Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

9 7.96%
  • 2] Average

12 10.62%
  • 3] Good

37 32.74%
  • 4] Great

45 39.82%
  • 5] Epic

10 8.85%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 683 Discussion

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Discussion / 684 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    He was not really scratched, he was just in pain. Whereas his face is injured at the beginning of the chapter. And he can't have external injuries because Vergo squeeze his heart, that doesn't make sense.
    Hmm it does seem strange but let's not forget that we don't know what exactly happened between them right from the start right . Oda just showed us the final of their battle , who knows what happened when Vergo 1st arrived at Law's location . I'm guessing at 1st they fought without Vergo using Law's heart , just teaching him a lesson just like DoFlamingo wanted . After all he did say to finish him as cruelly as possible right ?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Surgeon can't teleport objects in a room. I don't think operation has to be taken that literally but that's only my opinion
    No they can't, but they can get anything without moving just like Law. Law's teleporting ability is based on the fact a surgeon can get anything which is inside his (operating) room thanks to his assistants.

I like the theory that Law may have teleported Vergo because he knew he was about to faint. In any case, it's obvious Law's been panting even before the fight because Vergo was crushing his heart while flying towards the SAD room.

Law was defeated in such an easy way by Vergo because he'd gotten his heart. That's what explains Law's talk before he faints. Even if Vergo was stronger than Law, there is no way he could have defeated him in such a small amount of time.

If you think about it, Sanji's fight against Vergo likely lasted longer than Law's, and Sanji was safe - compared to Law - when he and Vergo left each other. I'm sure if Law had been in a normal situation, the fight would only be at his beginning.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what kind of jawdropp oda will make luffy find in that garbage room. it's just that I don't like when he wastes time in this way,although that kind of found weapon always turns out to be decisive.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand why people cannot accept that the counter-shock was electrical. This attack is based on a defibrilator which is an object which gives an electrical shock in order to reactivate a heart - Enel was also able to use his own electrical powers as a defibrilator.

The smoke that Oda drawn after the counter-shock Law gave Vergo was the mere consequence of the massive electrical shock Law decided to use on Vergo's body, as ukimix said. If it had been a simple eletrical shock (or just a shock), there would have been no smoke.

By the way, it's likely Law's counter-shock is normally a one hit K.O. attack which works as a heart attack. I think he used such a massive counter-shock - so massive the internal electrical shock became visible and smoke/heat come out of the body - in order to stop Vergo's heart from beating.

That would explain Law's final phrase "It's not working" even though Vergo did get injured and stopped - see the blood leaving his mouth. The shock was meant to stop Vergo's heart, not exactly to injure him.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; October 08, 2012 at 03:23 PM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member V1c0's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi People, after a long time only reading the coments i just can't be quiet because there are some people saying that Law teleported Vergo with his heart.
    I don't think that he did this, i think that he only teleported his heart.
    Vergo was in front of him praticaly at the same time because his extremely fast speed that is mentioned by Smoker when he and Luffy meets Caesar and Monet some caps before.

That's it.

Sorry for the bad english.

Oh, yes! Almost forgot, my prediction is that Smoker will got beaten by Vergo =].
    Just my First Sign =]
    Brazil MEMBER

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rayleigh View Post
    Law was defeated in such an easy way by Vergo because he'd gotten his heart. That's what explains Law's talk before he faints. Even if Vergo was stronger than Law, there is no way he could have defeated him in such a small amount of time.

If you think about it, Sanji's fight against Vergo likely lasted longer than Law's, and Sanji was safe - compared to Law - when he and Vergo left each other. I'm sure if Law had been in a normal situation, the fight would only be at his beginning.
    Like someone mention it earlier,i think the main reasons why Law went down so easily(even though his hearth had a role to play with it) is the same reason why Ussop lasted that long when he fought Luffy.Because they know each other.Vergo have probably seen Law growing as he was mastering his Devil fruit hence Vergo knew Law's weakness and strenght which makes it easier for him to beat Law.

When two opponent start their fight the first step is to test each other strenght before to get serious.And this is the reason i think Vergo vs Sanji's fight lasted that long.Because they were evaluating each other strenght while in the contrary when Vergo fought Law he obviously skipped that part since they already knew one an other and also because Vergo is taking Law's betrayal personnaly.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the main reason why Law went down so easily is because Law did not calculate vergo being there.

In normal circumstances, he would have beaten Vergo, or atleast put up a strong fight. Since Vergo has Law's heart, there is nothing Law cna do. He did try to use room and get his heart back, but Vergo was too quick.
    All vice admirals a re good haki users, so shichibukais falling to them shouldnt be very surprising either.

Coming to Smoker vs Vergo, this will give law enough time to gather his heart, and probably get to caesar and put the heart in smoker as well...
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShoheiChono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only had time to read the last couple pages of discussion, but I wanted to throw out the prediction that Luffy is going to meet up with Momonosuke.... and that he is going to be some cool looking Dragon Samurai. I remember that Monet said something like "unless he can fly he's a goner" (paraphrasing obviously). Why would Oda give us all this build up with dragons, and also toss the main character into a well, just to waste time. Seems more likely to me that the one person in the straw hat crew not looking for the kid is the one who ends up finding him. Sort of how the one guy (smoker) trying his best not to help out Law is going to be the one to save him. Just my two cents.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that funny odd couple moment a few chapters back between Luffy & Smoker debating over who they're gonna fight, is gonna pop up again as one of those mano-a-mano fights. CC seems to be on his way to the SAD room to ensure Law doesn't mess it up, but that would leave Smoker with two enemies. Luffy likes Smoker and he's always been about letting people capable of it, fight their own fights. I'm seeing Smoker being pushed back, and when CC tries to help Vergo Luffy will step in, riding the Momo-dragon, and stop him.

Smoker picks up the pace & goes all tsundere wondering why he's fighting better after Luffy shows up. But i still don't think he can finish him.

Also something I wondered about is the likeliness of the Straw Hats going to Dress Rosa. I think that would only happen if CC got away and they chased him there. More likely would be Baby 5 & Buffalo end up close to the island and intercept a Marine message calling for help in transporting the kids, they call Doffy and for the first time we see him angry as he sets his eyes on the Straw Hats.

FuS
    Last edited by Rosebullet Teacher; October 09, 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: doubledab

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't, please visit Community Awards 2012. Your contribution is valuable to us.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by V1c0 View Post
    Hi People, after a long time only reading the coments i just can't be quiet because there are some people saying that Law teleported Vergo with his heart.
    I don't think that he did this, i think that he only teleported his heart.
    Vergo was in front of him praticaly at the same time because his extremely fast speed that is mentioned by Smoker when he and Luffy meets Caesar and Monet some caps before.

i agree with u but if that the case, then he allowed Sunji to hit him 2 times coz he just does not care. Meaning he knew that Sunji's hits won't affect him fatally. if Vergo super fast he woulda avoid those 2 hits from Sunji, and if hes so fast that matches the speed of telep. then he woulda actually avoid the electrical shock. but i think Vergo is so Tanki and he would take any hit from normal pirate and those are less than 350. meaning becoz i have no scale to measure strength. i would say Luffy before time skip has no chance against Vergo, Law, Kid, and all the other supernova. He's on another lvl when it comes taking hit ,meaning being tanki. we saw tekkai and that about the strongest Armor after Haki(Haki varies between ppl so does the tekkai) , but if u can Combine those 2 u would get more tanking.

To conclude i agree with u but when it comes to these points i can't. I also disagree with those who said Law made him come/tele with his heart. however, most likely, our Forum mates are correct. and i would love to actually believe it. but this Vergo is badass.

I think he has some unrevealed tech. Meaning, He's super fast and hes super tank which makes him proper opponent to our SHs crew. Why im saying this? Becoz everyone of CP9 actually "loved" to test his tekki 1st but if they can't take they avoid the hit, just becuz they can, meaning? they are fast. i think vergo is the same hes tank with tekkai and CoA.

So besiclly when Vergo said i would kill them all or eliminate them he actually thinks that he can. Just like Luffy when he said "ill be the pirate king" 2 years ago and 10 years ago.

for me Pirate king means that u can get away from the marines but it does not necessarily mean u are stronger than them. However, in luffy case he just cant be 1 of those things. He must be able to avoid being caught and he must be stronger than any1 of the marine. Im saying this becoz i think Luffy is way stronger than what we think we didn't c everything and 1 more thing to point out when luffy fell there was a pipe and i think Oda is just so Awesome for putting that pip. in the same image:

Did Luffy fall into a swirled hole? at the bottom corner of the page.
    Last edited by SHeeDeD; October 09, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MOYcano 0.23's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

About the battle between Smoker and Vergo, I'm thinking will be a tight match. These are my reasons:

1. The Royal Shichibukai seem to be way stronger than the average Vice-Admiral. So, Vergo beating Law seem to suggest that his real strength is above the Vice-Admiral level... but Law was fighting with a critical disadvantage.

2. These two guys were announced as Marina's best fighters on G5. Furthermore, until now Smoker has loose only to top players (Dragon, Ace, Hebihime and Law) and never in a mano-mano situation; he is always trying to catch someone, trying to protect his men and being interrupted, etc.

3. Almost everyone are denying that the change of color in Vergo's bamboo pole and his arms is associated with Busoshoku Haki. They said is some Akuma no Mi ability to change the density of things and make them harder. So, that would be good to fight again a Logia type user?

SALUDOS/REGARDS! ^.^

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Resgia's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

For plot purposes, there are two major plot twists possible.
    1. CC will make it to Dres Rosa
    2. CC will be captured at PH

I would say that the first possibility is more likely since we already saw Doffy's mansion, which by the way looks a bit like hugh hefner's playboy mansion . This would imply that we would have a final battle on Dres Rosa.
    The other possibility is not really an option, because there would be no need for the Straw Hats to sail to Dres Rosa. This would imply that Doffy would hunt down the Straw Hats sooner or later.

If we assume that the first possibility is going to happen. The next important question IMO,
    is Vergo going to make it out of PH or not?

Quote Originally Posted by MOYcano 0.23 View Post
    About the battle between Smoker and Vergo, I'm thinking will be a tight match. These are my reasons:

1. The Royal Shichibukai seem to be way stronger than the average Vice-Admiral. So, Vergo beating Law seem to suggest that his real strength is above the Vice-Admiral level... but Law was fighting with a critical disadvantage.

2. These two guys were announced as Marina's best fighters on G5. Furthermore, until now Smoker has loose only to top players (Dragon, Ace, Hebihime and Law) and never in a mano-mano situation; he is always trying to catch someone, trying to protect his men and being interrupted, etc.

3. Almost everyone are denying that the change of color in Vergo's bamboo pole and his arms is associated with Busoshoku Haki. They said is some Akuma no Mi ability to change the density of things and make them harder. So, that would be good to fight again a Logia type user?

SALUDOS/REGARDS! ^.^
    This depends of course on the outcome of the battle you mentioned above. I sincerely doubt that is going to be a tight one, maybe Law is going to interfere at the very end of Pirate Vergo vs. VA Smoker.

IMO

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why shouldn't it be thight, if those are the two top men of G5, in addition to that Smoker until now always had an advantage over Luffy[which has obviously shrank a lot due to haki, nonetheless both have it as of this arc]. He has to win a fight for once.^^

Vergo was fast enough to run from CC HQ to the conjunction of building A&B before the marines got even out of A, he was on his way towards Law also, so no mistey to solve here.
    Last edited by Schabrak; October 09, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Why shouldn't it be thight, if those are the two top men of G5, in addition to that Smoker until now always had an advantage over Luffy[which has obviously shrank a lot due to haki, nonetheless both have it as of this arc]. He has to win a fight for once.^^

Vergo was fast enough to run from CC HQ to the conjunction of building A&B before the marines got even out of A, he was on his way towards Law also, so no mistey to solve here.
    hory shet!!! someone so strong who uses geppo can go wherever he wants even in the new world,where the sea is almost everywhere! that technique is damn strong!

New Reply
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast