Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Hiyoshi Wakashi

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Matsudaira Chikahiko

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    And why on earth should we assume G10!Hiyoshi is different from Shuffle!Hiyoshi?

    Not everybody was making big improvements from Mountain training as we already discussed many times before.
    If Kenya, Marui, Gin, Oishi, Shiraishi*, Kirihara* haven't shown significant improvement since Nationals, why should Hiyoshi show a big jump?
    As you said, we've been through this before. I don't really want to repeat myself either, the thing is that you don't seem to consider anything an improvement that can't be shown by a technique or whatever, which I don't agree with for the purpose of this discussion.

    There isn't enough time to show 30 or so improvements and there can be improvements outside of special moves (even significant ones). That being said, he doesn't need a significant improvement because...

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    All in all, based on what we have seen, Enbu Tennis shouldnt stun somebody who stunned Nationals!Kirihara and Nationals!Shiraishi. Individuals who are levels above Hiyoshi.
    Normal!Kirihara isn't that good, he had like 13.5 total. And both Normal!Akaya and Hiyoshi were defeated by Echizen back during Kantou by what seems to be an equal amount (remember that Hiyoshi only lost 4-6 against an Echizen who was supposed to play at his best). From what I can gather, AM!Kirihara (the version that returned Flower) is the same as REM!Kirihara without the mental drop, and while that's definitely an improvement, it's not a gap that you can't reasonably overcome in this timeframe.

    Adding to that, Hiyoshi is prepared much better for this than Shiraishi or Kirihara were. Remember the court on the cliff where every shot had an irregular bounce? Any serve that's as fast as Flower requires the same reaction speed there, and we got to know that everyone was able to return that stuff by the end.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    I don't think Hiyoshi would have too much problems to return Flower as Tannahuser is an even harder serve to return.

    Matsudaira only has excellent speed, but if Hiyoshi returns Flower, I think he can win the match, he should have improved quite a bit and should be able to defeat a 3rd court guy. Hiyoshi wins 6/3 or 6-4.

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I don't think Hiyoshi would have too much problems to return Flower as Tannahuser is an even harder serve to return.

    Matsudaira only has excellent speed, but if Hiyoshi returns Flower, I think he can win the match, he should have improved quite a bit and should be able to defeat a 3rd court guy. Hiyoshi wins 6/3 or 6-4.
    I definitely think so. Hiyoshi only return it because he saw it countless of time. That doesn't mean that he could return Flower.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...2/c010/10.html

    Do you think Hiyoshi is stronger than National! Shiraishi? I don't think so. And National! Shiraishi got dominated by flower.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I definitely think so. Hiyoshi only return it because he saw it countless of time. That doesn't mean that he could return Flower.

    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...2/c010/10.html

    Do you think Hiyoshi is stronger than National! Shiraishi? I don't think so. And National! Shiraishi got dominated by flower.
    I don't think Nationals!Shiraishi is weaker than Hiyoshi, however, as Kaoz said, the irregular court where the losers played, there the ball bounced much like flower, and everybody was able to play normally there by the end of the training. Hiyoshi would definitely return flower after some tries, don't underestimate the guy, he has potential.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I don't think Nationals!Shiraishi is weaker than Hiyoshi, however, as Kaoz said, the irregular court where the losers played, there the ball bounced much like flower, and everybody was able to play normally there by the end of the training. Hiyoshi would definitely return flower after some tries, don't underestimate the guy, he has potential.
    He has potential. But we don't see it yet. So he possibly could win. But from what we've seen, I don't think he can win.

    I ask this before in Tachibana/Chitose thread. Are we counting possible improvement+plot power? To quote the exact word, "So, improvement and plot seem to be a legit assumption for everyone? I know whos winning when it's Ryoma vs anyone then. "
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #21
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    As you said, we've been through this before. I don't really want to repeat myself either, the thing is that you don't seem to consider anything an improvement that can't be shown by a technique or whatever, which I don't agree with for the purpose of this discussion.

    There isn't enough time to show 30 or so improvements and there can be improvements outside of special moves (even significant ones). That being said, he doesn't need a significant improvement because...
    That isn't true. Don't change things. I myself said that I don't require a technique to see improvement.
    At least three people repeated what you said and it was annoying repeating myself.

    The point still stands that they ''improved'' in the Mountains, and you're a liar if you can tell me specifcally how Hiyoshi improved. Since we haven't been told a thing in detail where he improved. All we know is he can hit irregular bounds, so we're talking about a slight boost in Technique.

    Therefore, if he doesn't get a significant boost, he shouldn't really do well against Matsudaira.
    So he returned THS that he has seen nearly everyday from after Regionals right through til the Camp invitation.

    Nationals!Shiraishi who broke down the counters of Fuji had to remove a weight to return it. Nationals!Shiraishi > Hiyoshi right now.
    Don't see Hiyoshi beating Nationals!Fuji (No CE/6th Counter included).

    We don't need to see 30 improvements to judge on other BJB members improvement.
    Tooyama, Momoshiro, Kawamura, Niou, Kabaji clearly improved.
    Oishi and Kenya also improved. But you can't prove they improved by much.

    Going by that, only the Higher level players showed good improvement.
    Don't see why we should suggest Hiyoshi improved much. We just know he improved, and he wasn't that good to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I don't think Nationals!Shiraishi is weaker than Hiyoshi, however, as Kaoz said, the irregular court where the losers played, there the ball bounced much like flower, and everybody was able to play normally there by the end of the training. Hiyoshi would definitely return flower after some tries, don't underestimate the guy, he has potential.
    Richard Sakata and Shishido Ryo were also in that scene. On this, are we going to assume they can handle the Flower serve while Nationals!Shiraishi couldnt?
    Hiyoshi does have potential, but he isnt beating Matsudaira.
    If Matsudaira was taking games from Nationals!Shiraishi with just a serve, although I don't think in Singles he would beat Nationals!Shiraishi, I know it has to trouble Hiyoshi.

    Since when did returning a shot you know so well mean you can return every other serve?
    Flower Serve and THS have completely different concepts.
    Flower Serve is more along the lines of Twist Serve, Knuckle Serve and Kick Serve while Tannhauser Serve lands like Tsubame Gaeshi.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    He has potential. But we don't see it yet. So he possibly could win. But from what we've seen, I don't think he can win.

    I ask this before in Tachibana/Chitose thread. Are we counting possible improvement+plot power? To quote the exact word, "So, improvement and plot seem to be a legit assumption for everyone? I know whos winning when it's Ryoma vs anyone then. "
    Exactly what we went over in like one of the first matches Ken.
    Hiyoshi shows no reason to be at that level.
    I don't see him beating Marui or Hirakoba for starters.

    ---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Normal!Kirihara isn't that good, he had like 13.5 total. And both Normal!Akaya and Hiyoshi were defeated by Echizen back during Kantou by what seems to be an equal amount (remember that Hiyoshi only lost 4-6 against an Echizen who was supposed to play at his best).
    What about Nationals!Shiraishi? Try and tell us how Hiyoshi is as good as Nationals!Shiraishi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    From what I can gather, AM!Kirihara (the version that returned Flower) is the same as REM!Kirihara without the mental drop, and while that's definitely an improvement, it's not a gap that you can't reasonably overcome in this timeframe.
    What's REM!Kirihara?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Adding to that, Hiyoshi is prepared much better for this than Shiraishi or Kirihara were. Remember the court on the cliff where every shot had an irregular bounce? Any serve that's as fast as Flower requires the same reaction speed there, and we got to know that everyone was able to return that stuff by the end.
    Why?
    We don't know if its the same time.
    I doubt we should really be assuming everybody from the Mountain training is suddenly immune to sudden-movement-style serves like Knuckle Serve and Flower Serve.
    Since your now implying Richard Sakata can now handle Flower Serve after Mountain training. Since Hiyoshi partnered up with Sakata during that scene.

  10. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    What's REM!Kirihara?
    I think it stands for Red Eyes Mode. But I think Kaoz meant Devil Mode.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  11. #23
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think it stands for Red Eyes Mode. But I think Kaoz meant Devil Mode.
    Red Eyes Mode is Bloodshot Mode.

    BM!Kirihara is better than Hiyoshi lol. Since Ryoma didn't use Muga no Kyouchi against Hiyoshi but he used Muga against Kirihara.
    BM!Kirihara > Hiyoshi on that note.
    Since Ryoma wasn't even in Muga against Hiyoshi as he hadn't mastered it yet.

  12. #24
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I ask this before in Tachibana/Chitose thread. Are we counting possible improvement+plot power? To quote the exact word, "So, improvement and plot seem to be a legit assumption for everyone? I know whos winning when it's Ryoma vs anyone then. "
    Plot power and reasonable improvement aren't the same. Pretty sure the rules state that reasonable improvement may be taken into account.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The point still stands that they ''improved'' in the Mountains, and you're a liar if you can tell me specifcally how Hiyoshi improved. Since we haven't been told a thing in detail where he improved. All we know is he can hit irregular bounds, so we're talking about a slight boost in Technique.
    You said it yourself, their reaction time (which was the problem for Shiraishi and Akaya really) improved so much that they could play on that court. Moreover, Flower always has the same path whereas the balls on the practice court were much more random.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Richard Sakata and Shishido Ryo were also in that scene. On this, are we going to assume they can handle the Flower serve while Nationals!Shiraishi couldnt?

    I doubt we should really be assuming everybody from the Mountain training is suddenly immune to sudden-movement-style serves like Knuckle Serve and Flower Serve.
    Since your now implying Richard Sakata can now handle Flower Serve after Mountain training. Since Hiyoshi partnered up with Sakata during that scene.
    Flower was returned by a non DM!Kirihara who quite frankly isn't very good and also far below Nationals!Shiraishi. Flower just isn't that strong of a serve once you got used to it it seems.

    We can discuss about the winner here, but I don't think Hiyoshi will struggle against Flower throughout the whole match.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think it stands for Red Eyes Mode. But I think Kaoz meant Devil Mode.
    Yes that's what it stands for. And no, I didn't mean Devil Mode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    BM!Kirihara is better than Hiyoshi lol. Since Ryoma didn't use Muga no Kyouchi against Hiyoshi but he used Muga against Kirihara.
    BM!Kirihara > Hiyoshi on that note.
    Since Ryoma wasn't even in Muga against Hiyoshi as he hadn't mastered it yet.
    If you look back, you will see that I only compared the normal Kirihara with Hiyoshi. I agree that REM!/BM!Kirihara is > Hiyoshi. I do not think that it's a gap you can't overcome within a few days in that camp, especially if you specifically train against that type of shot.

  13. #25
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Plot power and reasonable improvement aren't the same. Pretty sure the rules state that reasonable improvement may be taken into account.
    How many people get "reasonable improvement" that isn't based on the plot? Echizen goes from having only Muga to having Pinnacle of Hard Work, the upgraded version of Pinnacle of Hard Work, Pinnacle of Wisdom, and Pinnacle of Perfection all in one match. In my opinion, even if you ban PoP off Echizen, Echizen based on the agreement will still win against any player because it's reasonable because Echizen possibly could get an improvement on the scale of Pinnacle of Hard Work, the upgraded version of Pinnacle of Hard Work, Pinnacle of Wisdom, and Pinnacle of Perfection all in one match. That still makes him auto-win against anyone. If I reason it like that, then it's not plot, or is it?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #26
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Either way Kaoz, returning the irregular bounds in the mountains means he can return Flower after a game or two sure, but Matsudaira is likely more than Flower.
    Hiyoshi shouldn't have reached able to defeat old 3rd Court yet.
    Honestly I just don't think its right to assume that Hiyoshi could have improved that much.

    Only a few from the Mountains made significant improvement.
    In fact, not many MSers in general have made significant noticeable improvement. Don't see why we should assume Hiyoshi should have.

    Hiyoshi VS Matsudaira, Although most people have come here and written Hiyoshi off as losing this, they aren't wrong.
    Can't see why we should assume Hiyoshi has made a massive jump.
    This is a definete Matsudaira win.

  16. #27
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Round 1 - Team 7 vs Team 9 Singles 2] Hiyoshi vs Matsudaira

    Hiyoshi Wakashi: 1 vote
    Matsudaira Chikahiko: 11 votes

    Winner: Matsudaira Chikahiko

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts