Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK Chapter 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK Chapter 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

New chapter:

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/12462051/1

The last guy from Kensei's group was revealed.

All of Ryozanpaku's masters are going to raid the base where Akira was being "judged". It looks like an apartment complex, aha.
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; September 21, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

Last disciple in Titan looks promising. He might kill somebody or put them in a state that they have to be saved Kensei or Akisame. Miu finally releasing her ki is interesting here, so does she get to own one these guys. Ryuuto is in the car does he get to make an appearance. It is a very interesting chapter, without even giving thought about what the Masters will face in the Yami compound.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that the titan guy? From what I recall the first time titan was seen that guy had long hair. Wouldn't he be the weapon's yomi?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Is that the titan guy? From what I recall the first time titan was seen that guy had long hair. Wouldn't he be the weapon's yomi?
    He talks as if he was one of Kenseis disciples and as far as we know Kensei isnt a part of the weapons division so he having a weapon user disciple sounds very far fetched. Was it just me or the new guy seems to be blind? There is this one panel closing in on his eyes and it looks kind blury, might be reading too much into it though. Gotta ask the obvious question since nobody else did it, how the helll does the author plan to keep the rest of the shinpaku alliance busy? There is like 15 of them and only 2 of yomi dosent look like much of a fight to me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only time in the past that they fought as a team as been against Master Class fighters. I think it's going to be one on one fights. The bigger question is that if that is true who steps up to fight who?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, currently the only proven members of shinpaku/ryozampaku who have shown the sheer skill to be able to handle actual yomi members are kenichi and miu. The actual members of the shinpaku alliance seem perhaps not quite there yet or at least have yet shown to have caught up. Even when takeda fought kenichi I get the impression that kenichi was actually still well above him (he had the slow started issue against someone who could be considered a fast starter). The strongest members in the shinpaku alliance are either takeda, who also has a master, and sigfried who is a genius and back at despair island was supposedly stronger than the entire capoeira team. Freya and kisara are pretty strong but I would question to what extent they could handle a yomi, it just doesn't seem as if they are there.

What would make the most sense is that the new guy fights kenichi. Takeda might have a beef with thor taking in consideration the guy beat him up during the fight with ryuto. Still, I wouldn't buy takeda winning against thor. At a purely physical level thor was perhaps at or above yomi level back then(that is what I gather considering he was able to handle people with actual battle techniques), add in actual technique and you got something quite fearsome.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

This was super fast chapter, quite unexpected considering the recent slow progress. Ryozanpaku suddenly invading one of Yami bases, Kenichi, Miu and Shinpaku encountering Kensei's disciples. I think what third guy's eyes are showing is Seidou Goui, and him being able to activate it that easily or maybe even permanently. Awesome fights incoming.
    Last edited by Buggy; September 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    This was super fast chapter, quite unexpected considering the recent slow progress. Ryozanpaku suddenly invading one of Yami bases, Kenichi, Miu and Shinpaku encountering Kensei's disciples. I think what third guy's eyes are showing is Seidou Goui, and him being able to activate it that easily or maybe even permanently. Awesome fights incoming.
    Not sure if activating seido goi is a matter of ease or difficulty but the prospect of someone being able to handle the stress of it for long amounts of time is quite interesting. I do think the guy is just blind though.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Ahh, I forgot to comment in regards to miu. Interestingly it seems her dou ki thing is still an issue however the approach to control it is actually releasing all of it. I wonder if this will play a part in the upcoming yomi fights.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

On another note, why in the world is it so hard to find yami bases to begin with? They usually are colosal structures which basically scream out loud "GOD DAMNED EVIL IS HAPPENING HERE 24/7". Its not like they are hidden or anything, they can usually be seen from huge distances. Its like yami wants them found.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangareaders translation doesn't really make sense to me pertaining to Miu's dou ki release compared to the mangainn translation but then again I am quite confused here....is her body unable to keep up with the power of her Dou ki release thats why she's learning muscle mastery? or has she yet to release it that's why she's undergoing Ma's training to do so? I'm not sure which translation makes more sense here...someone help me out!

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Yeah the bases shouldn't be hard to find! All you gotta do is look for large buildings in woodlands

I'm not sure that last guy is blind, but I'm more interested in finding out his strength level. This will be a good opportunity for the stronger members of SA to showcase their skills against yomi in a losing effort until Miu and Kenichi step in to battle. As for the masters case....well we know the Saint Fist is still in the mountains, so hopefully the gang will encounter some powerful master class weapon users!
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; September 21, 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, your guess is as good as mine. Anyways, to me the mangainn translation makes more sense. From what I gather what is happening is that her dou ki is finally awakening. The awakening results in an actual increase in strength which is proving to be too great a strain on her body as seen by her bleeding hand. She is actually using more force than what she can handle. I guess ma's training is meant to teach her how to better control her muscles in order to limit or prevent damage. Basically what they are going for is fully awakening her ki and teaching her control.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated to Mangastream's translation.

About this guy's eyes: Alexander and Kokin had dark eyes and nothing special came out of it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^You have a point about that, but the way it was shown looked like it had some meaning to it, who knows.

As I understand, Miu's dou ki is getting too strong for her body and it starts to damage her body. She is undergoing Ma's ying training to strengthen the critical parts and they are going to release her ki fully.

As for Yami bases, I think the reason is that Yami is everywhere. They could be holding a meeting in a building next door. You never know where to look. One of their bases was in American military base even.

On a side note, one thing I noticed in some translations is "Ba" instead of "Ma" Kensei. Anyone can tell if that's because symbols are similar in Japanese or that Ma and Ba sound similar in Chinese?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, cat! A little more!!

I almost cried laughing

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the new guys potential blindness, I do think there are a few considerations to make. In particular there are things to consider as to how he is different from koukin.

Koukin did have dark eyes but the pupils and sections are very distinguishable between them. In turn the new guys seems to have his eyes blurred out, he does not have clearly defined eye section. For another, there is this particular comment he made. He kept his eyes closed for no apparent reason for a while, then he opens them and suddenly makes a comment based on seeing "these" things quite well. For me the whole situation is a tad weird.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned, these guys are pretty much utterly screwed, new character or not. Miu is there after all, and I'm pretty sure that no Yomi is a match for her at this point aside from, maybe, Kajima, and that's a huge maybe since we don't know much about him at the moment.

But of course she probably won't fight, or there'll be fodder that she takes on or something. I'm sure Takeda will want a crack at Berserker, and maybe Kenichi will end up fighting the new guy for a short period of time.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast