Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

9 7.96%
  • 2] Average

12 10.62%
  • 3] Good

37 32.74%
  • 4] Great

45 39.82%
  • 5] Epic

10 8.85%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 683 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Spoiler Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe even with his heart Law is considerably weaker than Vergo and Vergo wasn't obviously trying to go all-out on Law as he barely used any Rokushiki and a bit Vergo as it seems he is pretty good in Haki and Rokushiki, so he will be a damn difficult opponent for Smoker and he is damn fast and that's also will be a problem for Smokey.
    So in the upcoming chapter I hope to see a decent fight between Vergo and Smoker. Hope we are going to see some interesting tricks from both of them.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Who knows, maybe Luffy brings out a variation of Geppo that he picked up or had time to work on while training. But then again maybe thats something that Oda wants to only give Sanji. Hell for all we know Luffy is going to "inflate" himself and float up like a balloon.
    It seems to me that this is PH's version of Boa from Skypiea and Luffy is going to stay there for a while. Maybe he'll even find something interesting.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

this vergo guy is serous badass i cant belive how law got his ass handed to him... but overal this chapter was bad... i realy dont see much material to discuss abaout as everything we predicted came to be true...
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I think Luffy 'defeats' are done on purpose. Despite the 2 years, he has a long way to achieve his goal. It's funny how him and Law are now far away from the gods charactersof the arc beginning.
    Like Monet seems to say, even if she is weaker, she can defeat him like Luffy himself defeated stronger enemy. I wonder how this experience will affect his character
    It's obvious that his defeats are done on purpose, but this is just too much. If Luffy land a punch it would be game over so lets just make it he doesn't try and punch at all???!!! He suddenly forgot how to use haki??? Can anyone in their right mind believe that the guy who defeated Shichibukai, fought admirals and whatnot can't hit a fodder character? Luffy has been crapped on since the timeskip waaay too much. Luffy is not my favorite character and I think he was made overpowered before but this is just plain ridiculous. I barely ever bitch about any manga chapter and always look for the positive in everything so for me these are the worst OP chapters I remember.

One redeemable thing is Vergo finally remembered that he had a brain and squeezed that heart. Smoker looks determined, expecting a good fight.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Razh, I had exactly the same thought :-) I hope he will get out quicker though.
    I wonder why Chopper didn't use the medecine he has found to calm the children or maybe I misunderstood something.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Luffy's real handicap in the manga is his stupidity as otherwise he would have already been tons times stronger than he is now.
    The only thing I don't actually get is why Oda is always trying to make Luffy look even more stupid than he is now.
    Monet shouldn't be a problem for Luffy to handle. Of course her DF is quite treacky, but after such a training and gaining such skills he should at least take such an opponent as a given. Otherwise what is he going to do against such guys as Vergo, Doflamingo and others?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Unique abilities seems to have caused more trouble than power in One Piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner somalimafia's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I didint post for like million years but all i can say is , bullshit what in earth oda is thinking? I thought it was only kishi who was flippin out.......I followed op for long time but this was the worst chapter ever.waiting for 2 weeks and this is the thanks. SOS

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I believe Luffy's real handicap in the manga is his stupidity as otherwise he would have already been tons times stronger than he is now.
    The only thing I don't actually get is why Oda is always trying to make Luffy look even more stupid than he is now.
    Monet shouldn't be a problem for Luffy to handle. Of course her DF is quite treacky, but after such a training and gaining such skills he should at least take such an opponent as a given. Otherwise what is he going to do against such guys as Vergo, Doflamingo and others?
    You know as well as I do that this was not a real fight. More like a short skirmish where Luffy is trying to chase his main opponent but gets hampered. If Monet was his goal, she would be unconscius right now. She said it herself, se can't fight him, she can only slow him.

I happen to like this. What did you guys expect, Luffy and SH just ROFLstomping everyone in NW and sailing straight to Raftel without trouble?

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^I expected Luffy to be using his Gomu Gomu No Pistol he's been using since chapter 1 to punch people and haki he's been using in every fight since timeskip. Is that too much to expect?

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy stupidity is what makes this manga last for almost 600 chapters . Like what Razh said, the battle against Monet is no more than a "skirmish" or I would say "interlude" before the real battle for him begins.
    ----

I'm quite disappointed how Vergo seemingly gain an upper hand against Law. I had such a huge expectation that the battle would be at least equal, but owning Law's heart is making a huge difference here. Well, I just can hope that Smoker v. Vergo would be an interesting battle though.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Razh
    I don't expect Luffy and his crew to stomp everyone in the New World. I'm quite logical in this sense, but I really expected Luffy to grow not only in terms of power during timeskip, but also expected him to grow in terms of common sense and intellect, cause he can't be a funny dumbass all the time, but needs to think at least a bit and adapt a bit.
    For me it's quite logical that even someone tries to prevent you from getting your goal you should solve this problem, but Luffy let her get to him and then the only thing he did was the dumbest one.

Doraku
    I understand your point. And I like Luffy's stupidity as well, but in such a world he has to get serious from time to time and not be a clinical idiot all the way round. That's the only thing I'm dissapointed actually.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Monet should be stronger than CC, which was handily defeated by Luffy when he wasn't behaving like a total dumbass and Monet herself admitted that Luffy is stronger than her.

Truth to be told, escaping through the ground was probably the best way to escape Monet's trap, only it backfired due to circuntance.
    Not to mention Luffy can use his Gomu Gomu no UFOto fly in that room and then break into the upper floor again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Doraku
    I understand your point. And I like Luffy's stupidity as well, but in such a world he has to get serious from time to time and not be a clinical idiot all the way round. That's the only thing I'm dissapointed actually.
    Well, Luffy is only become a genius when he gets mad, and during battles with major villains. It's disappointing, I know. But wouldn't it be a tad too late to complain about Luffy's mental growth now? I was also expecting Luffy is changing after the time skip happened, but that didn't happened. I believe that fighting with Monet of course is a more of a plot device to drag the story rather than an actual "battle", so if Luffy is stupid beyond understanding honestly I still can accept that.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast