Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter! (Average rating: 0 / 0)

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

38 58.46%
  • Good!

24 36.92%
  • Regular

2 3.08%
  • Boring...

1 1.54%
  • Bad!

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
  • Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 301 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dark angel KaRamo's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 301 Discussion / 302 Predictions

First epic chapter.
    this made me love fairy tail even more so many twist and turn in the Manga. Anyway if Zeref really turned a human DS into a dragon then why in the first place what did he have to gain. And it seems that if a DS kills a Dragon and bath in it's blood you become more dragon like i wonder is this why Sting and Rogue say that they killed there Dragons to become true Dragon Slayer... hmmmm. And why still no info on that mystery woman damn!.

You've made enemies of the worst guild!!!!!! We are fairy tail

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    The part on "Bathing in Dragon Blood" reminded me on a German epic poem "Nibelungenlied" - or at least the summary I can remember - from the Middle Ages: A dragon-slayer called Siegfried bathed in the blood of a dragon he killed to gain an invincible skin so he is unaffected by all possible attacks. Did Hiro Mashima just reinterpret that "Nibelungenlied"? ö_Ö

However, there's a turn of events in this Lied .... But I'm not going to tell you here, as it may turn out to become a spoiler for Fairy Tail plot.
    haha jeah, had the same thoughts xD but i dont think he will take the entire nibelungenlied into this manga and siegfried didnt become a dragon at all. ^^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

so now we acnologia was a human who is now a dragon who beat gildarts so easily and natsu is currently still weaker than him . im excited at how powerful natsu will become in order to defeat acnologia and perfaps with his defeat the rest of the dragons might come out of hiding and claim natsu as their new dragon king

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Zeref is the one that turned Acnologia into a Dragon.
    I really think that Zeref was and is a good guy.

I think he might have been a dragon that turned into a human.
    Maybe, he actually turned Acnologia into a Dragon and himself into a human by some transfer magic.

Maybe he used the same technique on Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy...
    That would explained a few things for sure...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    The part on "Bathing in Dragon Blood" reminded me on a German epic poem "Nibelungenlied" - or at least the summary I can remember - from the Middle Ages: A dragon-slayer called Siegfried bathed in the blood of a dragon he killed to gain an invincible skin so he is unaffected by all possible attacks. Did Hiro Mashima just reinterpret that "Nibelungenlied"? ö_Ö

However, there's a turn of events in this Lied .... But I'm not going to tell you here, as it may turn out to become a spoiler for Fairy Tail plot.
    Yeah I too know this myth and if I'm not wrong it was present also in Saint Seiya, even tough that arc was filler.
    Anyway it is possible that Mashima was inspired by this legend.
    About the Acnologia/Zeref issue, I thinkt hat the two must have had some sort of relationship; otherwise, why Acnologia would go to him in order to become a full-fledged dragon?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    I'm getting that idea now too. Honestly its the only explanation that makes sense. We know Natsu and other true DS show up as older than 80 when magically examined, whether that's because their magic is ancient or some other reason - we don't know.

The way I see it, the dragon slayers are reincarnations of dragons as humans or they're all a lot older than they think. Still soooooooooooo many questions. The fact that Zeref knows Natsu is a very good indication of things. Really curious where Mashima is going with this.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

It seemed to me that Zeref summoned acnologia to his location, it was as if he was fighting the darkness and broke and gave in. @_@ TOO MANY QUESTIONS. DAMN IT.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Put it in spoiler tags for such a long post. I liked the post but I just can't see them being time travelers, I think the Edolas arc ruled that out entirely. Edolas clearly had history with dragons, hence the ancient knowledge about their powers and the dragon slayers. So I would add one part. Edolas may have been a part of the world and was ripped off at some point in the battle of the Dragons, hence why the magic power in that land was limited, because it wasn't a real world to begin with but part of the main one. Anyways that's just a slight possibility. I've been trying to figure out the point to that arc, it had a build up with Mystogan and the explanation of having 2 Gerards, then the biggest thing to me is Grandine and Porlyuska. She's a human counterpart to a dragon. SEE where this is going? But the reason I think Edolas arc ruled out your idea about them being 400 year time travelers, is that the duplicates in edolas were the same age (except for Wendy).
    They aren't 400 years, they are biologically in their right age, the dragons took them to the great magic world (X300 true timeline), trained them, and send them back to their rightful place.

I think the thing that held Natsu and Gajeel in that barrier was their clothing, Natsu might be 20 years old something but his scarf given by Ingneel came from 400 years ago and hence he got rejected.

The concept of parallel dimensions and timelines is already present in FT, Mashima has experience and affinity for that theme, it wouldn't be bad if there was a broken world full magic version of Earthland and Eclipse will inadvertedly bring it forth.

Mashima has proved his writing capabilities in that area, he can reuse that theme if played right.

Heck, there were even crossovers with RM, what prevents FT from being another dimension/timeline from the RM multiverse?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I really think that Zeref was and is a good guy.
    I think from his interaction with Hades that while he's no longer outright evil, he can't really be called good either. The person he was killing there had it coming, but Zeref's attitude while he did it was kind of like a villain's explaining his master scheme before shooting the hero (he just didn't happen to have any plans.) If in the past he didn't value life, which he claims himself, then he wouldn't have just stopped with villains. Kind old neighbors and that puppy across the street would have been fair game.

Not to mention we've seen two demons he's created, one who rampantly destroys things, one who steals the souls of everyone around it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We know why DS's were created, for the purpose of helping win the Dragon Civil War. So that begs the question why are DS's still being "created"? The war is clearly over and on top of that DS's basically led to the near extinction of all Dragons. So why produce more individuals like that, especially since we just learned that Sting and Rogue "killed" their Dragons. It makes no sense to create beings that are meant to and often do kill you.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    We know why DS's were created, for the purpose of helping win the Dragon Civil War. So that begs the question why are DS's still being "created"? The war is clearly over and on top of that DS's basically led to the near extinction of all Dragons. So why produce more individuals like that, especially since we just learned that Sting and Rogue "killed" their Dragons. It makes no sense to create beings that are meant to and often do kill you.
    It sure is strange, but it seems that the dragon survivors (which seem to be guided by Igneel) are preparing for another war against Acnologia and the other DS who rebelled.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Weird scenario, what if sting and rogue's dragons for some plot related reason asked to be killed? It doesn't seem like sting and rogue are evil per say (just assholes) and igneel does seem kinda familiar with the others. Or perhaps their dragons were just on acknologias side....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting chapter
    one person was questioning god magic and i might answer that question. It might be derived from dragon slayers. Humans learnt magic from dragons and these dragonslayers then taught that magic to other humans but was named god magic. Dragons are considered godly anyways and the name stuck. However I do have one question.
    as for acalogia being human and killing humans makes sense. all villians destroys all weak people so he can make only his henchmen survive, he seemed to want to get rid of the competition in my opinion
    my question is that how does natsu and lucy fit into all of this though in my opinion natsu is exhibitin a unique ability the ability to take on other elements it might be unique to him alone.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Thuwa25's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder what story is Arcadios trying to concoct to convince fairy that he working for "the greater good." even though when know there is ulterior motive. i reckon what he might do is destroy zeref to control acnologia for his own gain. i dunno whether acnologia is the dragon king....?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I just thought of something. I mean I think that I have an idea on what could occur when the Eclipse gate is going to be opened.

I think it's a device that is going to summon Acnologia and the dragons that opose him (most likely Igneel, Metalicana and Grandeeney, who I belive belong to the human coexistence fraction) and restart the Dragon King festival - after all another all out war between dragons vs dragons + DS is definitely going to "change the world".

Now, the reason why I think that's going to be the case is:

1.) Igneel's statmemnt when the fight between Sting and Rouge is about to start, that the Dragon King Festival is going to occur soon

2.) Future Levy's scar, which might be something done by a claw, and we know that dragons have claws.

3.) The mysterious girl's note from chapter 300, that suggests that there is a connection between the dragon king festival and the Eclipse plan.

As for Arcadois, well he might mistakenly belive that the Eclipse gate is going to summon Zeref, or be something that is going to kill him (which, I doubt, since Zeref has said that the only thing that can bring an end to his existence is Natsu.)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    There's just one problem. Jade Dragon didn't teach human DS Magic, he considered them food. xD
    perhaps he still can teach DS while in ghost form? does DS magic have a ritual before being thought like drinking dragon's blood or bathing on it, if there is no prerequisite on the magic then there is no stopping current or previous DS to teach it to someone else, hence making the magic more common.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    perhaps he still can teach DS while in ghost form? does DS magic have a ritual before being thought like drinking dragon's blood or bathing on it, if there is no prerequisite on the magic then there is no stopping current or previous DS to teach it to someone else, hence making the magic more common.
    Being a ghost doesn't mean he wants to teach anyone DS magic. When he lived he didn't want to, why would he now? And to see him in ghost form you need to use magic- Milky Way, so only Grandine's DS can see him (and people accompanying her). Noone else can, noone else can be taught by him. And again, why the hell would he change his attitude towards people? Don't just say some random stuff to oppose someone without a good reason.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast