Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Ochi Tsukimitsu

The results are hidden 0%
  • Tooyama Kintarou

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama

Thanks Kaoz,
    Mental Pressure.
    This match is 7-5 to Tooyama and would be an awesome match.

Tooyama is an idiot. His Mental just can't be high. His non-practical tactics of tennis show it.
    Against Ryoma, he was throwing Stamina all around the place. He didn't play intuitively one bit.

Mental Pressure would take games from Kintaro's serve.

However, with Clone Technique, Kintaro can just begin releasing clones before the serve is made. We can't rule that out.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I'm thinking 6-2 or 6-3 Kintarou. The pressure won't be on Ochi's opponent here, but on Ochi as Ochi doesn't have the speed or power to counter Kintarou so there will be zero threat of Kintarou's serve being broken. With the clones, Kintarou eventually returns Mach if he couldn't do so from the start. Of course, Kintarou could perhaps KO Ochi with Daishaarin. :P
    Its not all about power in this series.
    Technique is shown to be able to handle power to a certain extent, and Ochi showed good court coverage with his height.
    I think 6-2 is a bit much.
    I'm going with 6-4 or even 7-5.
    Mental Pressure should really get to Kintaro. He's an idiot on and off the court after all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Thanks Kaoz,
    Mental Pressure.
    This match is 7-5 to Tooyama and would be an awesome match.

Tooyama is an idiot. His Mental just can't be high. His non-practical tactics of tennis show it.
    Against Ryoma, he was throwing Stamina all around the place. He didn't play intuitively one bit.

Mental Pressure would take games from Kintaro's serve.

However, with Clone Technique, Kintaro can just begin releasing clones before the serve is made. We can't rule that out.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Its not all about power in this series.
    Technique is shown to be able to handle power to a certain extent, and Ochi showed good court coverage with his height.
    I think 6-2 is a bit much.
    I'm going with 6-4 or even 7-5.
    Mental Pressure should really get to Kintaro. He's an idiot on and off the court after all.
    For sure, only Ochi would win games thanks to Mach and his mental pressure. If you think about it, Kintarou's mental should be 1 or 2 at most as he doesn't seem to have enough mental strength to at least fight the pressure. However, he could overcome it tough or destroy Ochi's hands with power shots.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    For sure, only Ochi would win games thanks to Mach and his mental pressure. If you think about it, Kintarou's mental should be 1 or 2 at most as he doesn't seem to have enough mental strength to at least fight the pressure. However, he could overcome it tough or destroy Ochi's hands with power shots.
    I think people are underestimating Kintarou's mental too much. The only time that his mental was destroy was due to yips. And Yips will probably destroy 90%+ of the players mental. The only players who wouldn't get crush by it would be the top HSs, and MSs only. Yukimura has stated when he saw Echizen fighting Yips that most players would already give up, and that's probably true.

If players play and can't even touch Rai, would you guys say their speed sucks? It probably doesn't. Yips is so far the strongest mental crushing tech in the entire series, at least on top of my head. If anyone think any other tech is more mind crushing than not having your 5 senses, please tell me.

He's also under pressure from his other two matches, but I don't see him givings ways to those two.
    Last edited by -Ken-; September 20, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We all know kintaro is a play for fun kinda character, but he was still susceptible to YIPS against Yuki. Here it shows his mental is a weakness that can be exploited.

But Ken has a good arguement about Yuki pretty much would YIP almost anything standing.
    Last edited by Tsukihime no uta; September 20, 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I
    He's also under pressure from his other two matches, but I don't see him givings ways to those two.
    If Atobe dropped like 2 games from it, unless you are suggesting Tooyama has a higher Mental than Atobe, then Tooyama should drop a game or two it as well.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

If Atobe dropped like 2 games from it, unless you are suggesting Tooyama has a higher Mental than Atobe, then Tooyama should drop a game or two it as well.
    It could be? I think Atobe will probably be the same way from Yips too. The only three MS I saw standing after Yips is Echizen, Sanada, and Tezuka.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be? I think Atobe will probably be the same way from Yips too. The only three MS I saw standing after Yips is Echizen, Sanada, and Tezuka.
    Tezuka didn't get Yukimura's Yips.
    Yukimura's Yips isnt the little Yips Tezuka got. Yuki's Yipes makes you blind, deaf and other ridiculous things.
    Atobe should suffer from Yips as easy as the next man.
    Atobe only has a 3 in Mental, but I'm not sure if Kintaro has any higher.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Tezuka didn't get Yukimura's Yips.
    Yukimura's Yips isnt the little Yips Tezuka got. Yuki's Yipes makes you blind, deaf and other ridiculous things.
    Atobe should suffer from Yips as easy as the next man.
    Atobe only has a 3 in Mental, but I'm not sure if Kintaro has any higher.
    No, but Tezuka got and can control PoP freely. That means he>>>>>> Yips.

And you're right, it's unknown if Kintarou mental is any higher. But I think judging from his attitude, I won't be surprised if it's higher. There's also a fact that Kintarou was the main character Konomi was planning to use before he replaced him with Echizen, too.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i like kintaro, but the mental asssasin...
    i would think ochi would win

atobe was said to have good mental, and not sure if the manga showed his stat chart.
    but i dont think kintaro has atobe's level of mental strength.
    as as people stated , kintaro plays for fun and is competitive, so i'm inclined to believe his mental str is low and he cant over come the evil eye.
    yea kintaro is strong... but you can counter with 2 hand swing. if you guys are refering to kintaro's super move, just wait until he uses it and it gets hit out of the court in not passed the net.

like wtf kintaro may use lots of his stamina. just my opinion i know i'm not in the majority on this one

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

The super move actually seemed to fly straight at your opponent. And it's more dangerous than a shot that break the spotlight.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

my point is if kintaro is under the influence of ochi's ability , then maybe kintaro will miss or hit it out.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    I think 10 guys holding a racquet have a better chance of hitting a ball than just 1.
    If we're talking about hitting the ball in different possible locations like with Vanish, sure. If we're talking about reaction speed, it doesn't change anything.

Thanks Kaoz,
    I assume you mean he'd have them swing one after another in a straight line or something like that (assuming that's even possible)? Remember that Ochi can vary the timing on his serve as he pleases (as in, he isn't forced to hit by anything other than the time limit), so he can just watch what Kintarou does and hit it when the timing is right.

Also if you're willing to give Ochi 4 or 5 games, I think he takes it. The mental pressure only increases as time goes on.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

No, but Tezuka got and can control PoP freely. That means he>>>>>> Yips.

And you're right, it's unknown if Kintarou mental is any higher. But I think judging from his attitude, I won't be surprised if it's higher. There's also a fact that Kintarou was the main character Konomi was planning to use before he replaced him with Echizen, too.
    You just said Tezuka was still standing, but he never suffered it. Ever.
    We already know Tezuka >>> Yips, Right now Tezuka >>>> Everything until we see any different.

I know about Kintaro being main character, but it doesnt change the fact that he is portrayed as stupid.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

You just said Tezuka was still standing, but he never suffered it. Ever.
    We already know Tezuka >>> Yips, Right now Tezuka >>>> Everything until we see any different.

I know about Kintaro being main character, but it doesnt change the fact that he is portrayed as stupid.
    Stupid could also means that Kintarou won't care enough about the match enough for Mental Assassination to kick in. Or it can also means that he won't be affect by anything that happen in the match because he's too stupid to care. Mental=/= Smart. We never ever saw Kintarou being set back in any match no matter how bad things are for him. Isn't that the definition of high mental? I at least believe you used this justification that Yagyuu had high mental and Kaidoh had low mental.

Also, the fact that he WAS the main character means he's probably pretty dang good at not giving up. Do I need to tell you about standard shounen main characters personality?

And *cough* to anyone that bring up improvement and plot power in other thread. There's no way Kintarou can lose this one, right, right? Kintarou surely got more plot-power than Tachibana/Chitose/Hiyoshi because he was supposedly the guy that suppose to be leading this manga!*sarcasm*

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I assume you mean he'd have them swing one after another in a straight line or something like that (assuming that's even possible)? Remember that Ochi can vary the timing on his serve as he pleases (as in, he isn't forced to hit by anything other than the time limit), so he can just watch what Kintarou does and hit it when the timing is right.

Also if you're willing to give Ochi 4 or 5 games, I think he takes it. The mental pressure only increases as time goes on.
    Really and truly, Ochi should take this at the 7-5 mark by this.
    Neither one of them will lose their service game.
    The only issue is that Kintaro will definetely drop at least one game to Mental Pressure.

Just the fact Ochi is known as the Mental Assassin and has the respect of the rest of the Top 10 for Mental Pressure, it implies he took out many guys at the camp with it.
    He just has to take a game at the least off of Kintaro.

The only argument for Kintaro is that Ochi is damaged after a Super Megaton Deluxe early on in the match.
    With that it should lower Mach's speed so Kintaro can adjust to take it.
    I'm giving Ochi his service game definetely, but I can't confirm just how weak he is in terms of Physical strength.

We just know he isn't particularly strong physically.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast