Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

9 7.96%
  • 2] Average

12 10.62%
  • 3] Good

37 32.74%
  • 4] Great

45 39.82%
  • 5] Epic

10 8.85%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 683 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Spoiler Discussion

Damn Monet! How can she look so good and be evil on the same time (women ).Nami better teach her lesson.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Im w8ing for the vote to come out so i can vote "bullshit" but i can't so it's gonna be voted as awful. Oda is trolling 2 weeks then Tadah bad\worst chapter.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I wasn't THAT diswayed by the chapter. As far as Luffy's skirmish with Monet, its pretty much countless the number of times someone got to another in this show because of odd powers. To me it would have gotten ridculous if that had acctually knocked out Luffy, but to me the fact that she got as far as she did was probably to show she isn't one to be taken lightly, which Luffy clearly did in this case. While its annoying Luffy may be in another boa for a while, I did like his attack on the floor to escape since he's really trying to get to ceaser anyway.

Irregardless of that I think the most interesting art of the chapter is Law's brief fight with Vergo. His plan was just about to fall into place so Vergo pretty much did the best thing anyone could have done and stopped Law intirely with a no holds barred beat down. It is jarring to see him get handled this way after his inital rampage earlier in the arc yes however I do like that we're finally giving smoker the fight he deserves. I think that when alls said and done, Law will get his heart back then.

Its pretty much a transitional chapter, Last weeks few chapters were definetly better in my opinion but we still need them.
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

A good chapter overall I think, although I'm still annoyed by those freakin kids, other than that it was good, the outcome of the skirmish between Law and Vergo was expected, the guy got his heart after all, it's not even a fair fight, but I'm amazed by Vergo's resilience, that's something pretty remarkable, taking some hits from Sanji, and from Law

But I still think that Oda should really begin to wrap this up, it's taking too long and getting a bit annoying on my nerves too honestly

And : SMOKER vs VERGO FUCK YEAH ! Go go Smoker
    Last edited by Zehahaha; October 02, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Vergo relied on the heart much to defeat Law: Law was shown with bruises and he was panting so he was probably hit normally. I'm not enjoying this pacing at all, i feel Oda could've compressed quite a few pages over the last couple of weeks. I was impressed by Vergo he really seems to be of New World caliber, I don't see Smoker being able to defeat him on his own, hope Law pitches in. Luffy better find something significant in that trash like a hiding Momonusuke that can fly him out. Zoro already told him to be serious about the New World & i count this skirmish as Luffy's loss and a captain putting his crew in danger.

FuS

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i am starting to think oda has writers block. the chapter didnt give much. we still dont have any1 on SH to fight with. and kids r idiotic. (i am not sure about Mocha in the first place seems like mistake to me) overall dissapointing.

@rosebullet teacher; we think the same thing about luffy finding momonosuke. it seems to delibarate monet mentioned "flying" to get out of the trash.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems people think break => epic chapter.
    I already said, thinking this way would only bring disappointment...

I don't judge the chapter based on Luffy, since it is too early to say if it was a bad or good idea from Oda. And since the part with Law, Vergo and Smoker was really great, I'm not to disappointed.
    The thing that drag this arc since the beginning are the children. But Oda pace has always been rather slow

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of fruit has Monet? fruit Snow Snow?
    Anyway the chapter wasn't so bad, but still the pace is very slow.
    Oh well, at least next week we will see a great fight; Smoker Vs Vergo.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    What kind of fruit has Monet? fruit Snow Snow?
    Anyway the chapter wasn't so bad, but still the pace is very slow.
    Oh well, at least next week we will see a great fight; Smoker Vs Vergo.
    If Oda doesn't troll us and show us what Luffy is doing, or what Zoro's group is doing with the kids

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    If Oda doesn't troll us and show us what Luffy is doing, or what Zoro's group is doing with the kids
    LOL, you're right. XD
    But still I feel that Oda will remain on them; after all he hyped this fight for a long time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trikz View Post
    I am not to impressed with this chapter from the spoiler so far partly because nothing much has happened since the last chapter and i for one think luffy is having abit too much trouble with monet. First he got beaten by CC then was unable to capture him again and now hes having trouble with monet, i wonder how he would do when he gets to Joker who is still only a shichibukai not even a younkou.
    of course he is having trouble he is a direct attacker whilt both monet and CC are indirect attackers that use things to weaken their opponents, this just proves that luffy needs more experience for him to grow as a fighter in the new world.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

great chapter! law receiving bombs from vergo was nice,although luffy's situation was just to take time and to waste pages,and so was mocha's condition.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hhv94's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, is it just me or does this WHOLE arc feel like extreme foreshadowing of things to come in the new world? You got a lot of things going on and questions being posed all at once. Just lots of new pieces that I think if you begin to put together is a set up to something bigger. What's got my attention is the fact that Caribou pirate is now in the hands of the Marines and whoever is on that Marine ship gets first dibs on the important information on Shirahoshi. Can't wait to see the fight between Smoker and Vergo. I still think there is more set up to come and if I had to guess that for this particular Punk Hazard story line, Luffy and company probably escape with new friends and continuing on but I don't think any clear winners will come out of it, except an angry Joker.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Poisok2's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

A really liked the chapter. I think it was a "just" great one, but for one chapter to be epic, the others have to be "just" good or great

BTW, I think Monet has a Yuki Yuki no mi, not Logia but Paramecia, like Mr3 wax fruit. And I would really like to know what kind of ability is that of Vergo. Maybe something like an Iron fruit?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

law,who defeated smoker,has been owned by vergo,and sanji's leg broke because of vergo as well. what can smoker do now?
    Last edited by benelori; October 02, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast