Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thoughts on Alma Toran, Solomon's magi, Aladdin's mother (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    ^Does that means that Aladdin could be a king himself aside from being a magician??
    Well... first we should define what is a king vessel. Let's suppose that a king vessel is someone with a metal vessel.

All the kings are chosen by a magi, taken to a dungeon and then obtain the metal vessel. According to what Zagan when he had to chose his king and Yamraiha said, magicians cannot be chosen to obtain metal vessels. By this line of thought Aladdin cannot be a king.

Then if we suppose that in alma toran there weren't djinn and there weren't metal vessels, how come that Solomon was a king candidate? Is it really right to suppose that a king is someone with a metal vessel? Maybe not.

Maybe a king candidate is simply someone chosen by the magi. In fact solomon and the other kings were all chosen by the magi, and it should not be forbidden for a magi to choose another magician as a king.

But then again, we should define what does it mean to "choose" someone to be a king.

So there is some probability that aladdin can become a king at the end.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , that's a nice theory but I don't think Aladdin's mother are bad because al tharmen dudes talk about some "father" and if the last boss (problaby will be) be woman it'll be very boring
    and about uugo kun I think he is something like a original djinn and he gave power to king Solomon using the power of the holy room
    and I think he is Aladdin's dad that's my theory

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think mothers have a lot of importance in this manga lol
    The arc with Aum Madaura... Gyokuen, Anise, and even Sche can be considered somewhat of one.. There's Sinbad's mother too
    Gyokuen really scares me, It's been a while since I've felt so creeped by a shounen villain before. I still like her though.
    Spoiler show

I'm really interested as to why Al Thamen are so bent on destroying the world.
    Last edited by Kalyra; March 25, 2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Forgot about Esla

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If... IF Aladdin would become a king at the end, then what will happen to his King candidate? If he were to be a king, wouldn't that seem to be contradicting the concept of a Magi as " the one that selects royalty"?...

And I really wonder what does Isnan (I hate the new naming convention Ithnan) meant when he called Aladdin as "Solomon's Proxy" and his words "We will never meet/see eye to eye with him (King Solomon)".

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Schneider's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    If... IF Aladdin would become a king at the end, then what will happen to his King candidate? If he were to be a king, wouldn't that seem to be contradicting the concept of a Magi as " the one that selects royalty"?...

And I really wonder what does Isnan (I hate the new naming convention Ithnan) meant when he called Aladdin as "Solomon's Proxy" and his words "We will never meet/see eye to eye with him (King Solomon)".
    First of all, Aladdin is not like the 3 Magi, he's an exception and he said that in this page

concerning Alibaba, I think it's not suitable for him to be the king, cause he wasn't able to be just Balbadd's king, let alone being the world's great king
    in addition, Aladdin seems to be the right choice for this mission as he resembles too much Solomon. and also, having Solomon's wisdom make him preferable to be his successor.
    Last edited by Dark Schneider; March 28, 2013 at 05:55 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

You know Relory, I salute you for making up this thread!!

Some of the theories were seemed proven in the current chapter!
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

More questions seem to be raised now than before, because we already knew he was Solomon's "proxy".

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Senjutsu's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it that Alladin is Solomon's son? shown in Magi 23 page 21

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    Spoiler show

More questions seem to be raised now than before, because we already knew he was Solomon's "proxy".

Maybe Solomon's proxy means Solomon's Son, (Remember what Chagan Shaman of kouga clan said, that alladin is beloved son of Solomon)

and being his son, he will also be loved by rukh. and being loved by rukh is being a magi.

And that's why Gyokuen called him fellow magi.

what i don't know if Gyokuen is alladin's mother since Gyokuen is a bitch and shes been a wife of 2 (or even more) emperor of Ren Empire. (alladin vision of mother assembles the figure of Ren Gyokuen)

Just a thought
    Last edited by Senjutsu; August 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Typo.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

well after 193 heres one of my theory that i have been working lately ...so here goes my theory

there are 2 treacherous magi instead of one and gyokuen was not probably the " first "one to betray solomon... okey thats a speculation based on manga drawings of chapter 115 and 193 ... i know it could be far fetched but let me explain my thoughts ...

in chapter 115 we see for the first time the veiled face of a magi holding the moon staff , i believe thats not gyoken ( but we find gyokuen as treacherous magi holding the moon staff in chapter 193 ) rather her identity as magi was never veiled therefore only option remains that she is the magi of the wing ... now look at both pictures

chapter 115
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...2/c115/16.html
    chapter 193
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...D/c193/17.html

now here is the interesting part in next chapter (chapter 194)
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...BD/c194/3.html
    at the end panel the veiled face which resembles the face from chapter 194 says there " WE will sink this world into darkness " , now here's the questions
    1. why the face is veiled when treacherous magi is revealed just now ??
    2. why the face said "we" ?
    3. it could not have been isnan , because he is dead now after ch 115 ( this veiled face shown again in 194) , and we all know he was not magi, his face was shown among the chaos of alma toran destruction.

now this" we " could mean al -shermen but am pretty sure the veiled face is not gyokuen and both magi (or first the veiled one then gyokuen ) betrayed solomon therefore here we stands for beginning of al-shermen or first 2 magi to form al-shermen .also another example of the veiled face magi
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...2/c115/13.html

now as gyokuen said they are forms based on thoughts and al-shermen becomes clay doll after defeat , we can assume that death is not a issue for al-shermen ...
    so gyokuens husband who died in fire might not be dead afterall and very well is the 1st magi to betray solomon whose face is still not shown where gyokuens face as solomons 3 magi is shown from the beginning ...

killing of her husband and son can fuel hakuryu and if thats an "itachi" pulled by gyoken to make him fall into depravity . also judal seemed to give a hand to hakuryue on that case... so ultimately that will make judal work for gyokuen to fuel haku to fall in depravity . actually that will be the case if we find proof of judal is working with gyoken ...
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...5/c148/16.html

also some another deep mystery is the concept of one world, one language , one king, one king vessel .... i think ren kouha will find the truth very soon after the war ends , we might not have to wait very long for that .
    Last edited by headless nick; September 19, 2013 at 08:32 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

If she's the magi of the wind, then why does she hold the moon staff all that time during that chapter? I think it's pretty obvious that she's the moon magi, the one and only magi who betrayed Solomon. Only one magi has his face veiled, with an evil look on his face here:http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...2/c115/16.html
    If another magi betrayed Solomon I don't see why Ohtaka wouldn't veil his face too.
    Besides it's not just the moon staff that matches the one of the treacherous magi, it's the whole outfit(compare the turban it's the same).Also another proof about Gyokuen being the treacherous Magi, is how her face is blacked out here: http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...BD/c194/3.html
    She has the same evil and blood injected eyes as the treacherous Magi.
    To me and to pretty much everyone who read chapter 193 she is the magi who betrayed Solomon, and there's only one magi who betrayed him to our knowledge.
    Gyokuen's first husband was human and wasn't part of Al Thamen. He died along with his first two sons because I think he find out the truth about the organization and about Gyokuen.Maybe not about the fact that she's a magi, but about how evil/depraved she is. Also the Kou empire is being manipulated by Al Thamen all this time to achieve their goals.
    As for Judal we still have to see how he'll react to all this. I kinda hope that he's working for himself, and isn't manipulated anymore by Al Thamen, after Aladdin showed him his past and "changed his life". But still it wouldn't change the fact that he's fallen into depravity, and his words to Hakuryuu when he lost to Gyoukuen aren't very reassuring. To me there's a big chance that Hakuryuu will fall into depravity,to gain more power, the power to destroy Gyoukuen and Al Thamen which ironically will serve Al thamen's goals.
    What I'm more worried about is Mogamett's speach. The way Ohtaka focuses on Sinbad in this panel: http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...D/c197/14.html, right after Mogamett said those words, makes me think that he might fall into depravity(he's half way fallen after all).
    And last but not least, I'm curious to know Ugo's name back in Alma Torran. There's two possibilities imo . He might be the male Magi that used to serve under Solomon, the one who wields the Sun staff.He may have been turned to a Djinn and became the guardian of the palace. I'm saying that based on the fact that he's not part of the 72 Djinns that normally should exist. Also he doesn't have a dungeon and can't leave the palace, which means he's different from other Djinns.
    The other possiblity is....he's Solomon himself. After all he was the only one in the palace, and he sent Aladdin to the other world...But I think the first one makes more sense at this point.
    Last edited by ladylola; September 19, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

@ladylola

yes i have explained it before why moon stuff could be in gyokuens possesion according to my theory of two treacherous magi

1. gyokuens face is even veiled after the revelation . why? the same face was also veiled in chapter 115
    http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...BD/c194/3.html
    2.if not that makes two female magi
    3.the mismatching staffs could be the only thing that deviates our mind from another treacherous magi
    4.during the flashbacks we were never shown once what Hakuryuu's father looked like, which could be that his identity is saved for later. Also, why give Hakuryuu brothers with such little panel time when his father's murder was enough to make him hate his mother?
    5.right now both staffs could be on gyokuens possession as haku's father is out of scenario , or someone who had the moon staff is controlling her ...

anyway all of these are speculations

ugo might be the only trusted magi and solomon made him gurdian of sacred palace after alma toran's destruction
    sinbad's fallen half is so much hinted that am starting to doubt that he might not be used as evil anymore...rather his fallen half could be used in some other way to solve problems or controlling dark rukh...but he becoming arrogant is a strong possibility for now

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I don't see how Hakuryuu's father could be a Magi. If he were a magi he wouldn't die so easily in a fire now would he? Besides at this point it's strongly hinted that Gyoukuen with the help of Al Thamen killed both of her husbands, for the sole purpose of becoming Empress herself, so that she can control the Kou Empire completely.The first one died in a fire along with his two sons. The second was most likely poisoned .
    Oh I think you got a confused a bit .There's two female magis , Gyokuen the moon magi (the one whose face is veiled) AND the Wind magi. And only one male magi with the Sun staff.And don't trust the anime too much because it came out before all those events were explained, and because it doesn't follow up the manga to the letter. I'm saying this because in the anime they gave the moon magi a male voice.
    At this point it doesn't really matter to know which magi is the one who betrayed Solomon. We know that at least one of them did and is at the center of the Kou empire(Gyokuen).Al thamen is going to search for another medium, someone strong. It's most likely gonna be Hakuryuu, unless they surprise us with someone else.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand some of the points, especially that one magi whose face has been veiled. I don't know why you're making such big fuss about the magi's veiled face and assuming that because of that there had become two treacherous magi. It should have been completely understood that Gyokuen is the one and only treacherous one among Solomon's magi.

Veiling of faces. We can see this technique has been used quite alot among Ohtaka's works. It doesn't necessarily mean that veiling one's face means that there has to be another. I mean, sometimes this technique is used to cover up a very creepy face to emphasize the darkness and anger, or sometimes, it could be that the mangaka is too lazy to draw the whole face Plus the reason why the anime used a deep male voice for the veiled magi is because they simply don't know what would be the magi's gender.

And about Hakuryuu's father and brother, welp, they've given such small panel/importance because they're simply... dead.

What I had in my mind, if Gyokuen is the real Gyokuen, the mother of Hakuryuu and Hakuei. What if the current Gyokuen is not the real one? What if the real Gyokuen has died, or has been killed a long time ago? How about Ugo-kun? What does the last panel in chapter 197 mean that he have an "Alma Torran name"?
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; September 20, 2013 at 09:05 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

will there be an alma toran arc? or will an event in this manga ever take place there?

Ive been thinking that there is still some way to travel to alma toran

and if that is possible i believe either aladdin and crew will go there to attempt to save that world from its depraved status or at least to fight a battle there

does anyone else think this is possible or impossible?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member darkdana666's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: will there be an alma toran arc? or will an event in this manga ever take place there?

I think this arc will give us a flashback to Alma Toran. Since Aladdin promised to explain everything at the summit. I look forward to it!!!

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast