There was also magic jewels powering tools that could have been related to the magic gem Aladdin has in his head. Also Ala'al-Din met Jafar and the guy where Sinbad was based of.

Utmost, this story could also be related to Aladdin's aside from the famous Aladdin and the Magic Lamp story of 1001 Nights.

You can read where I got the info about Aladdin abul-shamat and of the other characters
    HERE.
    Though I'm not quite sure about the info in this post, but hey, it's a really good research and worth reading.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I never heard of that other story, but I can say that Aladdin's story and Alibaba's story weren't in the original script of 1001 nights. They were added later on.There are variations to Aladdin's story. Normally he is locked in the cave after being tricked by a magician to get the lampe, and he normally manages to control the Djinn from the lampe(he also had a minor Djinn that was sealed in a ring). In the other story Aladdin fails to control the Djinn. Aladdin's story is about the search of knowledge, since he came to work for the magician to learn magic.
    It's possible that there's 2 Aladdin characters, since the one in the lampe is from China.I just checked and those two stories are added in the books, and the other name for Aladdin is Aboubakar in the Wonderful lampe so it's not the same character who appears in both stories.
    PS: can anyone tell me from where that picture of Sinbad comes from?
    Last edited by ladylola; March 30, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think about it and besides obvious resemblance to Solomon, Alladin have this obssesion about big breasts just like Wahid XD. Maybe Alladin was creation of Salomon`s and Falan n Wahid son`s rukh (since there is posibilty he is dead). But then why the woman`s siluette, that Alladin called mother was similar to Gyokuen? Is that could be Salomon`s memory of his mother, or is this Gyokuen who is actually his mother or helped Salomon with creating him (and I don`t mean by natural methods).

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast