Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • HxH is the Best Manga Ever

    28 54.90%
  • Tie with One Piece/Naruto

    2 3.92%
  • Tie with Toriko /FMA/FT

    1 1.96%
  • I like HxH more than One Piece

    0 0%
  • I like HxH more than Naruto

    2 3.92%
  • I like HxH more than Fairy Tail/Toriko/FMA

    0 0%
  • 2nd to One Piece

    0 0%
  • 2nd to Naruto

    0 0%
  • 2nd to FairyTail/Toriko/FMA

    0 0%
  • HxH is in my Top 3 Most Favorite

    11 21.57%
  • HxH is in my Top 5 Most Favorite

    6 11.76%
  • HxH is in my Top 10 Most Favorite

    1 1.96%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

  1. #31
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    I choose option one... coz yeah I'm still here, still following Togashi even though there are many Hiatuses and its been 11 yrs since I first connect with it...

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    569
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Wat will happen if togashi died b4 finishing HxH??

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    Wat will happen if togashi died b4 finishing HxH??
    People would be sad for various reasons.

  4. #34
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    Wat will happen if togashi died b4 finishing HxH??
    it will be continued or not (if there is a will)...
    do they have what we call conjugal property in Japan? then thats it, the only one allowed to finish the story is wife (and if his children will inherit it) . And hunterxhunter is already under Takeuchi company in order to protect it from the likes of Shueisha and other etc....

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #35
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Cinnabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    it will be continued or not (if there is a will)...
    do they have what we call conjugal property in Japan? then thats it, the only one allowed to finish the story is wife (and if his children will inherit it) . And hunterxhunter is already under Takeuchi company in order to protect it from the likes of Shueisha and other etc....
    IIRC, his wife helps draw some of the stuff in the manga sometimes, right?

  7. #36
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member riniloves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    IIRC, his wife helps draw some of the stuff in the manga sometimes, right?
    yes (occasionally).... she started helping during the what we call drafting days (1998) .... and the hxh notes on each chapter ( before) points about that...
    Last edited by riniloves; September 24, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

  8. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Great thread fail poll... Why? All are shounen for me there are fewer masterpieces in Shounen than Seinen to name a few Vinland Saga, Berserk, Vagabond.. And about the poll it is better if tie with one piece only and don't make Naruto the same level as One piece same with Fairy Tail and FMA even if I like FT it is nowhere near FMA's level... And where the hell is Slam Dunk and Death Note there... Not the best for me but one of the best

  9. #38
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    I chose option 1 because its my personal favorite manga. The only manga I have ever read that's better than HxH is Berserk. But I like HxH more

    PS - Its hands down the best written manga in Weekly JUMP.

  10. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    I chose option 1 because its my personal favorite manga. The only manga I have ever read that's better than HxH is Berserk. But I like HxH more

    PS - Its hands down the best written manga in Weekly JUMP.
    Berserk is good but I rank HxH higher. Berserk is much slower paced and while the artwork is gorgeous there's a lot of nothing going on in it.
    Don't get me wrong a lot does happen in Berserk but I think it spends too much time making Guts look cool slaying monsters and less
    time actually progressing the plot. I think this casual pacing works very well in early Berserk with the Golden Age and Retribution arcs

    Also I like the characters better in Hunter x Hunter than Berserk. Berserk characters aside from having something
    wrong with them tend to be rather flat. Example is Farnese. She was somewhat interesting in the Retribution arc
    when she's a knight or whatever for the Vatican but has all these blasphemous thoughts and what not that conflicts her.
    But take away that conflict and well...she's boring. She was interesting again for a moment when she had to ask
    her family for a boat but really it just seems like unless they got mental problems Berserk characters are for the most part dull.

    Berserk has a lot more action than Hunter x Hunter...but honestly it gets boring to me after a while
    because there's little to no actual conflict in it except oh no Guts is turning into a Hollow...I mean into the Berserker armor.

    Berserk is still great. But to me it is largely overrated.

    Plus I hate the miget witch girl. Whatever her name was. I hope she burns.

  11. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Berserk is good but I rank HxH higher. Berserk is much slower paced and while the artwork is gorgeous there's a lot of nothing going on in it.
    Don't get me wrong a lot does happen in Berserk but I think it spends too much time making Guts look cool slaying monsters and less
    time actually progressing the plot. I think this casual pacing works very well in early Berserk with the Golden Age and Retribution arcs

    Also I like the characters better in Hunter x Hunter than Berserk. Berserk characters aside from having something
    wrong with them tend to be rather flat. Example is Farnese. She was somewhat interesting in the Retribution arc
    when she's a knight or whatever for the Vatican but has all these blasphemous thoughts and what not that conflicts her.
    But take away that conflict and well...she's boring. She was interesting again for a moment when she had to ask
    her family for a boat but really it just seems like unless they got mental problems Berserk characters are for the most part dull.

    Berserk has a lot more action than Hunter x Hunter...but honestly it gets boring to me after a while
    because there's little to no actual conflict in it except oh no Guts is turning into a Hollow...I mean into the Berserker armor.

    Berserk is still great. But to me it is largely overrated.

    Plus I hate the miget witch girl. Whatever her name was. I hope she burns.
    Damn. Nicely put.

    Also LOOOL @ " Plus I hate the miget witch girl. Whatever her name was. I hope she burns "

    ---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by riniloves View Post
    yes (occasionally).... she started helping during the what we call drafting days (1998) .... and the hxh notes on each chapter ( before) points about that...
    I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that she helped him with HxH for the first maybe.. 2-3 years but then she quit because it was too hard/too much work. I forgot where I read it though

    ---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

    Oh found it. Its on her Wiki.

    "In her short comic strip Princess Naoko Takeuchi Back-to-Work Punch!!, Takeuchi met Yoshihiro Togashi at a meeting and had a meeting arranged between them by voice actress Megumi Ogata.[15][16]. She worked for Togashi as an assistant (doing screentone) and as a manager on volume 1 of Hunter × Hunter. However the work and the demands proved more than she had expected, so she ended up quitting."

  12. #41
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Raftel
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Why is 'tie with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure' not an option? Guess I'll just say Best Manga Ever
    Jojo has a SPECIAL ONE SHOT in Jump this week
    http://weeklyjump.livejournal.com/

    You better look for the scans.

    ---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy3331 View Post
    Well, I'd say Hunter x Hunter is in my top 3 or 5 depending on how I work the list, I have a list for anime only and a list for anime/manga/light novels all pretty much mixed in for top 10. Plus no matter how the work is crafted I rank shows soley on my enjoyment, so if I ever made a list I'd more than likely be frowned upon or slapped with fish. Seriously you don't want to know what series battle for my number one. XD

    Even still Hunter x Hunter is a great series very high on my list, I'd probably put it above one piece, though it still hasn't beat my number 1, which is soley because of my taste bias and because this, OP and another manga are my own big 3 from WSJ (F**K THE STANDARDS!)

    EDIT

    thinking about it, its pretty damn obvious what series I was refering to, but I'll leave it at that XD
    Is it BEELZEBUB?

  13. #42
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    where the dudes wear skinny jeans.
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    i didn't vote. I thought it was great until it got to the ANT arc. wtf was that about. stupidest thing ever. The art and story ruined it for me, not to mention that it took 2- 4 years to end because of hiatus . it was just awful.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

  14. #43
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Raftel
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    JoJo and HxH are masterpieces.
    There will be a JOJO EXHIBITION
    https://twitter.com/i/#!/SASAKI_Hisa...com%2FapHuqfEk
    Last edited by FaustXIII; October 03, 2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: unclickable link

  15. #44
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ContractHunterMEMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    i didn't vote. I thought it was great until it got to the ANT arc. wtf was that about. stupidest thing ever. The art and story ruined it for me, not to mention that it took 2- 4 years to end because of hiatus . it was just awful.
    Let's see, where should I start...

    Don't know why the art issue is brought up if that problem's been fixed ever since the release of the volumes where everything has been redrawn. I understand that if you were reading HXH during the time of the hiatuses, that art left a bad after taste that most likely distorted Togashi's intentions. I don't believe that same argument can be used again if you read it now from the beginning to the end.

    How exactly is it the "stupidest thing ever" to you or what happened in the story that made you feel that way (besides the hiatus and the art)? What makes it awful in your opinion? Were the use of ethos, logos and pathos incorrectly imposed by Togashi?

    Back up the things you say, because offering constructive criticism is much more appreciated than providing little or no evidence at all. I suggest re-reading it and discuss how or how it doesn't change your perceptions of the arc.

  16. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Yami Sekai
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    266
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How much do you like Hunter x Hunter?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    Wat will happen if togashi died b4 finishing HxH??
    I dont even want to think about something like that

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts