Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luffy will die before or after he finds the One Piece?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TobiOrNotTobi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy will die before or after he finds the One Piece?

To be honest it shouldn't even be a secret, Luffy WILL die imo considering the fact that 10years of his life are gone through the hormone treatment by Ivankov.

Oda doesn't just come up with that without any reason behind it especialy since the downside got played on the storys main character Luffy.

Will he be PK by that time before he dies? I got the feeling that OP will end how it started.

That Luffy (refered to Gold Roger) will let people know before he dies that they should believe in their dreams and that the One Piece really exists. We will see a scene of many "new" pirates going for what Luffy will say and keep on with the age of pirates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy will die before or after he finds the One Piece?

I am pretty sure he will Die after he found one piece. Mostly because every living being dies

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Why should he die ?I think we'll see the end of this story with Luffy still alive and finally accomplishing his dream that is to become the PK and to find the great treasure One Piece .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Since there's no afterlife world where Luffy is able to come back from, he won't die - not even in the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiOrNotTobi View Post
    Luffy WILL die imo considering the fact that 10years of his life are gone through the hormone treatment by Ivankov.
    Well, Iva-chan is such drama queen! I'm pretty sure that's one of his lines you can't take seriously as he made a mountain out of a molehill IMHO.

What's a rather more interesting part was the revelation on both Roger and Whitebeard becoming ill. Roger gave himself to the marines, Whitebeard decided to throw himself into one final battle. But I don't see Luffy getting anywhere close to that state as the New World Saga is the last one. There's not gonna be another time skip, so why should Luffy die at an age of 19 years?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So to clear things up. I made a joke because everyone knows that every human / living beeing has to die some day. (Old age and stuff).

I didnt mean that he will get a heart attack right after he will find one piece or something xD.

But to be fair. I could imagine that he could die at the end of the story Gold Roger style. But this is also very unlikely because Luffy and the others will find another answer to what to do with what the will found at raftel than Gold Roger.

The key to this is. Roger wass ill from the beginning of his journey to get One Piece, when he found it he hat barely enough time to change anything so he startet a flame amoung all the young pirates. now everyone is chasing after one piece, but only the worthy can get there.

I think luffy has enough time to change things after he found out what is on raftel. THats why its very unlikely that he will share the same fate as roger did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest it shouldn't even be a secret, Luffy WILL die imo considering the fact that 10years of his life are gone through the hormone treatment by Ivankov.
    Pretty sure Iva meant total lifespan. Unless you think Luffy was gonna die at the age of 27 without Iva's treatment?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If Luffy was to die just after finding One Piece, it would be a complete failure. Gold Roger has very likely created One Piece so that the next Pirate King could accomplish something he couldn't (because of his illness). The Straw Hat is the symbol of this burden passed from Roger onto the next generation.

So things will happen after it is found - think about Poseidon, think about Whitebeard's last words, think about the Revolutionary movement, think about the Void Century, think about the Ancient Kingdom. I'm sure everything is linked. To me, finding One Piece is going to create an historical change for the whole humanity - not simly granting Luffy wealth, fame and power.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; August 22, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably after. I've the same feeling.
    He can't get old, He wont survive the big war after he finds Raftel and the secrets of the World Government.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member TobiOrNotTobi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Pretty sure Iva meant total lifespan. Unless you think Luffy was gonna die at the age of 27 without Iva's treatment?
    Or that. I'm aware that he won't die at the age of 27.

But Oda could've simply made it that way: Ivankov explains how there's only a 10% chance that luffy would make it alive for this to create tension. But cutting 10years regardles if it's 10 years from now on or in a meaning towards his total lifespan, mentioning a downside like that if it doesn't affect luffy in any way later one makes no sense to me.

That's what is bothering me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered about that I definetly believe he'd become PK first, though I don't think he'd die gold roger style. I always thought it'd somehow wind up bigger than that.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If we take what Iva said as foreshadow, I think Luffy might die sometime soon after he finds One Piece and becomes the pirate king. I don't think he'll surrender like Roger, but he'll probably go out fighting. If Iva was being too dramatic or Oda disregards that in any way, then I can see Luffy living for years.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I could imagine that Luffy contracts the same "incurable" disease Roger had but curing this disease and saving Luffy could be a way for Chopper to achieve his dream of being a doctor who can cure all diseases.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda doesn't just come up with that without any reason behind it especialy since the downside got played on the storys main character Luffy.

Will he be PK by that time before he dies? I got the feeling that OP will end how it started.

That Luffy (refered to Gold Roger) will let people know before he dies that they should believe in their dreams and that the One Piece really exists. We will see a scene of many "new" pirates going for what Luffy will say and keep on with the age of pirates.
    Don't most people live till 80? So he would live till 70. Not really sure what the shock was for that, considering that doesn't really affect his life by much.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

ONE PIECE does not end when u find one One Piece !!!! hope that answered ur Q. if u still think No it didn't. the answer is no.
    Last edited by goldb; September 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHeeDeD View Post
    ONE PIECE does not end when u find one One Piece !!!! hope that answered ur Q. if u still think No it didn't. the answer is no.
    u r right when one piece will b found there will be big war and luffy is one of main participant of that war
    Last edited by goldb; September 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast