Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tobi's Kotoamatsukami

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobi's Kotoamatsukami

Now I can't stop thinking that the left eye of Madara seen in chapter 602 has been passed to Obito, and is the same eye that was sealed when he used Izanagi against Konan.

Remember that Kotoamatsukami doesn't require eye contact, since Danzo has been used it under the bandages? That would be the reason why Tobi mask has only one hole.

That would explain a lot of things, especially how Madara brainwashed Obito, or how Kisame couldn't tell the difference beetween their faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tobi's Kotoamatsukami

something i wrote about two weeks ago:
    Quote Quote:
    another thing...old madara without rinnegan with only basic sharingan(maybe similar to shisui)...explains a lot about why he needed/wanted yagura(a cheap version of him and kyuubi).

this eye(s)...may have had something to do with obito's psycho thinking...
    there were quite an assortment of eyes on the wall of obito's hideout...(maybe a version of KA up there)...

it's funny Ao knew about shisui's ability...when this ability was rarely used(shisui was limited).also wasn't shisui known/nicknamed after his bodyflicker technique?
    i wonder where Ao seen this tech before to know about it...yagura...right
    my take on this...
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao said he fought Shisui before. If Shisui was of the same age as Itachi, he died at age 13, and since his eye could only be activated during the 4th war, he used it for the last time at age 11-12.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

then i would like to know how madara/tobi/obito/whoever controlled yagura without this tech...or atleast something similar to it.

because logically...yagura's bijuu would break him out of a genjutsu(right?)....
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

not when they aren't friends

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe yes , maybe no... But man , this eye technique is so hax and broken , another technique that would let a random guy beat anyone in 1V1 as long as they dont know about the technique (order to suicide or something like that)
    too bad danzou (who had 3 hours cooldown only thanks to hashirama cells ) never used it on the third to make him resigne and appoint him as the fifth hockage (more like plothole if you ask me...)
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Tobi's Kotoamatsukami

Quote Originally Posted by Rarhyx View Post
    not when they aren't friends
    yagura mastered his bijuu...being friends really doesn't matter...
    the three tails gave him chakra and stamina...i imagine there was some kind of pact between the two.unless,yagura was a lil like gaara and suppressed the 3Ts and sap it's power somehow.

he did have some kind of coral jutsu...maybe he could suppress the 3Twith this...like yamato using mokuton on naruto for example(but on himself)...shrugs

hope you get what i'm trying to say...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I get it but I think mastered doesn't also mean the bijuu will break him from genjutsu, maybe he mastered it to the degree in terms of power and not making the 3 tails a teammate like naruto and bee did.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Tobi's Kotoamatsukami

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    too bad danzou (who had 3 hours cooldown only thanks to hashirama cells ) never used it on the third to make him resigne and appoint him as the fifth hockage (more like plothole if you ask me...)
    for some reason...i think the third had a high"defense from/ability to counter"genjutsu...besides enma.
    he reigned for so long and no one tried him like oro did(and that was when he was just 5/10 yrs to old)...even obito didn't mess with the third nor madara.

back to point...if madara is hooked to the mazou and it's feeding him hashirama cells...who's to say the eye he's using isn't like shisui's and maybe...just maybe able to see other events(like sarutobi's crystal ball did...lol)and control yagura.

plus,the mazou may let madara just spam KA...

i'm really starting to believe lately that shisui and obito will end up being related...
    both deal with reality jutsus...

1)shisui changes the reality in your mind with kotoamatsukami...i know itachi's genjutsu can hurt you but control you?

2)obito changes reality with kamui...jumping back and forth in dimensions...a kind of self genjutsu like izanagi(imho...)

where sasuke/itachi/madara's jutsus are alittle more on the offensive side...with amaterasu,susanoo and such

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL good point ...
    tobi's mangeyku is basically a spammable izanagi

The mystery regarding how the hell didnt he go blind is still unsolved . The guy uses mangeyku to travel , to joke with others ... Sasuke was in troubles after 3 battles and needed an EMS
    bet you it's hashirama cells
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Ao said he fought Shisui before. If Shisui was of the same age as Itachi, he died at age 13, and since his eye could only be activated during the 4th war, he used it for the last time at age 11-12.
    I think the 10 year cool down for the eye did not apply to Shisui himself...

As for Yagura we will find out what happened with him(as we dont know why or how his tailed beast was removed and left to run free)

But i doubt that Madara has KA...its more logical that Madara manipulates Obito...Rins death could have finally forced obito to see that what Madara said was true and that there would would be better off sleeping forever.

My big question is why did Tobi never try to get his other Eye back
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

How would Oldara have Shisui's eye? You do know Shisui was around Itachi's age, right? Itachi was a small kid during the Kyuubi incident about 1 year after Oldara met Brokito. Assuming Kishi gives a flying crap about his timeline at this point, Shisui would be a decade from activating his MS and Kotoamatsukami. I highly doubt Madara had the same ability in a random stolen eye. That would just be incredibly cheap. I'm sorry, but it looks like it's going down the route of Rin dying and Obito going crazy over it.

Just so it's clear: Danzou had Shisui's eye #1. Itachi had Shisui's eye #2 and put it into a crow.
    Last edited by 3c; September 25, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know if the Kotoamatsukami is an ability unique of Shisui or a form of Sharingan (like Amaterasu or Kamui). Afterall he had a Mangekyou Sharingan, which supposedly is extremely rare at these times...

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    As for Yagura we will find out what happened with him(as we dont know why or how his tailed beast was removed and left to run free)
    Tobi and Deidara said Yagura died recently.
    TOBI IS OBITO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    We don't know if the Kotoamatsukami is an ability unique of Shisui or a form of Sharingan (like Amaterasu or Kamui). Afterall he had a Mangekyou Sharingan, which supposedly is extremely rare at these times...

Tobi and Deidara said Yagura died recently.
    Were dose Deidara say that
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    How would Oldara have Shisui's eye? You do know Shisui was around Itachi's age, right? Itachi was a small kid during the Kyuubi incident about 1 year after Oldara met Brokito. Assuming Kishi gives a flying crap about his timeline at this point, Shisui would be a decade from activating his MS and Kotoamatsukami. I highly doubt Madara had the same ability in a random stolen eye. That would just be incredibly cheap. I'm sorry, but it looks like it's going down the route of Rin dying and Obito going crazy over it.

Just so it's clear: Danzou had Shisui's eye #1. Itachi had Shisui's eye #2 and put it into a crow.
    Well there are plenty of issues with Shishui's ability....like how on earth did he or anyone find out he had that ability...anyway look at this:

Obito recalling his encounter with Madara

He also seems to remember his Konoha past quite well. I think we have good reason to believe that Obito is acting on his own and not under any jutsu.

But one also wonders what other choice he had, without Madara's help he was literally dead.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast