Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Ochi Tsukimitsu

The results are hidden 0%
  • Tooyama Kintarou

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama

Singles 1Ochi TsukimitsuTooyama Kintarou
    TitleMental AssassinSuper Rookie of the West
    SchoolHigh School 3rd YearShitenhouji 1st Year
    Height226 cm151 cm
    Weight???52 kg
    Dominant HandRightRight
    PlaystyleCounter PuncherAggressive Baseliner
    TechniquesMachSuper Megaton Wonder Deluxe Yama Funka Serve
    Super Ultra Great Delicious Daishaarin Yama Arashi

Serve order: Kintarou -> Ochi

This round ends on Sunday, September 23rd 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 1] Ochi vs Tooyama

Ochi is considerably cooler.
    However the Mach Serve should be countered once they reach the 5-5 mark with Clone Technique.

I believe he prepares clones before the serve, he can counter the serve eventually.
    Also, Tooyama is said to have Super Strength, while Ochi doesn't really have strength.

That Super Yama Funka Serve looked damaging. Along with Clone Technique and Super Megaton blah blah Tooyama shouldnt lose.

So Tooyama 6-4 Ochi

But this is definetely a match I would love to see animated.
    Most exciting match in this tournament so far for me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Tooyama definitely. The only problem is Mach serve, Kintarou would deal with it if Atobe returned it second try. However, Kintarou's mental is really low, so he might have problems dealing with Ochi's mental pressure.

I'm going with Tooyama because he would destroy Ochi as he has no strength. 6-3 for Tooyama or 6-4.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

This depends entirely if Tooyama can break the serve. Ochi Mental Assassin also seem that it would be pretty effective against Kin-Chan. However, I don't see Ochi returning Kin-Chan new serve either. Eventually, Ochi arm should give out.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be really close. Tooyama wins in the strength department, but Ochi wins in the Mental department.
    Ochi's Mental pressure sorta ressembles Yukimuras Yips in a way. When yuki yipped Tooyama, he was utterly defeated, even though he is one known for amazing strength.
    Ochi's serve would also be a big factor too.
    Tooyamas serve was good too--- but even though it seemed like it scored on Hakamada, it really didnt phase him as he just did vanish the next points and started beating Tooyama.

I think Ochi could hold serve, as it seems he was never broken in the match except maybe in the very last set. Tooyama would prolly hold serve too, but might have a higher chance of being broken if the mental pressure gets to him.

Close match where I still can not determine a winner.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime no uta View Post
    I think it would be really close. Tooyama wins in the strength department, but Ochi wins in the Mental department.
    Ochi's Mental pressure sorta ressembles Yukimuras Yips in a way. When yuki yipped Tooyama, he was utterly defeated, even though he is one known for amazing strength.
    Ochi's serve would also be a big factor too.
    Tooyamas serve was good too--- but even though it seemed like it scored on Hakamada, it really didnt phase him as he just did vanish the next points and started beating Tooyama.

I think Ochi could hold serve, as it seems he was never broken in the match except maybe in the very last set. Tooyama would prolly hold serve too, but might have a higher chance of being broken if the mental pressure gets to him.

Close match where I still can not determine a winner.
    That could mean that's because Hakamada strength is good. Ochi, on the other hand. got his racquet flying from just Kabaji's shot, which is no where Gin, and especially not equal to a shot more dangerous than that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking 6-2 or 6-3 Kintarou. The pressure won't be on Ochi's opponent here, but on Ochi as Ochi doesn't have the speed or power to counter Kintarou so there will be zero threat of Kintarou's serve being broken. With the clones, Kintarou eventually returns Mach if he couldn't do so from the start. Of course, Kintarou could perhaps KO Ochi with Daishaarin. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah Ochi's a weaklin in terms of power he would get Koe'd by one of Kintarou's techniques. 6-2 for Kin-chan

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ochi (and Mouri for that matter) were really that weak to power shots, why did Atobe tell Niou to switch back to Tezuka and not stay as Kabaji for the rest of the match as well? Seems like a much better choice to me if it was that simple.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    If Ochi (and Mouri for that matter) were really that weak to power shots, why did Atobe tell Niou to switch back to Tezuka and not stay as Kabaji for the rest of the match as well? Seems like a much better choice to me if it was that simple.
    I've already discussed with you that I don't think they're that weak to power shots and Kabaji's just a limited player, so he's more or less ineffective against them. However, Kintarou's power is on a whole new level above Kabaji's and while I'm not saying Kintarou will KO Ochi, Kintarou just has incredible speed and power, plus the clones, and Ochi can't stand up to that long term.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    However, Kintarou's power is on a whole new level above Kabaji's and while I'm not saying Kintarou will KO Ochi, Kintarou just has incredible speed and power, plus the clones, and Ochi can't stand up to that long term.
    He doesn't need to. Clones aren't really effective against Mach since it's based on reaction, not court coverage, so that should still take games and Kintarou is probably weaker to pressure than Atobe and will eventually beat himself.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't need to. Clones aren't really effective against Mach since it's based on reaction, not court coverage, so that should still take games and Kintarou is probably weaker to pressure than Atobe and will eventually beat himself.
    Reaction also happen to be Kin-chan forte. Doesn't he jump back far enough to get a ball that supposedly should score during his one point match with Echizen? I think if Ochi is going to win this, he'll by Mental Assassination

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Mental Assassination caused by the pressure on Atobe to win? Kintaro's one of those "play for fun" guys who doesn't really care about winning. In fact, Chitose said his carefree attitude was why he was closest to TnK, not Echizen... so would Mental Assassination even work?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Reaction also happen to be Kin-chan forte. Doesn't he jump back far enough to get a ball that supposedly should score during his one point match with Echizen? I think if Ochi is going to win this, he'll by Mental Assassination
    Yeah but that Twist Serve is much slower than Mach. Or at least I would assume so given that people usually at least see it and it doesn't just end up behind them.

EDIT: Actually that more shows a good movement speed, not reaction. If he had an awesome reaction time, he would have just hit it the first try like everyone else.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiraishi View Post
    Kintaro's one of those "play for fun" guys who doesn't really care about winning.
    Where does it say that he doesn't care about winning?
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 20, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think 10 guys holding a racquet have a better chance of hitting a ball than just 1.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast