Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyuubi's turning into a fuzzy ball of joy

    10 25.64%
  • The random deus ex machina Suigetsu found

    5 12.82%
  • Obito and Mads' luck

    3 7.69%
  • all of the above

    11 28.21%
  • none of the above, you suck and Kishi is god!!1!

    9 23.08%
  • You call these bad? Let me tell you what's bad

    1 2.56%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Which one is worse?

  1. #1
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Which one is worse?

    Kyuubi transformation

    You know, Naruto?
    I basically killed your parents.
    I made your life a living hell. I tried to take over your body more times than none, and up until when you tried to control me, I would've gladly dined on you with a bottle of fine wine.
    But then you kicked by butt and stole my chakra, and hey, that's what pals do, right?
    So I made a 180° turn and now I'm your BFF.
    In 40 chapters.
    Life's good.

    Orochimaru's scroll
    You know, Sasuke?
    You totally left us to die a miserable death, and generally you never gave a shit about Taka since we were raped by Bee.
    We were in jail thanks to you, but I totally still am in love with you your BFF so I'll search you in Orochimaru's lairs even though you killed off the man and just about have no ties with those places whatsoever.
    Juugo destroyed a wall, and we obtained a weapon to control the world, don't ask me how. To try to control it never crossed my mind, I will give it to you.
    And I easily found you, traveling in, like, half a day and finding you in a secluded cave no one found, even though I retardedly searched for you in Orochimaru's place.
    You just took my scroll and said to me to GTFO and that you would be happy if I died, but I still want to be your BFF.
    You resurrected Orochimaru, extracting him from that chick that we don't know why she's even still alive, and I crapped my pants.
    Juugo sucks.
    Life sucks.

    Obito's transformation
    You know, Madara?
    We're like the luckiest guys in the world, you and I.
    I mean I received a boulder to the face, and the worst it did to me was improve my intelligence to impossible levels, I awakened an ability I shouldn't be able to use since I have a measly 2-tomoe Sharingan, even with Kishi retconning the Mangekyo's activating requirement so I could avoid death, and just as luck would want, I drop in your only hideout, where you went into hiding as a crippled old man, defenceless and alone.
    You are pretty lucky since you automatically obtained the most haxed Sharingan eye your clan has ever seen, and just pulled a magic trick transforming me into someone comparable to you in, what, 1 year?
    Makes me wonder why you didn't train other Uchihas, I mean imagine a clan made of Madaras, we would rule the world.
    Obtaining me you have set plans in motion that otherwise you wouldn't be able to accomplish since, well, Nagato just said "screw you".
    We also lucked out that Itachi got eaten by a disease, so I could obtain Sasuke and get rid of the biggest obstacle in one shot, I mean we don't even have to do the dirty work, our enemy kills themselves!
    Now you have an immortal body with infinite chakra, and can redirect Bijuudamas with a fan, while I just mindraped my former BFF and showed him who was the failure.
    Life's good.

  2. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Threads like these are the worst. On top of not contributing anything worthy of discussion, it is really just a concealed rant on why the Uchihas are cooler than [insert character], smarter that [insert more characters] and more powerful than [insert even more characters].

    I know, you are upset that Hashirama (+ his bro) got manhandled by an old man, and that Madara outlived and outsmarted his archnemesis.

    We get it.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #3
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Threads like these are the worst. On top of not contributing anything worthy of discussion, it is really just a concealed rant on why the Uchihas are cooler than [insert character], smarter that [insert more characters] and more powerful than [insert even more characters].

    I know, you are upset that Hashirama (+ his bro) got manhandled by an old man, and that Madara outlived and outsmarted his archnemesis.

    We get it.
    Yeah, Suigetsu and Kyuubi are totally Uchihas.
    Naruto too for that matter.



    And of course making a bit of irony is the worst, this manga is SERIOUS BUSINESS
    Somehow I keep forgetting that

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    They are all pretty messed up if I had to choose it would be the Kyuubi transformation though it was sort of unexpected how quickly Kurama changed personalities. However, it's not a big deal to me because I try not to look at all the negative aspects of naruto concerning the characters, plot holes, plot devices etc...I look at all the positive aspects and how I still enjoy reading weekly chapters. I advise everyone to do the same too, stop nitpicking at the story, and don't take things so seriously to the point of frustration. Enjoy the manga while it lasts that's all I have to say
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 20, 2012 at 08:10 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #5
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,375
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Suigetsu's scroll is the worst, IMO.

    Kyubbi becoming friend with Naruto make sense.
    He's been supporting him silently for a while now. He was just too proud to admit it.

    As for Obito and Madara, I'm fine with it, really.
    Sure, it was a hell of a coincidence that he ended up where Madara was hiding, somehow...
    But, it's not as "unbelievable" as Suigetsu scroll.

    Having a scroll that can change the tide of the war is okay, IMO.
    It's the way that they found it that is stupid.

    I would have been okay with either Kabuto having it on himself.
    Or even having the scroll on the Orochimaru's desk in his bed chamber...

    But, having it found in a hidden room that Juugo just happened to bash in while trying to hit Suigetsu...
    I don't know...

    I don't mind it that much, but out of the 3 you suggested, it's definitely the worst, IMO.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Threads like these are the worst.
    Nope... actually reading something like this makes me kind of happy...

    At least it makes me realize I'am not alone and there are some other people who realy care about the quality of this story and point out their disappointment because they expect better from a writer like Kishimoto, who managed to create a story we are following for years now.

    I realy have to do lots of head-shaking, face-palming and sighing when seeing all those people who are actually genuinely satisfied with Kishi's recent ways to handle things and even zealously try to defend and justify them while treating the complainers like some kind of nuisance.

    Its like going to the same restaurant every week of the year and they always serve you some realy tasty food... but one day they suddenly start throwing plates of dog-food in front of you. I don't understand how some people simply don't care about this and just accept it like nothing has happened.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  12. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #7
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    94
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Abou tthe scroll Suigetsu found, the reason he brought it to sasuke is because he CANT use it.
    But if he teams up with Sasuke it will also make him more able to get the 7 swords he desires.

  14. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Anywhere I want to be :)
    Country
    Romania
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    273
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    All I can say it's that I am a little sorry for how the story progressed, imo.I really get it, it is his story but he has to think before he draws...
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Country
    Singapore
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot187 View Post
    Abou tthe scroll Suigetsu found, the reason he brought it to sasuke is because he CANT use it.
    But if he teams up with Sasuke it will also make him more able to get the 7 swords he desires.
    you don't really know either

    i think the main take away from his extract is that they are all still retardedly smitten by sasuke even after all his betrayal and all their epiphanies.

    it does not even make sense, kishi spent chapter after chapter telling us how sasuke basically destroyed his own teammates and turned them away from him, emphasising self-destructive behaviour to achieve his goals

    suddenly "oooops let's go back. undo undo undo. just realised that path led nowhere, can't write good stories with that. i wonder if my readers will get mad... hmmm it's ok, i'll just depend on my fanboys to crush such nonsense as they see it"

  17. #10
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Every one of them is the worst. Though, Suigetsu is less of an annoyance because it makes sense evne if for plot reason. Obito surviving and landing at the right spot makes no sense, especialyl when Madara can barely move. Kyuubi turning 180 makes no sense either, at the least make it help Naruto while retaining some of its meaninesss, like in Part I. Just more free powerups for Naruto, I guess. That's probably the worst.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Quote:
    Obito surviving and landing at the right spot makes no sense
    Now watch as Kishimoto is going to devote a few chapters explaining in some obscure formulas on how Madara calculated Obito's slipthrough'n'fall moment for N years to allow him fall right on a well prepared bed to cushion it.

    I can only imagine it now.

    *Noises*
    Madara: "Any second now..."
    *Kamui sound*
    *Obito falling down*
    Obito: "AAAAARRGGHHH!!"
    Madara: "Oh noes!"
    *Falls on a bed*
    Obito: "???"
    Madara: ""

    p.s: longest sentence evar
    Last edited by IChallengeYou!; September 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #12
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Israel
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Its like going to the same restaurant every week of the year and they always serve you some realy tasty food... but one day they suddenly start throwing plates of dog-food in front of you. I don't understand how some people simply don't care about this and just accept it like nothing has happened.
    That's not really true. That point of view implies that your opinion of Naruto is what Naruto objectively is. These parts of the plot are not unambiguously bad. It's your opinion.

    See, it's not that a restaurant always serves you really tasty food and then stopped. It's that restaurant always serves you really tasty food, and then one day they serve something that you really hate. Well, tough shit, but that doesn't objectively mean it's dog food. It just means it's food you personally hate. Yes, it might be food that a lot of people don't like. It might be food that such intellectual giants like yourself believe to be of lower quality than previous meals, but it is not dog food.
    It's safe to say the quality isn't being lowered for the sake of disappointing you. The manga is just going in a different direction than you like, but it's not and will never be objectively bad, because it's down to opinion.

    There's also the fact that people on forums such as these are very biased regarding what good Naruto writing would be, because there's a very strong hivemind and if the writer disagrees with your theories it generally means he's an idiot.
    I believe that in a worldwide reader poll, unrelated to forums like this, people would not say that these things are necessarily bad. Your view is just genuinely biased because you are part of a group of people that has been looking at Naruto in a very specific way for a very long time. It's hard not to have a biased view.

    (by the way, I'm not suggesting that my view isn't biased or whatever. My personal opinions are obviously just as flawed. I'm also not trying to suggest that Naruto right now is objectively good. I just want to emphasize that you can't say it's DOG FOOD. You can only say it's food you don't like. Dog food is purposely and unambiguously bad, and will be considered by almost any sane individual to be of lower quality than the food provided before. That is not the case with Naruto.)


    P.S.
    I think making the poll option "i disagree with your opinion" as "LOL IM AN IDIOT AND I WANT TO PROVIDE KISHIMOTO WITH FELLATIO" is just a dick move, but whatever. I'm sure people disliking Kyuubi turning good when it's been obvious from the start are quite intellectually superior to me and I just can't comprehend their understanding of art.

  22. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    That's not really true. That point of view implies that your opinion of Naruto is what Naruto objectively is. These parts of the plot are not unambiguously bad. It's your opinion.

    See, it's not that a restaurant always serves you really tasty food and then stopped. It's that restaurant always serves you really tasty food, and then one day they serve something that you really hate. Well, tough shit, but that doesn't objectively mean it's dog food. It just means it's food you personally hate. Yes, it might be food that a lot of people don't like. It might be food that such intellectual giants like yourself believe to be of lower quality than previous meals, but it is not dog food.
    It's safe to say the quality isn't being lowered for the sake of disappointing you. The manga is just going in a different direction than you like, but it's not and will never be objectively bad, because it's down to opinion.

    There's also the fact that people on forums such as these are very biased regarding what good Naruto writing would be, because there's a very strong hivemind and if the writer disagrees with your theories it generally means he's an idiot.
    I believe that in a worldwide reader poll, unrelated to forums like this, people would not say that these things are necessarily bad. Your view is just genuinely biased because you are part of a group of people that has been looking at Naruto in a very specific way for a very long time. It's hard not to have a biased view.

    (by the way, I'm not suggesting that my view isn't biased or whatever. My personal opinions are obviously just as flawed. I'm also not trying to suggest that Naruto right now is objectively good. I just want to emphasize that you can't say it's DOG FOOD. You can only say it's food you don't like. Dog food is purposely and unambiguously bad, and will be considered by almost any sane individual to be of lower quality than the food provided before. That is not the case with Naruto.)


    P.S.
    I think making the poll option "i disagree with your opinion" as "LOL IM AN IDIOT AND I WANT TO PROVIDE KISHIMOTO WITH FELLATIO" is just a dick move, but whatever. I'm sure people disliking Kyuubi turning good when it's been obvious from the start are quite intellectually superior to me and I just can't comprehend their understanding of art.
    Lol Bro, you have access to the internet. Go do some research or look around ANYWHERE. People hate this Sh*t lol

  23. #14
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Eorzea
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    That's not really true. That point of view implies that your opinion of Naruto is what Naruto objectively is. These parts of the plot are not unambiguously bad. It's your opinion.

    See, it's not that a restaurant always serves you really tasty food and then stopped. It's that restaurant always serves you really tasty food, and then one day they serve something that you really hate. Well, tough shit, but that doesn't objectively mean it's dog food. It just means it's food you personally hate. Yes, it might be food that a lot of people don't like. It might be food that such intellectual giants like yourself believe to be of lower quality than previous meals, but it is not dog food.
    It's safe to say the quality isn't being lowered for the sake of disappointing you. The manga is just going in a different direction than you like, but it's not and will never be objectively bad, because it's down to opinion.
    Nope, you are wrong. I'am not bitching because the manga takes on into a direction I don't like... I'am pretty open about that, but because the quality of the story-telling has decreased.

    Lets take this for example:

    Quote Quote:
    I'm sure people disliking Kyuubi turning good when it's been obvious from the start are quite intellectually superior to me and I just can't comprehend their understanding of art.
    Kyuubi turning good is not an issue, the issue is how it happened. A story has to be believable to be good... if a characters behaviour ceases to be comprehensible its bad writing, there realy isn't anything "subjective" about this... and a malicious demon fox taking a 180° turn just because some brat he was looking down upon suddenly starts being cocky in front of him simply isn't believeable.

    Now, of course you can chose to overlook this and enjoy the story regardless of that, but that doesn't mean its good. Its the same as enjoying a burger at mc'donalds... many people like them and don't care whats inside of that thing, but that doesn't change the fact that its low quality food. Now don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want to treat a Shounen-Manga as Naruto like some kind of intellectual piece of literature and from time to time I enjoy my burger too, but Kishimoto simply isn't delivering the same quality of story telling this manga used to have.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

    Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

  24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  25. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    North Pole
    Posts
    661
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Which one is worse?

    While the things listed are unpalatable to a certain degree, what still bugs me is the "Rescue Sasuke" thing from Part 1.

    ME: "So... Orochimaru attacked your village and murdered your Hokage. Now he's sent his ninjas to kidnap Sasuke, in order to get the sharingan and grow more powerful?"
    PLOT: "Not important, send the children."
    ME: "Wtf? You can't spare one adult?"
    PLOT: "No, they're on missions or something."
    ME: "Really... an entire village full of ninjas are all too busy?"
    PLOT: "Yeah."
    ME: "Bullshit. What about the elders then? Danzo? Anbu? Tsunade herself?"
    PLOT: "No, it's more important that they stay in the village."
    ME: "But they send Naruto, the 9-tails host, out there without protection."
    PLOT: "He'll be fine, it's not like anyone is hunting him, or that villages don't spend inordinate amounts of effort to protect their tailed beast hosts."
    ME: "..."
    PLOT: "Plus, why care about Sasuke? It's not a big deal if the Sound Village gets its hands on one of Konoha's special eye techs."
    ME: "But what about the whole mess with the Hyuuga and Neji's dad having to die to protect Konoha's eye tech?"
    PLOT: "Errr.... just forget that part, ok?"
    ME: "Seriously, what are the elders doing?? Itachi warned Danzo that he'd go apeshit if anything happened to Sasuke."
    PLOT: "Don't read Part 2!!"
    ME: "Hey, it's not like Danzo was just okay with Oro having Sasuke, he sent Sai to kill him off!"
    PLOT: "Don't think about it!!!!"
    ME: "Arrrrgh, seriously, you couldn't have sent one adult?"
    PLOT: "No, but we will send Lee, who just came out of surgery!!!!!"
    ME: "..."
    PLOT: "And we'll have a crazy Dragonball Z style fight later!!!!11!111one"
    ME:

    ---

    People often seem to worship Part 1, but denigrate Part 2. In my view, they're pretty much the same. So I just try to roll with it at this point. Example: Madara's chained up to the plant thing, but Obito warped himself right there? ....Whatever.

  26. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts