Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

9 7.96%
  • 2] Average

12 10.62%
  • 3] Good

37 32.74%
  • 4] Great

45 39.82%
  • 5] Epic

10 8.85%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 683 Discussion

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Discussion / 684 Prediction

I would feel ripped off by Oda if he didn't draw vergo and Law initial exchanges, and only showed us their fight since the moment in which Law tries to get back his heart. ... But yes, it could be that Vergo arrived by his own means, (not teleported by Law) and after some exchanges, Law activated his Room power exclusively to get back his heart.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 05, 2012 at 08:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The main reason for Luffy's falling is so that the others can have the moment to shine(for now at least).But like someone said when the time comes,he will probably be at right place at the right time to save the day and to take care of Ceasar like he is supposed to.

On an other topic i hope that Baby 5 and Buffalo are really strong caracters because it seems to me like the Doflamingos are seriously outnumber against the Strawhats and co.From my perspective their defeat is obvious(maybe to obvious).But Knowing Oda he'll probably surprise us(at least i hope).This is the first real treat that the Strawhats encounter since the timeskip(for i never considerd Hordi and his fellow as a treat) so i hope expect an exciting outcome.
    Last edited by Rody naruto; October 05, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tego809's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont usually comment but I wanted to thank all of you guys for doing so. As soon as i finish reading the new manga episode i come to this page to see what you guys have to say. and its great, keep the good work. I been fallowing this page for a long time, and i know there are other guys who, like me, come here to see the comments, explanation and predictions.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    I would feel ripped off by Oda if he didn't draw vergo and Law initial exchanges, and only showed us their fight since the moment in which Law tries to get back his heart. ... But yes, it could be that Vergo arrived by his own means, (not teleported by Law) and after some exchanges, Law activated his Room power exclusively to get back his heart.
    Oda did the ellipse, there is no other explanation. It didn't bother me that much and it hasted a pace which some here find already to slow.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Oda did the ellipse, there is no other explanation. It didn't bother me that much and it hasted a pace which some here find already to slow.

Mmm, that panel tells everything the Oda chooses to tell us about those previous exchanges. So, the narrative of the chapter is focused much more on the meanings of that fight for the whole plot, than in the physical details. But, still there are many questions about how Law's DF works and about what are Vergo's powers. And to me it will be nice to have some explanations,... some panels more with drawings of their power exchanges in this chapter could serve that purpose. But Oda seems to think this is not the moment to tell us about it, thought I hope he explains it in some moment.

In fact, now I'm wondering how could Law have an electrical attack?
    Last edited by ukimix; October 06, 2012 at 05:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

In fact, now I'm wondering how could Law have an electrical attack?
    I think that's only to show that some kind of sudden force is transmitted. The same "flashes" appeared when Vergo squeezed Law's heart.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    I think that's only to show that some kind of sudden force is transmitted. The same "flashes" appeared when Vergo squeezed Law's heart.
    As an effect of Law's counter shock attack Vergo's body is burned, see the smoke spouring out of it. When Law is attacked by Vergo squeezing his heart, flashes around Law's body represent pain, (there is no smoke there). Flashes on the moment counter shock attack is effected over Vergo's body represent something different, something that can burns, which we could interpret as electricity.

Spoiler show

Is not that counter shock attack is the defibrillator of the surgeon of death?
    Last edited by ukimix; October 06, 2012 at 05:35 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the attack is electricity based then we may just have a hint on what's Vergo's DF ability.

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Not electricity. Those sparks appeared even when Luffy one hit KO-ed Pacifista. It's a strong punch, kick, blow, force transfer. And I don't think Vergo is burned, just bruised. If Law just transfered the force of the damage he caused to him back to Vergo, don't you think the damage would be shown on the outside? Vergo's body received punishment, on the inside and outside, that's why he's smeared and bruised, and blood went out of his mouth. The fact that he can keep going shows his toughness and durability.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Well, if the attack is electricity based then we may just have a hint on what's Vergo's DF ability.

Spoiler show
    But then again, static electricity would explain why things get stuck to Vergo's face

Still don't think there was any electricity in any of attacks.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangarule version out:

http://mangarule.altervista.org/blog...ece-ch-683-hq/

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I wonder why Law is panting before to bring back Vergo with his Room or at least in the moment he activates Room to bring him back.
    probably when vergo arrived they already fought a bit,law tanked his strikes and escaped,but when he succeeded in taking his heart back,vergo kicked him.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

But you people forget the smoke. Law's attack on Vergo produces smoke. That's why I talk about electricity. If it is something different, ok, but in any case it has to produce smoke someway.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the name "shock" and the design highly suggest it is an electric attack. The sound effect 'Don' doesn't help unfortunately. バチ seems to mean crackle.
    If Law can play with the electrons in his room, he could create static electricity. It's a bit farfetched but why not. I hope Oda will explain it one day in a SBS.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ceasar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But you people forget the smoke. Law's attack on Vergo produces smoke. That's why I talk about electricity. If it is something different, ok, but in any case it has to produce smoke someway.
    Yeah, the attack was electricity based and surely apart of what makes law the surgeon of death. Defibrillator must be what the d in death stands for. That allows for the shock ability e is for exchange, a is for amputate, t for transport and h is still unknown. These all have to do with abilities a surgeon has in hospital settings its just a hypothesis: I am sure others have figured out and have had also.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ewpost&t=62941 What's your favorite zanpakuto release command I want to know? Click the link http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ewpost&t=63012 What is the worst zanpakuto ability and other techniques I want to know?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Not electricity. Those sparks appeared even when Luffy one hit KO-ed Pacifista. It's a strong punch, kick, blow, force transfer. And I don't think Vergo is burned, just bruised. If Law just transfered the force of the damage he caused to him back to Vergo, don't you think the damage would be shown on the outside? Vergo's body received punishment, on the inside and outside, that's why he's smeared and bruised, and blood went out of his mouth. The fact that he can keep going shows his toughness and durability.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

But then again, static electricity would explain why things get stuck to Vergo's face

Still don't think there was any electricity in any of attacks.
    But there was smoke coming from Vergo's body. As far as I know, even though we've seen those electricity-like drawings elsewhere when there was a punch, we've never seen smoke rising from the victim's body. This does look much more like an electricity based attack

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    But there was smoke coming from Vergo's body. As far as I know, even though we've seen those electricity-like drawings elsewhere when there was a punch, we've never seen smoke rising from the victim's body. This does look much more like an electricity based attack
    You can't make me change my mind. The fact that there's smoke doesn't need to imply electricity. Perhaps smoke is a side effect of something else. Not saying it's impossible that it was electricity, just saying I don't think so. If it was electricity, it's weird that Vergo's hair remained the same it was. Oda wouldn't pass a detail like that one. Also, what's with the bleeding from the mouth?

Those sparkles appear much too often to atribute them to Law's attack just like that.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

New Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast