Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

9 7.96%
  • 2] Average

12 10.62%
  • 3] Good

37 32.74%
  • 4] Great

45 39.82%
  • 5] Epic

10 8.85%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 683 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Spoiler Discussion

UFO only makes luffy fly a few meters above ground. I doubt he can use this move in such a situation. Plus he is in the dark so it will be difficult to find the slide back.He will get out by another way that the best method I can see.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    It seems people think break => epic chapter.
    I already said, thinking this way would only bring disappointment...

I don't judge the chapter based on Luffy, since it is too early to say if it was a bad or good idea from Oda. And since the part with Law, Vergo and Smoker was really great, I'm not to disappointed.
    The thing that drag this arc since the beginning are the children. But Oda pace has always been rather slow
    IT'S very very bad on every scale. whether, it's been 2 weeks or 2 days. it's very bad chapter but im so excited for the next chapter.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Discussion / 684 Prediction

If it makes you excited for next chapter, it is not that bad :-)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/683/3 coribo is coming to free caribo. but what does "anisuke" mean?
    Thanks for reminding me one more bad thing about this chapter - fodder crew like Caribou's is cruising threw the New World effortlessly and is now attacking the infamous G-5. Genius.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

damn, Vergo is mad fast. Law's ability is almost useless against this dude. But, at least, Smoker showed up to aid him.

I hate Monet. she sucks and Luffy needs to hurry up and kick her a$$. and Chopper tried to save the kids (as most organizations do nowadays).

okay chapter this week, but not worth a week's break.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything this chapter continued to showcase Vergo. The guy is pretty damn tough as Sanji noted and as we just saw with him taking Counter Shock head on and just being a bit charred, and on top of that he seems to be just as fast as Law's teleportation over a short distance. Plus there is his CoA that he seems to be pretty handy with. I'm not really sure what Smoker is going to be able to do here other then create a distraction so that Law can take back his heart.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chap .

I really like Monet dammit Why isn't she on Luffy's side T_T She'll be so perfect among the SH . Her abilities are awesome IMO Luffy was about to lose there . She's clever that woman

Also it pisses me off seeing how fast Vergo caught up with Law . Kinda disappointing that he's too weak to stand up to him , guess this match will go to Smoker as i thought . Sanji would have been an interesting match for Vergo as well but oh well the duty of punishing him should go to Smoker since Vergo pretended to be a marine for such a long time

Overall i liked the chap , kinda crazy the thing with the kids . Poor Chopper He should have smacked them a little though

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/683/3 coribo is coming to free caribo. but what does "anisuke" mean?
    Older brother if i'm not wrong

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally the "epic" chapter comes befora a break, not after. That happens with every manga in the double issues for instance.

I sincerely don't get why so many people didn't like the chapter. My only explanation would be that the last chapter was really great, and people's expectations went really high. I loved the chapter, either way. And (as always) it was better than any other manga from SJ this week.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ilyes84's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I re-activated my (very) old account to vote in the poll: very, very dull chapter.

Things that -changed- from the previous chapter:
    1) Rufy gets lost
    2) Crew reaches in the biscuit room
    3) Mone reaches crew
    4) Vergo reaches Law
    5) Law is KOed by Vergo
    6) Smoker reaches Vergo
    South Blue native
    Captain of the "Not-So-Jolly Roger" Pirates
    Ilyes "9-Tails"
    Eater of the FoxFox fruit, model Kitsune
    Bounty: 211.000.000 Berry

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    Are people underestimating Smoker again? I thought it was pretty obvious by now that his defeat at Law's hands was purely done for plot-related reasons, and not a good representation of his power. The guy's a vice-admiral, for goodness sake, one of the marine's elite forces, with haki and a Logia devil fruit to boot. Yeah, Vergo is also a vice-admiral, so if anything, that should make them about roughly even in terms of strength. Comments like "What can Smoker do against Vergo?" or "There's no way Smoker can win" seriously make me scratch my head. Are we reading the same manga? O.o
    Well he is the head of G-5 which would suggest that he is above Smoker, and that's with him most likely keeping his full strength a secret from everyone else. It's possible for Smoker to win by himself if he has an ace up his sleeve, but unlikely imo. There will most likely be a Don Flamingo arc later on and Vergo getting defeated now would be unwise. Smoker will probably hold his own, maybe with the help of Law, but Vergo will escape without revealing his full abilities in my opinion so that he can be defeated by Sanji in the Don Flamingo arc.

It's annoying that the children got so much panel time, that sub-plot is getting pretty boring so I hope it's resolved soon.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to take a guess and say there are monsters down there with Luffy. I don't like Luffy being away from the action so he has to have something to do at least.

Vergo is smart by using Law's heart to fight. I also like seeing Law get punched in the face. Oda doesn't care how "cool" a character is supposed to be. (Madara and Itachi would get humiliated in this manga.)

This chapter doesn't deserve how many negative votes it recieved. >.>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Thanks for reminding me one more bad thing about this chapter - fodder crew like Caribou's is cruising threw the New World effortlessly and is now attacking the infamous G-5. Genius.
    Thanks to Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates who cleared the way. It's only logical for them to get through easily without the Kraken being there sinking them.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there was any kraken between fishman island and G5 in the first place

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Fodder crew to SHs, who did nothing but train for the last 2 years. Caribou's crew is probably above average crew, and those kept coming to New World, and surviving for 2 decades.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Fodder crew to SHs, who did nothing but train for the last 2 years. Caribou's crew is probably above average crew, and those kept coming to New World, and surviving for 2 decades.
    Exactly, Caribou isn't fodder at all, it's just that he's constantly been beaten by people who are on a completely different level

New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast