Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HSDK Chapter 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK Chapter 491 Discussion / 492 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    As far as the new guys potential blindness, I do think there are a few considerations to make. In particular there are things to consider as to how he is different from koukin.

Koukin did have dark eyes but the pupils and sections are very distinguishable between them. In turn the new guys seems to have his eyes blurred out, he does not have clearly defined eye section. For another, there is this particular comment he made. He kept his eyes closed for no apparent reason for a while, then he opens them and suddenly makes a comment based on seeing "these" things quite well. For me the whole situation is a tad weird.
    Ho-ho-ho! someone is honing the "deep-observer" skill.

In context, his words and action together at that panel hints that he is blind.

Miu will find a way to not be truly useful, and translate "truly useful" to just trash everyone in that car. Maybe some scrub weapon's master will appear to keep her at bay

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for some action to go down. And now it does, rather suddenly. It was 0 to 100 in about two pages. Seems like things are about to get busy. I think Shinpaku's total ability should exceed that of Kensei's disciples. Miu should be more than a match for any of Yomi. Kenichi should be able to hold his own against either of the two. And the combined forces of the others should be able to handle any of the fighters. Of course, Miu may be come temporarily useless, as I think most of us expect. But, I'm excited nonetheless. And of course, there's also the masters going into battle.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

based on what we know about titan and kensei's training methods the whole point is for them to develop their individual talents beyond what would be normal for disciples at their current age and stage of training. In the case of atalante we saw that her main trait was speed. So what would be the points where berserker and the new guy would be most talented at? The one time we saw berserker fight he was basically all for speed however I doubt the author would give the same talent to two members. Maybe berserker is talented at everything? Or perhaps his talent will be actual physical strength? If his thing is strength then perhaps we are about to see a few interesting things. As for the other guy, if he is blind I would argue the author will go for reading the enemy or something. Basically a standard daredevil who can not only hear everything coming but also anticipate it. Perhaps even the usual "I can tell you are lying because of your breathing and loud heartbeat".

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...whatever Berserker got an upgrade in is anyone's guess, but I agree that we can rule out speed. Maybe he really did just get an all around boost, perhaps even an upgrade for Berserker Mode.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt berserker mode would be a good thing to upgrade. Isn't that standard dou ki rampaging? While it would be a significant increase in power as far as he goes it would also be a huge risk and not very interesting and perhaps not even an actual skill. At the moment I lean towards physical strength. It would be interesting to see a disciple whose physical strength exceeds kenichi (who so far has mostly had an edge on that department).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the last of kensei's disciples isn't blind, I think he's eyes are a perfect form of the seidou gou.

The battles that I think that will happen:
    Kenichi vs rare eyes guy
    Miu vs rimi
    Berserker vs takeda and freya
    Everybody else vs ryuto(if he wants to fight) or Everybody else vs master class that was driving the car.
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If he perfected Seidou Gou that'd be crazy...I get the feeling that's impossible though.

I'd like to see Sieg get a 1 on 1 match, personally. He was apparently close to master class (high expert I guess) with his countering during D&D, although I guess you can say that that's been retconned or something.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this Arc can bring Kenichi to a new level. The thing is as most of you mentioned Kensei tries to upgrade his discipoles in one art that they are better in, so whe can assume that in this Arc Kenichi will have to upgrade all of this abilities in order either to win against any of these guys or at least to be on par with them, so it might be an interesting development for him as it seems that he will be a Superhuman of his generation beeing on different level in every art and ability from other guys of Shinpaku Alliance.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2