Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

9 7.96%
  • 2] Average

12 10.62%
  • 3] Good

37 32.74%
  • 4] Great

45 39.82%
  • 5] Epic

10 8.85%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 683 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jamjosef's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 683 Discussion / 684 Prediction

IMO i thought Counter Shock was a Defibrillator... every time law uses it he holds out a finger on each had as if to transmit the Electricity if you look back at the moment where uses it on vergo u'll see the fingers im referring to.
    if you look here u'll see vergo was already in the room fighting with law
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/683/16
    now if you look here
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/683/18
    u'll see he uses his thumbs to do counter shock, which D is written on , (defibrillator)

hes gonna open a can of whoop ass fox style

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesss! D is written on thumbs. I didn't notice it, neither the thumbs move by Law. If Law has defibrillator power or some one like it, that would mean that Ope ope no mi is much more than moving matter inside or between Rooms.

Now about Law already fighting Vergo, I don't see it. I would have to insist on a different and possible course of events: After the warning in loudspeakers about Law inside SAD production room, Vergo goes for him. In the way he receives Doflamingo's order to torture Law before killing him. So, he squeeze Law's heart in a similar way he did when he arrived Punk Hazard. Law, heavily affected, teleports Vergo in order to recover his heart, (there is no other way for him than that). Vergo kicks him...etc. In this way their fight begins exactly where Oda draw it: when Law tries to recover his heart.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I suppose japanese word for 'defibrillator' doesn't begin with 'D' .... but Oda draw a 'D' over Law's thumbs.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 07, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

The 'D' is from 'DEATH' tatooed on his fingers.
    I also think Law and Vergo fought before, because Law is scratched and seems tired out. He was walking so leisurely in the SAD room before.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

He seemed scratched also when Vergo arrived at Punk Hazarda and hadn't met him yet. So, not a reason. A comparison of images here.

'D' tatoo could means nothing more than the initial character of the word Death, in Law's hadns. But if the tatoo is an acronym, then 'D' will not mean death for sure, at least that that would be a very bad acronym.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 07, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

He was not really scratched, he was just in pain. Whereas his face is injured at the beginning of the chapter. And he can't have external injuries because Vergo squeeze his heart, that doesn't make sense.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    He was not really scratched, he was just in pain. Whereas his face is injured at the beginning of the chapter. And he can't have external injuries because Vergo squeeze his heart, that doesn't make sense.
    I don't know what the big mistery is. They probably had a short exchange before Oda cut to their scene.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    Pretty sure Kaku implied his tekkai could do it, it could certainly block his own rankyaku. I still haven't seen him do anything that can't be explained by haki and rokushiki; the food stuck to him is the only mysterious part of his abilities so far.
    2 mistakes\ misunderstanding from u

1- i said "bare hand+haki "
    2- i said none-DF users
    Last edited by SHeeDeD; October 07, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to understand.

K-dom is right about scratches; there are none, but I dont see injuries neither. Maybe just dust. Can there be dust in Law's face because Vergo squeeze his heart? Yes. Again, see chapter 671 with Law putting his face on the floor driven by the pain. Also notice that Law has a relaxed position, as we can see in his way to grab his sword: by the blade, not by the handle,… this is pretty strange if he was already fighting Vergo. ... To me the one I offered is a good alternative explanation to the standard one.

Going to another point, did you notice that Vergo gets angry because of the way Law calls him: "Vergo"? He seems to bother for it here:

Spoiler show

And, once Law acknowledges his strategy didn't work, he definitively tries to bother Vergo here with it:

Spoiler show

When they met for the first time, in Punk Hazard, Vergo's speech refers several times to Law as a child and to Doflamingo and Vergo as the big boys. Maybe Law was an irreverent member of the crew...
    Last edited by ukimix; October 07, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I don't know what the big mistery is. They probably had a short exchange before Oda cut to their scene.
    I know but that bother ukimix for some reasons

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Law got his ass kicked then we transition to the middle of the battle. Dust on the face? That's big time reaching, let him take his ass-kicking in stride and get helped! I didn't like when Apoo was getting fodderized by giant pigs but i didn't say he was allergic to bacon! Law will redeem himself he's got history with Doflamingo and it could lead to info on where best to strike him. I wonder if Baby 5 and Buffalo will run into the 1000 Sunny and Franky? Their orders seemed to be a blanket destroy everyone order, but Franky has a tendency to get caught up in peoples tragic stories maybe him and Baby 5 converse on her anger issues.

FuS
    Last edited by Rosebullet Teacher; October 08, 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: double dabbing

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

law and vergo already has a skirmish few chapters back.. we should have in mind that in manga only several hours passed so probably those wounds are stil there becouse they didnt have time to heal.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Resgia's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Status quo:
    ========

Law went down.
    Luffy dropped into the garbage room.
    Vergo vs. Smoker
    Monet vs. Straw hats

My prediction is the following, Smoker will fail and the straw hats will fail too. Maybe not just to Monet, but to Monet,Baby 5 and Buffalo.
    Later Luffy will somehow get out of the garbage room and save the rest of the straw hats. If not Luffy than Franky will be the hero of the day.
    The straw hats, Law and Marines will escape Punk hazard and sail to Dres Rosa, for a final epic fight. This is not much of a prediction, since it has been
    pictured partly from other people in this forum. However I just want to emphasize that Punk Hazard won't end in a triumph for the straw hats.
    For the rest, I can imagine that Smoker losing to Vergo will have some consequences for smoker.

IMO

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    When they met for the first time, in Punk Hazard, Vergo's speech refers several times to Law as a child and to Doflamingo and Vergo as the big boys. Maybe Law was an irreverent member of the crew...
    He's obviously younger than Vergo and hence a junior member who joined a while after Vergo. So it's natural that Vergo would feel disrespected if Law addresed him as they were equal. Law was hardly an irrelevant member seeing all he achieved so far.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Resgia View Post
    Status quo:
    ========

Law went down.
    Luffy dropped into the garbage room.
    Vergo vs. Smoker
    Monet vs. Straw hats

My prediction is the following, Smoker will fail and the straw hats will fail too. Maybe not just to Monet, but to Monet,Baby 5 and Buffalo.
    Later Luffy will somehow get out of the garbage room and save the rest of the straw hats. If not Luffy than Franky will be the hero of the day.
    The straw hats, Law and Marines will escape Punk hazard and sail to Dres Rosa, for a final epic fight. This is not much of a prediction, since it has been
    pictured partly from other people in this forum. However I just want to emphasize that Punk Hazard won't end in a triumph for the straw hats.
    For the rest, I can imagine that Smoker losing to Vergo will have some consequences for smoker.

IMO
    dont foget that Luffy can float, and he can get out of that hole as he has done nothing tyring.

it depends on how close Drossora is. if they(baby5 and bafflo) can get there in no time then Franky might be in trouble, but if they gonna take long time meaning 2 more chapters (font count the next one)then franky will be fine. Another point, if Luffy is Vs Doffo, Luffy's Nakam can not keep up with the Doffo's Nakma. Sunji can not win vs Vergo if any one can say "no, he can" then please don't argue it with me just post ur opinion coz im Convinced 100% that he can not.

Zoro almost can take any1 down, Ussop can't take anyone down, he might be vs one of those geezers(magicians, my point is one of them must be magician) and it will be tricks war. you know how Usopp fights, he has his own weird techniques so it will be fair fight. Zoro might be vs the Bufflo or baby 5.

i found the opponent for the follow characters Luffy, Zoro, and Ussop. there is small baby beside baby 5. that will be vs nami. and baby 5 vs franky. the one with the cool hat+outfit will be vs Jimbe(yes he will be there in time). Law the SoD will be under treatment by Chopper. the other geezer will be vs Robin.

ill finish the rest but not now.

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I know but that bother ukimix for some reasons
    Yes, thanks. Ultimately, I think this is a bad panel

Law's right hand, in relaxed position, and grabbing sword by the blade doesnt' fit well in a Vergo-vs-Law-scenario. Dust or injuries on the face doesn't work well with a Vergo-is-squeezing-Law's-heart-scenario. The panel doesn't tell clearly what happened before.

Though, the chapter was epic...

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    He's obviously younger than Vergo and hence a junior member who joined a while after Vergo. So it's natural that Vergo would feel disrespected if Law addresed him as they were equal. Law was hardly an irrelevant member seeing all he achieved so far.
    Doflamingo and whole crew talked about Law as if they weren't expecting for him to come back and with some kind of appreciation. Doflamingo's line: "I know it will be har for you too, Vergo. But you got to dispose of Law for me,..." Thought, that could be irony also.

I wonder what role will have Monet's heart.
    Last edited by ukimix; October 08, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

New Reply
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast