Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: M-24: What is he really?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clone

2 40.00%
  • Undead

1 20.00%
  • Just brainwashed

0 0%
  • Other(please post)

2 40.00%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 251 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 251 Review

Hello all! I skipped last week's review because there really wasn't much to talk about than I hadn't said in the previous week but since things seem to have moved along a little more I'm back.

The poll I put up a couple weeks back was to see how much people really cared about the M-24 plot thread; since I've obviously not been a huge fan. I'm pleased by how diverse the votes were. The majority seems to be trending toward the low interest side but there are some that seem to be on-board. Which, in my view, is a very good thing.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

"I'm looking at por....I mean, I'm spying!"

This week resumes where the previous week left off, with M-21 asking Raizel to try and awaken M-24; which genuinely pisses Frankenstein off due to the fact that doing so will cost his master a great deal of his dwindling life force.

Raizel though immediately says he will do it if that is what M-21 wants. Frankenstein tries to talk him out of it but Raizel tells him that, if it may help M-21's comrade, then he is willing to do it. This takes M-21 aback, and he retracts the request as hurting one comrade to save another is not something he wants.

After M-21 leaves, Frankenstein tries once more to caution his master that he won't last if he keeps using his power as readily as he has been. Raizel, apologizes to Frankenstien but also says that it is his will to protect those around him for as long as he is here. Leaving the impression that he has no intentions of stopping.

M-21 meanwhile heads down the lab where he finds a green eyed M-24 searching the computer. He's suspicious but M-24 plays it off like he was searching for information on his medical condition. Then things get a little tense when M-24 tries to press M-21 for information on who Frankenstien is. Eventually M-21 yell at him. which seems to break the green eyed trance leaving M-24 confused and M-21 concerned.

Elsewhere in the city we seen Yuri and 11th Elder some guy who is absolutely not the 11th Elder, despite what some silly reviewer thought, standing on a rooftop overlooking the city. Yuri tries to make small talk but after a bit the 11th Elder guy vanishes leaving the distinct impression that he doesn't like or trust Yuri much at all.

Back in Frankenstien's lab M-21 goes into his green-eyed trance again but this time seems self aware for a bit and tries to shrug it off but ultimately fails and goes back to breaking into Frankenstein's computer files. At the same time, Tao and Takeo turn on the security feed and this time M-24 seems to have been caught red handed.

Chapter Review

Shut up Yuri....

Substance

Finally we seem to be getting somewhere. The M-24 situation continues to come to a head. His behavior is starting to be noticed by other people and by himself. It probably won't be too long until he's fully found out but the real question is "What then?".

We also got our first glimpse of the 11th Elder some guy, who is not who I thought he was. He's seems to be a serous man who dresses like a dandy but looks pretty hard-boiled (cool face scar and everything). He also seems to dislike Yuri which is a sign of him being a few IQ points higher than the last bunch.

Raizel again showed his willingness to use his power, and life, without hesitation. This is not really a revelation but I think it speaks to something I've often noted about his character. That he really isn't all that interested in living longer if the price of doing so is failing to do what he thinks is right. He's dying and he knows it, to him how he lives out his final days is more important than how many days there actually are.

Presentation

A short but very solid looking chapter. The artwork was definitely back up to the average maybe a little above; even if it lacked anything flashy.

The pacing was improved in the sense that the M-24 stuff was spread out making it more easy for me to take.

Final Rating

A pretty short but solidly put together chapter. The emotion seems to be powering down from the soap opera-ish levels it's been at for the last few chapters, which helped my enjoyment a great deal. Though things are still moving slowly, now I feel like what they are moving towards is more tangible.

So I give it a 3 out of 5

My Previous Predictions(Current Record 17-18)

Not ready to drop any of these yet.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    M-24's fate. What will it be? And what do you think it should be?
    Last edited by Jammin; September 25, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: That guy is not the 11th Elder
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheBoss's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 251 Review

Idk if its only me but I think he should go back to the realm of the dead
    Seriously reviving characters for whatever the reason its never a smart choice (The Breaker doesn't count only because it's Shi-Ho ).
    About Rai-nim dying I can't help but feeling sad but I would like to know if there will be another noblesse or idk... maybe Shinwoo? haha

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zales88's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

as a prediction for death of M-24 my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by zales88 View Post
    As a prediction (future not next chapter) M-24 will kill himself in front of M-21 or M-21 will be forced to kill him (with tears in his eyes) which will awaken his full transformation in wearewolf so he can kill some strong guy.
    as a review I'm not sure why you say this new guy is 11-th elder?? maby I'm looking in a diffrent translation but in my opinion he is top serwant of 10-th elder and also a spy of crombwell (as Yurii)
    Bleach|D.Gray-Man|Detective Conan|Eyeshield21|Full Metal Alchemist|Gantz|Hajime no Ippo|Katekyou Hitman Reborn|Liar Game|Mahou Sensei Negima|Naruto|One Piece|Pluto|Vagabond|Veritas|Zetman|History Strongest Desciple Kenichi|Bitter Virgin|H2|Mx0|Old Boy|20th Century Boys|Battle Royale|Black Cat|Blue Heaven|Death Note|Devil&Devil|Flame of Recca|Hikaru no GO|Hot Blooded Woman|Monster|Prince of Tennis|Rouruni Kenshin|Slam Dunk|Berserk|Futari Ecchi|Golden Boy|Unbalanced x Unbalanced
    and more

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think m 24 is brainwashed Clone .
    new guy is crombell's spy in 10th elders group right

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zales88 View Post
    as a prediction for death of M-24 my post:

as a review I'm not sure why you say this new guy is 11-th elder?? maby I'm looking in a diffrent translation but in my opinion he is top serwant of 10-th elder and also a spy of crombwell (as Yurii)
    Upon rereading you are correct. In fact he it's evident that he is not the 11th Elder. My opinion that he was came mostly from the respectful tone in which Yuri spoke to him but there is a line that says....

"The Elders will be arriving tomorrow"

Not sure how a missed that, thanks for pointing it out! I have made the necessarily tongue in cheek edtis.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 25, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply