Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Relationship Between Kaidou and Dofla

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Relationship Between Kaidou and Dofla

Quote Originally Posted by Toniberto View Post
    Hey guys!
    Just wanted to share something that is bugging me as soon as i read this chapter.
    Law proposed to Luffy to bring down one of the Yonko, so going for exclusion i'd say it could be only Kaidou, because if it was Shanks, Luffy would never accept his proposal, also if it was Big Mama it would be too convenient because it could be said that Luffy is already on short terms with her, then remains only Blackbeard, and I (as probably all of you) think that it's too early for that, so the only possible target should be Kaidou.
    Now why should his plan on bringing down one of the Yonko start by fighting Doflamingo? and also the way Dofla crew keeps calling him Young Master made me think of this, brace yourselves: Doflamingo is Kaido's son!

Waiting for your response maybe i'm forgetting something important, if it is so please enlighten me.
    interesting, you had already foreseen that. I didn't really expect it to be kaido,but rather big mam. it's quite dumb that rufy accepts to fight someone he doesn't even know,where's his justice?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I don't want to sound rude, but I might as well say that Dofla is the son Garp too, or maybe WB, or Sengoku who knows... How can I back it up ? Well, I have nothing to prove that, in the same fashion you don't, not at least a single little hint we can link between Dofla and Kaidou

Neither we know who is the Yonko they want to target too (yes, your reasoning is pretty much right when it comes to Shanks and BB, but no BM)
    well,actually, doflamingo can't be their son,as he fought against WB,and sengoku called him "scum". it's fair assuming he is kaido's son (although I don't believe that),as we know nothing of kaido.
    I think he gave him smiles,in exchange of having his allowance to make business in the NW,where the emperors rule.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Law might be Kaido's son and he gave him to Dofla for babby sitting him.. or left law with dofla to the elders we saw playing cards at Dressrosa like how garp left luffy with Ace to Dadaan..... So Kaido might be knowing Dofl's father..... That might be a reason for Law to strike Kaido ,,, He wants answers .... !!! ... or may be want to prove some point..
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; January 28, 2013 at 07:25 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Please take care not to post spoilers from this weeks chapter. The 24 hour spoiler rule is still in effect, please do not discuss events from chapter 697 outside of the chapter discussion thread until Thursday.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

ok,so now we have got it: they are no connected except that kaido is doflamingo's most important customer,in exchange (likely) of letting doflamingo make business in NW (where he would be crushed if he hadn't stuffs to change)

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    If that is true, then I wonder why Law made such a point of destroying the SAD facility. There has to be a reason why eliminated SAD and Smile was the first step in his plan, why it was an important key to defeating Kaido. You would think destroying Punk Hazard would somehow weaken Kaido's position.

At the moment, we do not know if defeating Dofla is part of Law's plan. I assume it is, only because Law would expect Dofla to retaliate. Smile might be the only thing that matters to Kaido, not Dofla himself. But permanently stopping SAD production wouldn't be possible until Dofla is defeated.
    I think stopping SAD production would prevent Kaidou and possibly other yonkou from getting stronger. As long as SAD continues to be made, whoever gets it will get stronger. Law likely aimed to prevent the customers from getting stronger.

of course, I forgot what SAD is. I keep thinking it makes devil fruit. :\ If that's true, then I stick by with what I said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think stopping SAD production would prevent Kaidou and possibly other yonkou from getting stronger. As long as SAD continues to be made, whoever gets it will get stronger. Law likely aimed to prevent the customers from getting stronger.

of course, I forgot what SAD is. I keep thinking it makes devil fruit. :\ If that's true, then I stick by with what I said.
    What you said was true. SAD is a chemical compound that only CC knows how to produce. Dofla owns a factory that can turn SAD into smiles, artificial zoan devil fruit.

And yes, eliminating smiles ensures Kaido can not get stronger. As long as he has access to smiles his army of devil fruit users can continue to grow exponentially. Law's plan has to do more than keep him from getting stronger though, it must also weaken him. Kaido is still a Yonkou, even if he can't get stronger, he's still more than Luffy and Law can handle as things are now. In a sense those who complain about power levels are correct. The Marine needed a war to defeat Whitebeard. The next phases of Law's plan must not only prevent Kaido from becoming stronger, but actively weaken his position. Eliminating allies, seizing territory. Something like that.

Wouldn't it be interesting if smiles only temporarily grant df powers? Maybe unlike real df, the powers are not absorbed into the dna (or w/e), and don't become permanent. Losing Smiles would be a real blow then. Not only could he not increase the size of his army, but without more fruit his troops will lose their powers. Probably not, but it would be an interesting twist.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have other theories about Law weakening Kaidou? I like the idea about Smiles being a temporary power up but even if Kaidou loses his special Zoan corps, he should still be too much for Luffy and Law to handle. Kaidou seems to be a Yonkou for a long time which would mean that even without the Smiles, he had enough power to be in a stalemate with guys like WB or Shanks.
    My guess right now is that the Smiles have some kind of switch integrated to them, similar to how Momo reacted to the words "get a hold of yourself", which could turn the Smile users against Kaidou. I think several hundred Zoan users could be a problem, even for Kaidou´s crew.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Do you have other theories about Law weakening Kaidou? I like the idea about Smiles being a temporary power up but even if Kaidou loses his special Zoan corps, he should still be too much for Luffy and Law to handle. Kaidou seems to be a Yonkou for a long time which would mean that even without the Smiles, he had enough power to be in a stalemate with guys like WB or Shanks.
    My guess right now is that the Smiles have some kind of switch integrated to them, similar to how Momo reacted to the words "get a hold of yourself", which could turn the Smile users against Kaidou. I think several hundred Zoan users could be a problem, even for Kaidou´s crew.
    Your post drove me to this page:

Spoiler show

If smileys are the future, slaves are the past. An slave has to obey no matter what order they are required to follow. Maybe, smileys are the future because smileys users are much more obedient; and in addition their power is increased... It would be like a development in terms of eficiency in the field of having obedient and useful slaves. If that would be the case, Tenryubitos could also be potential buyers of the smiley. ... Nice, imo.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Stopping SAD production was only the first step. All I am speculating about is the first stage of Law's plan. Even if smile powers only last temporarily, more will need to be done before Law and Luffy are ready to confront the Kaido Pirates. The next step could be liberating islands from Kaido. We saw the terms Mam imposed on Fishman Island. I can't imagine Kaido's terms are any more benevolent. Maybe they drive allies of Kaido's off of an island, or two, convincing them to fly Luffy's jolly roger instead.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What you said was true. SAD is a chemical compound that only CC knows how to produce. Dofla owns a factory that can turn SAD into smiles, artificial zoan devil fruit.

And yes, eliminating smiles ensures Kaido can not get stronger. As long as he has access to smiles his army of devil fruit users can continue to grow exponentially. Law's plan has to do more than keep him from getting stronger though, it must also weaken him. Kaido is still a Yonkou, even if he can't get stronger, he's still more than Luffy and Law can handle as things are now. In a sense those who complain about power levels are correct. The Marine needed a war to defeat Whitebeard. The next phases of Law's plan must not only prevent Kaido from becoming stronger, but actively weaken his position. Eliminating allies, seizing territory. Something like that.

Wouldn't it be interesting if smiles only temporarily grant df powers? Maybe unlike real df, the powers are not absorbed into the dna (or w/e), and don't become permanent. Losing Smiles would be a real blow then. Not only could he not increase the size of his army, but without more fruit his troops will lose their powers. Probably not, but it would be an interesting twist.
    I could see that happening - which would effectively reduce Kaidou's pirates' power just enough or significantly. I'm sure they have more than just temporary devil fruit's power that makes them dangerous, but SHP and Law (possibly his crew as well) would have an easier time fighting normal Kaidou pirates. Temporary devil fruit power can't be the only reason why Kaidou's crew is as dangerous, I'm sure we'd see more of their own abilities. Weren't Whitebeard and Lucci dangerous for their abilities without using devil fruit?

Law and Luffy most likely would have a difficult time handling Kaidou. Not sure if they'd get others to join, but those two beating Kaidou would say a lot about their power as it took Marine and Blackbeard crew to finally end Whitebeard.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see that happening - which would effectively reduce Kaidou's pirates' power just enough or significantly. I'm sure they have more than just temporary devil fruit's power that makes them dangerous, but SHP and Law (possibly his crew as well) would have an easier time fighting normal Kaidou pirates. Temporary devil fruit power can't be the only reason why Kaidou's crew is as dangerous, I'm sure we'd see more of their own abilities. Weren't Whitebeard and Lucci dangerous for their abilities without using devil fruit?

Law and Luffy most likely would have a difficult time handling Kaidou. Not sure if they'd get others to join, but those two beating Kaidou would say a lot about their power as it took Marine and Blackbeard crew to finally end Whitebeard.
    My rationale is basically this: Caesar may not have the expertise level needed to give humans permanent devil fruit powers. Or, like MiyamotoMusashi said, they could add some sort of switch to the fruit, limiting how long it's effective, forcing Kaido to buy more and more from Dofla.

I have a feeling Kaido and his officers have real devil fruit powers, some could also be haki users. The smile users could be lower ranking, foot soldiers in his army.

---------- Post added February 06, 2013 at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was February 04, 2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

An interesting comment about smiles in this weeks chapter. Law said that as artificial fruit, there are side effects (risks in the Mangarule version). Very interesting. There is going to be more to this than preventing the continued growth of Kaido's army. That, of course, is one goal, and already stated by Law.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If the side effect of the artificial devil fruits allow to weaken Kaidou then there is no point in destroying the SAD and smiles production. I understand it more as a fact that real fruits are still better. I wouldn't be surprised if the risks in question were that you die in half of the case or something similar. But Kaidou doesn't seem to be someone who care much about such facts.
    But it's clear that we miss something that would really weaken Kaidou at this stage of the plan.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

My rationale is basically this: Caesar may not have the expertise level needed to give humans permanent devil fruit powers. Or, like MiyamotoMusashi said, they could add some sort of switch to the fruit, limiting how long it's effective, forcing Kaido to buy more and more from Dofla.

I have a feeling Kaido and his officers have real devil fruit powers, some could also be haki users. The smile users could be lower ranking, foot soldiers in his army.

---------- Post added February 06, 2013 at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was February 04, 2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

An interesting comment about smiles in this weeks chapter. Law said that as artificial fruit, there are side effects (risks in the Mangarule version). Very interesting. There is going to be more to this than preventing the continued growth of Kaido's army. That, of course, is one goal, and already stated by Law.
    I agree. Chances are, the smile users will be taken out with some relative ease, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    If the side effect of the artificial devil fruits allow to weaken Kaidou then there is no point in destroying the SAD and smiles production. I understand it more as a fact that real fruits are still better. I wouldn't be surprised if the risks in question were that you die in half of the case or something similar. But Kaidou doesn't seem to be someone who care much about such facts.
    But it's clear that we miss something that would really weaken Kaidou at this stage of the plan.
    There is actually a point, considering the artificial devil fruit still seemingly give power to whoever consumes it. We don't know what the side effects are, but as Kaiten said, it could be that artificial devil fruits don't last as long, in order to keep Kaidou buying more.

Destroying SAD would also prevent more devil fruit users in his army as well.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Chances are, the smile users will be taken out with some relative ease, as well.
    I have a hunch the smile users are fodder, that their power is in numbers. That is overwhelming, 500 devil fruit users. Power levels almost do not matter when you are talking about such a big number.

Quote Quote:
    There is actually a point, considering the artificial devil fruit still seemingly give power to whoever consumes it. We don't know what the side effects are, but as Kaiten said, it could be that artificial devil fruits don't last as long, in order to keep Kaidou buying more.

Destroying SAD would also prevent more devil fruit users in his army as well.
    Ultimately Law mentioned that there were side effects for a reason. It wasn't idle chatter, or trivia, but an important point, something that will effect how Kaido's army fights.

You're exactly right, the point of destroying the SAD facility, and the smile factory, is to prevent Kaido's army from growing even larger. Law's plan has just begun. It's not at the point yet where they can weaken Kaido. Right now they only want to ensure he can not get any stronger.
    Last edited by Kaiten; February 10, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the thread topic got answered in recent chapters... at least we know they're no best buddies, just partners in crime. Dofla is even implied by Law to be the inferior one in this relationship.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2