Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: What good does explaining the plotholes do if...

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What good does explaining the plotholes do if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    People ( Dumbledore ) found them after lucky shots ( Harry destroying the diary ), years of research and Harry obtaining a memory.
    Not randomly punching a wall for no reason
    Lucius put the diary in Gina's handbag. And if I remember it, the other was an object that belonged to Tom's mother, and Dumbledore took it because the Horcrux make those who touch it addicts, which caused Dumbledore a fatal disease.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    If this would've happened once or twice, or for a good reason, I don't think anyone would be bothered.
    As you said chance discoveries happens all the time, I agree.
    Take the Lord of the Rings, just to make a famous example:
    Bilbo found the Ring by complete accident, and later Gandalf confirms it was his fate, just like it was Frodo's fate to carry it.
    But that is one occasion, and its the author that, instead of being lazy, is focusing on one of the principal themes of the book, how Fate guided the Ring to its distruction. And then again, it was both a great blessing and the worst curse.
    Well, to be fair, that kind of coincidence exists in real life. You have billions of people, eventually you are going to find out rare cases...

    But yeah, how Juugo found that scroll is very weird. But they didn't found something that can change the world, because they can't use it. They need Orochimaru, who should know where the scroll was anyway, making it kind of a waste. So in that sense they only gained the knowledge of something that can change the world.
    Last edited by Fox666; September 21, 2012 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  2. #17
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What good does explaining the plotholes do if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Why on earth are people still complaining about the Obito "plothole" stuff? At least there's sort-of an explanation behind it. What about all the other glaring plotholes in the series that people just skip over?

    Like the stuff with Izanagi:

    - So you need Hashirama's genes to use it, like Tobi told Konan?
    - Itachi says the whole clan spammed it so much they had to develop Izanami?
    - How could they spam it if it costs you an eye?
    - If it changes reality however you want, why not make yourself several extra eyes with it?
    - No Uchihas thought to use Izanagi while Itachi was massacring them? Durr....

    Doesn't make any goddamn sense. Just one of many things in the series.

    I don't know why people seem to pick and choose which plotholes they're going to get upset about. Personally, I don't see the Obito stuff as that bad, since we've started to get explanations in the recent chapters. I think the author made Tobi's identity way too obvious at first, then used the Madara stuff to make people wonder again.

    And why couldn't one single person tell Naruto about his parents, seriously...

    You got most of that wrong, let's brake it down:

    Quote Quote:
    - So you need Hashirama's genes to use it, like Tobi told Konan?
    No you do not. If you have Hashirama's genes you can use it for longer. Normal Uchiha could use it for the briefest of moments(no senju DNA needed). Tobi could use it for some 10 minutes (some claim 5).
    Danzo had senju DNA but he could not control Hashirama's power and so he could not master it. He needed even Orichimaru to experiment on his to extend the duration to 1 minute.

    Quote Quote:
    - Itachi says the whole clan spammed it so much they had to develop Izanami?
    Not spam it but use it at key points to win crucial battles.

    Quote Quote:
    - How could they spam it if it costs you an eye?
    They have 2 eyes so you get 2 casts/dude. Its spamming enough.

    Quote Quote:
    - If it changes reality however you want, why not make yourself several extra eyes with it?
    It does not work that way. What it does is to revert actions done from the point it is activated. It can't exacly create new eyes.
    It alows you to chose a diferent path if you chosen wrong the first time.
    If you lose an eye before Izanagi is activated it can't reverse that.

    Quote Quote:
    - No Uchihas thought to use Izanagi while Itachi was massacring them? Durr....
    We do now know how many of them knew of it. We know that at a point it was common but then it become forbidden tech even for the Uchiha, it was a secret. Probaly only the leaders or a small % of people knew it.
    Besides it only lasts for "riefest of moments" he would only need to strike 2x time or 4x times if the dude would go blind but the thing is Itachi assasinated most of them before they knew they where under attack. His parents did not even fight back...

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #18
    Intl Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Criss-Kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    316
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What good does explaining the plotholes do if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Why on earth are people still complaining about the Obito "plothole" stuff? At least there's sort-of an explanation behind it. What about all the other glaring plotholes in the series that people just skip over?

    Like the stuff with Izanagi:

    - So you need Hashirama's genes to use it, like Tobi told Konan?
    - Itachi says the whole clan spammed it so much they had to develop Izanami?
    - How could they spam it if it costs you an eye?
    - If it changes reality however you want, why not make yourself several extra eyes with it?
    - No Uchihas thought to use Izanagi while Itachi was massacring them? Durr....

    Doesn't make any goddamn sense. Just one of many things in the series.

    I don't know why people seem to pick and choose which plotholes they're going to get upset about. Personally, I don't see the Obito stuff as that bad, since we've started to get explanations in the recent chapters. I think the author made Tobi's identity way too obvious at first, then used the Madara stuff to make people wonder again.

    And why couldn't one single person tell Naruto about his parents, seriously...
    Because if we suddenly were to focus on so many glaring plotholes with this series, we would grow such hatred that we would start to make weird stuff like kidnapping strangers, breaking into city council meetings and trying to kill the mayor.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What good does explaining the plotholes do if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Lucius put the diary in Gina's handbag. And if I remember it, the other was an object that belonged to Tom's mother, and Dumbledore took it because the Horcrux make those who touch it addicts, which caused Dumbledore a fatal disease.
    it is really off-topic, but because this came into argument, i want to mention another thing. about the horcruxes, because of the following quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Voldemort hid his horcruxes too. I wonder how people still manage to find them.
    the only accidental finding of horcruxes has been the diary. and the funny thing is that the finding of this diary hadn't been an accidental at all. it was all part of a plan which has been explained in Part 2 of the series. and about Harry relating to the book, that has been explained throughout the later parts of the series. another horcruxe was the Goblet and that was part of a bigger plan as well. other than that, all the horcruxes have been found through intentional exploration.

    the example shown above was a bad one. so i felt like stating my opinion on that. but actually sudden things can happen in a story, that isn't a bad thing always.

    now on topic:

    I agree with Uchiha_Blood. finding such a important thing that could win the war so suddenly is poor explanation of story. of course it can be explained like that; but that in no way would be a good explanation. this necessarily isn't a plothole, instead it is bad explanation.

    another thing would be Hashirama cell. Madara lived for ages? no problem; Hashirama cells. Obito has every limb (or most) of his body destroyed? no problem; Hashirama cells. Uchihas have a technique that makes them blind? no problem, Hashirama cells. you want something that can create millions of clone fighters? no problem, Hashirama cell. you don't know where to find them? no problem; i better as well quote Zehahaha:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Hashirama's cell ®
    It's a registered trademark nowadays, you can find it in Madara's super market, and there's a super promo : You buy a sample of Hashirama's cells, you get two Sharingans ® for free !
    then comes another accidental explanation:

    conveniently, Madara was still alive when Obito was being crushed by the boulders. conveniently the boulders weren't enough to kill him. conveniently, Obito managed to phase through (or teleport) to exactly where Madara was living on. conveniently, Madara had enough medical knowledge to research on creating artificial life, so he saved Obito.

    yeah, my main focus is on the point; Obito managed to go exactly to Madara. that's major accidental explanation number two. (and Uchiha_Blood, i tried to copy your post theme. )

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Posts
    967
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: What good does explaining the plotholes do if...

    I think that there are obviously flaws to Naruto, and it's good to point them out, but there's a difference between doing that and relentlessly complaining. The former is constructive, the latter is beating a dead horse.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts