Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

  1. #31
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ZonikStrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Lithuania
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Chuunin Exam was a total rip-off.
    -They begin with meeting a veteran, who tells the protagonists about the participants.
    -The second phase examiners also look and act similar. (Menchi, not Buhara lol)
    -While the most dangerous participant is a somewhat gay/pedo/weirdo who is after one of the main cast and has some connection with the deuteragonist's older brother as well as main antagonists' group of the series.
    -The deadly forest/island where they have to hunt each other so that at least half of them fails.
    -After the second phase is where they meet the "main dude" of the organisation who is an old man.
    -Also, the third phase is being hold in a tower and is (in HxH mostly) consists of 1-on-1 battles.
    -The final phase is an uncommon tournament, where you don't aim to be the last man standing (rules are still different though).
    -The first battle is the main character's one, where he defeats an opponent no one expects him to.
    -After some changes in battle order and the deuteragonist's battle everything goes out of control.

  2. #32
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    I hate when people compare Hunter x Hunter to Naruto. Naruto borrowed a few elements but they're nothing alike. Naruto went completely in its own direction, there plot, purposes, even characters are completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    HXH and Naruto have similarities,it's normal because there are shonen manga,but Naruto's universe and atmosphere are completely different.
    This. This so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by steadynco View Post
    There are some VAGUE similarities between the two, but to say HUNTERXHUNTER = Naruto is pretty insulting. Naruto is as cliche as you can get in shonen, with the storyline playing out for the sole purpose of fan service rather than trying to be compelling or intelligent. HunterXHunter is logical while being original and unpredictable, you get excited by mysterious characters/places/abilities/events but there's enough realism in the design and the character's actions/thoughts to make it something you can connect to quite deeply.
    You've got to be kidding me. Naruto? Cliche? Moving forward for the sole purpose of fan service? If you think Naruto, of all shounen, is cliche you must be very picky about what you watch. Ever seen a show called Fairy Tail? THAT, just takes the cake for the most predictable, cliche, pointlessly developed shounen i've ever seen. You say Naruto never tries to be compelling or intelligent? Have you SEEN the Pain arc. The way everything just flowed together and how so many things were revealed was beautiful, compelling, the whole sha-bang. Two fan favorites died in that arc and another fan favorite just died in the newest chapter, so don't give me that "cliche" bull. Naruto does fine as a stand alone series.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Its random, but out of curiosity does anyone know is Raiku Makoto has had any influences from others or has influenced others? (Aside from me of course)
    Raiku Makoto was influenced by Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball, early Dragon Ball to be more exact as you can tell from the flawless combination of both action and comedy in Zatch Bell. Think of Zatch Bell as Dragon Ball if Dragon Ball would have stayed the same from its first volume onward.

    Anyway, yeah, HxH fans bash on Naruto to much can't we just love them both? I know i do. Plus, i love how everybody loves to point out Narutos similarities with HxH but completely ignore the whole Naruto/Goku, Sasuke/Vegeta or Gon/Goten, Killua/Trunks thing.

  3. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    I agree with Yuyunarutoballz.

    I mean, I like HxH more than Naruto, but Naruto isn't a bad or cliche manga at all.

    Naruto borrowed elements from HxH at the beggining, but it has built its own plot, and it's nothing like HxH.
    Actually I think Naruto outperforms HxH in worldbuilding. Kishimoto's world is far more complex. The mythology about Rikudou and his sons, the moon, or Uchiha vs Senju are examples.

    I also find praiseworthy that Naruto is a continous story. While you can separate "arcs", the separation is not so abrupt as in other mangas.

    In One Piece they go from island to island with a different enemy in each one. In Bleach the arcs are very long but when they finish is clean slate.

    But Naruto has been moving forward the same plot, with Tobi as the final enemy, since years.

  4. #34
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Yeah, I don't know why people are trying to bring down Naruto, Its a great manga although the current arc is definitely not my favorite, it has some awesome story telling abilities, and I really like Hunter X Hunter as well, but I like them for different reasons.

    Yeah, I know Naruto borrowed some elements of Hunter X Hunter but, The story has transformed completely different, and I loved the Chuunin exam arc, that arc was awesome, and I don't see Naruto as Cliche, sure Naruto the character says some cliche things but its mostly because he uses those same lines over and over, so he kind of made it cliche on his own (yeah, it gets annoying sometimes) but, It is definitely not Cliche in general.

    I enjoy both of these manga alot, I was a huge fan of Naruto, Im probably not as big of a fan of the manga anymore, but I still like it, and right now Im loving Hunter X Hunter (Im new to it though, and I enjoy the characters.)

  5. #35
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Kurapika and Sasuke have special eyes and their clans have been annihilated, but to say that Naruto=HXH is quite exaggerating IMHO.
    Sure, there are a lot of common elements, but the two mangas have a completely different stroyline.

  6. #36
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    I haven't seen Naruto in awhile, but from what I remember the Chunin Exam also had parts that were similar to Genkai's tournament from Yu Yu Hakusho. Especially the part in both where participants have to survive an evil forest.

  7. #37
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Country
    France
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    235
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    One of the big reasons for Togashi making the G.I arc was because Kishimoto kept copying his work and so he went out of his way to do something completely different.

    Anyway:
    Kurapika has eyes that make him able to do any techniques, and he wants revenge on someone who killed his whole clan and possess a technique to steal other techniques. (Itachi = Kuroro)

    Hisoka's whole goal in being a G.R was to fight Kuroro and he then became a semi-mentor for Kurapika during the Y.S arc. (Hisoka = Orochimaru). His intro and the whole forest scene are very similar to Orochimaru's intro too.

    I don't have to talk about how Biscuit was flat out copied by Tsunade i hope.

    Anyway, Togashi's hiatus as well as G.I and so on meant that Kishomoto had to stop his week-by-week copy of HxH (he was also getting dissed a lot by the japanese public for it), so later on the similarities get rarer, though they do resurface every so often.

  8. #38
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner wahyu_rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    Indonesia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    You should reverse the title and say Naruto=HxH. HxH did come out before Naruto after all.
    Yeah, hunterXHunter come out before naruto, and their story more thrilling and More dramatic than Naruto, when newbie manga readers will love naruto, But anyone who have manny manga will thing Naruto story not developing very well
    I like Naruto, But i prefer read HXH than Naruto, Thats my opinion..

    ---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz View Post
    I hate when people compare Hunter x Hunter to Naruto. Naruto borrowed a few elements but they're nothing alike. Naruto went completely in its own direction, there plot, purposes, even characters are completely different.

    This. This so much.


    You've got to be kidding me. Naruto? Cliche? Moving forward for the sole purpose of fan service? If you think Naruto, of all shounen, is cliche you must be very picky about what you watch. Ever seen a show called Fairy Tail? THAT, just takes the cake for the most predictable, cliche, pointlessly developed shounen i've ever seen. You say Naruto never tries to be compelling or intelligent? Have you SEEN the Pain arc. The way everything just flowed together and how so many things were revealed was beautiful, compelling, the whole sha-bang. Two fan favorites died in that arc and another fan favorite just died in the newest chapter, so don't give me that "cliche" bull. Naruto does fine as a stand alone series.

    Raiku Makoto was influenced by Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball, early Dragon Ball to be more exact as you can tell from the flawless combination of both action and comedy in Zatch Bell. Think of Zatch Bell as Dragon Ball if Dragon Ball would have stayed the same from its first volume onward.

    Anyway, yeah, HxH fans bash on Naruto to much can't we just love them both? I know i do. Plus, i love how everybody loves to point out Narutos similarities with HxH but completely ignore the whole Naruto/Goku, Sasuke/Vegeta or Gon/Goten, Killua/Trunks thing.
    Nay, u read GINTAMA? why u so serius dude, just admit it.
    NARUTO just thrilling for elementary manga fans, the story just to easy to predict, and that "Power of Friendship" of Naruto just to much for fellow manga fans
    anyone who think Naruto was master piece thats True, but that view of Manga FANS, not Manga Reader, they just dont know any other manga thats good
    Naruto fans is just PLAIN FANS, they like thats another people like, they just dont have their own TASTE
    Come On.....!!!!!!


  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    You might as well say Meryem is a copy of Perfect Cell. At least they actually look alike.

    If you reduce everything down to one sentence elements then everything copied from everything.

    Outside of the obvious copying of the Hunter Exam, there's really not much copying either way just because Togashi's work ethics makes it pretty much impossible for anyone to copy from HXH once you start hitting the GI arc. "Woman with mega strength" is a relatively common subtype and that's about the only thing Biscuit has in common wiht Tsunade.

  10. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Bisuke and Tsunade aren't just women with mega strength. They're both old but hide their appearance to make themselves look younger. That's a little TOO specific xD

    But yeah, I know what you mean.

  11. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Bisuke and Tsunade aren't just women with mega strength. They're both old but hide their appearance to make themselves look younger. That's a little TOO specific xD

    But yeah, I know what you mean.
    Because people sure don't want to look younger in a world that allows you to easily pull it off?

    One of the biggest selling point of aura is that it allows you to shave about 10 to 20 years off your apparent age (Netero looks a lot older when he used up all his aura), and of course when you have people working on nijitsus that makes you live forever or bring back the dead, you'd naturally assume people would also do stuff that makes them look younger too.

    You migh as well say anyone who wishes to live forever copied from Dragonball because clearly nobody else would ever have that as a primary motivation in fiction otherwise.

  12. #42
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by wahyu_rockman View Post
    Yeah, hunterXHunter come out before naruto, and their story more thrilling and More dramatic than Naruto, when newbie manga readers will love naruto, But anyone who have manny manga will thing Naruto story not developing very well
    I like Naruto, But i prefer read HXH than Naruto, Thats my opinion..

    ---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------



    Nay, u read GINTAMA? why u so serius dude, just admit it.
    NARUTO just thrilling for elementary manga fans, the story just to easy to predict, and that "Power of Friendship" of Naruto just to much for fellow manga fans
    anyone who think Naruto was master piece thats True, but that view of Manga FANS, not Manga Reader, they just dont know any other manga thats good
    Naruto fans is just PLAIN FANS, they like thats another people like, they just dont have their own TASTE
    Please, can you be quiet, geez. I have read plenty of manga, and I'm still a fan of Naruto. Get over yourself, yeah Im not criticizing your taste but stop trying to dictate other peoples taste. If they like Naruto, they may have their own reasons to enjoy it, I like it because of its story can be really intense and it has a sense of seriousness, I also like the characters, especially the goofy ones like Rock Lee, and i like how his personality contrasts against someone like Gaara and Sasuke.

    I have read plenty of manga, and I may not be caught up in Hunter X Hunter (following the new anime), but I did that on purpose because of Togashi's constant Hiatus'.

    P.S. also I love Yu Yu Hakusho, but Hunter X Hunter has had more time to be crafted with care, while Naruto has been moving on schedule, I even thing Kishi should take a break to help craft his story, so It can be the best it can be.

    But for you to try and tell the fans that they don't have their own taste, just think that their is a reason it sells as much as it does, even if they're are other people who are just caught up in the hype, there are fans who genuinely like the series, hell I still love it, the pain arc was amazing to me.

    P.S. whats wrong with liking Gintama, I haven't read/watched it yet but I'm interested in it and I will check it out later. People have different tastes, and I respect your opinion, but Im kind of getting angry reading your comment.

  13. #43
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Because people sure don't want to look younger in a world that allows you to easily pull it off?

    One of the biggest selling point of aura is that it allows you to shave about 10 to 20 years off your apparent age (Netero looks a lot older when he used up all his aura), and of course when you have people working on nijitsus that makes you live forever or bring back the dead, you'd naturally assume people would also do stuff that makes them look younger too.

    You migh as well say anyone who wishes to live forever copied from Dragonball because clearly nobody else would ever have that as a primary motivation in fiction otherwise.
    Its just a coincidence that they're both BEAST, but look far younger and both grow old when they use their power. Netero doesn't look younger because he used the same technique as Bisuke. If you practice your Ten a lot, your aging slows down. Also, in the Naruto world if everyone wanted to look young or w/e like you said, why is Tsunade the only one with that ability... lol

  14. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    I always find it rather ironic that HXH has been more or less toe to toe with Naruto in terms of volume sales but if you like Naruto you're just one of the unwashed masses while if you like HXH you're super special. I guess that might be true outside of Asia but in Asia, HXH is pretty much the masses, and if not for the ridiculous hiatus HXH should be ahead of Naruto in sales. The biggest Chinese site for manga is called GreedLand.

    I don't even like Naruto, but HXH is not any less mainstream than Naruto in its country of origin. The 'XYZ stole from HXH' seems to assume HXH has a trademark on stuff like "Hero with a dark past" or "Magical energy that empowers you" or "Fights that require a brain" or "Charactere slightly more in depth than 1D" and similar stuff (and of course the real hardcore guys claimed Jojo's Adventures trademarked "Fights that require a brain"). Beyond the fact that you can't copyright say the elemental chakra system because the 5 elements existed way before Togashi was even born, Naruto uses the elemental system in such a haphazard way that it's basically meaningless (wind beats lighting, except when lightning beats wind). And if you say 'wel that's because Naruto stole the system poorly' I'd point out the Ant arc where the schools of aura become completely meaningless because every Royal Guard surpasses the highest level any human can achieve even in their weakest schools (Pitou's worst school is Reinforcement, but his normal physical strength is stronger than any human's normal physical strength).

    ---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Its just a coincidence that they're both BEAST, but look far younger and both grow old when they use their power. Netero doesn't look younger because he used the same technique as Bisuke. If you practice your Ten a lot, your aging slows down. Also, in the Naruto world if everyone wanted to look young or w/e like you said, why is Tsunade the only one with that ability... lol
    Tsunade is directly based on the main characters from Tengai Makyou (Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru) who also possesses unbelievable strength in the game. This game is on an obscure platform about 20 years ago, but clearly Togashi has 'girl with unbelieveable strength' copyrighted so a game that existed long before HXH started serialization must have stole that from HXH.

    Tsunade's physique does not change as a result of her technique, while Biscuit's physique does. In the real world we have people trying all kinds of crazy stuff to look young and whatnot, but apparently if you tried that in a fictional universe where you can do nijitsus you obviously stole that from HXH. Biscuit's ability is basically just really advanced plastic surgery, while Tsunade's ability reverses aging, at least temporarily. If you want to say 'Naruto stole from HXH', Tsunade has more in common with Uber Gon as both of their ability temporarily affects aging itself to achieve the desired effect, while Biscuit's effect has absolutely no effect on aging. It's just a really awesome set of plastic surgery that can make you look as young as you want but her physical body is always at her real age, as shown when the guy with scissors analyzed Biscuit's hair.
    Last edited by Phantron; December 25, 2012 at 01:08 AM.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Hunter x Hunter = Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I always find it rather ironic that HXH has been more or less toe to toe with Naruto in terms of volume sales but if you like Naruto you're just one of the unwashed masses while if you like HXH you're super special. I guess that might be true outside of Asia but in Asia, HXH is pretty much the masses, and if not for the ridiculous hiatus HXH should be ahead of Naruto in sales. The biggest Chinese site for manga is called GreedLand.

    I don't even like Naruto, but HXH is not any less mainstream than Naruto in its country of origin. The 'XYZ stole from HXH' seems to assume HXH has a trademark on stuff like "Hero with a dark past" or "Magical energy that empowers you" or "Fights that require a brain" or "Charactere slightly more in depth than 1D" and similar stuff (and of course the real hardcore guys claimed Jojo's Adventures trademarked "Fights that require a brain"). Beyond the fact that you can't copyright say the elemental chakra system because the 5 elements existed way before Togashi was even born, Naruto uses the elemental system in such a haphazard way that it's basically meaningless (wind beats lighting, except when lightning beats wind). And if you say 'wel that's because Naruto stole the system poorly' I'd point out the Ant arc where the schools of aura become completely meaningless because every Royal Guard surpasses the highest level any human can achieve even in their weakest schools (Pitou's worst school is Reinforcement, but his normal physical strength is stronger than any human's normal physical strength).

    ---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------



    Tsunade is directly based on the main characters from Tengai Makyou (Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru) who also possesses unbelievable strength in the game. This game is on an obscure platform about 20 years ago, but clearly Togashi has 'girl with unbelieveable strength' copyrighted so a game that existed long before HXH started serialization must have stole that from HXH.

    Tsunade's physique is roughly the same, only her apparent age. Biscuit's physique is not. In the real world we have people trying all kinds of crazy stuff to look young and whatnot, but apparently if you tried that in a fictional universe where you can do nijitsus you obviously stole that from HXH. Biscuit's ability is basically just really advanced plastic surgery, while Tsunade's ability reverses aging, at least temporarily.
    You should have just wrote it was from a game in the first place -_-

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts