Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

Okay, first of all, I'm a hardcore research geek, so sorry in advance lol DGM-fans probably know this already, haha
    So here's a rather long post of some observations and theories of mine, complete with pictures xD I just need to get it out of my head, because I really think everyone should note these "hints", because I believe they're important to the story *gasp* So yeah, here we go!

Alma Toran

So, Alma Toran (or «Utopia») was the place that Solomon reigned over. Aladdin hints that this is also his own home village.

Toran language
    We first encounter this mysterious language back in chapter 9. It's a mysterious language both for it's structure, and the fact that it was engraved on the first Dungeon in modern times:

As we know, the Djinn were created by Solomon himself, and back in Alma Toran, they appeared to have been humans:

(^ from chapter 152). Well... isn't it safe to say that the Toran language may have been the language of Alma Toran?
    By the way, someone just recently posted a possible decipher-chart of the Toran language on 2ch (if anyone wanna try to decipher the texts themselves ):
    Spoiler show

Solomon's 3 Magi

The 3 Magi have each a particular scepter/wand; a sun, a crescent moon, and wings. Without any substantial evidence I'm just going to claim that the "sun"-Magi may have been Uugo-kun

Then it seems that the "moon"-Magi is corrupted:

I actually used to think this Magi was Isnan, since it was his "memory" we saw, but in the same chapter we see him with other magicians (early Al Sarmen?)

Later, in yet-to-be-scanlated chapter 152 we see another scene from Alma Toran, where Solomon and the "moon"-Magi is talking (rushly scanlated by me using Aegon-Rokudo's translation, only for the purpose of this post):

According to Aegon, the way this magi speaks suggests that it's a female Magi.

Appearantly Solomon and the "moon"-Magi had a good relationship, but then something must have happened, since she appearantly had "fallen" to the black rukh.

Aladdin's mother
    In chapters 128 and 129 (will probably be scanlated soon ) we get a sneak peak of Aladdin's mother:

The scenery and buildings in the "memory" is similar to Alma Toran's architecture. The guards even have the same spears. Also, Aladdin mentions that he also sees Uugo-kun and "everyone else"... so I guess we could conclude by now that Aladdin came from Alma Toran... But then my theory.. what's bugging me is that Aladdin's mother's silhouette is kind of similar to the "moon"-Magi. Is it possible that she was a Magi too?

At least I am certain that all of the things mentioned above is going to be very important to the story, and that they're slowly revealed bit by bit ^_^ I'd love to hear what you guys think, or if you have other observations/theories
    D.Gray-man, Magi ~ the Labyrinth of Magic, One Piece, Ao no Exorcist

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

It was never stated in the manga that the woman together with solomon in chapter 152 was a magi

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I know, but I've drawn the conclution myself because of the scepter she's holding, since it seems that each Magi has a unique wand of their own :P and the sillhouette is similar to the "moon"-Magi too...

Though, I guess that one could say that it's not blatantly confirmed in the manga that the 3 people behind Solomon is the 3 Magi:

But at least my own head-canon says so best argument there is, right? x'D

By the way, thanks for answering my post, Aegon! I so grateful for all you've done for the manga-fandom!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it is good to hear someone express with actual words his/her appreciation toward my work.

Anyway, by following your theory, the woman talking with solom in chapter 152 is the magi on his right in chapter 115, she also has the same moon scepter and tiara-like thing. In other words you are saying that the black rukh magi is aladdin's mother, right?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think so. But the part Aladdin's mother (possibly) plays in the story is still mysterious to me. A big part of me thinks she is the black-rukh Magi, but she could also have a completely different role we don't know yet. And, uh, she could very well be rather "unsignificant" to the story too... but then it was kind of weird how she was shown in such a... foreshadow-ish way I mean, since it was already established that Aladdin didn't have any relation of having parents... if his mother wasn't significant at all, it would be unnecessary to even introduce her (even if just for "fanservice" and confirmation that Aladdin is not Judal's long-lost brother)... but we'll just have to see what the mangaka has in store for us At least it's fun to speculate in the meantime

(warning: not-so-serious speculation ahead) But then again.. If Aladdin's mother WAS the black-rukhed Magi that may have played a big part in the downfall of Alma Toran, then the Magi-manga sure has some kind of "mother"-issue here. lol, First Au Madara, then Hakuryuu's mom, and now Aladdin's mom? Alibaba's mother being a prostitute is such a super-minimal issue compared to all the other momsters out there *shot*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

The ancient language carved in rock in the island where Zagan was it is the same as the Toran Language? I remembered it was like Poneglyphs in One Piece

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner deatheater251's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

great efforts I really look forward if your theory is true

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the three Magis represent the 3 Biblical magis (Three Kings): Melchor, Baltazar and Gaspar?... Just a thought. I've research a bit about King Solomon, and the stuff that relates to this series, and that's what came up to

And I'm not sure if Aladdin's mother is that Moon-Magi, since it wasn't confirmed (yet) that the Magi was a "female"... Well, I just realized that most of the Magis introduced have braids...

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your theory dude and for this I hope that it will be true.
    Still it's true that we need more info about all of this.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Really interesting read.
    Although I think Ugo was not a Magi, but part of his household of sorts. Above Amon and Paimon, below the huge guy.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting to note that Ugo is the one djinn who is not listed on the 72 demons in "The Lesser Key of Solomon". So I think Ugo was a djinn created after the Alma Toran incident unlike the other djinns who were present during Alma Toran

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I thought about that too! He's not a "normal" djinn, at least, as he was locked inside the "holy room" (or was it some other name? o.o) with Aladdin, and was like a tutor for him for X years...

But to me it seems like he was alive during the Alma Toran-era, as Aladdin notes that Ugo(and "everyone else") is present in the "memory"/flashback-thing with his mother:Chapter 129 page 2

It's just my assumption that it's a flashback from Alma Toran because the architecture and soldiers look the same, but.... it's looks the same, right?

I forgot that I had started this thread! I'm so happy that people want to discuss it

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think so too! I think Ugo is a "Special Djinn"... And didn't Sinbad mentioned before something about the "Strongest Djinn"? <---- I don't remember from what chapter he said this, but I'm sure he mentioned something like this...

And from what Aladdin said "and everyone else", it must be that the djinns he had seen that time...

Please let this thread be revived!

---------- Post added January 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was January 25, 2013 at 10:16 PM ----------

I don't know who are these people and what are their roles in King Solomon's reign. We assumed that they're the human form of the djinns.

The old man in the center must be Amon, the woman on his right might be Paimon, the kid must be Zepar, The one that looked like Sinbad must be Bael, on his left Focalor?, then on the far right side must be Zagan.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Here something that I thought and that was confirmed in chapter 178.

"King Solomon" was refered as the great vessel and the unique king of the old world. As a king vessel, he should be someone unable to use magic.

On the other side, in the manga was several times stated that Solomon created the djinns that are life forms. Again since the magnostadt's arc, it was stated that only magi can create life forms from white rukh.

In chapter 178 Aladdin refers to "King Solomon" as a great magician.

This should be a contradiction, as magicians should not ne able to become king vessel. This means that solomon is a exception to this rule.

Aladdin was several times called "Solomon's proxy", so this points out that he can be an exception just like king Solomon.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^Does that means that Aladdin could be a king himself aside from being a magician??

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast