Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

1) What's been some of the greatest moments so far in Naruto as a whole?

2) Who was your favorite character and why?

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read?

4) What are you going to read or watch when Naruto is over this year?

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest

We're all grown men here; and women.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    1) What's been some of the greatest moments so far in Naruto as a whole? Alot, not really sure

2) Who was your favorite character and why? Naruto, simply because i love what he stands for. And Madara, ive loved him for a long time, even before i knew what he was about. The first ever image of him i saw i had my fangasm on.

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read? Bleach and DC comics. Might have actually gave one piece some time.

4) What are you going to read or watch when Naruto is over this year? Rewatch every episode one a day (atleast try) and wait for the likes of greys anatomy to come back.

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest I dont want Naruto to end, im hoping theres more to it than just the 5 great nations.

Il go in depth later, cant think straight
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It Seems We're Approaching the End of the Naruto Series - A penny for your thoughts?

I would say Naruto's arrival to defend Konoha's during the Pain Invasion arc. In so many ways that is the closest he's ever come to being the person he strived for so long to become.

Jiriaya. I really enjoyed his signature style that combined a lighthearted nature with a serious side. Making him both entertaining and respectable as a wise and experienced warrior.

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read?

I probably wouldn't have read any manga. Naruto was my introduction to manga. As for watching, my anime viewing habits would be much the same. Inuyasha was my primary introduction to that side of things.

Lots of stuff, I'm a pretty avid manga and manhwa reader these days.

Though to be more specific about something that could fill Naruto's proverbial shoes, I'm really liking what I've seen from Sensei no Bulge

I'm pretty disappointed with how the final stretch of Naruto has been done. I feel like Naruto delivered such a high level of quality for so long yet in the climax it completely lost everything that made it special; most critically the depth and relatability of it's characters. I think this war arc is has been, at it's best, mediocre; and, at it's worst, comically awful.

I feel increasingly uneasy about where the series is going to ultimately conclude, and hope for something unexpected to alter the obvious course of events. But really all that's left is to watch, and wait....and hope.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 13, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I will probably redo this, but meh, I have time to spare

Naruto saving Konoha until Nagato got TnJ'ed, the Wave arc, and the Immortal Duo arc.
    I would write until tomorrow morning to explain why I like those lol

Itachi, until he was ET'ed, destroying his character.
    Now I would say God Realm, he was the best villain this manga has ever seen, ruthless, insanely powerful, devoted to his ideals and not cheaply overpowered

I enjoyed One Piece way before Naruto got out, and I would continue to enjoy it too.

Don't think Naruto will end this year, if it does, though, I would probably continue to read One Piece together with Beelzebub, like I'm doing now

I predict that Kishi will sooner or later change the name of this manga to Itachi

Really can't understand why Kishi continues to basically destroy Naruto's character over and over, since the Pein invasion it seems like he isn't the main character anymore.
    Last edited by Uchiha_Blood; June 06, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the greatest moment was the pain invasion and naruto defense of the leaf, the leaf being destroyed and narutos confrontation with nagato leading to nagato healing the wounded and dead or whatever

other than that other favorite moments of the series is the chase leading up to the fight with naruto and sasuke when neji, shikamaru, kiba and choji all battled the sound 5 or whatever, and then obviously the fight with naruto and sasuke

i love the back and forth between the akatsuke members, hidan and kakasu, tobi and diedra

they were all well thought out personalities and it really added depth and entertainment to the manga/anime

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

1) What's been some of the greatest moments so far in Naruto as a whole? By far when Naruto arrived at the pain invasion

2) Who was your favorite character and why? Minato is my fav cause of how Kishi showed him. What defines his character is his humility, intelligence(probably the most intelligent), his ideology and many more. In the short limited amount of time he was introduced, I alraedy liked the character.

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read? Probably one piece(I started then stopped), I read bleach and i might hunt for more anime or manga to watch in case i'm unsatisfied lol.

4) What are you going to read or watch when Naruto is over this year? Who said Naruto is ending this year? I'm not sure what i'll read once Naruto is over.

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest Like Jammin, i am disappointed with the war and how Kishi contantly downgrades a character...but i don't feel like writing long so i'll stop here

^_^

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

1) What's been some of the greatest moments so far in Naruto as a whole? rock lee vs gaara , gaara vs deidara , pain invasion , naruto soloing pain and many more

2) Who was your favorite character and why? Pain , zombies are awesome..

3) If Naruto was never made as a manga series or anime, what else would you have watched or read? one piece , bleach , beelzebub , fairy tail...

4) What are you going to read or watch when Naruto is over this year? dont think naruto is going to end this year , cuz we need more flashbacks from awesome characters ... if it did , same as the above...

5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest. wtf happened to rock lee , he was awesome in part 1 , and now hes like forgotten

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The greatest moments in the manga are the moments when an enemy is defeated (or close to it) by resortying to super strategic combat rather than Will of Fire, Hatred, or anything on the level of a city buster. Sasuke seeing through Deidara's whole strategy... Jiraiya getting around Pein's shared vision. Kakashi's plan against God Realm, Naruto's clone+henge strategies... anything of this sort. But my favorite of all of them is obviously Sasuke vs. Deidara, since it was the last time we saw what he could do against an opponent when he has his head on straight. Not to mention he systematically tore down his whole strategy. It was amazing.

Quote Quote:
    Sasuke. Always has been. Always will be. He's the only character in the manga where I actually look at him and think "Man, I can't wait to find out what his plans are next." For better or worse. I've always liked the rival characters in manga more than the main characters because they usually have harder, less favored stories where they're smarter or more skilled than the main character, but are doomed to fail or lose to him eventually just because the manga demands it. Their fighting styles are also always cooler. Less "believing in myself makes me unstoppable!" and more "being better than you makes me unstoppable!"

I also like his fighting style (original one atleast). Analytical abilities (Sharingan), along with high speed kenjutsu and taijutsu, and no city-busting meteors or chakra blasts. Ah, and versatility. Not to mention lightning is like, my favorite element when it comes to special attacks.

Quote Quote:
    I regret never getting into One Piece, but it's too far ahead now. Probably that. Or maybe I'd like the garbage that is Bleach even more because I wouldn't have a superior manga to compare it to.

Quote Quote:
    Hopefully a new shounen so I can repeat the process all over again. I wonder what will be the next one. Knights? Mages ala Fairy Tail? Something more off the wall like a superpowered air conditioning repairmen? Whatever it is, I'm ready.

Quote Quote:
    5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest.
    Just wanna remind those annoyed by all the times that I call Naruto a moron that it's not to earn the ire of his fans. It's because I genuinely believe he's a moron. No baiting, no trolling, no flaming. I think Naruto isn't smart. I know he isn't. I think we all do, but his idiot-savant moments where he thinks up a special plan in a few moments gives him a by. Don't take it to heart when I rag on him, because he's fictional. He's vapid, slow, pants-on-head retarded. But he's fake too and thus, you don't have to root for him.

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke and itachi's fight

Sasuke
    I don't know !!
    Berserk , vinland saga , one peace , claymore and etc ... ( I will continue to reading those manga that I currently read them untile their end , probably no new manga )
    5) Feel free to add any additional stuff you want to get off your chest :h

خداحافظ

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    The greatest moments in the manga are the moments when an enemy is defeated (or close to it) by resortying to super strategic combat rather than Will of Fire, Hatred, or anything on the level of a city buster. Sasuke seeing through Deidara's whole strategy... Jiraiya getting around Pein's shared vision. Kakashi's plan against God Realm, Naruto's clone+henge strategies... anything of this sort. But my favorite of all of them is obviously Sasuke vs. Deidara, since it was the last time we saw what he could do against an opponent when he has his head on straight. Not to mention he systematically tore down his whole strategy. It was amazing.

Sasuke. Always has been. Always will be. He's the only character in the manga where I actually look at him and think "Man, I can't wait to find out what his plans are next." For better or worse. I've always liked the rival characters in manga more than the main characters because they usually have harder, less favored stories where they're smarter or more skilled than the main character, but are doomed to fail or lose to him eventually just because the manga demands it. Their fighting styles are also always cooler. Less "believing in myself makes me unstoppable!" and more "being better than you makes me unstoppable!"

I also like his fighting style (original one atleast). Analytical abilities (Sharingan), along with high speed kenjutsu and taijutsu, and no city-busting meteors or chakra blasts. Ah, and versatility. Not to mention lightning is like, my favorite element when it comes to special attacks.

I regret never getting into One Piece, but it's too far ahead now. Probably that. Or maybe I'd like the garbage that is Bleach even more because I wouldn't have a superior manga to compare it to.

Hopefully a new shounen so I can repeat the process all over again. I wonder what will be the next one. Knights? Mages ala Fairy Tail? Something more off the wall like a superpowered air conditioning repairmen? Whatever it is, I'm ready.

Just wanna remind those annoyed by all the times that I call Naruto a moron that it's not to earn the ire of his fans. It's because I genuinely believe he's a moron. No baiting, no trolling, no flaming. I think Naruto isn't smart. I know he isn't. I think we all do, but his idiot-savant moments where he thinks up a special plan in a few moments gives him a by. Don't take it to heart when I rag on him, because he's fictional. He's vapid, slow, pants-on-head retarded. But he's fake too and thus, you don't have to root for him.
    Wow your really in depth with your answers...

Thanks everyone who has taken part in answering so far!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You wanted to know our thoughts, right? I may have gotten carried away but, atleast I was honest, lol. I think that everyone can go extremely in-depth with their reasoning for their opinions because we've all read the manga so long, it's impossible to just break it down into "I like it" or "I don't like it." Everyone has dozens of reasons for both I'd reckon.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

There were a lot of great moments, panels and arcs. Part 1 was perfect, I can't remember an arc I didn't like. Shippuuden though is another story.

I will never forget:
    • everything regarding Itachi (moment, panel, fight, conversation, excluding the fight vs. Kabuto)
    • everything regarding Minato (moment, panel, fight, conversation)
    • Wave arc
    • Sasuke vs. Orochimaru (Forest of Death)
    • Sasuke stomping Zaku
    • Lee vs. Gaara
    • Sasuke vs. Gaara
    • Gaara vs. Kimimaro
    • Kid Kakashi using Chidori for the first time (Kakashi Gaiden)
    • Kakashi activating his Mangekyou Sharingan
    • Sasukes Chidori Nagashi (Orochimarus Hideout)
    • Kakashis Chidori against Kakuzu + the whole fight (Kakashi vs. Kakuzu & Hidan)
    • Sasuke vs. Deidara
    • Jiraiya vs. Pain
    • Kakashi vs. Pain
    • Sasuke vs. Raikage

• Sasuke (Part 1):
      He was my favorite character until he left the village. At that point I started to dislike him. I understand his motives to join Orochimaru, especially after what he witnessed against Itachi. But seriously, what was he thinking as a 12 year old genin? That he is stronger than the one who killed his entire clan (who can use MS, while he not even had a 3-tomoe Sharingan)? That he is/will be the strongest ninja at his age group? He improved very well under Kakashi. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay in the village and training with Kakashi, but yeah... it was for the plot.
      Current Sasuke annoys me even more. Like Kakashi said, he has fallen very low. His whole "I will crush Konoha" line along with his attempt to kill Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura and Karin is pure bullshit, it's not even funny. I would really cheer him up, if he would go after the elders, but anything else is just nonsense in my opinion.
      His fights are awesome most of the time and I really enjoy them.
    • Minato:
      Actually I don't even need to explain. He is just flawless. No flashy jutsus, nuke bombs, external powers, but still a top tier shinobi. It's really sad that we couldn't see more about him.
    • Itachi:
      He is a true shinboi, one of the strongest, smartest and the most efficient out there. Just like Minato he never relied on external powers. He did everything with his own natural potential, which speaks volumes about his skill and talent. A true hero who put everything above himself.

Nothing. Before Naruto, I didn't know what "Manga" is or means. I watched Dragonball on german television, but it was just a "cartoon series" for me.
    A member of an allround forum told me everything about Anime/Manga and recommended Naruto. So I searched for the latest episode (it was 23, I will never forget, lol) and this scene (#1 & #2) was so fucking hilarious that I wanted more and more. Naruto was damn funny, Sasuke looked cool and Kakashi was very mysterious with his mask and one of his eyes hidden under his forehead protector. Damn, how fast the time passes... I was a child back then.

So yes, without Naruto, I would probably never read any manga.

I don't think that Naruto will end this year. But there are a lot of mangas I am following/would follow. Naruto was just the first manga I read. It had so much quality back then and I had a lot of fun over the years. That's the only reason I still read Naruto and mostly post in this forum, even though there are better mangas I think.

Mangas I follow:

One Piece: After so many chapters, I still can't complain about the plot development, unlike Naruto. One Piece is epic in every sense of the word.

Fairy Tail: There are a lot of things I don't like in this manga, but it has a huge entertaining factor for me.

Hunter X Hunter: I hope that I will never meet Togashi or else I am going to flash bijuu dama him. It has such a great story and one of the best fighting systems. I think HXH would be one of the top mangas, if the author wouldn't go on hiatus so much. It's really sad.

The Breaker / The Breaker New Waves: Thanks to Jammins signature for this one! I read all the chapters in a few days, I just couldn't stop reading it. I hope the author doesn't rise up the power scale so much.

Mangas which catched my attention, but I never read so far:
    - Beelzebub
    - Gantz
    - Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    - Nisekoi
    - Shingeki no Kyojin

Shippuuden had many great moments and fights, but compared to Part 1 the difference is so huge like the power level between current Madara and Kurenais baby (of course I am exaggerating). It hurts me every time, when I realize how Shippuuden turned out. The current war arc is by far the worst arc I ever read in a manga and I don't see Naruto progressing/ending the way I would like, sadly.
    Last edited by syx; June 09, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apathism's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jiraiya VS Pain was great, and when Kakashi blasted through Kakuzu with the raikiri I shouted with joy. The best scene in the anime was Lee VS Gaara, for some reason it seemed to never have a fight that cool again.

Jiraiya. Funny pervert who is a ninja master, what more could you want? He was always fun to see.

Nothing, probably. Naruto is what got me into manga.

What makes you so sure that Naruto will end this year? There are only 26 more weeks to the year, and I doubt everything is going to get wrapped up in 26 more chapters.

Right now I'm really enjoying Knights of Sidonia, Silver Spoon, and Shingeki no Kyojin. Saru Lock is fun too, the kid in that series reminds me of a seinen version of Naruto, lol.

I kind of wish the art style in Naruto was still more free like how it was in the earlier chapters. Now all the characters have the same sort of look, like its just frames in an anime. Its gotten kind of boring... for example, imagine how Madara and his Susanoo would have looked if it had the same art style in the early chapters. Pretty wild stuff.

On that same note, I miss how in the earlier fights, victory was more determined by being clever than by having a better power up. They say every jutsu has a weakness, right? But nobody exploits that anymore. Even Deidara vs Sasuke involved some strategy of testing the bombs with electricity. Now its just powerup after powerup with forbidden techniques and *that jutsu*'s.

I like Naruto, and I'll read it to the end, but I think it dragged out too long and now its stale. Kishimoto should have taken a break or something to get more inspiration and keep it fresh.

Cheers.

Kage-Baka No Jutsu!

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Tossup between Naruto beating Kiba and him finally realizing what makes one strong when he was against Gaara. HIs fight with Neji comes a close second though. Those three fights were symbolic for me, especially in regards to Naruto's growth and maturation.

Itachi and Jiraiya had good introduction and great impact throughout the manga. Jiraiya had the best death though.

Quote Quote:
    Itachi because of his intelligence and how powerful he was. First time I saw him, he was cold and scary, yet calm despite all.

Jiraiya because he's funny as hell but smart and observant. He's what Naruto could be or should be without being overpowered. I always enjoyed seeing him in the manga, from his introduction to his death.

Naruto Part I. His character and conflict is what made me fall in love with the manga. Naruto, who was hated, always worked hard and fought for what he believed in, never backing down. He may not have been talented, but he sure proved that talent doesn't make one better. I loved what he told Konohamaru, that there's no shortcut in life. His realization of what true strength came was hint enough that he'd beat Gaara somehow.

Quote Quote:
    Dunno, possibly One Piece? I saw a "friend" have Naruto as a sig and avatar in another forum I used to go to, especially the one where Konohamaru rubbed his face on Tsunade's tits. Got me interested in the anime.

Quote Quote:
    One Piece.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto has degraded in quality since Part I in my opinion.

And members need to stop using smilies in serious posts. -_-

27. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Daniel's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The first great moment for me was the first fight against Zabuza, back in the day Naruto was indeed a story about ninja. For most of Part I it was always good, very good. The fart in Kiba's face, the debuts of Lee/Gai and Jiraya were the best, Itachi's was cool as well. There were lots of good fights, I loved them all in Part I. Maybe the female characters cold have been a little more developed, but aside from that it was nearly perfect. Part II was, and is getting, progressively weaker, quite bad actually. But still it had it's good moments. Sasuke vs Deidara and Jiraya vs Pain were certainly the best fights, I also liked Naruto vs Pain since it was the last good fight. Outside of fights, the funniest moment was for me when Konohamaru showed Team 7 his new Ero jutsu, Sakura's reaction was priceless. The plot in Part II actually started off quite well, it opened many doors, that were perfect to speculate and make theories about, unfortunately the way Kishimoto developed them was prograssively worse. Overall just like Dragon Ball, the first part of the series is eons away from it's following.

Quote Quote:
    Jiraiya of course, it was a perfect homage to Kame-sennin. He basically had it all to be a perfect shonen character that's why fans love him so much. Next is Shikamaru, I identify quite a lot with him. Kakashi and Minato to finish. All their fights were good (except Kakashi's last ones since he has been caught in the downgrading of the series), they are the actually ninja characters, who fight like ninja, using their brains. Hiruzen was also very good, I still remember the time when he was considered the strongest Hokage in history lol.

Quote Quote:
    I always loved comics, but it was Naruto that got me into manga, before I readed mainly european comics. Since then I have read a ton of different manga, most of them already finished, but there's still a lot to read. Right now in terms of shonen I read mainly One Piece. One Piece is by far the best, better than Naruto for sure, it's quite a perfect shonen. But aside from that there are loads of good stuff. Full Metal, Hellsing, Akira, Afro Samurai, Vagabond, Dragon Ball (not Z), Dr. Slump and much more. I'm not a big fan of Anime adapted from Manga, there some exceptions though, but there are very good Anime out there like Evangelion and of course Takahata's and Miyazaki's works.

Quote Quote:
    I will continue One Piece, and just like with Naruto, I will endure Bleach until the end. And I will keep reading comic books all my life basically.

Quote Quote:

Well to sum it up, since the fight between Jiraiya and Pain the series degraded too much. Sasuke started as a good anti-hero and was transformed into a retard, the fights passed from ninja to basically 2 guys randomly throwing techniques at each other until one goes down, too many unexplained things while others were over exploited. And finally regarding the art, while the backgrounds (buildings and landscapes) improved a lot, the character design went the opposite direction, specially lately. Still let's see it through the end, and hey the world doesn't end with Naruto, loads of excellent manga is still out there to be read.
    Last edited by Daniel; June 11, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

29. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast