Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Top 5

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 5

I am asking about your opinions, so I guess if people are differs in opinion. Let's not go after each others' throats now.
    And only used semi to fully developed characters, by that I meant don't give me something like Dragon because we don't know jack about him. Oh and it doesn't need to be top 5 (more or less depend on you). Answer any questions you like.

1) top 5 speed (any technique or DF are fair game)
    2) top 5 "brute" strength (don't consider DF power, but DF users are fair game)
    3) top 5 survivors- by this I meant ranking depend on how a person last without attack back. Endurance, Speed, Reflex, Devil Fruit abilities, whatever.

Since some of the characters will be in everyone ranking, if these following characters in your ranking, then rank them but don't count them within the 5
    -Speed: Kizaru and Enel (gold standard)
    -Brute Strength: WhiteBeard (I meant the guy stop a huge ship barehanded while being injured ummm) and Garp
    -Survivor: WhiteBeard (gold standard), any logia (rank them but don't count them), also Marco since he keep renegade himself

Lastly, no giant characters. But you can mentioned, who in your ranking you think is surpass the strength of a giant.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; September 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top 5

Speed:
    1. Kuma
    2. Marco
    3. Luffy

Strength:
    1.Rayleigh
    2. Jozu
    3. Others

Survivor:
    1. Rayleigh
    2. Doflamingo
    3. Kuma
    4. Boa
    5. Blueno

This is my list when I'm dead tired, I'll probably redo it when I more awake.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering why Boa make the list of survivor. But then, I realize I forgot she is a master of Kenbunshoku Haki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

speed is undefined

(mental) reaction speed? burst speed (acceleration)? maximum sustained movement speed?

luffy before he fought CP9 had higher mental reaction speeds than them even though he had less of a burst and sustained speed. he could dodge their soru attacks before he used gear 2. zoro and sanji are very good as well

soru is one method that gives burst speed by kicking the ground 10 times, but it's not sustainable. you have to stop, and redo it. kuma's paw powers as well

high max sustained movement speeds, enel and kizaru? lucchi as well, he had strength to move at soru speeds with ease and keep it up. sanji probably, he has the leg power, he chased down the jurors in enies lobby with ease. usopp too, he always ran in fear with such power.

what exactly are you asking for?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    speed is undefined

(mental) reaction speed? burst speed (acceleration)? maximum sustained movement speed?

what exactly are you asking for?
    I thought it was rather obvious. The trend is that all my question is some sort of physical feat. Rank them however you like, if you think burst speed is more important to a battle than a sustained speed which some case proven to be. In this case I rather not being too specific. Also your statement about how Luffy able to dodge CP9 before gear 2 based just on mental reaction speed is somewhat false. I just addressed this very specific on my ranking (on another thread). But if you re read the Luffy vs Blueno fight. Luffy's speed pre-gear was quite something. After all, he didn't just doge. He caught Blueno and threw him.

As for Sanji, pre-Enies Lobby level up, he was able to out speed Kalifa.

Okay so here is my question, a kaku that stop and used soru and stop and used soru in a race with usopp, who would win? I meant isn't that obvious regardless on the definition of speed. Unless, there is a character that can get really really fast like for 3 seconds and then can't do it for another 3 days afterward.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

My Speed Top 5 (current)
    • Law - instant teleportation between two Rooms should even outpwn Kizaru. Pretty haxxed though in battles as this speed is based on Law's reaction.
    • Kizaru - speed of light. 'Nuff said.
    • Enel - speed of lightning
    • Kuma - pushing off air with the speed of light is what makes him almost as fast.
    • Lucci - Kamisori should be slightly faster than Luffy's Gear 2 moves.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    I was wondering why Boa make the list of survivor. But then, I realize I forgot she is a master of Kenbunshoku Haki.
    I actually put her in there because of the effects of her beauty. That in itself is a scary ability, even without her Devil's Fruit. Her beauty basically nullifies any ill-will towards her, possibly letting her go through fights without being touched. Combine that with the fact that she is forgiven no matter what she does, she is basically untouchable, male or female, it doesn't matter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranking one single trait each time, and not repeating characters.

Speed: Ranking of just movement speed.

1) Kizaru - speed of light
    2) Enel - speed of electricity
    3) Kuma - teleportation anywhere
    4) Law - teleportation to one of his rooms
    5) Blueno - teleportation anywhere, but needs to make a door first

Strength: Ranking of just raw physical power.

1) Whitebeard - world's strongest man
    2) Sengoku - Fleet Admiral, took on Blackbeard's whole crew, used to fight Roger and Whitebeard, could hold Garp down
    3) Garp - Hero of the Marines, used to fight Roger
    4) Oars Jr. - he makes giants look small
    5) Luffy - can make one body part giant-sized and use haki with it

Survivor: Ranking on how long they can survive in a battle without attacking.

1) Mihawk - world's best swordsman, not a scratch on him in the whole war, can just parry everything
    2) Shanks - Yonkou, always fought Mihawk to a draw, but lost an arm so Mihawk doesn't want to duel him anymore
    3) Rayleigh - former first mate of the Pirate King, can't be captured by Marines, but he said he wasn't in his prime anymore
    4) Boa - Pirate Empress, master of haki, not a scratch on her in the whole war
    5) Buggy - super-duper weak (but this isn't a ranking of attacks, and he's usually just trying to run away), yet he somehow manages to get through every battle without critical injury (plot protection, of course), and can't be cut at all (even Logias can be cut)
    Last edited by Cyrs; October 01, 2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thread.

Top Five -Speed-:
    • 1.Borsalino -Kizaru-
      2.God Enel
      3.Bartholomew Kuma
      4.Trafalgar Law
      5.Monkey D. Luffy

I didn't though Luffy will it be in my ranking, but now he's mastered G2 and the Kenbunshoku and appearing behind his opponents like nothing, he deserves it.

Top Five -Strenght-:
    • 1.Monkey D. Garp
      2.Gekko Moriah (Shadow Asgard)
      3.Jozu
      4.Monkey D. Luffy (Nightmare Mode)
      5.Edward Newgate -Shirohige-

Basically i just make an scale of anyone who showed feats of strengh during the series.

Top Five -Survivor-:
    • 1.Blueno
      2.Silvers Rayleigh
      3.Donquixote Doflamingo
      4.God Enel
      5.Magellan

Blueno is there by his dimensional stuff, Ray is from Roger's crew and as Luffy said they can beat someone with out touching it, Doflamingo has Kenbunshoku and with his cunning ability it can kill anyone except Logia, Enel is the fanfuckingtastic lightning itself just with Haki you beat him but also has "mantra", finally Magellan is poison and can corrode everything that itself is a shield, it can be wounded but his rival is destined to die either way.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply