Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Hiyoshi Wakashi

The results are hidden 0%
  • Matsudaira Chikahiko

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

Singles 2Hiyoshi WakashiMatsudaira Chikahiko
    SchoolHyoutei Gakuen 2nd YearHigh School 3rd Year
    Height172 cm176 cm
    Weight60 kg???
    Dominant HandRightRight
    PlaystyleAggressive BaselinerServe and Volley
    TechniquesEnbu TennisFlower

Serve order: Matsudaira -> Hiyoshi

This round ends on Sunday, September 23rd 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

Flower took a game or two off Shiraishi and Kirihara.
    I believe it is gonna take games off of Hiyoshi.

Matsudaira has a 5 in Speed. The guy's fast.
    Hiyoshi is a solid player but there is nothing about him that stands out as a specialty.

Matsudaira should win this comfortably.
    Matsudaira 6-3 Hiyoshi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen, flower seem to completely dominate National! Shiraishi. He can't get a point off flower until he takes off his gauntlet, which push him to another level. I view Shiraishi as a much much stronger player than Hiyoshi. As such, I don't think Hiyoshi can break flower serve at all. Moreover, flower doesn't seem to have any drawback on its usage. Matsudaira will probably take this.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiyoshi was able to return Tanhuessier serve or w/e from Atobe, a serve that dominated Echizen for most of their match. I think he would be able to return his serves eventually. Other than his serve-- Flower man has not really shown much else, other than losing to Hakamada in singles.
    Hiyoshi is sorta being hyped up as the next hyotei captain parallel to Kaidoh, so maybe they are around a similar level, with Kaidoh prolly above him.

At this point it is still tough to decide who would win.

Also-- Hiyoshi did go through the mountain training too-- so he has prolly improved quite a bit since then.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it's a very close match when you pit Matsudaira against Hiyoshi.

Matsudaira's serve Flower dominated Akaya and Nationals!Shiraishi which is definitely saying something. Matsudaira has above average stats everywhere, with a 5 in Speed and 4s in Power and Stamina. His Technique and Mental are at 3s, which isn't bad (although certainly not a strength.)

On the other hand, Hiyoshi is set to be Hyotei's next captain. His match against Atobe at the beginning of Shin has allowed him to overcome his weakness of direct combat. It says that he used to only guard against attack but he now attacks directly. His Enbu Tennis is also his natural style of playing (I dunno, I feel playing naturally and not having to force learn your technique makes it easier for you) and he also went to the mountain training. I'm quite sure he will return Flower at some point during the match after a few games.

As I said, it's a close match, but in the end Matsudaira will take the match 6-4 or 7-6. Hiyoshi has improved enough that he will be able to keep up with Matsudaira after a few games. However, it will take him more than one game to return Flower and in the end , that's what is going to cost him the match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Matsudaira wins this simply because Hiyoshi isn't even in the same tier. As it's been stated, Hiyoshi can't do anything against him.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As Faye said, this really isn't a competition. Hiyoshi's not exactly close to being able to compete against the 3rd Court, and the 3rd Court weren't amazing, so...

Matsudaira wins 6-0.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

And what if Hiyoshi was one of the eight players that beat a 2nd court guy easily? If that's the case, Hiyoshi would win the match without too much problems then.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

We just haven't seen such abilities, Letal. Sure, you can prophesy forward, but that's completely unknown territory. Based on what we do know, Matsu wins easily.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    We just haven't seen such abilities, Letal. Sure, you can prophesy forward, but that's completely unknown territory. Based on what we do know, Matsu wins easily.
    Not necessarily. Hiyoshi needed some kind of rising shot to return Tannhauser, and unless his racket gets blown away, that might very well render Flower useless. And even lower tiered MSers like Hiyoshi shouldn't get dominated in stats by 3rd court players at this point anymore.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Not necessarily. Hiyoshi needed some kind of rising shot to return Tannhauser, and unless his racket gets blown away, that might very well render Flower useless. And even lower tiered MSers like Hiyoshi shouldn't get dominated in stats by 3rd court players at this point anymore.
    Hiyoshi gets the front foot hop thing, but you do have to remember that he'd seen Atobe hit THS hundreds of times in practice. Plus, that's specifically designed to nullify a ground hovering shot, whereas Flower operates like a normal serve without any of that ground business. I know that Matsu's quick, but he lacks mental strength. I just don't think Hiyoshi can do enough to damage Matsu's mental.

We've yet to see that FFH is useful agaiinst anything other than THS, and by extension other ground hovering shots such as Houou Gaeshi and Cool Drive.

The core of Hiyoshi's game, that Enbu Tennis, really isn't very strong. Yes, Hiyoshi has leveled up to some degree, but he's still pretty weak. Ignoring that pointless hype about him being the next Captain of Hyoutei, Hiyoshi is limited. Even though he gains a boost to his stats when he uses Enbu Tennis, Matsu is quick and won't be outfought by it. Hiyoshi lacks any kind of serve to hurt Matsu with (and doesn't have even a worthwhile flat serve), so Matsu could take initiative through the service return.

You have to remember that while the 3rd Court players didn't have amazing stats in the grand scheme of things, players like Hiyoshi were so far below their level that he'd need a significant boost to come up to their level. I don't see Elimination Matches!Hiyoshi being able to do much against Nakagauchi, whereas I think Momo could. Sure, Momo has leveled up drastically since his loss to Oni, but even before then, players at Momo's level had less far to go than Hiyoshi did.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; September 20, 2012 at 02:16 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiyoshi gets the front foot hop thing, but you do have to remember that he'd seen Atobe hit THS hundreds of times in practice. Plus, that's specifically designed to nullify a ground hovering shot, whereas Flower operates like a normal serve without any of that ground business. I know that Matsu's quick, but he lacks mental strength. I just don't think Hiyoshi can do enough to damage Matsu's mental.

We've yet to see that FFH is useful agaiinst anything other than THS, and by extension other ground hovering shots such as Houou Gaeshi and Cool Drive.
    You have to hit both right after they touch the ground, the principle is exactly the same. There's no reason why it shouldn't work against Flower. Give him a game for adaption if you want, but I doubt he'll be overwhelmed by it for the whole match.

The core of Hiyoshi's game, that Enbu Tennis, really isn't very strong. Yes, Hiyoshi has leveled up to some degree, but he's still pretty weak. Ignoring that pointless hype about him being the next Captain of Hyoutei, Hiyoshi is limited. Even though he gains a boost to his stats when he uses Enbu Tennis, Matsu is quick and won't be outfought by it. Hiyoshi lacks any kind of serve to hurt Matsu with (and doesn't have even a worthwhile flat serve), so Matsu could take initiative through the service return.
    It's true that Matsu's fast, but Enbu Tennis is an usual style and not necessarily something he's seen before. As such, he can probably be thrown off balance with it which partly negates the high speed. And when you say Hiyoshi doesn't have anything else, Matsu doesn't really have anything outside of Flower either, something that shouldn't last him the whole match.

You have to remember that while the 3rd Court players didn't have amazing stats in the grand scheme of things, players like Hiyoshi were so far below their level that he'd need a significant boost to come up to their level. I don't see Elimination Matches!Hiyoshi being able to do much against Nakagauchi, whereas I think Momo could. Sure, Momo has leveled up drastically since his loss to Oni, but even before then, players at Momo's level had less far to go than Hiyoshi did.
    What kind of stats would you give Elimination!Hiyoshi, Shuffle!Hiyoshi and G10!Hiyoshi then?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

Elimination!Hiyoshi, Shuffle!Hiyoshi and G10!Hiyoshi
    What the heck is all this?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    What the heck is all this?
    The specific times in the manga. So like ch 10, ch 30, ch 70 in that case.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kaoz,

Fayte and FrostyMouse are right in that Hiyoshi hasn't shown he can be at that level.
    Unfortunately for him he was paired with Mukahi, so I won't be judging him too much on the Natonals Quarterfinals match.

But against Atobe, it was stated Atobe wasn't playing seriously and just wanted to make it a long game.
    I mean, he used his 2-Part smash ONCE lol.
    He never used anything else besides THS which Hiyoshi should know very well.

He's still good though, but after we saw Matsudaira do damage against Kirihara and Shiraishi like that, I mean... What chance should Hiyoshi really have?
    And why on earth should we assume G10!Hiyoshi is different from Shuffle!Hiyoshi?

Not everybody was making big improvements from Mountain training as we already discussed many times before.
    If Kenya, Marui, Gin, Oishi, Shiraishi*, Kirihara* haven't shown significant improvement since Nationals, why should Hiyoshi show a big jump?

*Shiraishi only removed a weight.
    *Angel Mode is Doubles with Shiraishi only according to Pair Puri

All in all, based on what we have seen, Enbu Tennis shouldnt stun somebody who stunned Nationals!Kirihara and Nationals!Shiraishi. Individuals who are levels above Hiyoshi.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast